PDA

View Full Version : My craptastic morning...week.

Vince
Feb 9th, 2008, 07:57:58 AM
So I'm taking classes, and this term two classes came up that I had taken in my disastrous first year of university. Thinking I had bombed both of them, I take one, and begin the class. However, I had ordered my book online, and as of today, it still hasn't arrived. It was ordered around the 15th of January. So, one day, my teacher tells, me that I'm not registered for this course. So I talk to the undergraduate registration people, and they said that I was signed up for the other course that I took, as the one I'm taking now I got a B in.

So I just spent nearly half a term in class I didn't need to, and that I'm on the way to getting a C or a D in. And have I mentioned that any grade I get now would supercede my original grade?

I now have the option to audit the course I bombed while dropping the course I did okay in. Well, my teacher says that I'm already very late, and he's not sure how much I can absorb in half a term.

I wanted to say, 'Listen, my student loans hinge on me being full time. I don't give a crap.' But I didn't.

When I called home to let them know about this, I heard my younger brother's about to go to prison, and that his lawyer's going to be pretty expensive. Another younger brother tested positive for marijuana, so he's getting ready to be homeschooled, while yet another is taking community college courses.

I just love to heap on trouble, and my week's not even done yet.

Alright. So I wake up at like three-thiry this morning, unable to breathe, and freaking almost crying from pain in my chest. I try to bear it, hoping that it'll go away after a mo' but nothing's happening. I can't sleep, my back hurts, my lungs feel they're being squeezed in a vice grip, and I feel like I wanna puke but nothing's happening.

I have no freaking clue what was going on. I got scared, and went downstairs, to see if they girl at the front desk is there, maybe she knows the number for the 'call clinic'. She isn't there. I freak, and dial the hospital, and they send an ambulance out. The front-desk girl walks in while I'm on the phone, and gets really nervous and all that.

The ambulance arrives, and they take me to the hospital. The guy tries to calm me down, by saying that he had the same exact thing happen to him because of one time when he drank beer.

Interesting, but I haven't had any alcohol in about a week.

So I get in the hospital and the guy and a receptionist make fun of me in French about how this came out of nowhere. Since I'm a foreign student and hardly ever get sick, they send me to get myself registered with the hospital, and the girl there tells me that this would cost me about over a thousand bucks. Yipee. Well, as luck would have it, I had forgotten my health-plan card at my room, being in pain and scared and all, so they tell me that I'm being directly billed until I can get hold of my insurance people and give them the number.

So I'm waiting in the waiting room, and wouldn't you know it, my pain lessens. I go to sleep, and when I wake up, miraculously, no freaking pain. Nothing. Who needs doctors when all I seem to need is the waiting room?

So I'm stuck at the hospital, no longer in need of being seen for the moment, and I leave after clearing this up with the receptionist. She's confused, I'm confused, I confused the people waiting behind me, and this was an all around mess. So I leave, and I realize it's about 10 degrees Fahrenheit outside, and all I got on are a pair of jeans, and a long sleeved shirt. And the bus doesn't come until 9.00 .

Thankfully another bus comes, and heedless of where it's actually headed, I get on. Well, after warming up on the bus, I realise that I'm nowhere near where I need to be; so I wait at the bus-stop for a bus that'll take me home, losing all the warmth I'd gained.

A bus comes, and I get on it. By now I'm so far from home it takes about half-an-hour to forty-five minutes to get to where I recognize the streets. By the time I get to a bus-stop by the dorms, it's 8.00 in the morning. So I get out, and trudge through the snow to my room where I immediately pick up a cigarette.

That brings me to the present, typing away at my keyboard, while wondering why the hell I even try.

Khendon Sevon
Feb 9th, 2008, 09:35:32 AM
At least you're not deathly ill :)

Just keep on marching on, sir, and it'll get better. As long as you have your health, there's always some way to improve everything else.

Aretsuya
Feb 10th, 2008, 01:44:02 AM
You should probably get checked out in the hospital regardless of what it costs. You might have a serious problem with your heart, who knows. Let's hope everything goes back into order in the end, seeing everything seems pretty rough now. Do you work?

Vince
Feb 10th, 2008, 02:34:03 AM
Apparently, the whole deal with the pain was that my liver was acting up or something because of something I ate, or the fact that I used a badly-cleaned bowl (I think it wasn't properly rinsed or something). Kinda like food poisoning, only not as bad, as I just had a lot of pain, but I didn't puke all over the place. |I I had a check-up at the local university clinic.

And I do work during the summers, but not while in school. I can't work off-campus, and the work-study program is full up almost three months in advance.

Darth Binky
Feb 10th, 2008, 11:21:35 AM
You should write a book, and then it would be worth it.

Cameo Stenislav
Feb 10th, 2008, 12:06:05 PM
Wow, what a day you had, bro. I'm sorry to hear it was so bad....just hang in there, everything eventually pans out if you just keep at it. :)

Hartus Kenobi
Feb 10th, 2008, 10:29:35 PM
hey, you have a good story to tell for the rest of time. :)