PDA

View Full Version : The Devil's Got Your Number

Paddy O'Sullivan
Feb 11th, 2008, 11:10:51 AM
Behind him he heard the collision and the cursing. There was another car in front, he jumped and took the brunt of the impact. He rolled and plunged hands and knees into water. Car doors slammed, there were raised voices, and he was up and running again.

He looked for signs. The rain came down thick and hard, it glistened in the sky and shimmered on the ground. His feet pounded the pavement and spashed through puddles. The bottom of his jeans were soaked. He crossed another road to the sound of angry honking horns. Faces whipped past and his eyes darted this way and that.

La Chi-Diner

Bold and brazen, the lights burned red through the watery haze. He dared a glance over his shoulder. The coast was clear. His hands sliced through the bitter evening air. He crashed through the diner door, heads surfaced curiously, and soft jazz filtered through the clatter of cups and cutlery. Long strides took him to the back of the diner. He fell into a booth occupied by a woman with brown hair. Two open menus were placed strategically upright against the steamed window. His head was low and he took a break away from menu reading to acknowledge the woman opposite.

"Alright, honey."

Arabella Balfour
Feb 11th, 2008, 12:24:23 PM
She only just removed a little bag of Darjeeling from it's simmering confines, in the form of a porcelain cup, when her solitude was interrupted by a complete stranger plunking himself down without ceremony across from her. Arabella blinked for a moment, certain that he would realize that he'd opted for the wrong table and excuse himself.

While he perused the menu, showing no obvious signs of doing so, she wrapped the string around her teabag and applied pressure to the silver spoon to squeeze every last bit of the delightful Indian brew into her cup, then set the spoon down with a quizzical and searching gaze. The way he propped the menu's up gave her cause to regard him more closely, and when he did chance to look up, she knew she was done for.

This city was simply crawling with vampires, there was no way around it.

First her attack moments after arriving at the airport. Then the display of insanity that she had narrowly escaped while shopping, and now? Who knew what was going on? Best just to play along for the moment, she thought..

"Honey... is no good in Darjeeling, young man. You may call me Arabella, if you don't mind." Perhaps her haughty set down would make him realize she was not without intelligence..

"May I help you..?", she asked curiously, knowing full well what curiosity had done to the proverbial cat.

Paddy O'Sullivan
Feb 11th, 2008, 12:42:10 PM
His arms were folded on the table and he leaned forward, his chin cradled on the back of his hand. Slowly, he peeled his eyes away from the menu and stared up at her with intent. His voice was low.

"Are yeh offerin'?"

Arabella Balfour
Feb 11th, 2008, 01:01:27 PM
She mulled over the question, as if she had all the time in the world. Taking a leisurely sip of her tea, Arabella weighed the options. So far this one was playing nice, and it seemed like he was the one in trouble.

"It depends..", she finally said, setting down the cup, folding her hands over it to warm them. She hadn't realized how very cold she was, until the returning heat caused her to shudder involuntarily.

"Do I have a choice..?", her warm brown eyes locked on the man across from her.

Paddy O'Sullivan
Feb 11th, 2008, 02:09:04 PM
"Yeh always 'ave a choice,"

He shifted in the seat, keeping his head low, he glanced down the length of the diner. Water dripped from his soaking rust-coloured hair onto the table. He raised his hand to a waitress then turned his attention back to the stranger sat with him.

"O' course, it works both ways. Can I get yeh anythin'?"

Arabella Balfour
Feb 11th, 2008, 02:17:18 PM
"No, thank you.", she smiled slighty at the offer.

The timer on her watch chose that moment to sound it's soft little alarm. She seemed surprised that the time had flown, but dutifully reached into the bag at her side to remove a prescription pill bottle and tap two little capsules into her waiting hand. As an after thought, she had brought along a scarf tucked into her coat, just incase it decided to open up and rain as it was doing now. She handed it across the table so that her newly acquired companion could soak up some of the torrent he was dripping across the table linen..

"Perhaps, if I knew what it was you needed help with..?" She discreetly popped the pills into her mouth and took a sip of water.

Paddy O'Sullivan
Feb 11th, 2008, 02:58:50 PM
"A bit o' company."

The waitress arrived with a notepad. He ordered a black coffee and made small talk with Sherry; she wore a name badge; they talked about the special and how business had been while the woman took her medication. His eyes never left her. When Sherry retreated to the kitchen, he thanked her for the scarf and dried his hair with it.

"I'm Paddy."

Arabella Balfour
Feb 11th, 2008, 03:59:57 PM
She waited until the server had moved off before speaking again. Company, indeed? Well he'd found the right girl for that! She thought to herself, ever the cynic these days.

"Arabella Balfour..", she repeated her name. It would have drawn notice in London or Paris, but the beauty of being here in Chicago was that she was not widely known.

"The pleasure is mine, Paddy. Company..? Hmmm.. is that usually how you go about it, then? Find a suitable female and play lost boy coming in from the rain? I'll bet the accent does it everytime, am I right?", she teased..

Paddy O'Sullivan
Feb 11th, 2008, 05:33:06 PM
"Yeh took the words outta me mout'."

His face was still, his eyes were trained on her, and her smart mouth was smiling. They shared a moment of silence. He pulled the scarf from his shoulders and offered it to her. He spoke like a man accustomed to meeting strangers.

"Since we're bein' forward wit' each udder 'ere. Would yeh care to tell me whadda woman such as yerself is doin' in a dump like dis? Yeh don't strike me as de diner type."

Arabella Balfour
Feb 11th, 2008, 06:12:43 PM
"Well, two reasons..", she smiled and picked her cup up from the little saucer and took another sip.

"They have excellent tea here for one.."

Her light mood was suddenly overcast a bit by a shadow of uncertainty and fear that passed over her features like a raincloud. The fact that she was sitting across from someone like Paddy didn't scare her, but reason number two did..

"It is also in proximity to the University hospital, where I make frequent visits. The music drew my attention, and I've since made the habbit of stopping in on the way home. I just happen to be here a little longer tonight, waiting out the rain.."

Paddy O'Sullivan
Feb 11th, 2008, 06:18:30 PM
"You're sick," he said, it wasn't a question.

The waitress returned and, as well as the coffee, she brought with her another moment of silence between the pale pair. She left them, muttering something about an exciting table. He gulped some coffee.

"Is it serious?"

Arabella Balfour
Feb 11th, 2008, 06:33:30 PM
"It is, actually...but never fear I won't pop off at the table and deprive you of my company." Her words were joking, but nothing more than her trying to make light of the dreadful situation and cover up her own anxiety which was fairly eating at her.

Arabella looked down at her hands folded in her lap. "Blood disorder, or so they say.."

Paddy O'Sullivan
Feb 11th, 2008, 07:01:07 PM
"Great... food poisonin'."

Sherry returned to collect Arabella's empty teacup. She leaned across the table, two buttons on her blouse had been opened and Paddy was afforded a generous glimpse of her profound bossom. His eyes went wide with wonder but it wasn't her cleavage he was interested in. Nested comfortably against her bare skin was a beautiful diamond ring; it hung from a chain and sparkled majestically even in the miserable diner light. When she left them, his hungry eyes doted on her for a beat until he came to his senses. He scratched the thick growth of burnt copper hair on his cheek, his face twisted with intense satisfaction.

