PDA

View Full Version : 10 Most Mismatched Movie Couples

Mu Satach
Feb 12th, 2008, 09:58:26 AM
<i>From <a href="http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/10mostmismatchedcouples.html">Yahoo</a> : </i>
Hayden Christensen & Natalie Portman
Star Wars - Episode II and Episode III - 2002/2005
After watching the uncomfortable scenes with Natalie Portman and 10-year-old Jake Lloyd in The Phantom Menace, Star Wars fans everywhere thought, "It can't get worse than this." Oh, how little they knew. For the next two prequels, they were faced with Portman and Christensen stiffly reciting George Lucas' leaden dialogue. When the giant lizard Obi-Wan rides is more convincing than their romance, it's enough to make you want to scream "Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!"

:lol

The other pairings in the article are spot on as well.

Yuri Thrice
Feb 12th, 2008, 11:34:06 AM
Wow, that is just great! :lol

JMK
Feb 12th, 2008, 06:14:44 PM
It's sad, but true. Their onscreen chemistry stunk. I remember The casting director, McCallum and other boasting about how the sparks were flying in the auditions. I guess they used all that magic up off-camera because there sure wasn't much in either film.

Yuri Thrice
Feb 15th, 2008, 10:23:45 AM
Hmmm, it may have little to do with the actual chemistry, and more with the rigid script writing. Though emotion was indeed there, they were.....I dunno, not so believable in their love interest.....They seemed robotic, lacking soul, and a bit rigid.

A sex scene might've helped.....no lewd joke intended or implied....Or something, for cryin'-out-friggin'-loud. :shakefist

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 15th, 2008, 11:20:04 AM
Hayden Christensen clearly attended the Keanu Reeves School For Wooden Acting... my housemate calls him Mannequin Skywalker. :D

Mu Satach
Feb 15th, 2008, 11:38:58 AM
Eh... I tend to think it was the dialogue and directing. I tend to watch a lot of campy crap mainly because I love watching actors seriously try and sell the bad writing.

My heart goes out to any actor who jumps in with both feet and delivers terrible lines as best they can.

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 25th, 2008, 10:43:18 PM
Well I also don't think Lucas can write Romance either. He should have brought somebody else into write that stuff.

Yog
Feb 26th, 2008, 11:05:08 AM
This one is the most mismatched for me:

Eddie Murphy & Eddie Murphy
Norbit - 2006
It took 25 years of hard work for Eddie Murphy to go from "Saturday Night Live" cast member to Oscar-nominated thespian. But it took just 2-1/2 minutes of the "Norbit" trailer to kill any hope he ever had of being taken seriously again. As both the nerdy title character and his overweight and domineering wife Rasputia, Murphy proved he can be supremely unpleasant no matter what size or gender.

It was easily one of the worst movies I have seen in while. Gotta tell you, Eddie sweeping the Golden Raspberries was fully earned.. :lol

As for Lucas writing and directing romance.. yeah.. :\