PDA

View Full Version : All That Glitters

Smitty
Feb 6th, 2008, 06:40:22 PM
[Continued from <a href="http://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?t=16841">here</a>]

Smitty whistled softly while he walked down the streets casually tossing and catching a small imperial credit. He'd slicked his hair back nice like and pulled out his fancy suit.

As he reached the outside of the unmarked club he double checked his package and then checked the package in his breast pocket. Stepping up to the door he rapped lightly a few times. A panel slid back and a pair of yellow slitted eyes peered at him.

"Ah... Good Evening." Smitty put on his most charming smile. "I have an appointment with Mr. O'Thange."

Denny O'Thange
Feb 6th, 2008, 06:50:41 PM
Denny sat a mid a small group of slave girls lap dancing and fawning over him. One of his tenticles reached up and fondled the nearest one.

"oh my lovely... lovely."

An aide came up and whispered something to Denny, he looked up, spotted Smitty and then motioned for him to approach.

Smitty
Feb 7th, 2008, 09:55:48 PM
"Dennnnny!" Smitty held out his hands as if greating an old friend. "Looking as sharp as ever!"

He did a shuffle groove slide to the in house music as up to the table and sat down. Turning his charm on to the ladies, "Hello girls."

Denny O'Thange
Feb 7th, 2008, 09:56:42 PM
Denny stretched his slug like neck out across the table towards Smitty. "You gotta lot of nerve contacting me after what you did."

Smitty
Feb 7th, 2008, 10:00:16 PM
"I warned you, but did you believe me? N - O. Nnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooo."

Smitty motioned for a drink and then in a high pitched voice started mocking Denny.

"Oh I've got the game rigged! There's no way I can lose! She's just a stupid broad."

Denny O'Thange
Feb 7th, 2008, 10:02:28 PM
Denny shot his longest tentacle out and wrapped it around Smitty's throat and began to squeeze the life out of the jerk.

Smitty
Feb 7th, 2008, 10:08:52 PM
Smitty grabbed on to the long yellow tentacle and tried to pull it off of his neck. His hands kept slipping off though. He forgot about the protective slime coating over Denny's skin.

Strands of clear slime flew about as his arms tried to fight off the grip.

*suck air*

"Iiiiiiiii'mmmm" raspy grottleing sounds managed to escape. His face started swelling and turning a bright shade of red.

*suck air*
"sssssssssssssssssooooooooooorrrrrrr"

Denny O'Thange
Feb 7th, 2008, 10:12:44 PM
Denny pulled him closer, "Get this straight you scumbag. The only reason why you're sitting here right now is you promised me you'd make good on that blunder."

Smitty's face was turning a shade of purple. Denny loosened his grip, slightly.

Smitty
Feb 7th, 2008, 10:13:15 PM
Smitty nodded his head vigorously.

Sal'i R'shnor
Feb 8th, 2008, 11:14:19 PM
<i>Meanwhile, back on the docks</i>

Sal tried to not pick at the bandage at the side of his head and yanked another panel off of the PB-950. Above him several other members of Smitty's crew were methodically junking the freighter. Sal frowned and his tail shook with irritation. It had taken the better part of 3 years to turn the rusted out pile of trash into a work of art... and now he was destroying it.

He wished he had fangs.

Mu Satach
Feb 8th, 2008, 11:35:36 PM
<i><b>Inside Cloud 9</b></i>

Mu chewed on her lower lip and watched the ships landing and taking off from docks from the window in her office. <i> Damn...</i> She double checked the time. <i>Somethings wrong, he usually drops by and gloats about how great a deal he gave me and how he haggled a better price from the buyer by now.</i>

She heard Molly say good night to some of the girls, her shift over she was leaving for the night.

"Molly," Mu turned and called out to her as she passed by the office door. "Would you do me a small favor since you're on your way out? Shouldn't take long."

Molly Black
Feb 13th, 2008, 11:41:34 AM
Locking the doors to the Cloud 9, as the last of the buss staff and servers left for the night, Molly turned to Mu's voice. Sounded intriguing.. Mu didn't often send her off to fetch. Her internal sense of 'this might be something important' flared up, of course..