"Lemme ask yeh summin', honey...bella. Yer not much of a traveller, are yeh?"

Arabella Balfour
Feb 11th, 2008, 07:09:01 PM
For a moment there she thought the poor waitress was about to be pounced and trounced. Arabella watched her companion, slightly more cautiously.

Food poisoning, indeed..

Her blood was not toxic, but she was not about to tell him that. It was just her cells had grown thin and weak from longetivity.

"No.. not really. I'm more of a home body, you could say. It's just that I've changed homes very recently. Why do you ask..?"

Paddy O'Sullivan
Feb 11th, 2008, 07:29:30 PM
"I can just tell dese tings," he said, a knowing glint in his eyes.

"Dat an' I'm new to Chicago meself. Funny we should end up sittin' togedder like a couple o' kindred spirits."

He drained the rest of his coffee in long successive gulps then called out to Sherry; he ordered a can of coke. Before returning his attention to Arabella, he peeked over the menus and scanned the street, the pavements were clear save for the odd unfortunate caught in the rain but the roads were still heaving with traffic.

"How long 'ave yeh been dis way?"

His green eyes fell upon her.

"An' I'm not talkin' about yer sickness."

Arabella Balfour
Feb 11th, 2008, 07:40:24 PM
Blast! She winced in her mind.

One just did not ask a lady her age! It simply was not done! Of course.. reactions like that proved just how very old-fashioned Arabella really was.

So they were going to have that talk on the first date, were they? Fine.. Keeping her poker face in place, she picked up the wine listing as if it held some great interest for her and scanned the reds. After a long moment of deliberation she muttered quietly an answer..

"Eighteen-Nineteen.." Peeking up to gauge his reaction, she admitted it to herself, she was something of an oddity.

Paddy O'Sullivan
Feb 12th, 2008, 08:29:15 AM
"I take me 'at off to yeh, love. Yeh look smashin'."

His eyebrows had raised a fraction but he wasn't that surprised. He'd seen plenty of strange things in his relatively brief life. His can of coke arrived, he opened it promptly and glugged. He sighed and wiped his mouth with the sleeve of his jumper.

"I'm a pup by comparison. I betcha it's an interestin' life yeh lead, Arabella."

Arabella Balfour
Feb 12th, 2008, 09:04:44 AM
Another sad little smile..

"It has been, yes.." There was a note of resignation there, as if she knew the last chord of the song that was her life, was about to play.

Arabella glanced out the window, the rain had let up. She could walk now without getting soaked to the bone. The only thing that kept her from doing so was the fact that Paddy seemed to need the diversion of sitting here talking, and it was nice to converse with someone that knew her for what she was, even if he was a tad on the challenged side of life himself.

"So Paddy, walk a lady home..?" She was taking a risk, sure, but if he wanted to turn nasty on her he would do so anyways, better to keep things friendly.

Paddy O'Sullivan
Feb 12th, 2008, 09:24:31 AM
"I walk a lady 'ome in return fer her 'elpin' me keep 'ed low? I like the sound o' dat."

He extended his hand across the table and for the first time, he smiled.

"Deal!"

Arabella Balfour
Feb 12th, 2008, 09:46:08 AM
He was awfully eager to make an agreement over such a trifling matter. That sent off little warnings to Arabella, she was not quite that green after all. Hasty deals meant trouble..

Her fingers reached toward his, but stopped teasingly short of sealing the deal. Let him squirm, she thought..

"No deal." She grinned, sliding her fingers backward over the table.

"You've already gotten that out of me, haven't you? I could have gotten up and left when you, a stranger, elected to grace me with your most charming presence. So.. the way I see it.."

She grinned, quite pleased with herself. "You already owe me the walk. Although I am still open to negotiations.."

Paddy O'Sullivan
Feb 12th, 2008, 09:55:18 AM
The smile disappeared immediately. He withdrew his hand and picked up his coke instead. He drank, never taking his eyes from her, he finished and snapped the ringpull from the can. He looked positively offended.

"I owe yeh nuttin', love. Now, if yeh don't mind..."

He rose out of his seat and slipped out of the booth, and as he turned away he spoke.

"I 'av teh see a bloke about a blood cure"

And he walked off to the counter to pay for his drinks.

Arabella Balfour
Feb 12th, 2008, 10:15:17 AM
My, but he was a prickly thing.. She thought, oddly amused.

Shaking her head, she gathered her few items from the seat beside her. She pulled on her long coat, slid her bag over her shoulder and casually joined him at the counter to pay her own bill. He couldn't just wander off after a comment like that!

While the desk attendant moved off to the register, Arabella couldn't help it, she had to know if he knew some other option for her. "Are you just toying with me? It isn't polite to bait those not long for the world..", she almost frowned. Frowning wasn't for her though, caused too many wrinkles..

"Besides, you're only put off because I'm not that easy to dupe. Admit it."

Paddy O'Sullivan
Feb 12th, 2008, 10:34:49 AM
"Toyin'? Dupin'?" he muttered to her at the counter, "Wha' do yeh take me fer, honey?"

Sherry returned with a huge grin, she said something about a good joke, and her arm reached out, he waved her off.

"Keep de change, love."

Resting neatly against her bossom was a ringpull attached to a gold chain. Paddy turned and skulked off, his hands thrusted into his pockets.

Arabella Balfour
Feb 12th, 2008, 10:51:06 AM
She shook her head, hidin' her amusement which would only further aggravate him she was certain. Settling her bill, Arabella went to turn and leave, but her eyes were drawn in by the sight of the little pull tab swinging from the necklace.

Well, well.. Our Paddy has nimble fingers in addition to a desire to make pacts. That explains quite a bit..

She stepped out into the damp street and didn't see Paddy. Had he disappeared on her after all? Arabella was somehow saddened by the thought. Although she often felt small and alone in this city, in a pinch she did have very good friends close by, but she suspected he did not. Nor did she understand why she should care, but she did. Maybe it was as he said, they were both new to town and, considering the facts, they did have a fair bit in common.

"Well.. save the trinket for a pretty girl instead of a pawn shop." she muttered, not knowing if he was even still around to hear her. Then started off toward the penthouse apartment Fiona had put her up in..

Paddy O'Sullivan
Feb 12th, 2008, 11:04:24 AM
Just to the side of the diner there was a trash can, full to the brim with the day's rubbish, and behind it, Paddy sat huddled. He stared blankly ahead, and listened to Arabella walk off. On the other side of the street, three cars were parked and a handful of gruff men stood holding an animated discussion. This would mean nothing to her and the faint click of her heels disappeared. It started as a gentle spit but soon the rain poured once more.

Arabella Balfour
Feb 12th, 2008, 11:21:56 AM
There was nothing to be done about her walk, it drew the eye. For far too long she had perfected the seductive gait of a courtesan, and still through no conscious effort on her part, her hips rolled invitingly with every step she took. A gathering of disgruntled sorts even stopped their bickering to glance her way while she crossed at the side walk.

