PDA

View Full Version : SW-Fans.net 2008 Presidential Poll!

Jeseth Cloak
Jan 29th, 2008, 11:39:58 AM
I'm sick of hearing about all of these supposedly influential presidential primary polls. Let's take a sample of one of the most influential voter groups there is: the SW-Fans.net user base! :D

Gharhda the Hutt
Jan 29th, 2008, 11:55:57 AM
For some reason I just have the names in my head: Rudy Guiliani and Mitt Romney!

Alpha
Jan 29th, 2008, 02:47:35 PM
Anyone but that idiot Clinton...I'm going for Paul. This'll be my first ever election too. :D

Vince
Jan 29th, 2008, 03:22:58 PM
Paul's really good at speaking and seems to give a lot of common sense answers. However, the guy's practically a Libertarian! Scary!

Gimme Barack Obama for the win.

Yog
Jan 29th, 2008, 04:39:18 PM
Are foreigners allowed to vote on this poll?

Ryan Pode
Jan 29th, 2008, 05:33:47 PM
I am voting for Wayne A. Root, the Libertarian party front runner. Ron Paul is a nut who's managed to capture the more idiotic 4chan users as his big online base. I feel like the tagline in AVP2 sums this election up quite nicely, "Whoever wins, we lose."

Jeseth Cloak
Jan 29th, 2008, 07:00:13 PM
Are foreigners allowed to vote on this poll?
Why not? :D

I'm curious to see who would win if SW-Fans.net users were the ones deciding!

Alpha
Jan 29th, 2008, 07:07:27 PM
I am voting for Wayne A. Root, the Libertarian party front runner. Ron Paul is a nut who's managed to capture the more idiotic 4chan users as his big online base. I feel like the tagline in AVP2 sums this election up quite nicely, "Whoever wins, we lose."

To be honest it seems like Paul's big fanbase is seniors in highschool and most college kids...At least around where I am.

Byl Laprovik
Jan 29th, 2008, 08:29:43 PM
Who is this Barack Ombama fellow? Oh sure why not.

Ryan Pode
Jan 29th, 2008, 08:58:35 PM

To be honest it seems like Paul's big fanbase is seniors in highschool and most college kids...At least around where I am.

4chan's membership is made exclusively of high schoolers and college kids.

Alpha
Jan 29th, 2008, 11:21:27 PM

4chan's membership is made exclusively of high schoolers and college kids.

No, 4chan's membership is made up primarily of Jr High and High school kids who like to pretend otherwise

Ryan Pode
Jan 30th, 2008, 08:11:31 AM
Well, I know a good deal of 4chan users, here at college. Simply because the majority act immature does not mean that they are actually twelve.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 30th, 2008, 12:44:44 PM
Even though Edwards has dropped out I voted for him. I guess I wanted to show that I wish he had gotten better support. Probably Obama is my second choice. I really hope Hillary doesn't win the nomination because John Mccain will wipe the floor with her.

CMJ
Jan 30th, 2008, 01:20:12 PM
I don't think McCain would wipe the floor with her. Whoever the Republican nominee is will be saddled with alot of W. Bush hate.

The way I see it a Hillary/McCain race will be tight either way with Mac probably eeking out a win like the '00 and '04 races, unless the recession is just brutal. If it's Obama/McCain I could see a Democratic blowout or a GOP blowout depending on what the situation overseas looks like mid October. McCain would annhilate Obama on foreign policy experience/gravitas, so if there's some crisis in Iraq or another terrorist attack McCain would destroy Barack. If the economy goes in the tank and things stay quiet, Obama wins handily.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 30th, 2008, 01:50:53 PM
I don't think McCain would wipe the floor with her. Whoever the Republican nominee is will be saddled with alot of W. Bush hate.

The way I see it a Hillary/McCain race will be tight either way with Mac probably eeking out a win like the '00 and '04 races, unless the recession is just brutal. If it's Obama/McCain I could see a Democratic blowout or a GOP blowout depending on what the situation overseas looks like mid October. McCain would annhilate Obama on foreign policy experience/gravitas, so if there's some crisis in Iraq or another terrorist attack McCain would destroy Barack. If the ecoomy goes in the tank and things stay quiet, Obama wins handily.

I just think Hillary's baggage hurts her and McCain could get the moderator and independents to swing towards him. I guess I just have no faith in her and I personally don't like her. Both of those things are swaying my opinion of that race.

CMJ
Jan 30th, 2008, 02:12:43 PM
Well, I've basically been a huge McCain supporter for over 8 years. He tried to pander a bit too much to the conservative base of the party acouple of years ago and fell out of favor with me, but he's basically refound his voice lately.

I used to consider myself a pretty moderate Republican, but over the years have become a solid independent since I agree with the Dems on quite few issues. But despite my disagreement with McCain on a variety of things, I also agree with him alot, and damn he's a great guy. I still believe he'd be the best choice.

He would've made a great President if he had won the nomination in 2000. I'm afraid his time may have past, and he'll be defeated this go round(he would've obliterated Gore) because the landscape is so different than 8 years ago, I'm just not sure.