Nonchalantly, she began closing out the registers and running up the days profits for review. "Sure thing, Mu. Where's the fire?"

Mu Satach
Feb 13th, 2008, 04:37:30 PM
"I know Smitty isn't one of your favorite customers to deal with..." <i>Man has more hands than a two armed human should,</i> "but he's overdue from checking in with me. According to the port docks databank, his ship docked several hours ago, but..."

Her voice trailed off and she clenched her jaw.

"Somethings gone wrong, he never avoids me unless... and well... he gives you grief every time he's in here because he likes you. Would you mind dropping by the docks and see if A) the lug is ok and B) see if you can sniff out what happened to my shipment?"

Molly Black
Feb 13th, 2008, 10:41:25 PM
Molly plastered a smile on, but closed her eyes, praying for deliverance. "Sure, Mu.. No problem."

She punched in a few more orders to the datapad, then nodded satisfied. "All set. I'll let myself back in when I know something and come find you.."

Tossing a little wave, she headed out.

Strolling the docks, in beribboned heels, a short light blue dress, and several layers of beaded necklaces Molly looked every where, but didn't find Smitty. Despite her best efforts of strutting around trying to attract his attention, he didn't rise to the occaison. It was all in the desire of being done and getting out quickly with an answer for Mu, of course.

She found the next best thing though.. His counterpart Sal.

"Hello, Sal.. Spare a minute for a gal in need...?"

Sal'i R'shnor
Feb 13th, 2008, 11:31:07 PM
At the sound of Molly's voice Sal slid around to face her. His black eyes widened and his neck cape expanded then contracted.

"Molly?" he looked around confused. "Watssss can I do for you?"

Molly Black
Feb 14th, 2008, 03:55:36 PM
"Everything ok..? I was looking for Smitty, but he's vanished." She looked around all dramatic like.

"You didn't let some thrice-jilted woman beat him to death, did you..?", she teased. Molly eyed what he had been working on curiously..

"What have you two been doing..?"

Sal'i R'shnor
Feb 14th, 2008, 10:47:03 PM
"WOMAN BEAT HIM!" Sal's tail shook and spoke as fast as he could slurring his words together, "He'sss gone crazsys! There we are, ssailing along nisely. Lots of good credits when wes find a dead ship and then looks whats he did to me!"

Sal pointed at his bandaged head. His usually unoticible Sluissese accent grew thicker the more agitated he became.

"Now hesss off, don't sssayss wheresss and yellsss at me to tear the beauty apart." He gestured towards the frieghter.

He sucked in air and his neck pulsed, it was the closest thing his species came to actual tears.

Molly Black
Feb 17th, 2008, 12:28:09 PM
Molly jumped back, slightly startled at the change that had come over Sal. One minute he was sealed up like an old can of mushrooms and the next he was spilling it like a baby. Molly of course, was the very image of consolation, she hurried forth and tucked an arm around Sal's shoulder. "Smitty hit you..? Awwww, that creep! After all you do for him? Someone needs to put that guy in his place, and I know just the gal to do it. Don't you worry your..", she glanced down and searched for the right word..

"..your little shaker off, I'll get him. But, Sal..", she leaned in close and locked her pretty blue eyes on him.

"What was on the ship...?" Whatever Smitty was busy washin' their hands of, it would determine greatly where she would have to start looking for him.. and what she would have to tell Mu, if she didnt find him...

Sal'i R'shnor
Feb 17th, 2008, 06:08:07 PM
Sal looked into Molly's blue eyes and felt his calm start to return. <i>Ahh... she must be why Smitty spends his nights at Cloud 9.</i>

"I don't know," coiled up a little closer to her. "He didn't ssay and he hitss me, when I wake up we're back here, don't know where the ship is, don't know what it was just Smitty yelling at us to tear our boat apart. He mention somethingss about needing to finds just the right buyer."

Molly Black
Feb 17th, 2008, 06:22:04 PM
"A buyer, huh.. Is that so.." Molly's brain started working. Smitty was gone to ditch whatever it is they've found and left Sal to destroy the evidence. That translated to big merchandise, which also translated to big trouble for Smitty if he was caught. Why she should care she wasn't certain..