She had nothing to say to anyone and kept moving, but as they started arguing again she had to wonder if they weren't what had sent Paddy into the diner in the first place. Her suspicions were confirmed when one of them rattled off his description. She stopped in her tracks.

What was she doing? She had no idea, but she turned around and was suddenly walking back their way.

"Pardon? I think I 'ave seen this person. He took my wallet from me at the diner over there and ran off.." Effecting her most wounded expression, and a heavily accented version of her own voice, she pointed down the street in the opposite direction.

"That way.." She even fluttered her long fringe of eyelashes.

They thanked her and started off on their fortunate lead.. She turned on a heel and carried on homeward..

Paddy O'Sullivan
Feb 12th, 2008, 11:46:39 AM
Rummaging through the contents of a discarded hamburger box was a scruffy brown rat. Paddy glimpsed around the side of the trash can; the cars were driving off and as they rolled by he ducked out of sight again. The clutter startled the rat, it looked up and caught Paddy's eye. He wrinkled his nose and it scurried off. From inside his jacket, he pulled out the diamond ring and stared at it. He decided to wait a while for the coast to clear, and sat in the dark, enamoured with the specks of dancing light.

Arabella Balfour
Feb 12th, 2008, 12:10:24 PM
The doorman of her building spotted her returning and offered a cordially nod as he opened the doors for her. "Good evening, Ms. Balfour. Welcome home."

She smiled but was not in the mood to make any more idle chat. Instead she traversed the checkered white and gray marble floors, stopping in front of the elevator and pressed the up button. Unlocking her private level, she stepped out and let herself into the top-floor apartment. The first thing she did was step out of her heels and pad barefoot over to the windows. No way was she going to open them, she was still quite chilly from being outside, as it was.

Draping her coat over the back of the couch, she sank down into it's depths, lifting up her feet. She studied the patterened ceiling, not having the slightest idea what to do with herself in the big apartment all alone.. She was not used to being so idle..

Paddy O'Sullivan
Feb 12th, 2008, 12:31:42 PM
Sometime later, Paddy caught sight of the little rat retreating from the street into the damp dark of the alley. He stood immediately and it reared up on its hind legs, looking at him with its beady eyes. His nose twitched, and it hurried off again, this time he followed it. The rain had been reduced to a slight drizzle. He kept close to the walls unless he was forced to cross the road, always at the rats tail, which occassionally turned to glance at its pursuer. He on the other hand, kept his eyes open for unfriendly faces and familiar cars.

Finally, the rat stopped at the foot of a grand flight of stone stairs leading up to a hotel entrance. A suited man stood guard at the door and gave Paddy no more than a passing glance. He hadn't noticed the rat, which was stood upright again, it squeaked. Paddy fished into his jacket pocket, threw it a piece of cheese, and as it left he scurried off in the opposite direction.

A thick black drainpipe ran down the side of the hotel, he looked skywards. Numerous windows glowed with warm light. Noone was around. He gripped the wet pipe and climbed. When he finally reached the top, dismayed by his lack of success, he hopped onto the balcony and looked inside, expecting to find the apartment empty. But there she was, sat comfortably in her luxurious home. Then it dawned on him: what the hell was he doing? She hadn't seen him, he hesitated, then turned to descend the pipe.

Arabella Balfour
Feb 12th, 2008, 12:39:40 PM
A shadow passed across the ceiling suddenly. Instantly on alert, she sat up and looked around not seeing anything out of the ordinary. Arabella was not usually given to illusions though, it had come from somewhere..

"Hello...?", she called, of course there was no reply.

Cautiously she rose and made her way over to the fireplace. Resting on a stand on the mantle was her favored katana. She didn't have much use for it recently, but she was more than adept when the situation called for it, Fiona had seen to that.

"Anyone there...?" Whoever it was, they would be better off coming out..

Lifting the latch on the balcony doors, she stepped out, blade tip forward and looked around. Still nothing.. Shrugging it off to paranoia she let down her guard and turned to go back inside..

Paddy O'Sullivan
Feb 12th, 2008, 12:47:43 PM
"I changed me mind."

Paddy held fast to the drainpipe, raindrops glistened on his pale skin, but his eyes didn't soften. He was serious.

"I'm open to negotiations."

Arabella Balfour
Feb 12th, 2008, 12:52:05 PM
Her heart slammed in her chest, startled..

I knew it!

Setting the katana down inside the doors, out of the rain she hurried across the balcony again and peeked over the side to find Paddy clinging like a monkey to the drain pipe.

"Oh... Oh my.. You better come in before you take a tumble.." She held out a hand shyly..

Paddy O'Sullivan
Feb 12th, 2008, 01:01:19 PM
He took her hand because it was there but his right hand was stronger and it was with that hand he pulled his weight. Up and over the railing he scrambled until he stood before her, he didn't know what to say. She walked inside and he followed, dripping.

"Not bad, dis place."

Arabella Balfour
Feb 12th, 2008, 01:47:02 PM
She looked around, appreciating the surroundings as well. "Thank you, though I can't claim it, not really. It belongs to a friend of mine. I have it on loan while I'm here, you could say.."

Arabella returned the katana to it's stand atop the mantle then stopped, quickly lighting a fire in the elegant hearth. They had both gotten wet and she hated being cold.. Forgoing both manners and furniture, she rocked backward onto her bottom and sat before the fire, tucking her knees up to her chin and hugging them.

"So you've changed your mind, have you?"

Paddy O'Sullivan
Feb 12th, 2008, 02:02:27 PM
"Dat's wha' I said."

He was clearly out of his comfort zone and the sight of naked flames didn't help. He kept his distance but felt awkward standing while she sat on the floor, so he sat on the floor also, with his back to the couch. His eyes shifted over the contents of the room; the furniture, the ornaments, the katana...

"I need a place to stay," he said, and winced with discomfort.

Arabella Balfour
Feb 12th, 2008, 02:21:18 PM
Peeking over, her eyes actually showed surprise. Even if that was what he wanted from the begining, she didn't peg him for the type to just come right out and say it. The effort must have been great for him, poor thing..

He seemed uncomfortable, and kept glancing at the fire. Belatedly she figured she should have asked him if he minded, not that she would have let him burn..

Without a word, she doused the flames and replaced the ornate glass in front of the hearth. There was a thermostat on the wall, after all.. She cranked the heat up and sat on the couch, a few feet from him.

"A place.. to hide out." She confirmed.

"Well.. there are several bedrooms here, so space isn't the concern." Her concern was that he would rob her blind and these were not all her things. Most of the items were Fiona's.

"So how about that deal.." Her tone clearly implied that he could stay, if he'd behave himself..

Paddy O'Sullivan
Feb 12th, 2008, 03:32:16 PM
"If yeh let me lie low 'ere for a bit..."

He hesitated, and stared at his fidgeting fingers. Then he continued, his voice filled with resignation.

"I might know a bloke who knows a bloke who can help yeh, arright?"

