PDA

View Full Version : Ladies and Gentlemen, do you approve?

Kvettch
Feb 7th, 2008, 09:11:31 AM
I've been advised I need to seek approval by the other leaders of the groups already in the "Hive" to start yet another group located within this set.

It's not going to be a big group with lots of forums - probably just an IC Forum and OOC forum and a Private one for members. I can't really think of any others we would need....

It would be located in orbit around Nar Shaddaa, and based on one of the old city structures that broke free of the planet. I'm inviting ideas on how it would be scientifically possible for a piece of architecture to constantly stay within orbit of a planet - as well as how it would have been possible to make it habitable. It would have been turned into a kind of small recreational orbital spacestation, before some of it had simply fallen to such a state of disrepair that parts had fallen off leaving only a very basic facility that the Black Bloods took over and "enhanced" by stringing up chains of old spacecraft as well as docking their own private craft to it to make up for housing.
It would be a sort of "camping site" for all sorts of riff-raff, who are free to dock (well okay, so they are charged a fee for it) and use the "port"s facilities (very basic shopping, small cantina for food and drink). All this will be overseen by a Hutt (Blarga) who is responsible for running it and gathering info on possible targets for the group. (this would make up the IC Forum area)

It's certainly not supposed to rival the Cloud City facilities.

So what do you say? Does this get Cloud City & Black Sun approval?

Oh, if anyone can think of a name for the forum, I'm grateful for any suggestions.... we can't just call it after the group's name....

Jhena Belitski
Feb 7th, 2008, 12:29:33 PM
It has Black Nebula approval. ;)

Mu Satach
Feb 7th, 2008, 01:30:47 PM
more pirates = a good thing

*stamps Kvettch's forehead with a red APPROVED*

It's certainly not supposed to rival the Cloud City facilities.

As Cloud City has been set up as more of a crossroads and meeting place for all, I think it makes sense that there would be a Pirate Bay/Waystation of sorts floating around out there. Plus the idea of raiding parties makes me giddy.

Your description of the place reminds me of one of the stations in Farscape. :)

I'm inviting ideas on how it would be scientifically possible for a piece of architecture to constantly stay within orbit of a planet
Since the station is cobbled together out of old ships, one can assume there are a series of engines around it that can be used occasionally boost or correct the orbit. So, most likely somewhere in the complex would be a master control with a central computer and droids constantly monitoring and adjusting the orbit. And since the engines wouldn't be precisely configured or spaced evenly apart a very kooky tilt and rotation pattern could emerge.

In a weird way that could add to it's natural defense in that only really good or highly motivated pilots attempt to even dock with the thing. Inside the whole thing could randomly shift and hurl when ever one of the engines fired. Old hats and the stations inhabitants would have their sea legs, newbs would stumble about and crash into things.

Tri'ahna Zylary
Feb 7th, 2008, 01:55:11 PM
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOhhhh....

I am liking that idea! Thank you thank you thank you!

Molly Black
Feb 7th, 2008, 09:25:35 PM
Looks good ladies! :D

Cameo Stenislav
Feb 22nd, 2008, 09:07:34 AM
Reminds me of the orc ships from Warhammer 40k...or at least, what my buddy has described to me...