Yog
Jan 30th, 2008, 02:13:24 PM
Well, Hillary Clinton is probably one of the most hated political figures in America, especially among the republicans. Like Carr said, lots of baggage from the Bill Clinton era. Heck, even among the democrats there are those who cannot stand her. There are even democrats who would rather vote republican than vote for her. The moderates are also far more likely to vote for Obama.

If Clinton wins democratic primary, it will be another polarised presidential campaign, an ugly dirt flinging one because McCain and Clinton can't stand each other, and they will use every trick in the book to make each other look bad. Did not McCain basically decide to join the race because Clinton announced she was running? Obama on the other hand could pull some wide support in various demographics. Those sitting on the fence and not decided yet are more likely to vote for him. He is far more unifying and wants to talk about his own policies rather than his opponent.

To put it in simple terms, Obama and even John Edwards is more electable:
http://www.reuters.com/article/politicsNews/idUSN2645320920071126

CMJ
Jan 30th, 2008, 02:15:22 PM
No, Clinton and McCain don't hate each other. Apparently they are practically friends according to multiple sources.

Yog
Jan 30th, 2008, 02:19:22 PM
No, Clinton and McCain don't hate each other. Apparently they are practically friends according to multiple sources.

Really? That was news for me. Although what I heard was years ago. Maybe they smoked some peace pipe.

CMJ
Jan 30th, 2008, 02:21:27 PM
Well, they won't stay friends if they are running against each other. But I doubt they'll try to poke eyes out either. :lol

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 30th, 2008, 04:30:57 PM
LOL well they did look close at the one debate where ABC had them all come out. I saw the two of them chatting happily. I don't think MCCain would do that much mudsling. Now if Romney could somehow win the nomination he would do that. That guy is nothing but a sleaze bag. I can't believe Rush Limbaugh and his buddies would smear MCCain and back that man. I told that to my Republican friends that I could live with MCcain but backing a creep like Romney is crazy.
As for Hillary well I think she is too polarizing and MCcain wouldn't have to say one word against her to keep people from voting against her. Right now I think MCCain would beat her by 20-50 electoral votes (I do agree now that annihilating her is extreme). I just think Obama could get people out to vote who don't normally vote. Here in SC the turnout was the highest ever for the Democratic primary. The African American turnout was huge. I think he could build support from people who don't normally vote.

Vince
Jan 30th, 2008, 04:42:17 PM
IS Mike Gravel still running?! I know Romney's a creep, but Romney's the kinda creep that oozes glam and sparkle where underneath he's a scheming politician. He'd do well in the Empire, I think.

Gravel's just plain Crazy. With a capital C.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 30th, 2008, 05:35:44 PM
IS Mike Gravel still running?! I know Romney's a creep, but Romney's the kinda creep that oozes glam and sparkle where underneath he's a scheming politician. He'd do well in the Empire, I think.

Gravel's just plain Crazy. With a capital C.

I guess Gravel is still running but he is getting like 5 votes per states. Not sure what is the point when nobody even knows who you are.

Yog
Jan 30th, 2008, 06:33:39 PM
Now if Romney could somehow win the nomination he would do that. That guy is nothing but a sleaze bag. I can't believe Rush Limbaugh and his buddies would smear MCCain and back that man. I told that to my Republican friends that I could live with MCcain but backing a creep like Romney is crazy.

Yeah, no kidding. Mit Romney got the sincerity of a used car salesman.

He is also constantly talking about "Hilary care"... :x

Atreyu
Jan 30th, 2008, 08:55:40 PM
I picked Obama, but on the Republican side I think McCain would be their best bet.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 30th, 2008, 09:32:32 PM
Now if Romney could somehow win the nomination he would do that. That guy is nothing but a sleaze bag. I can't believe Rush Limbaugh and his buddies would smear MCCain and back that man. I told that to my Republican friends that I could live with MCcain but backing a creep like Romney is crazy.

Yeah, no kidding. Mit Romney got the sincerity of a used car salesman.

He is also constantly talking about "Hilary care"... :x

I know plus I am almost certain Romney was behind the people who were spreading the lies about McCain leaving POWs behind in Vietnam.

Parsideon Denix
Jan 30th, 2008, 11:34:53 PM
The only way I'd vote McCain is if Hillary somehow bumped out Obama. McCain & Hillary seem similar on so many things, so it comes down to window dressing and trust between those two.

Ugh. Making myself sick.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 31st, 2008, 12:22:38 PM
The only way I'd vote McCain is if Hillary somehow bumped out Obama. McCain & Hillary seem similar on so many things, so it comes down to window dressing and trust between those two.

Ugh. Making myself sick.

I take McCain over Romney.

Vince
Jan 31st, 2008, 03:23:11 PM

I would too, but that isn't saying much. I would only vote McCain if Hilary was running against him too.

Jeseth Cloak
Jan 31st, 2008, 03:45:21 PM
So according to this poll, Barak Obama will win. Lets see if 'Fans users were right. :)

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 1st, 2008, 06:56:39 PM

I would too, but that isn't saying much. I would only vote McCain if Hilary was running against him too.

I know, also if that is the matchup I am not sure who I will vote for.