Arabella Balfour
Feb 12th, 2008, 03:49:24 PM
The cynic in her reared it's ugly head again. She doubted very much that anyone could really help her. Byron had tried. Others had offered, but it wasn't never quite right, and her fear always drove her to change her mind. Still, she didn't have anything to lose and everything to gain by letting Paddy contacts his..err.. blokes and so forth.

Already decided, she grinned at him. "And you'll behave yourself? No scurrying down the drainpipe with the silver...?"

She couldn't help but tease, he made it rather easy, and she hadn't been so amused in a while..

Paddy O'Sullivan
Feb 12th, 2008, 04:00:29 PM
"About dat," he said, grimly, "Reckon yer friend could take her stuff back?"

His eyes remained fixed on his fingers but he knew Arabella must be confused. He tensed and looked up at her, his gaze was intense and didn't shift from her, he couldn't afford to let it.

"Just fer a bit, while am 'ere... I can't 'elp it."

Arabella Balfour
Feb 12th, 2008, 04:42:55 PM
"I can manage that, yes.." He seemed almost distressed to admit to his addiction. Being around as long as she had, she'd seen it all, including compulsive thieves. She'd pack up anything that would be missed, then make sure it was put somewhere safe and out of sight until she could have it shipped to storage, or Fiona could pick it up.

She wondered what Fiona would think if she knew that Arabella had taken in a.. stray? What was Paddy exactly? Was she signing her early death warrant letting him in at all? She didn't think so, he could have killed her ten times over by now.

"Ok new roomie, here you go." She tossed him the remote to the rather monstrous flat screen then went off to busy herself with grabbing the loot.

Paddy O'Sullivan
Feb 12th, 2008, 05:10:39 PM
While Arabella cleared the room of its valuables, Paddy occupied himself with the television; once it was on, he turned the volume up so he couldn't hear where she was stashing the goods, then he channel-surfed until he came across a programme playing loud offensive music. He closed his eyes and buried his head between his legs. He would have to feed tomorrow, he thought. Suddenly, he muted the TV and called out from between his legs.

"Wait! We're forgettin' suttin' important!"

Arabella Balfour
Feb 12th, 2008, 05:20:15 PM
Arabella was in her room. She had a pair of crystal pillars for candles, pilfered off the table, recalling how Paddy had been transfixed with the sparkle of diamonds. These sparkled quite beautifully and had been the first thing she'd gotten out of sight. She opened a drawer near brimming with lacy under garments, but that would be the first place any decent theif would look. Especially a male one..

She turned in a circle, looking for options and feeling slightly ridiculous. Opening the closet she spied her recently unpacked designer luggage. It was the most creative place, but perhaps it was so obvious it would be over looked? Anyways.. she didn't care, she'd just have the load removed tomorrow and put in storage somewhere for now..

She heard Paddy call out from the living room and shoved her closet door shut, almost skipping back out.. "Yes..? You can have any room you want, if that's the question, just not the one I'm already unpacked in."

Paddy O'Sullivan
Feb 12th, 2008, 05:35:10 PM
"Not dat."

He stood and turned to face her. She was really beautiful, he noted. He would've picked up on such a thing sooner had his mind not been preoccupied. Too beautiful, he told himself. He cleared his throat.

"So, if I give yeh a hand with dis situation o' yours, de blood ting, yeh will let me stay 'ere?"

He extended his hand.

"Deal?"

Arabella Balfour
Feb 12th, 2008, 07:51:27 PM
She suddenly felt a little like Faust. Oh well.. She was already doomed for a lifetime, and then some, of the most immodest kinds of sins. What was her soul along with it? Arabella nodded to herself and slid her hand into Paddy's giving him a shake and sealing the bargain.

"Deal.."

Paddy O'Sullivan
Feb 14th, 2008, 03:49:23 PM
"Good," he said, sounding relieved.

A twinkle of light caught his eye and he pointed. On the mantle sat a gold antique clock.

"Get rid o' de clock."

He turned and crashed onto the couch. He kicked off his filthy sneakers and restored the volume of the television. It was a saucy advert for an adult channel. His big toes poked out through holes in the socks. He called out over the sound of women moaning suggestively.

"Yeh got any booze?"

Arabella Balfour
Feb 14th, 2008, 07:47:34 PM
Picking up the little clock, Arabella shot an incredulous look over her shoulder. My, but he had settled in after the handshake. Paddy took his deal making serious, dead serious, though his taste in programming was a tad.. vulgar and his clothes needed to make it down the nearest garbage shoot.

She sighed, sensing a mission coming on. It seemed she was going to have to civilize him just a bit. Well, perhaps.. refine would be a better way of putting it.

"Booze.. No. I do believe we have wine though.." She elected to keep mum on the topic of ordering out.

Arabella continued to glide around the apartment, removing the valuables from each corner and relocating them into her bedroom. In the end, she ran out of places to hide things and a pile began to form in front of her closet door.

Every so often she would catch some ridiculous sounds of panting and debauchery coming from the vicinity of the t.v.. This generation had no idea what the meaning of 'sensual' was, she scoffed indignantly.

As she crossed the room one last time, looking all around she got a bit weak at the knees and the room went rather dark on her. Sucking in a dazzed breath she groped for the table and cursed quietly, her alarm on her watch sounding again to take her medication.

Paddy O'Sullivan
Feb 14th, 2008, 08:29:11 PM
"As long as it 'as a percentage."

He stood and crossed the room, now clear of almost all fancy decor, and entered the kitchen. No cupboard was left unraided and a long row of wine bottles had formed on the breakfast bar. He opened a bottle and read the label.

"Châteauneuf-du-Pape. Nineteen sixty-eight."

He scoffed and took a healthy swig. Upon leaving the kitchen, he noticed the kinky advert had finished and the music videos had resumed. Halfway through another long gulp from the bottle, he noticed Arabella stood motionless next to the dinner table, her alarm ringing. He pulled the bottle away from his lips and regarded her in a boorish tone.

"Whads de madder wit you?"

Arabella Balfour
Feb 14th, 2008, 08:37:51 PM
She righted herself immediately. "Nothing.. I'm fine."

She shut her alarm off and entered the kitchen, removing yet another pill bottle from the cabinet nearest the fridge. She also retrieved a bottled water. Popping another couple pills she leaned against the counter, shutting her eyes until the dizziness passed. She was not doing as grand as she would like to believe. Whatever strength she'd recieved from Byron, before leaving Paris, was leaving her quickly.

Arabella opened her eyes and caught Paddy watching her curiously. "It's merely been a while," She shot him a look, so he would understand what she was refering to.. "..and it's not lasting as long as it used to. I'm afraid, I am a bit more delicate than I would like to admit.."

Paddy O'Sullivan
Feb 14th, 2008, 09:11:51 PM
"Oh, right."

He swigged from the wine bottle and slumped onto the couch. He focused his attention on a garish psychadellic music video for a punk band. Despite his best efforts watching television, his gaze wandered across the room whenever he leaned back to swallow more wine. He started fidgeting with the bottle top, peeling back the foil. He spoke, finally.

"But yer arright, aren' yeh?"