Smitty you bad, bad boy.. What are you up to?

"How long's he been gone?"

Smitty
Feb 17th, 2008, 08:44:56 PM
"I knew you'd come to your senses," Smitty reached out and grabbed Molly and dipped her back. Planting a long deep kiss on her. He was positive she hadn't had a good kiss in a long time.

It had been a good bit of business. Smitty was in an exceptionally good mood. Denny had changed his tune once Smitty pulled out the black tube containing a sample of glitterstim from the Derelict's cargo hold.

Denny would be the front man, Smitty would supply him and as long as everyone stayed cool about things, paradise awaited them both. Smitty was already envisioning his private moon, sunny beaches, fruity drinks and
Molly...
Molly talking to Sal.
Molly looking for him.

He finished his kiss and looked down into her blue eyes. "Lets you and me fly off to parts unknown baby."

Molly Black
Feb 17th, 2008, 09:17:56 PM
Molly just dangled there, dipped back above the ground, slightly dazed. Smitty just planted one on her. She couldn't believe it. She could not believe it, but still it had most assuredly happened. Also, he smelled kinda off, kinda sticky-sweet, like some of the strung out types that sat around staring instead of ordering at the Cloud 9.

"Smitty.." She grasped his arms and peered into his eyes in all seriousness. "What're you on...?"

Molly swung her gaze over at Sal for confirmation. "He's on something, that's why all the hush-hush..?"

Smitty
Feb 17th, 2008, 09:35:48 PM
His slightly blood shot eyes stared back at her. "I'm only flying high on you."

Sal'i R'shnor
Feb 17th, 2008, 09:47:12 PM
"I told you," Sal's tale shook. "He'ss gone crazy."

Molly Black
Feb 17th, 2008, 09:48:22 PM
She squirmed her way free, plopping down onto her rump on the floor of the dock. Molly quickly rolled out of the way and scrambled to her feet, then began pacing, her high heels sounding off in cadence.

"Smitty.. I can overlook the fact that you are heavily under the influence, probably exhausted and without a decent meal.. but.."

She knew she had to shake some sense into him, so she said the first thing that came to mind that would sufficiently rattle his cage a bit. "Mu sent me. She's a trifle worried about not seeing you sooner.. She mentioned flesh.. and peeling.."

It was an outright lie, but Molly was quite good at getting answers...

...and Smitty was good at provoking her, she thought with a grin.. Besides, he was being mean to poor Sal, he deserved it.. She looked over at Sal with a grin that promised retribution..

Sal'i R'shnor
Feb 17th, 2008, 09:54:09 PM
"Mu..." Sal thought for a moment. "that's right. We have her credits still from the shipment."

Sal started sliding back and forth with Molly. "Forgots with all the working. Oh Smitty..."

Smitty
Feb 17th, 2008, 10:05:18 PM
"Would you two relax!" Smitty smirked. "She's got nothin to worry about. Her shipment went like clockwork, better than clockwork."

Smitty turned to see how the junking of the freighter was going. "I don't work exclusively for her you know. I've just been following up on my own business plans."

Molly Black
Feb 17th, 2008, 10:27:09 PM
"Ok Smitty.. sure.." Molly pulled down the veil that was perched off her jaunty little hat, covering her face.

"That's just what I'll go tell her, since she went to the trouble to send me to see if you were ok and all.." She dabbed at her eyes a bit as if greatly wounded..

Smitty
Feb 17th, 2008, 10:47:44 PM
Smitty turned back at the sound of her voice. "Don't you worry" he reached out and pulled her chin upwards "that pretty little head of yours." Smiling he cupped her face in his hand and ran his thumb along her cheek.

He was invincible, he was finally on top, he would be the one calling the shots from now on. Baron Smitty didn't have quite a good ring to it, he'd have to rework his name eventually. But all that could wait.

"Look kid, I just made a deal that'll take care of us for life. You'll never have to sling hash to guys anywhere in the galaxy again. Just tell me what you want Molly and I'll get it for you." his glazed eyes had a little trouble focusing on her.

Molly Black
Feb 18th, 2008, 09:39:08 AM
Molly closed her eyes, begging any listening deity for a reprieve, this was just too weird. Still, Smitty was harmless and it was hard not to preen under such adoration, even if it was drug induced. Yeah.. figures, she thought.

