PDA

View Full Version : Heath Ledger Dead??

Aurelias Kazaar
Jan 22nd, 2008, 03:54:56 PM
TMZ is reporting the same thing according to our news wires (Metrosource).

http://www.wnbc.com/entertainment/15113586/detail.html

Actor Heath Ledger Found Dead In NYC, Police Say

Department spokesman says the actor Heath Ledger has been found dead at a downtown Manhattan residence.

Ledger starred in "Brokeback Mountain" and "The Brothers Grimm." <TABLE class=storyAd cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=storyAdObj>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Sorsha Kasajian
Jan 22nd, 2008, 03:57:17 PM
OMG :cry This is awful!!!

Miranda Tarkin
Jan 22nd, 2008, 03:58:36 PM
What??? :eek

CMJ
Jan 22nd, 2008, 03:59:23 PM
MSNBC and CNN came on with the news about 15 minutes ago.

Kraehe Branwen
Jan 22nd, 2008, 03:59:30 PM
:( Noooo! I loved him in Roar and in The Order.

Aurelias Kazaar
Jan 22nd, 2008, 03:59:50 PM
What we reported.

MetroSource News 01/22/2008 14:55:26
Heath Ledger Dead
>>TMZ: Actor Heath Ledger Found Dead
(Undated) -- TMZ.com is reporting that Heath Ledger has passed away. According to the website, the actor died in New York's Soho area this afternoon. He was reportedly found in his bed. Sources tell TMZ that it doesn't appear to be a crime. Heath Ledger, whose credits include "Brokeback Mountain" and "The Patriot," was 28.
###
Jimmy Bender/sw/fba NY)
01-22-2008 15:56:32

Alpha
Jan 22nd, 2008, 04:03:16 PM
That's horrible!

Matier
Jan 22nd, 2008, 04:34:46 PM
How terrible! I can't believe it...

Yog
Jan 22nd, 2008, 04:47:46 PM
Very sad and shocking this :(

Rod Stafford
Jan 22nd, 2008, 04:52:02 PM
I'm absolutely gutted. :cry

JMK
Jan 22nd, 2008, 05:22:06 PM
Really shocking news. This one leaves you kind of speechless.

Brad Renfro died last week and hardly anyone noticed...or cared...or was surprised by it.

This is totally different. I wonder if he medicated a little too much by accident, or if he wanted out?

Yuri Thrice
Jan 22nd, 2008, 05:22:56 PM
Wow, and after having done the Joker in the new batman movie to come....just strange....And quite a shame.

Ilias Nytrau
Jan 22nd, 2008, 05:24:53 PM
I found out from reading a friend's MSN name, and a lot of the time, his nicks are jokes. But it was serious after I looked into it. I think my eyes kinda popped out of my head.

That's terrible. :\

Kraehe Branwen
Jan 22nd, 2008, 05:29:34 PM
My mom said his wife recently left him. It could have been suicide. :( Why are so many young gorgeous men killing themselves or trying to in Hollywood nowadays?

Cade Mercer
Jan 22nd, 2008, 06:08:31 PM
She left him about a year ago. Its suspected to be a drug overdose.

Kraehe Branwen
Jan 22nd, 2008, 06:31:38 PM
Jeez, leave it to my mom to be vague. I'd hate to see one of my favorite actors be a drug addict.

Rutabaga
Jan 22nd, 2008, 06:47:55 PM
This is extraordinarily sad, tragic news. I know news reports are saying he was found surrounded by pills, but we still have to wait for toxicology results. But if it was an OD, either accidental or purposeful, this is terrible waste of both life and talent. To me, this is the worst one since River Phoenix.

This is going to make watching what appears to be a terrific performance as the Joker very, very bittersweet. :cry

CMJ
Jan 22nd, 2008, 06:49:26 PM
I read Ledger was suffering from pneumonia at time of death.

Then an accident definitely makes alot of sense. If he had taken a couple of sleeping pills to try to get some rest, he may well have not been able to wake up fully if he started having trouble breathing. It doesn't take very long to suffocate when your nervous system is already slowed down with relaxants.

Atreyu
Jan 22nd, 2008, 07:06:09 PM
Woah, I can't believe it. :eek I only just found out whilst reading a thread debating The Dark Knight's potential boxoffice performance on WorldOfKJ - out of nowhere a post popped up that said 'Ledger's dead'.

