PDA

View Full Version : Signs and Portents - To Save a Soul (Adia and Daria)

Lianna Mal Pannis
Feb 7th, 2008, 11:16:22 AM
The room was unfamiliar, yet not at the same time. She had never set foot in this room but could feel her fingerprints scattered amongst the area lovingly. This place was held in such high regard that her heart heaved with pride and power.

The ebony floor parallel the room in its reflection. Her footfalls fell heavy against the surface and now her attention was aimed at the large desk in front of her. But she didn't want to look at that but at the amazing view behind it! The skies were crystal clear and down below was a courtyard where people were bustling about. She could have sworn she saw a crane lifting durasteel ...

But it was merely as a glimpse. It vanished quickly and now her mind was focusing on the datapads before. Food shipments, repair details, troop movements, and the names of Generals, Admirals and Moffs she had never heard of. It was all quite confusing.

Then the heavy reinforced doors to the office opened. She instantly felt the coldness of the Dark Side as this man or thing entered. He was pale as the snow on Hoth, head bald and eyes devoid of warmth that she was hard pressed to not shiver but she was too proud to show weakness. This man stalked forward and with no pretense, unclipped his lightsaber and ignited the red blade. Hate filled his eyes and she had no chance to call for security. A flash of light and she was falling ...

She hit the floor hard, retching violently, choking on her own blood. Turning to the side, she stared into her own face.

Her own face. But not her own. No ... NO!! NOOOO!!!

"MIRAAAANDAAAA!!!" Lianna jolted out of bed, exasperated. The sheets clung to her damp body and she hugged a pillow tightly against her, hoping that the shaking would subside.

It couldn't have been a dream. Everything about it felt so real. The Force had touched her while asleep and gave her a vision of things that could possibly come to pass. Because in her heart, Lianna knew that Miranda was still alive. The feeling was palpable. Her sister still lived, and the Jedi knew exactly where she needed to be. There was no thought, nor any hesitation on her part. The Jedi needed to get to Doldur as fast as she could to save her sister. The consequences that awaited were heavy but the price was never too high in service of the Force. To save Miranda Tarkin served some purpose. The Jedi was unsure as to what, but it was not a Jedi's place to question the will of the Force.

Lianna slipped into the refresher to shower and then changed into traveling clothes. She wouldn't need much and packed lightly. It was 0334 and most of the base would still be sleeping, except for some Rebellion workers keeping an eye on communications within the system. It would be quite easy to slip away.

She left her quarters and made her way to the docking bay to where her Y-Wing was berthed.

Adia Issoris
Feb 7th, 2008, 09:32:31 PM
Adia woke, thirsty. Rubbing the sleep from her eyes, she smacked her lips.

"bleh." she muttered. Normally this would not wake Adia, but her body was especially insistent. She pulled on her luxurious silk robe, feeling it prudent to display a little modesty with Wyl bouncing about. Unlikely, but it would be silly to flash the boy, she thought as she nimbly wrapped the robe shut.

She headed for the kitchen, which was on the other side of the large cave that the rooms were built in. A figure near the Y-Wing caught her eye, especially since she could hear the quiet thrum of the powerplant warming. She squinted, and began to walk closer, her feet quiet against the cold stone.

"Lianna?" She asked quietly.

Lianna Mal Pannis
Feb 8th, 2008, 06:02:26 PM
Lianna was finishing up the last bit of storage as the systems were and engines were powering up. She was just stuffing her pack inside the compartment space when she felt a shift in the Force. The presence, the Jedi already knew before she spoke.

The Jedi sighed and sealed the storage unit, her back still facing away from Adia. "Yes."

Her voice was crisp and pure, hiding how disappointed Lianna was that she could not leave before being spotted. This was her fight, her family that needed protecting. Something that the Alliance and some Jedi might find absurd considering who it was.

Adia Issoris
Feb 9th, 2008, 01:39:00 PM
Adia knew that tone. She was maintaining face by keeping control.

"Why?" It must have been of great import for her to sneak off in the night. Adia could smell the drive on Lianna's skin.

