PDA

View Full Version : Looking in all the wrong places

Alpha
Jan 22nd, 2008, 09:49:14 PM
{OOC: For continuity's sake, this takes place a week after Worth The Risk}

Alpha sighs and opens the weapons cabinet near the hatch of his ship, rummaging around. Pulling out his slug-thrower and pulse pistol, he attaches them to his belt, and sets them low on his thighs. Grabbing an extra magazine for each, he slips them in pouches on his belt. A dagger follows, and a sword settles on his back. Opening a hidden compartment to the left, Alpha withdraws a battered silver and gold colored lightsabre. It featured spikes around the emitter and a handguard, and looked very well worn. Smiling at the familiar heft, he brings into into a guard position, thumbing the power button. With a long, drawn out hiss a silver and black blade shoots out of the handle. Almost unconciously, he spins around, bringing the sabre out into a low swing, followed by a quick high block. Smiling and nodding, he closes down the weapon, clipping it to a specially made d-ring inside his jacket.

"Well, let's see what I can find." he says to himself, running a hand through his short shorn silver hair. Lowering the ramp, he steps out, running a hand across the retracted wing, and smiling. Heading into the turbolift, he pushes in the level for the bottom of Port Town. Closing his eyes and taking a deep breath, Alpha steadies himself. About the time he opens his eyes, the doors slide open. Looking around, he steps out, taking it all in.

People were everywhere. Stalls were set up at every concievable part of the main corridor, with actual shops filling in the gaps. Seeing a small information kiosk, Alpha pulls a datapad from his belt, and plugs it in. Punching a few buttons, he brings up the listing for antique shops, and shops known for exotic selections, along with a small clinic. If nothing else, maybe he could match up his DNA and find something that way. Closing down his pad, he slides it back into his belt, and takes a step back. As he turns around to head to the first shop, he is bumped into by a small kid. Knowing this trick, Alpha simply pulls out his dagger, and grabs the kid by the wrist.

"I believe you just grabbed something that belongs to me. I want it back. Now," he tells the boy, his voice menacing, his eyes seeming to flash with anger. It seemed to do the trick. The boy holds up his prize, and Alpha's eyes widen. It was the lightsabre. "Give it to me now."

Seeing his chance, the boy nimbly escapes Alpha's grip and takes off running. Muttering a silent curse, he follows, sliding his dagger back into its sheath. Taking a small grappling hook and line from his belt, he sends it flying, the hook catching the boy on his left ankle, and taking him down. Losing his grip on his stolen goods, the boy hits the ground hard, the lightsabre skidding off.

"Oh no," Alpha says quietly, dropping his line and hoping he can get to the weapon before any Imperials see it.