Arabella Balfour
Feb 14th, 2008, 09:26:44 PM
"Not sure.. but I hope your 'blokes are of the fast variety." She took the water bottle with her and joined him in the living room, sitting on the opposite end of the couch.

"Or you'll be down a place to stay before you get settled.." She looked more pale and weak now than she had earlier. She absently rubbed her arms, as if she were freezing, though the room was, in fact, quite warm now. Her dispassionate dark gaze was locked on the screen..

"What is this...?"

Paddy O'Sullivan
Feb 14th, 2008, 09:38:21 PM
"Who knows? Some colourful friggin' band or suttin'."

He was curt with her while she made some polite small talk. His mind was preoccupied with what she'd said about losing the roof over his head. He was two-thirds through the bottle. He swivelled in his seat and looked at her.

"Yeh look terrible."

He offered her the wine.

Arabella Balfour
Feb 14th, 2008, 09:45:16 PM
She looked at the offered bottle for a long moment.

"Oh, what the hell..." She leaned over and wrapped her fingers around the bottle. If she already looked awful, a nice pain-dulling buzz surely wouldn't hurt her. Besides... that was a damn nice bottle and she wanted a go..

Arabella tipped it back and glugged down two big swallows, then righted the bottle and closed her eyes in pure, decadent bliss. "That's quite good.."

She licked her lips, then handed the bottle back regretfully. The wine had an immediate effect, warming her a bit, making her feel less like an animated cadaver.

Paddy O'Sullivan
Feb 15th, 2008, 08:00:33 AM
"Wine's wine, innit?"

He shrugged and glugged the wine. His head rolled back and he stared at the ceiling, enjoying a warm heady rush. His eyes fell on Arabella again, who looked drowsy, but she had some colour in her cheeks now. He passed her the bottle again.

"Erm... so yeh always been a one-vampire-ghoul?"

Arabella Balfour
Feb 15th, 2008, 11:42:18 AM
Mid-sip, Arabella burst into hysterical giggles. That was the funniest damn thing she had ever heard. Paddy and his lack of dressing matters up was like a blast of fresh air in her life.

Wiping her lips, and still smiling ridiculously, she handed the bottle back again. "No.. not usually. Too risky staying with the same person for very long." She'd only grow attached, and it was a business arrangement after all..

She elaborated, without being too crude regarding her lifestyle. "At the very, least I have to keep them on a rotation."

She looked far-away, for a moment, lost in private reflection. "Although.. there has been a couple over the years that I have been with out of choice and not necessity. They were different matters entirely."

Paddy O'Sullivan
Feb 15th, 2008, 12:05:47 PM
While she spoke of her personal affairs, Paddy engaged in another bout of channel-surfing, and although he listened, his mind was elsewhere. The wine was affecting her fast which he assumed was a result of her sickness. He thought about how much time she had left and consequently, how much time he had to see his side of the deal through. He fully intended to stretch his stay for as long as possible but after harzarding a glance her way, he knew he'd have to act quickly. He'd start tomorrow.

"All dose years," he muttered absently, "Why didn' yeh just turn?"

Arabella Balfour
Feb 15th, 2008, 12:21:48 PM
"Wouldn't inquiring minds just love to know the answer to that one.." She laughed, shaking her head.

"You are not the first to ask me that, believe me. My answer is usually some vague response about being afraid of dying, but now? Actually going through this experience, whether I want to or not.. I think I've come upon the answer.. but it's rather psychological and I'm not certain you'd grasp it right now.." She canted her head trying to make sense of the channels, it was not good.

Too blurry.

Arabella slumped back against the couch, hands flopping at her sides. She was not a body acustomed to slumping however, and it looked rather unnatural on her..

"It's stupid anyways.."

Paddy O'Sullivan
Feb 15th, 2008, 12:45:29 PM
"Probably," he grunted, wishing he hadn't asked in the first place.

His channel surfing paused while he watched a hectic shoot-out scene from a mob movie. The flashes of gunfire lit up the room. He tired of it and changed channel. The bottle was down to the last dregs. He turned to offer it to Arabella but she hardly looked fit to stand. He downed the last of it.

"Not bad," he said, and stood. "Round Two."

He stepped over the low coffee table and just as he was about to head off to the kitchen, he noticed Arabella's eyes were closed. He gently kicked her.

"Oi! Yeh want suttin'?"

Arabella Balfour
Feb 15th, 2008, 01:08:27 PM
"No.. thank you, Fiona... just a little nap.. I swear..."

She really wasn't even sure who she was talking to. Arabella slid sideways, flopping over and curling into a ball, but her arm slid out from under her. Her skin had been pale, only a hint of color anyways but at least healthy looking. Now where her arm lay over the side of the cushion, it revealed she had a grey palor stealing over her. The wine had made her comfortable and warm and she was succumbing to a dark heavy desire to just let go..

Paddy O'Sullivan
Feb 15th, 2008, 01:38:28 PM
He stood silently over her for a moment, staring at her pale face. Her breathing was shallow. Her entire body was limp.

"Christ."

He pulled off his jacket, cast it aside, and rolled up his jumper sleeve. He sat on the arm of the chair. His right arm wrapped around her and he tilted her head back, then with a pinch of the cheeks her mouth opened. He pressed his exposed left wrist to his lips, closed his eyes, and bit. It felt perverse.

The wound dripped steadily, staining her dry lips crimson, and as he lowered his arm further, he clenched his fist. The blood flowed freely.

Arabella Balfour
Feb 16th, 2008, 12:40:31 PM
Someone was trying to wake her up, but it was too early and she was too tired. She felt buried beneath layers and layers of down coverlets atop a thick down-pile mattress. Surely, she must been up dancing too late again, because every inch of her hurt and protested at being woken up. She snuggled deeper against her bed and shook her head, mumbling a protest of her own..

Whoever her provoker was, they didn't take the hint, because her head was yanked out of her snuggly den and tipped back. Now they were forcing some kind of black coffee down her throat! It was too strong! Her spoiled senses screamed for cream and in this brews case, she might have opted for the sugar as well.. but as soon as she got over the desire to complain, the coffee started working. She felt it's tingle all the way down to her toes..

She opened her eyes slowly and everything changed.

It wasn't coffee making her wake up, it was Paddy and he had just saved her life.. but that was where coherrent thought flew out the balcony doors. Her hands flew up to grab his arm, her eyes fluttered closed again not in a daze this time, but in satisfied abandon. Her starved body felt like a sheet of parchment, soaking up ink, colorizing itself. The source hardly mattered to her, it paled in comparison to the ravenous need to feel vital again..

Paddy O'Sullivan
Feb 16th, 2008, 01:08:24 PM
His jaw clenched and he looked away. It was the first time someone had fed on him, his fear vanished quickly, and his mouth opened. Arabella sucked hungrily at his skin. He closed his eyes and relished the sensation. His body ached with pleasure and at once, he understood why it was called The Kiss. It was more than just feeding. His eyes crept sideways to spy Arabella ravenous at his bleeding wrist. His smile faded suddenly.

"Arabella," he groaned.