Lianna Mal Pannis
Feb 9th, 2008, 02:16:56 PM
The compartment suctioned closed with a hiss, making sure that it was sealed shut for space flight and Lianna rested her hands on either side with a heavy sigh. The weight of what must be done was weighing heavily on her conscience.

"Because it's the will of the Force." A small part of her wondered if she interpreted the dream wrong, but no. The Force was life made manifested. It would never allow death unless all other possibilities had been exhausted.

Adia Issoris
Feb 9th, 2008, 03:28:29 PM
She stared at the Y-Wing as Lianna continued to do pre-flight checks.
"What happened?" Adia asked, concerned. Even after a year, she was still unused to the extra range of emotion she felt since the Emperor had died. A large part of Adia wanted to mother Lianna, but she shook it off as best she could. She rubbed her face, still feeling sleepy. As controlled as Lianna was, she could tell that she was on adrenaline.

Lianna Mal Pannis
Feb 9th, 2008, 03:42:06 PM
She flipped a switch and then stared off ahead, lost in her own thoughts - The image of Miranda's death so tangible that her chest twitched in pain. She could still taste the blood in the back of her throat.

"I had a vision. A powerful vision." She replied darkly. "I have to leave so it doesn't come to pass."

Adia Issoris
Feb 9th, 2008, 03:57:46 PM
Adia frowned. She had seen powerful visions before, including running Morgan through. That was something she so dimly understood that she had never done anything about it. That was inevitable.

Lianna knew this is something she could affect.

"Can I help?"

Lianna Mal Pannis
Feb 9th, 2008, 04:08:24 PM
"It depends," she replied coldly. Lianna could have left it at that, continue to be evasive but this was Adia. The two of them had no secrets between them and been through hell together. The Jedi trusted her completely. "It depends if you want to help me save my sister."

Daria Nytherciria
Feb 9th, 2008, 08:15:41 PM
“Save your sister?”

Daria's blind eyes were focused hard on Lianna, a look of confusion and concern marking her features. Like Adia, she wore only a nightshirt; the cold of the cavern floor against her feet made her tremble faintly. That she was awake could only be accredited to the burgeoning connection that the two Jedi Knights shared. She had felt Lianna's pain even in dreaming. It had pulled her out of sleep so suddenly that she knew, immediately, something was wrong.

“What's happening? Where are you going?”

Lianna Mal Pannis
Feb 10th, 2008, 02:06:02 PM
And now Daria knew? But how, the Jedi wondered. They had become closer over the last week or so, finding common ground in their view of the Force and shared similar experiences being on the run. Lianna had found a friend here, amongst distrust and unspoken animosity.

The Jedi didn't have time to wonder. Time was slipping away. She wouldn't lie and focused on the last of her pre-flight checks. "Miranda's in danger. A powerful Dark Sider is going to murder her on Doldur. I have to stop it."

Adia Issoris
Feb 10th, 2008, 03:05:19 PM
Miranda dying would be a massive blow to the Empire. They had no one that could motivate the masses like she could. And yet, if Lianna could get her to soften against the Rebellion, perhaps even end the bloodshed between the two factions, it would be tremendous. Billions could be saved.

"I'll go. You'll need my help clearing Sector Control, especially if Miranda is there."

Daria Nytherciria
Feb 10th, 2008, 07:48:15 PM
“I'm coming too.”

Daria had spoken before she even realized it. She felt as if something had seized control of her, thrust her forwards as she began to walk nearer to the ship. It was the Force, no doubt – and perhaps a little of her own concern at the thought of losing a friend so newly made.

Lianna Mal Pannis
Feb 11th, 2008, 07:34:52 PM
Under Adia's tutelage, Lianna had a good idea of how to enter Doldur. She knew a good slicer that could update the fake ID card that was previously given to her when they had infiltrated Imperial Center. The Jedi was going to go in on the pretense of being a double again, but having Adia there was a resource she couldn't say no to. Plus, with the wind festival on Vortex coming soon, it would get her off the planet.

