PDA

View Full Version : Names for the new group forums?

Kvettch
Feb 11th, 2008, 03:35:36 AM
Since I'm stumped for names these days.... I'm inviting ideas for names for the forums for the new group - and a name for the overall thing.

Which means we would need a name for the main forum - I was thinking something with Camp, or Station, in the name. Or maybe something with Orbit and Nar Shaddaa? That way other "organisations" could piggyback this forum, for example there could be something like a Nar Shaddaa Black Market forum, where people could trade things and buy odd stuff IC....

Then we'd need a name for the IC forum, which in effect is nothing but a sort of grimy cantina/store/fueling station/camp office.

A name for an OOC forum - do we even need one? Seems just using OOC tags in front of the thread would work...

And I would say we'd need a forum for Private group matters, probably something to do with back rooms or one of the old freighters the structure is made up of....

Any ideas?

Rylard 'Lardo' Tenf
Feb 11th, 2008, 09:40:49 AM
Just thought up these real quick.

Lucre Orbital - Parent forum.
Chandler's Landing - IC sub-forum
The Locker - OOC sub-forum

Jekaan Oludh
Feb 11th, 2008, 09:52:05 AM
Oh yeah, we now have a Wiki entry btw..... if I've forgotten anyone in the member's list or anything else, let me know.

Jekaan Oludh
Feb 11th, 2008, 09:57:14 AM
So I had a brainfart and thought of a name for the main subforum:

Camp Grenchicit. That last bit is Ewokese and translates into "Hold on!", which would be sort of fitting seeing that the place is cobbled together out of spare parts. It could be a kind of private joke between the pirates...

How about simply Space Junk in Orbit, as a main forum name? *grin*

Tri'ahna Zylary
Feb 12th, 2008, 05:33:32 AM
Okay does no one but Lardo and me have any ideas????

Lardo - why did those names come into your mind for our forums?

Rylard 'Lardo' Tenf
Feb 12th, 2008, 06:18:33 AM
Lucre Orbital - Parent forum.
Lucre is a term for money/profit often associated with shady dealings.

Chandler's Landing - IC sub-forum.
I couldn't find a word that encompassed all the IC forum had to represent save for this one. Aside from candle-making a chandler can be a provider of many things, including provisions for old time sailors.

The Locker - OOC sub-forum
Dead men tell no tales. Seeing as we're a bunch of pirates the name works well for an OOC forum, no tales will be told there.

Tri'ahna Zylary
Feb 12th, 2008, 06:20:29 AM
Ahh! Would make sense...

Let's see what everyone else has to say... if anyone is indeed going to say anything *grumbles*

Jhena Belitski
Feb 13th, 2008, 04:06:59 PM
I don't think an OOC forum is necessary. Just a main one, and a super secret ninja one.

Tarn Ardsul
Feb 13th, 2008, 04:14:09 PM
Yeah I dont think we need an OOC one honestly. We have this place. :)

praise be to Mu!:eee

Kvettch
Feb 14th, 2008, 04:00:06 AM
Yeah that's what I thought too - anyone who would need to contact us OOC can simply stick an OOC tag in front of a message....

So.... what about the names, people? Nevermind the OOC issue, it's the names that we need!

So far, the only suggestions are the following:

Main forum:
Lucre Orbital
Orbital Space Junk

IC Forum:
Chandler's Landing
Camp Grenchicit

Private forum:
The Locker

The more I think about this the more do I think we should just call the main forum Nar Shaddaa, and then have our two subforums, called whatever (since I like my suggestions :p I'd say Orbital Space Junk for the IC, and Camp Grenchicit for the Private one).

And I am beginning to like that idea I had about having a "Market Place" forum for it, too.... something that anyone can use, and we could make it a sort of "SW Store".

Sooooo?

Jhena Belitski
Feb 14th, 2008, 02:02:57 PM
I like your names best. ;) and how about the Smuggler's Moon for the main forum?

Kvettch
Feb 15th, 2008, 08:16:27 AM
Alright..... since this is taking extremely long, I just went ahead and asked our esteemed Board Admin to create our forums.

They should be up sometime soonish - Once you see the forums up please go and join the Black Bloods Pirates membership group so we can all get into the locked forum.

TheHolo.Net
Feb 15th, 2008, 12:01:46 PM
The forums and public group have been setup.

Tri'ahna Zylary
Feb 15th, 2008, 01:17:07 PM
Eggshellent!