He was overcome by a rush of dizziness. His eyes rolled and his extremities felt icy. He winced at the sharp pain in his pulsating wound and pulled away. Her grip was firm and he stuggled to be free of her glistening lips. Finally, he yanked his arm away, spattering the wall with blood, then ran his tongue over his wrist. His eyes closed and he listened to her panting. The creeping cold subsided.

"Dat's ne'er 'appened to me before..."

Arabella Balfour
Feb 16th, 2008, 01:29:52 PM
Arabella waited until her breathing was slightly less eratic before she attempted to speak.. "Well.. That's me. Arabella Balfour, seducer of innocent vampires.. make them do all sorts of things.. moment's notice and all..." Not a shred of gratitude in sight, she just lay there, looking like the kitten in the milk puddle..

She ran her tongue hungrily across her white teeth, then opened her eyes, looking more alive than she had all evening. She rocked upward onto her knees suddenly and leaned over pressing a loud kiss to Paddy's cheek.

"I feel better!", she announced and was off the couch, skipping like a wood nymph into the kitchen and retrieving another bottle from the row that Paddy had presorted.

"You said round two, right...?"

Paddy O'Sullivan
Feb 16th, 2008, 02:32:36 PM
Wordless, he watched her happily pad about her home with renewed vigor. She behaved differently, it was immediately noticeable. He crossed the room and took his seat back on the couch. While rolling his sleeve back, he watched her, she uncorked the bottle with ease. Now that she had her strength back, he wondered if this was the real Arabella and if the other was a stuffy imposter who surfaced when she was sick. He felt relaxed again.

"I tought yeh 'ad enough."

She swigged from the bottle and sighed.

"Obviously not. Share de wealt, will yeh?."

Arabella Balfour
Feb 17th, 2008, 11:06:22 AM
"Yeah..yeah.." She handed over the bottle, the hopped up beside him. Hopping again, not a practiced movement for her. When she finally quit wiggling, she had gotten cozy with her knees tucked up to her chin, hip to hip with Paddy. She was a bit, drawn into a void where the t.v. was concerned. It was holding her attention, but not out any appreciation for what she was viewing. It was more of a morbid facination for the visual noise.

"God.. It's awful, isn't it?" She tilted her head to the side, resting on his shoulder and stealing back the bottle.

Paddy O'Sullivan
Feb 17th, 2008, 12:11:39 PM
"It's nae bad, like."

He tossed her the remote and stood up.

"'ere, yeh 'ave de power now. Time teh get comfy."

While Arabella changed channels, Paddy changed too, out of his pants. He whipped the belt from his jeans and threw it aside. In an instant, his jeans were around his ankles, exposing a pair of official Glentoran F.C. boxers. They were white, striped red and green, and had the team logo all over. Next to go was his jumper, beneath which he wore a green Glentoran football shirt. He settled down into the couch and pulled off his sweaty socks.

"Dat's bedder. Oi, don't get too friendly wit dat!"

He reached out to wrestle the wine bottle from Arabella's grip.

Arabella Balfour
Feb 17th, 2008, 12:43:04 PM
She was still trying to figure out the remote when Paddy returned. Were all those buttons really necessary? If there were any sort of problems with a complete stranger, one who had just quite intimately saved her life, disrobing in front of her and accosting her over a wine bottle, she didn't say.

Arabella seemed more relieved at the return of her pillow, and handed the remote and bottle over without much struggle.. Maybe just a wee struggle, it was rather amusing..

"Fine! You find something.." She absently noted the growing layers of clutter from Paddy, she didn't care much about them right now, but she would eventually. She huffed a bit and squirmed herself cozy again..

Paddy O'Sullivan
Feb 17th, 2008, 10:47:08 PM
"Watch de master."

He hoisted himself upright and took aim with the remote; sat cross-legged in his football shorts, he resembled a scoolboy testing out his new spudgun. He fired away, allowing channels to flash by, and paused only to drink.

Arabella shifted on the couch once more, and he felt her thigh touch his leg; he glanced down, her skin was smooth and warm whereas his was hairy and cold. She pulled away and he didn't blame her. He paused at an action film and gave her a curious look.

"Yeh like car chases?"

Fiona Devlin
Feb 18th, 2008, 10:00:34 AM
:: Fiona just finished making a plate of dinner, a little something extra special just for Bella. She knocked on the door as a courtesy. This was Bella's home now, and her privacy was respected ::

Arabella Balfour
Feb 19th, 2008, 08:18:42 AM
"Car chase.. sounds exciting." She wondered what Paddy would have thought of her in action the other night, after the airport. That qualified as a car chase, and far more. It had ended with her and Fiona half naked and soaked on the ride home. She grinned, missing 'Fi all of the sudden.

Wouldn't 'Fi be so happy to see her feeling better!

There was a knock at the door! Arabella actually squealed, scambling off the couch and running for the door. 'Coming!" she bellowed. She skidded to a halt right before opening the door, quickly checking her appearance in the mirror before commiting to be seen, in this case.. it was just 'Fi, she could afford to look a little mussed..

Mussed being the very delicate way of phrasing 'like hell'. Although she felt better, she was still not her usual self, but not too bad considering that she had just almost become a ghost. She swung open the door and would have jump-hugged Fiona, but halted, short of knocking her cooking onto the floor. So she just sort of..hopped..

"Fiona!" She grinned, pulling her into the door.

Paddy O'Sullivan
Feb 19th, 2008, 03:50:07 PM
While Arabella squealled and greeted her friend, Paddy scowled and spread himself across the length of the couch. He rested his head and feet on the arms at each end. The film was a welcome distraction; meeting a new person in one day was more than enough for him, two strangers was unthinkable.

Fiona Devlin
Feb 19th, 2008, 04:46:18 PM
:: Fiona looked frightened by the sudden transformation. Then she blinked at Paddy as she spoke ::

"I brought you your favorite dish and who is this???"

Arabella Balfour
Feb 19th, 2008, 09:25:06 PM
Tucking Fiona's arm into her own, Arabella strolled toward the kitchen while chatting away. "Well.. funny thing about my cereal this morning..."

Fiona did not look amused.. "Alright, fine.. I'm not really sure if I found him or if he found me..but this is Paddy."

"Paddy!" She thwapped the edge of the couch as they walked by.. "Say Hi to Fiona, owner of the little clock you so admired and my umm.. slightly older sister, so to speak.. Much older.." She pinched Fiona's hip, laughing..

Paddy O'Sullivan
Feb 19th, 2008, 09:32:20 PM
He had been disrupted mid-swig and a trickle of red wine escaped the corner of his mouth and mingled with his beard. His arms folded protectively over the bottle.

"Arright, Fiona!"

His eyes still focused on the television, he raised his hand and gave them the thumbs up - an uncharacteristically friendly gesture on his part. The alcohol was taking effect.

Fiona Devlin
Feb 20th, 2008, 08:51:39 AM
:: The pinch elicited a yip from Fiona, and her eyes were owl-like as she gazed at Bella. She mouthed the words, her voice barely a whisper, to keep herself from shouting ::

"What is going on with you???"