She moved forward and lifting her palm to Smitty's cheek, in a soft little carress, watching his eyes sway like he was bobbing along in a canoe. "Listen.. Smitty, you're a real sweetheart. Maybe someday you'll want to settle down, huh? Find a nice girl to spend all that pile of credits on.."

She smiled at him, patted his cheek a few times, perhaps a little more brisk than was necessary, but someone had to be the voice of reason, and she was on the clock, even if Smitty wasn't.

"So, I'll go tell Mu that there was a problem with the ship, you've fixed it and you'll be in shortly to report, right?" Molly wiggled down the hem of her dress, and adjusted her beads that were all wrapped around her, from the jostling..

Smitty
Feb 18th, 2008, 02:46:25 PM
"Yeah yeah," Caught up in his own delusion he took Molly's words as an acceptance of his offer instead of a rejection. "You do that kid."

He swung around and inhaled the fuel filled air and slapped his chest. "Yeah, Tell her everything went swell, just some problems with a compression coil on the way back. Got sidetracked... will be along shortly to transfer the funds."

He spun back around, picked her up and swung her around and planted one more kiss before letting her go. Then he started yelling and directing his crew, "Come on people! Chop Chop! This ship needs to be gone pronto!"

Molly Black
Feb 18th, 2008, 03:27:02 PM
Her squeal of terror was swallowed up in a kiss that would have done a theatrical production proud, she was swung around like a dancing girl, clinging to Smitty for her life, and too stunned to offer a protest again, and he sorta tasted like peppermints...

Just as she coming to her senses, she was dropped to her back onto her feet and spun away, her little aqua dress whirling up around her legs, she slapped it down quick and blushed, watching Smitty walk off shouting orders..

"I'll be damned..", she looked over to Sal than laughed.. She started to head back, to tell Mu the 'Tale of the Day' but before leaving the docks Molly found herself stopping, compelled to peek back one more time.

Smitty, don't you dare make me care about you..

Sal'i R'shnor
Feb 19th, 2008, 01:24:57 AM
Sal waved good-bye to Molly before Smitty grabbed him by the back of his tool belt and drug him towards the ship.

Molly Black
Feb 19th, 2008, 02:30:37 PM
Molly fretted the entire way back to the Cloud 9. This was bad buisness. Bad business always gave her hiccups. She'd take a few steps and out a squeak would pop, breaking her stride.

She had to pull it together before she met with Mu.. Sheesh.. Molly arrived and let herself back as far as Mu's office door before it happened.

'hiccup'

Her hand had been poised to knock, but she figured her delicate digestion was more of a fitting herald..

"Mu..? I've found Smitty...", she managed, then smacked her tummy into silence..

Mu Satach
Feb 19th, 2008, 04:03:12 PM
The tone of Molly's voice caused Mu to stop working and look up from her desk, "What's wrong?"

Molly Black
Feb 19th, 2008, 04:32:42 PM
She actually stood there another moment chewing her lip before entering the office once more. Molly sat and pinched the bridge of her nose.

"Well.. I found him."

She looked up and met Mu's eyes and recited exactly what Smitty had said.

"Your transfer is in order, no problems there. Told me the delay had something to do with a compression coil and not to worry."

It was apparent that Molly was holding back the rest of the info, waiting for Mu to process what Smitty wanted her to hear, before the rest..

Mu Satach
Feb 19th, 2008, 04:57:09 PM
"Aaaannnd..." she went cold. "What's really going on?"

Molly Black
Feb 19th, 2008, 08:21:06 PM
"According to Sal, they found a dead ship. Smitty hit poor Sal, by the way.. Anyways.. they found this dead ship and I guess they brought it, and whatever it was carrying back with them. Smitty didn't check in with you because he was off trying to get rid of the cargo and Sal and the crew are junking the ship as we speak.."

Ahh, a collection and recitation of the facts as they were. Why couldn't they get some new staff for the Cloud 9 with her standard of multitasking and data recollection..? She sighed pleased with herself..

"Mu.. It's bad." Molly frowned.