But Daria! Why? It made little sense rationally, but she couldn't help but feel elated that the Jedi wanted to come with. "I'm not sure that's a good idea. This mission is highly dangerous. And there's only enough room for two in my Y-Wing. "

She felt like she was making excuses. Lianna didn't want Daria to get hurt.

Daria Nytherciria
Feb 11th, 2008, 08:05:20 PM
“We came together here for a reason, Lianna... to help one another, to ensure that the legacy of the Jedi does not become a thing of myth and legend.”

It was all spilling out of her, still. Daria felt her heart pounding in her chest as she spoke. She felt impetuous and foolish and skittish, yet an undeniable sense of purpose spread throughout her being, prickling in her fingertips

“I cannot, in good conscience, allow you to leave here without all the help you have available to you- I'll follow in my own ship if I have to.”

Adia Issoris
Feb 12th, 2008, 09:26:48 PM
Adia frowned.

"I'm not sure that's wise. Everything would fall to Serena. Neither of us have any Padawans. Regardless," Adia said with a shrug, "I need to change." She walked away from the two Jedi quickly. She kept a case packed, ready to go at the smallest moment's notice.

Adia stripped, pulling out set of dark gray urban camouflage clothing: a pair of thin dark pants, a thin, long sleeved shirt with a hood, a balaclava, and her jacket. The low friction, nearly silent material clung to her body, minimizing the possible noise. She slipped on four different belts and holsters, each already loaded with a pair of blasters and vibroblades, reloads, and the lightsaber, which she strapped to her thigh. Soft-soled, but durable boots went on last. They were quieter than sock covered feet, and with Adia's smooth gait, nearly silent.

Two cases in hand, Adia returned to the Y-Wing.

Lianna Mal Pannis
Feb 13th, 2008, 04:30:06 PM
Lianna watched Adia walk off and returned her attentions on Daria. It felt disheartening to continue to try and talk her friend out of coming. "I know what you say is true. But all of us going into the heart of Imperial territory worries me. If we are caught, we'll be tortured and more then likely killed."

She had prepared herself for this possible inevitability, but Daria's death would be a blight upon her conscience. So would Adia's, but the former Hand was well trained and knew the Imperial system impeccably. Adia's chances of survival was greater. "And even if we succeed ..." Her eyes drifted to Adia who had newly returned, "I have no idea what sort of welcome I'll receive from my Sister. She has no idea I exist."

Daria Nytherciria
Feb 19th, 2008, 06:49:36 PM
There wasn't any time to waste. Daria turned, to make the walk back to her quarters. She could still hear her heart thudding in her ears, but over the top of the rhythm she could hear her own voice, repeating itself: the Will of the Force, the Will of the Force... It calmed her and steadied her hands as she dressed, clipping the hilt of her saber to her belt. When she returned to the hangar, Adia and Lianna were boarding the ship. The Y-Wing was a small vessel, not intended for quite so many passengers. It would be a tight squeeze.

Adia Issoris
Feb 24th, 2008, 10:37:29 PM
"We can worry about the welcome later." Adia said, sliding her suit cases into the emptied bomb bays and securing them with a pair of straps. The seating arrangements were easy to pick. The bomber's station had more space than the pilot's, and Adia's legs took up most of the available space. Daria and Lianna would have to sort it out between themselves.

She had left a note on the desk, as to where to regroup in a few weeks. There was no sense in mulling through other channels and increasing risk of getting caught.

Adia slipped into the pilot's station, finishing the pre-flight checks. The Y-Wing was ready.

Lianna Mal Pannis
Feb 25th, 2008, 08:40:08 PM
Lianna looked at the Y-Wing and then at her fellow Knight with uncertainty. It was going to be quite the tight fit and uncomfortable for most of the flight. Daria was just a smidgen slimmer then herself and they would probably have very little wiggle room to shift positions even slightly. If they were lucky, there would be one or two safe spots that they could go out and stretch their legs.