Arabella Balfour
Feb 20th, 2008, 10:10:54 AM
'Bella flinched. Oh no! Fiona was upset! Her hands went up to cover her mouth, completely horrified at her own behavior but also completely incapable of stopping it. It was something like watching a train wreck, in high speed.

Coffee..right.

'Bella groaned and kept moving. What she needed, was to eat and get over this quick. It would wear off in time, like an unwanted buzz. She was so busted.. She had to tell Fiona something, and Paddy was being so intolerably unhelpful!

She stopped and grabbed Fiona's arms to illustrate how serious she was.

"I was.. not doing so good. Paddy was kind enough to bring.. me around." She forced the statement, nearly shouting in Fiona's face to keep the words together.. She was trying so hard to make sense..but she was yelling! Arabella covered her mouth again and sulked into the kitchen, sliding a drawer open and claiming a fork with more clatter than was called for..

Paddy O'Sullivan
Feb 20th, 2008, 12:19:30 PM
"Keep it down, will yeh? It's gettin' to de good bit!"

Fiona Devlin
Feb 20th, 2008, 12:30:57 PM
:: Fiona's jaw dropped at Arabella in disbelief, and then her eyes narrowed as Paddy barked at them. She stormed into the living room and took him by the throat with both hands. A stream of profanity filled the air as she thrashed him like a rag doll, bouncing his head off the back of the couch repeatedly ::

" :verymad !!!!!!!!! "

Arabella Balfour
Feb 20th, 2008, 12:48:23 PM
A dull repetitive thud gave her a furrow of annoyance, she turned irritably toward the sound and focused in on Fiona's sudden outburst distractedly. When she realized that Paddy was getting the stuffing whacked out of him, she snapped to attention, too horrified to move for a second.. then..

"Oh..mon..dieu!" She ran for the scene, catching a flying elbow from Fiona to the side of the head in the process, but managed to pin her arms to her sides, hoping Paddy had the sense to scramble out of range..

"No, Fiona.. it's not.. that.. bad." It was rather horrible. The whole thing..

Paddy O'Sullivan
Feb 20th, 2008, 01:00:05 PM
His lunatic assailant was fortunate Arabella had intervened; Paddy was ready to throw her through a wall. Her grip around his neck was firm, he was fortunate he didn't need to breath, and the bashing of his head against the arm of the chair was an annoyance but the real insult was that she had blocked his view of the television. He scrambled to his feet, never once averting his furious eyes from the strange violent woman.

"What de 'ell do yeh tink yer doin', yeh crazy bitch!"

Fiona Devlin
Feb 20th, 2008, 01:08:14 PM
" :verymad :verymad :verymad !!! "

:: Fiona lurched forward, Bella still hanging on for dear life as she planted a soccer kick right between his legs ::

Arabella Balfour
Feb 20th, 2008, 01:19:53 PM
The moment Fiona had pulled back to kick, Arabella had shifted her weight pulling them both backward with all her strength. "Fiona.. no! Stop, he just saved me.."

Her heart was pounding, her blood slamming through her veins, eagerly soaking up the sip she'd had from Paddy. She wasn't as strong as she could be, but it was far better than she had been in weeks. Exerting herself like this, it would only hasten the need for more. The stress was burning off the lingering effects, and she was becoming slightly more herself..

"Please.. just stop.." She pleaded..

Paddy O'Sullivan
Feb 20th, 2008, 01:34:10 PM
When Fiona lashed out, alarm bells rang out and Paddy did everything he could to save The Boys. His hands dropped to block the attack and simultaneously, he hopped backwards to gain distance. It looked odd and disoriented him. He tripped over his discarded trainers and crashed to the floor in a heap. He simply stared up at the women in disbelief.

Fiona Devlin
Feb 22nd, 2008, 08:18:44 AM
:: Fiona ceased her tantrum, relaxing in Bella's grip as she glowered at Paddy with a hateful sulk. Before anything else could be said, there was a knock, and everyone's attention dolly-zoomed to the door ::

Arabella Balfour
Feb 22nd, 2008, 08:31:21 AM
Arabella could only hope that this horrid scene would end favorably. She peeked around Fiona's arm to find Paddy planted on the floor, gazing up in total bafflement. She could hardly blame him. The abandoned action movie was still drawing ever closer to it's dramatic conclusion. She took that as a bad sign that her own drama was not yet complete.

Then the knock. Everyone froze, then looked in the direction of the door. At this point, they should just all be prepared for anything. Nothing was making any sense.

She let go of Fiona, hoping that it was just Michele, and that they could talk tomorrow. She straightened her dress a bit, and took a deep breath..

Paddy O'Sullivan
Feb 22nd, 2008, 08:34:52 AM
"Anudder one o' yeh charmin' mates?"

He climbed out of the pile of clothes he'd fallen on, and skulked past Fiona to retrieve the wine bottle.

Fiona Devlin
Feb 25th, 2008, 12:23:41 PM
:: Fiona hopped over to the door, giving Paddy a dirty look as opened it. It was not Michele ::

Martin Le Roux
Feb 25th, 2008, 07:51:13 PM
"Bonjour Fiona." Martin said. He looked at her expectantly. She had told him there was a surprise and to come over.

Arabella Balfour
Feb 25th, 2008, 11:48:27 PM
Arabella froze in place, exactly as she was.

Her first instinct, which she shamelessly gave in to, was to close her eyes. Her teeth nibbled at her bottom lip, a dreamy expression settling over her. She wasn't entirely sure how long she stood there, just basking, but she could only hope that she was only imaging the purring and not actually doing so..

Slowly she dragged her eyes open and forced herself to face the situation with some kind of grace. The first thing her gaze settled on was Paddy, already back at the bottle and watching the end of the movie, clearly oblivious to her peril. Her eyes slid to the floor, where the majority of his clothes, her coat, shoes and purse were strewn in a path from the couch toward the door.

It did not look good, not at all.

Her brown eyes lifted with growing distress to Fiona. "Oh my god..." she squeaked..

Paddy O'Sullivan
Feb 26th, 2008, 12:07:07 AM
He heard the accent, kept his eyes on the television, and muttered:

"Anudder friggin' frog..."

Fiona Devlin
Feb 26th, 2008, 02:56:16 PM
:: Fiona stormed over to the television and turned the movie off ::

"GET OUT!!!"

Martin Le Roux
Feb 26th, 2008, 07:26:35 PM
Martin scowled at being called a frog. Bella was out of his line of sight, but he did see the oaf on the couch.

"Who are you?"

Arabella Balfour
Feb 26th, 2008, 09:21:01 PM
It was awful. Like standing on ice, watching it splinter in all directions. She didn't move.

She didn't dare..

Absently she thought she should warn Paddy when enough was enough. He should have cooled it at vexing Fiona. Oh no, it was not to be though. Arabella was still in far too much shock, among other things. It was like slow motion, her slow gaze of distress moved from Paddy without comment, to Fiona as she shut off the movie.

Fiona scowled.

Paddy drank. He was still completely unaware of the catastrophe of cosmic proportions that was happening right next to him.