"Smitty said he had already made a deal. He kissed me! Told me he was going to..umm.." She pinkened, of all the annoying things...

"..fly me off to parts unknown... The point is, I think he was on something..."

Denny O'Thange
Feb 19th, 2008, 08:55:54 PM
<b>[Denny's Spice Den]</b>

Denny rolled the black tube around in his yellow tenticle. It was quality spice, the highest in fact.

"There's no way..." he grumbled to himself. He knew every spice connection between Bespin and Hutt space and there was no way a two bit delivery boy mechanic like Smitty could get his hands on spice this fine. None.

His lip snarled, "Oh this is good... this is too good." Smitty was going to be in a world of pain and it delighted Denny that he was going to have a part in delivering that pain. Especially after all the pain he suffered at the hands of that wench Satach.

"Get me a meeting with our spice supplier." he licked his teeth. He didn't know how Smitty ended up with a stash of Reeouurra's spice, but he was certain that Reeouurra's people would be very grateful to know it had been found.

He started laughing to himself and slid his tentacles around the girls at his side, <i>Very greatful.</i>

Mu Satach
Feb 21st, 2008, 02:18:19 AM
[ <b>Cloud 9: Mu's Office</b> ]

Her head hurt.

"Ok..." Mu rubbed her temples. No matter how many times she made Molly repeat the tale she still didn't know what to say.

She ran over the facts in her head one more time.

<i><font color="cyan">He found something, bashed Sal's head in, was junking his ship, kissed her (apparently twice) and smells like a glitbitter.</font></i>

She closed her eyes, <i><font color="cyan">The only thing that makes any sense at all is that he kissed her.</font></i>

Mu opened her eyes and looked across her desk at the blushing Molly, <i><font color="cyan">Now that's scary.</font></i>

"did he say anything about <i>when</i> he'd drop by here?"

Molly Black
Feb 21st, 2008, 10:42:35 PM
-hiccup-

Molly squirmed. "He seemed awfuly eager to get done with the business of scrapping the ship, but he said he'd be by shortly to settle up with your transfer."

There was just no easy way to put it.

"He's in big trouble... huh?"

Mu Satach
Feb 22nd, 2008, 01:07:13 AM
"Trouble? No..." She drummed her fingers on her desk.

<i><font color="yellow">"Sata, if you want to stay alive and free on the rim, never cross a Hutt and never interfere with the Black Sun."</font></i>
Her father's ghost drifted into her consciousness.

Whatever Smitty had found was worth enough for him to loose his senses, and if it was that much, then a million to one odds that someone would start turning over bodies to get it back.

"he's a walking dead man."

She looked at Molly. "Thanks for checking in on him for me Molly."

<i>Nothing to do now, but wait for him to show up. If he's not already dead.</i>

Smitty
Feb 23rd, 2008, 08:56:32 PM
Smitty dunked his head into a sink full of ice water. He stayed under as long as he could until his skin began to burn from the cold.

He jerked his head out and with a gasp of air shook the water from him. The past several hours were a blur, but not blurry enough he didn't know what he was doing.

All traces anybody could have picked up from the freighter were now piles of scrap being processed, or already long gone. Sal had been sufficiently consoled with promises of a newer and better ship they'd be able to build. And Molly, he grinned to himself, <i>and Molly... </i>

He grabbed a towel and started wiping away at his chest, upper arms and head. He needed to get to Cloud 9 before <i>she</i> got any more suspicious than he knew she already was.

That was the one thing that bugged him about Satach. She wasn't much of a gambler by nature. Oh she could play, but everything was too calculated. Sometimes it was like working with an accountant. She could pro and con things to death before deciding on a course of action. The fly by the seat of your pants aspect of true gambling was lost on her.

He finished rubbing the towel around on his head. His black hair stuck out in all directions at once.

<b>KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK</b>

<i> Damn, she's come looking for me.</i>

"Hold on, hold on... I've got your money."

He started stepping across the piles of junk scattered here and there on his floor towards the door when suddenly it burst open. Several figures rushed the room and tackled him to the floor.

"HEY!"

A fist smashed into his face and he heard something inside go <i>crunch</i>; after that there was blessed darkness.