She cleared her throat, "I'm a bit taller then you. I'll go up first," and climbed up the ladder to settle in. Often in her past, Lianna had stowed away and paid for very cheap seating arrangements on ships, which were nothing more then a crate big enough for her fram, during her days of exile. Comfort wasn't an issue. She could slip into a hibernation trance that would relax her body and mind. It was the prospect of being so close to someone during the trip that made her feel awkward. She couldn't explain it better then that and Lianna wasn't one to be vain about anything.

Daria Nytherciria
Feb 25th, 2008, 09:04:55 PM
Daria followed up the ladder and watched as Lianna edged into the ship. Though she had known that the fighter was ill-equipped for so many passengers, she had underestimated just how small the bombers station was. With careful steps Daria slipped into what little space was left and slowly sat down, drawing her knees up close. There was barely an inch between them. Her back was pressed firmly against Lianna; she could feel the rise and fall of her chest. One hand brushed against some limb that was not her own and Daria murmured an apology.

Adia Issoris
Feb 25th, 2008, 09:41:00 PM
Adia said nothing, only lowering the canopy. He knew Lianna was tough, and could handle being sat on for several hours. She'd let Adia run the Y-Wing. For something of it's compact size, it handled in a rather boatish fashion.

It had a decent climb rate, and they broke atmosphere quickly. Lianna had already programmed the hyper-drive.

It would be hours before they were close.

Lianna Mal Pannis
Feb 25th, 2008, 10:06:23 PM
Lianna smiled and poked her head over Daria's shoulder. A silly gesture since the Knight was blind, but there was no reason to act differently around her. "You don't need to apologize, otherwise you'll be doing it for the entire trip."

She thought levity would be a good way to break the ice considering the situation. Daria was sitting between her legs, mostly, to offer some room for the other Jedi Knight, which was minuscule at best. Lianna found it difficult to find a comfortable place for her arms so she wasn't 'hugging' the red head. Eventually the awkward movements of her arms stopped and she placed them on either side of her legs. Then she focused her mind and dove inward, concentrating on falling into a trance for the first leg of their journey.

Her breathing began to slow, her body relaxing as her head fell back against the seat. She could feel the hum of the hyper-drive kicking in before falling a little further away from her conscious self ... But the sweet floral scent of the silken hair that tickled her nose was making that process more difficult to achieve.

Daria Nytherciria
Feb 26th, 2008, 12:58:01 PM
Daria was not a fan of technology, spaceflight in particular, at the best of times. She couldn't sense mechanical objects the way that she could organic and that made her nervous, being suspended in space in what amounted to little more than a hunk of metal and wires. Still, there was something comforting in being close to Lianna. It reassured her that she was not alone, kept her connected to the living world.

Adia Issoris
Feb 26th, 2008, 08:01:38 PM
Adia took a glance over her shoulder. Daria looked uncomfortable at spaceflight, and she couldn't really see Lianna underneath.

"You two should get some rest. We're going to be in here for several more hours."

Lianna Mal Pannis
Feb 26th, 2008, 08:26:43 PM
Something she was trying to do but kept her difficulties at doing so to herself.

"A good idea," she muttered and fell into a more stricter meditation, focusing on the hum of the hyper-drive to lull her into peace, which failed. Her mind was still concentrating on the present, still racing in concern and fear for Miranda. Adia said to wait and see how it played out, but it was hard to not dwell on it.

She tried a new approach, focusing on the object of her distractions from earlier and felt Daria's nervousness. The Knight placed a hand over her friends and squeezed it. "Get some rest. Adia is an excellent pilot."

Daria Nytherciria
Feb 26th, 2008, 08:48:32 PM
“Rest,” Daria repeated and inhaled deeply. She felt her heart racing. Was it her own heart? The pulse seemed to throb right through her, through Lianna even. She felt her touch - the irrational thrill of it - and quickly tried to suppress all feeling of anxiety and confusion, knowing how receptive Lianna's mind must have been to her own in that moment.

You're a Jedi Knight. You're better than this.

The Force. It was in the Force that she would find solitude. She tried to draw upon meditation techniques, seeking separation from the world of the physical. She could slip into a trance-like state if she could focus long enough on the sound of her own breathing, instead of the breath on the back of her neck.