Arabella somehow managed to keep it together. She quickly rallied some dignity, standing up straighter, liftting her chin a notch, trying to feel taller than she was. On her, what was normally natural grace was now completely contradictory to her messy long hair, torn dress and otherwise bedraggled state. In short, she was about as regal as a fairy queen who had just crash landed into a leaf pile.

Well.. she couldn't just stand there like a marble goddess all night, could she?

"Bon soir, Martin..", she managed.

The simple phrase conjuring to mind memories completely inappropriate to the situation at hand. Enough so that her gaze dropped to the floor almost immediately. She was far too easy to read in her present state of mind.

Paddy O'Sullivan
Feb 26th, 2008, 09:38:51 PM
While Fiona's eyes burned holes in him, he accepted that he wasn't going to see the end of the movie and sat upright to get a look at the Frenchman. There was a flicker of uncertainty in his face when he saw Martin. He swigged from the bottle to wet his lips.

"Alright, mate, I'm Paddy. Yeh might say a friend o' Bella's, actually. We 'ave... an arrangement."

His eyes fell on Fiona again, who looked ready to pounce.

"So yeh might as well save it, love. I'm not goin' anywhere."

Fiona Devlin
Mar 1st, 2008, 12:43:57 PM
"OH YES YOU ARE!!!" :verymad

:: She walked briskly past Martin and out into the hall. She could still be heard swearing at the top of her lungs next door ::

Martin Le Roux
Mar 1st, 2008, 12:54:27 PM
"Bella!" Martin said, his voice full of mixed emotion. He was genuinely surprised and pleased to see her, but the situation seemed complicated at best.

"Arrangement?" He asked, concerned.

Arabella Balfour
Mar 1st, 2008, 01:23:26 PM
Still looking down at the floor, 'Bella nodded. "I'm afraid so. For now he stays, but it is not what it seems."

She understood that Paddy had put everyone's nerves on high alert, and the situation was set up for the worst possible conclusions to be drawn. Fiona was getting Michele. Fabulous. Why not have the whole gang together for the reprehensible scene. Everyone should have a gander.

Temper snapping, Arabella finally raised her head, and beamed a look full of promise Martin's way. "Pardon, s'il vous plaît."

She moved past him to a small closet and removed a cardboard tube, watching the hall. "Fiona is disinclined to heed reason. There is an explanation for everything.."

Paddy O'Sullivan
Mar 2nd, 2008, 11:28:44 AM
"Jesus!" he uttered following Fiona's dramatic exit.

He stared at the door, shaking his head. When he looked up, he saw Arabella wielding a tube like a katana. His eyes went wide with disbelief and he turned to Martin.

"Is der suttin' in de water or suttin'?"

Martin Le Roux
Mar 4th, 2008, 09:24:48 PM
Martin slipped outside, two steps ahead of Bella. With the door closed behind her, the Vampire placed a hand on Bella's cardboard weapon.

"Bella." He said. "What on this earth is happening?" Martin asked evenly, but his eyes were pleading.

Arabella Balfour
Mar 4th, 2008, 10:13:56 PM
What was happening? Indeed..

There wasn't much point in trying to dress up the situation, her mind wasn't interested in processing a suitable tale. It hardly mattered, she wouldn't have lied to Martin, in any case.

"I've made a deal with him. He's just laying low, for a little while. The suddeness of the situation, and the fact that Paddy thinks 'tact' is something you secure to a wall, combined most unpleasantly with our Fiona, who just thrashed him."

Bella's grip on the tube loosened, considerably. She looked up and smiled ever so slightly. "I'm not sure how you came to be in this mess. Early birthday present for me, perhaps..?"

Martin Le Roux
Mar 4th, 2008, 10:59:53 PM
Martin's eyes narrowed, and his head tilted down a little.

"Fiona didn't tell me. I think it was to be a surprise for both of us." He said. "What do you get, aside from an uncouth roomate?"

Paddy O'Sullivan
Mar 4th, 2008, 11:01:16 PM
Finally alone, Paddy picked his discarded clothes off the floor and crossed the room into a narrow hall. Behind him he could hear Fiona bellowing away in the neighbouring apartment. He thought about barricading the front door. He had a good idea which room was Bella's and stayed away from it. Several doors down he found a guest room without a window. A heavy thud came from next door, followed by another muffled string of expletives. He shook his head and went inside, closing the door behind him.

Arabella Balfour
Mar 4th, 2008, 11:20:25 PM
She lowered the tube, suddenly feeling ridiculous and not seeing Fiona's return yet anyway.

"I let him stay, in return the deal is, he helps me.....", she grew quiet a moment, then figured what was the point in leaving out anything?

"I'm sick. He's going to try and help me. That's really all there is to it.."

The tube dropped from her hands to the floor. She leaned back against the closed door and sighed.

Martin Le Roux
Mar 4th, 2008, 11:27:45 PM
"How?" Martin asked, though he already guessed at the answer. Perhaps Bella was starting to go. She was around 200, a little younger than he was. Ghouls don't last forever.

Arabella Balfour
Mar 4th, 2008, 11:46:14 PM
'Bella shrugged one shoulder. "It's just been.. a long time. Maybe too long."

Fiona still had not emerged, maybe Michele was talking sense into her. Or maybe she was getting some more impressive weaponry than a cardboard tube. Who could say?

She heard the sound of a door close, from within the apartment behind her. Her conspirator had just deserted her. It was probably for the best, for tonight. Tomorrow maybe, she would try to smooth over that little wrinkle.

"Under less peculiar circumstances, it would have been a lovely surprise.."

Fiona Devlin
Mar 5th, 2008, 05:11:40 PM
:: Fiona shuffled through the drawers, searching for the proper implement to slay paddy with. Eventually, she sent down in frustration and held her face in her hands. Martin could deal with it now. She began to brood, and eventually fell asleep at the kitchen table ::

Martin Le Roux
Mar 5th, 2008, 09:39:37 PM
"You traded space for blood." Martin said. It wasn't a question. Martin stared at the floor and put a hand over his face.

"Bella."

Arabella Balfour
Mar 5th, 2008, 09:58:30 PM
Guilt dumped itself over her head, much like a glass of ice water.

"I.. did.. not!" She sounded slightly indignant.

Groaning, she bent to retrieve the cardboard tube. "It wasn't like that.. he said he knew someone, that knew someone, that might be able to help me."

It sounded weak, even to her, but it was the truth.

"He did just show some initiative and save my life, though. Which was not part of the deal."

Martin Le Roux
Mar 5th, 2008, 10:16:17 PM
"Paddy must have been... convincing." Surely she couldn't have been that desperate. Every sign said otherwise. It was also possible he was persausive enough that Bella wasn't left with much of a choice.

Arabella Balfour
Mar 5th, 2008, 11:00:02 PM
Arabella had been opening the door so that they could go back inside, figuring there was no further point to blockading the hall. Something in Martin's statement caused her to peek over her shoulder. "It's been a weird few hours knowing him, I'll say that for Paddy."

Stepping inside she just shook her head, scanning the room, recalling to mind everything that had happened.

She glanced at her watch. "Three hours ago, I'd never heard of him either." The fact that he was absent now, showed that he did have some sense, or at least that he was done being beaten up on for one night.