Truly tragic - from the trailers his performance as the Joker is going to be magnificent and he ws probably on the verge of really breaking out. :(

Alpha
Jan 22nd, 2008, 07:08:24 PM
There are people wondering if this might be like the crow with how popular it'll get with the death of Ledger. (Since the lead in Crow had the same thing happen to him)

Morgan Evanar
Jan 22nd, 2008, 07:46:04 PM
It's sounding like it was an accidental overdose. Heath had said he was having problems sleeping. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080123/ap_on_en_mo/obit_ledger;_ylt=AkfEL21Sv8RcjNd8Wo9PkSis0NUE

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 22nd, 2008, 07:46:46 PM
Wow... out of nowhere.

Darth McBain
Jan 22nd, 2008, 10:08:12 PM
Wow... I just caught this on the CNN ticker and couldn't believe it. Truly a shame, and he was so young. He definitely had some good pictures still to make...

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 22nd, 2008, 10:11:23 PM
Very, very, very sad. :cry So young, and a little daughter left behind as well. Accidental overdose, if that is what it was, makes it even more tragic.

Man knows not his time, indeed. :(

Sudoku
Jan 22nd, 2008, 10:19:10 PM
There are people wondering if this might be like the crow with how popular it'll get with the death of Ledger. (Since the lead in Crow had the same thing happen to him)

Brandon Lee died while filming The Crow in an on-set accident -- I don't see how this is similar since his role as the Joker is already in the can (I'm assuming, since I've seen pictures of him filming a new movie on Dlisted.com).

Very sad and shocking, and the fourth hollywood death I've heard about in a weeks time. (Although, two of them were elderly) :|

Alpha
Jan 22nd, 2008, 10:28:38 PM
Oh I had thought he still had scenes to finish

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 22nd, 2008, 10:29:51 PM
I don't think it's farfetched to think that interest in his movies will increase as a result of this.

Sudoku
Jan 22nd, 2008, 10:31:30 PM
Yeah, but it's not as if he died on set or anything. That's what I meant. I don't doubt people will be watching his movies more than ever now.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 22nd, 2008, 10:36:36 PM
I was shocked to hear this news. He was a great actor and he will be missed.

Sudoku
Jan 22nd, 2008, 10:41:21 PM
They just showed him being taken out in a body bag, with a crowd of people taking pictures with their camera phones >_< Horrible.

Denarr Sepphist
Jan 23rd, 2008, 12:14:33 AM
I couldn't believe it when I first heard...

And he was a well known Australian actor too!

Aretsuya
Jan 23rd, 2008, 04:38:37 AM
I just heard, actually, and I'm a bit shocked. Watching Brokeback Mountain won't be the same anymore...

Rutabaga
Jan 23rd, 2008, 07:50:55 AM
The poor man has only been gone less than a day, and the infamous Westboro Baptist Church has already announced plans to picket his funeral. I truly hate those people.

Here's a link to someone's blog entry about it, if you're interested...just please be forewarned that there is some offensive language in it, since this "church" is very fond of one particular slur against homosexuals:

http://www.holymoly.co.uk/news/28/religious-idots-plan-heath-funeral-picket-2273.html

Razielle Alastor
Jan 23rd, 2008, 09:58:26 AM
The poor man has only been gone less than a day, and the infamous Westboro Baptist Church has already announced plans to picket his funeral. I truly hate those people.

I'm not going to say anything because I'm capable of truley evil things where people like that are concerned.

This is so awful.. :cry:cry:cry

Yuri Thrice
Jan 23rd, 2008, 10:05:16 AM
It is a shame. Left a child fatherless. And last I heard, from a police investigator, the pills weren't scattered everywhere. They were still in their bottles, I believe near the bed. He was found face-first on the floor, at the foot of the bed. And the pictures as they carried him out were just awful.

I had also heard that he was suffering from pneumonia, and taking a sleeping pill or two could slow your heartrate and lead to breathing issues, especially if suffering from an ailment. Plus, with the broken sleep patterns of actors, personal issues, the potential psychological issues of getting into a character that is as crazed and psychotic as the Joker, it just all added up to a tragic end for him.

