PDA

View Full Version : My Trip to Cartoon Network by Zeke

Zeke
Jan 26th, 2008, 09:31:24 AM
Okay, so I went to visit the Cartoon Network studios this weekend. We didn't see the animation part of it, we saw the Graphic Design part. We met the people responsible for creating show logos, posters, t-shirt designs, ad campaigns, and so forth. They gave us a ton of cool free stuff and actually let us design noobs critique their designs for the upcoming shows Ben 10: Alien Force and The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack. We also met the people who designed the visual stuff on the website and most of the dialogue, environments, and characters found in the Big Fat Awesome House Party online game.

We're all pretty much convinced that working there would be the best job ever. Everyone was dressed like Casual Friday (yeah, we went on Friday, but apparently Casual Friday is the standard dress code for them), their workspaces were FULL of awesome toys and posters and stuff, they're allowed to draw stuff on their stairwell walls in marker, and they ride around from place to place on scooters for FUN. Apart from that, the pay is great, the hours are good, and they get to see all this awesome talent and meet all these amazing people. Like, when they were designing the logo for Class of 3000, Andre 3000 dropped in more or less unannounced to see what was up and check out the designs.

So...yeah. There's 2 internships open for this summer and I will have one of them. That place was so cool.

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 26th, 2008, 09:42:37 AM
Sounds like my dream workplace... I'm jealous! Good luck getting the internship :)

Taja Loraan
Jan 26th, 2008, 09:54:49 AM
Bring back Sheep in the Big City ! :cry

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 26th, 2008, 09:56:40 AM
What is it with you and that sheep? o_O

Taja Loraan
Jan 26th, 2008, 10:02:39 AM
Don't tell me you've never viewed the glory of that Sheep ! :o

Kraehe Branwen
Jan 26th, 2008, 12:49:29 PM
I disliked that show. Bring back Cow and Chicken!!

Vince
Jan 26th, 2008, 12:57:08 PM
Cow and Chicken was just wierd. "Pork Butts and Taters"?

Sheep in the Big City was wierder. But funny. I never got the plot though. Was there a plot?

Aretsuya
Jan 27th, 2008, 02:35:38 AM
I love Sheep. And Dexter. And Bloo. And most of those cartoons, come to think of it. o_0 I want to work for CN, now.

..I demand souvenirs !

Vince
Jan 27th, 2008, 10:28:50 AM
I have it on great confidence that my personality is almost a spitting image of Bloo's. The bowing and the grovelling may commence now.

Kraehe Branwen
Jan 27th, 2008, 10:38:29 AM
Bloo's personality would annoy me irl. LOL I'd probably kick your butt on a regular basis if you got me in trouble like he gets Mack in trouble.