Such a shame. He will be missed, by fans, and by others like myself, who only has precursory knowledge of the man. He seemed like a genuinely good guy, which is a rarity among actors and actresses, it sometimes seems....

Kraehe Branwen
Jan 23rd, 2008, 11:03:25 AM

Here's a link to someone's blog entry about it, if you're interested...just please be forewarned that there is some offensive language in it, since this "church" is very fond of one particular slur against homosexuals:

http://www.holymoly.co.uk/news/28/religious-idots-plan-heath-funeral-picket-2273.html

:mad I seriously hate psycho religious people. By that I mean people that go too far with their beliefs. Like those that picket soldiers funerals. Those that picket abortion clinics. Those that tell people they are going to hell for various reasons for no good reason. I knew one that told me I was going to hell because I got pregnant out of wedlock and the only way to fix it is if I got married to the guy and prayed like hell. Seriously. WTF!?

Sudoku
Jan 23rd, 2008, 01:23:36 PM
http://www.bestweekever.tv/2008/01/23/when-is-a-makeshift-best-buy-tribute-to-heath-ledger-too-soon-the-answer-always/#comments

>_<

Alpha
Jan 23rd, 2008, 01:33:04 PM
Wow. Just...wow

Atreyu
Jan 23rd, 2008, 02:58:14 PM

Oh yay - "Heath Ledger is now in Hell, and has begun serving his eternal sentence there". Good to know that these guys have a free link with God to know who goes where and can declare that as fact. :mad :verymad :rolleyes

http://www.bestweekever.tv/2008/01/23/when-is-a-makeshift-best-buy-tribute-to-heath-ledger-too-soon-the-answer-always/#comments

>_<
The nice guy in me hopes that this was just the work of a well-meaning employee and not a cynical attempt to sell more DVDs. Still not exactly the most appropriate thing to do - as one of the comments in that link suggested they could have just setup a table with his movies on it and left it at that, people would have connected the dots.

Denarr Sepphist
Jan 23rd, 2008, 09:31:41 PM
I heard that his role as the Joker put some serious mental stress on him, considering how 'insane/sadistic/psychopathic' the character was. That makes sense I guess, consdering how heavily he dived into his screen choices...

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 24th, 2008, 12:16:59 AM

I am not going to that site but is that the church that is lead by the crazy preacher who protest troop funerals?

Rutabaga
Jan 24th, 2008, 12:22:13 AM

I am not going to that site but is that the church that is lead by the crazy preacher who protest troop funerals?

Yup, it's the same idiot.

Kraehe Branwen
Jan 24th, 2008, 10:53:31 AM
I don't understand why they want to torture the families. Why don't they just leave it to God to judge?

Yog
Jan 24th, 2008, 10:54:01 AM
One of the many tribute videos floating around on YouTube:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=_G8i29alHfA&feature=related

Mu Satach
Jan 24th, 2008, 11:39:56 AM
But when the Pharisees had heard that He had put the Sadducees to silence, they were gathered together. Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked Him a question, tempting Him and saying, "Master, which is the greatest commandment in the law?"

Jesus said to him, "<b>You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like to it, You shall love your neighbor as yourself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.</b>"

- Matthew 22:34-40

------

Just as I can say I'm a member of the Royal family of England, doesn't make it so. Many people, televangelists, preachers, politicians, etc. all can say they are Christian, but that doesn't make it so. *sigh*

Atreyu
Jan 25th, 2008, 05:18:42 AM
One of the many tribute videos floating around on YouTube:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=_G8i29alHfA&feature=related
I'm downloading it right now. So far it looks really nice - good song choice too. :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 28th, 2008, 12:19:07 PM
The latest 'news' about Heath Ledger is that it is entirely possible that he simply died of natural causes, instead of accidental overdose. Apparently the level of toxicity in his blood was low enough that it might not have caused his death.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 28th, 2008, 07:27:14 PM
The latest 'news' about Heath Ledger is that it is entirely possible that he simply died of natural causes, instead of accidental overdose. Apparently the level of toxicity in his blood was low enough that it might not have caused his death.

Well that would mean it was probably the phenomena that caused his death. He was probably over worked and didn't take it seriously like in Jim Henson's case.

Yog
Feb 6th, 2008, 09:35:33 AM
It has now been announed Heath Ledger got killed by an accidental overdose of prescribed medicals. He was on anxiety pills, sleeping pills and painkillers, and the combination caused his death.

Source:
http://edition.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/Movies/02/06/heath.ledger/index.html

Droo
Feb 6th, 2008, 10:22:19 AM
This makes the loss even more tragic. And it just goes to show how even low-prescription medication can be life-threatening if not enough attention or respect is paid to their effects. It has certainly opened my eyes; I've always been cautious with medication and have only taken it if absolutely neccessary since I don't like the idea of my natural immune system becoming dependent on such things but now I won't even take basic paracetamol while using antibiotic and anti-inflamatory eye-drops. I think it's better to double check anything such as that just in case. After all, is it really worth the risk?

Molly Black
Feb 6th, 2008, 12:49:22 PM
Someone better sue the doc that put him on all that crap at the same time, no freaking wonder he died. |I

JMK
Feb 6th, 2008, 06:35:36 PM
I'm sure he was seeing multiple doctors, and having people around him provide him with things. People in positions of wealth and power can get whatever they want, regardless of the potential consequences and side-effects.

I don't want to pick on a guy once he's gone, but you've also got to take a little responsibility. Who in their right mind thinks its ok to be on that many drugs at the same time? Especially if they're not helping you? Why are you still taking them?

You're right Droog, this does make it much more tragic. All it would have taken is for someone, Ledger included, to recognize that eating a cereal bowl's worth of pills every day can't be good for you.

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 7th, 2008, 12:32:12 AM
I'm sure he was seeing multiple doctors, and having people around him provide him with things. People in positions of wealth and power can get whatever they want, regardless of the potential consequences and side-effects.

I don't want to pick on a guy once he's gone, but you've also got to take a little responsibility. Who in their right mind thinks its ok to be on that many drugs at the same time? Especially if they're not helping you? Why are you still taking them?

You're right Droog, this does make it much more tragic. All it would have taken is for someone, Ledger included, to recognize that eating a cereal bowl's worth of pills every day can't be good for you.

That is pretty much what killed Elvis, but he had an incompetent doctor giving him all kind of pills.

JMK
Feb 7th, 2008, 06:21:47 AM
Yeah, that is pretty stupid. But I wonder if the same doctor would prescribe all those pills to a regular joe. I really think the celebrities get what they want. We see otherwise good doctors (and even dentists) prescibing steroids to pro athletes. It doesn't make them incompetent...it makes them grovelling yes men. Maybe they hope that by granting the celebrity/athlete his wish, they'll become best buddies or something.

Cameo Stenislav
Feb 7th, 2008, 07:39:29 AM
Hmm, it seems true...but until we hit stardom, we will never know....we will only think we know....

It may not have been all at one time, but pills at certain times of the day. Plus, there's his phsyical and mental health to question. Not to mention, whether he was getting the pills legally versus illegally. With the way he seemed, taking on the harder, more controversial roles, and being a pretty stand-up guy, I don't really see him getting these things illegally. But there is the whole argument of stars getting exactly what they want....so all in all, its a shame the guy's gone, and the questions he left behind will haunt his family, his friends, and his fans....along with leading experts overanalysing the fact that some guy who just so happened to be an excellent actor died. If this were one of us, it'd be a tragedy, but it wouldn't be drawn out like this. They would've gotten the facts quickly, and ended it quickly. The mere fact that this is drawn out, almost to the point of morbid publicity, is just a friggin' shame. I merely wish that they would get it all down, quit speculating, and let the family and friends rest at ease knowing he's resting in peace. Period.

There, that's my caffeine-fueled rant for the day.

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 7th, 2008, 11:40:31 AM
Yeah, that is pretty stupid. But I wonder if the same doctor would prescribe all those pills to a regular joe. I really think the celebrities get what they want. We see otherwise good doctors (and even dentists) prescibing steroids to pro athletes. It doesn't make them incompetent...it makes them grovelling yes men. Maybe they hope that by granting the celebrity/athlete his wish, they'll become best buddies or something.

Of course in Elvis's case that was back when drugs were even easier to get. I do know that doctor lost his license and nearly went to jail. I am not sure what is the situation with Ledger.