PDA

View Full Version : Operation Emporer's Retribution

Park Kraken
Jan 18th, 2008, 01:59:03 AM
That is the name for the preliminary plan for the general Imperial offensive into Hutt space. While I am working up a comprehensive initial plan to post on here, so far here are the basics:

One hundred captial warships, divided into five seperate assault fleets, are to hit four worlds in Hutt space, one fleet per a planet, with one fleet standing by in reserve.

The planets to be hit are Nal Hutta, Nar Shadda, Ylesia, and Togoria. The plan is to free the slaves on Ylesia, apprehend the ring leaders there, and bomb the spice factories into ruin. Nal Hutta will see the apprehension of the top ten Hutt crime lords and their entourages, with data confiscated from their palaces. Togoria will be attacked in general. Finally, all the fleets will converge upon Nar Shadda, with one fleet already there blockading it, to commence Base Delta Five upon the planet's surface.

This Imperial raid/offensive is to cut off the head of the black market and to serve notice that further illegal trade to the Rebellion will not be tolerated.

Assuming that Travis commands one assault fleet composed mostly of the 213th Battle Squadron, and me another fleet of the 515th, then that leaves three slots open for fleet commanders, plus whatever intelligence, inquisistorate, or ground assault people want to come on for the ride.

Initial thoughts on the plan?

Tiberius Anar
Jan 18th, 2008, 03:03:06 AM
What's Base Delta Five?

It might be interesting to give this a political dimension- what if one of the planetary govrnors or moffs in neighbouring space is getting a cut of Hutt profits? He might warn some of the target crimelords, which would be interesting for all concerned.

Travis North
Jan 18th, 2008, 08:57:31 AM
The plan is great but the head of the black market isn't the Hutts since the death of Jabba. They're aren't the biggest player at the moment, learned that earlier this week since I started playing Lorn Kadross.

I like the idea of leveling Nar Shaddaa, just as long as I can get Lorn and the wounded Desilijic outta there before it happens. Black Sun has a substantial holding there and if it goes, great for Lorn and not Black Sun. That said I'd like to run the blockade of Nar Shaddaa. It gives the control I need on the area.

You should definitly contact Black Sun about this to get there opinions and participation.

Edit: Additional Thoughts

Leveling Nar Shaddaa may not be the best for the community. A lot of people do roleplay on the world as it's a popular destination for the adventuring crowd. Blockading it and cracking down on criminals seems a better alternative.

Park Kraken
Jan 18th, 2008, 02:30:59 PM
To answer Anar really quick, as I have to run off to a movie:

Base Delta Five is a much less serious plan of planetery bombardement than Base Delta Zero. Five calls for the destruction of buildings and areas that are not needed for survival, IE, entertainment centers, commercial spaceports, places of gathering, and of course anything that is remotely military related.

Miranda Tarkin
Jan 19th, 2008, 08:52:36 AM
You should definitly contact Black Sun about this to get there opinions and participation.

has this been done? It should be. Sorsha has a lot of backstory in this sector and it would be best to make sure plans are not stepped on.

Leveling Nar Shaddaa may not be the best for the community. A lot of people do roleplay on the world as it's a popular destination for the adventuring crowd. Blockading it and cracking down on criminals seems a better alternative.

I also agree with this. =\ Messing up RP for the community because the place no longer exists is not fun. Secondly, more RP opportunity is present for those that do want to go there to avoid Imperial entanglement. I suggest if the the first option does happen, destruction, the community gets a say.

Park Kraken
Jan 19th, 2008, 06:27:38 PM
Note that Base Delta Five does not call for a complete destruction of the planet, like what would happen in the opposite end of the spectrum with Base Delta Zero. With BD-Five, I would say about 1 out of every 25 buildings on the planet would get destroyed. The planet would get hammered, yes, but it would still be intact.

But such widespread destruction, it would still be a good idea to ask.

Park Kraken
Jan 23rd, 2008, 02:14:45 PM
Maybe Sorsha gives you and Travis a tip about the Anjiliac Kajidic. They're trying to get Tempest Spice out to the public, and that's something Sorsha is violently opposed to. And being from a respectable Imperial Family (Palpatine awarded her Daddy with a Baronial title for his support ) Sorsha tips them off about what's going on. So not only is she doing her civic duty, she's getting a troublesome Kajidic out of the way.

This is the tenative agreement that we have come up with, so here is my revised idea for Nar Shadda. Instead of taking out the whole planet, we level the Kajidic's holdings on Nar Shadda, plus a surrounding 50-kilometer radius area of city as an example to all those who would defy the Empire.

Our assault forces on Nal Hutta focus on capturing Anjiliac and her cohorts, along with other members of her Hutt family, and close allies. And the Ylesia assault force focuses on rescuing the slaves from the colonies and spice factories owned by Kalijic, and then bombing them into ruin. The assault on Togoria would be focused on destroying the mercenary armies and training camps that Kalijic's forces own.

How does this sound?

Travis North
Jan 24th, 2008, 11:12:17 PM
Sounds like... Win!

Miranda Tarkin
Jan 25th, 2008, 05:54:05 PM
I like that idea. Story material before the blow up :D

Jekaan Oludh
Feb 18th, 2008, 03:46:29 AM
Hmmm alright, I guess I need to keep an eye on the happenings since I've got my pirates based in orbit around the planet....

Karl Valten
Feb 18th, 2008, 10:28:49 PM
Hmmm alright, I guess I need to keep an eye on the happenings since I've got my pirates based in orbit around the planet....

SPY!!!!! *Beats Jekaan*

I'm looking forward to seeing this play out, Admiral. Make sure you have permission with the groups involved before you start.

Tiberius Anar
Feb 19th, 2008, 09:19:57 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing this, too. A minor request from a boring pedant, but could you correct your spelling of "Emperor's" please? If we are going to kick the slime out of people I would rather they did not have the chance to accuse us of laxity with regard to the English language!

Miranda Tarkin
Feb 19th, 2008, 10:02:53 AM
I miss you Anar! :lol

Karl Valten
Feb 19th, 2008, 01:07:56 PM
Eep, I owe another post, don't I?

Sorsha Kasajian
Feb 25th, 2008, 05:20:23 PM
:: Stretches and takes a seat at the table ::

What Park forget to mention in our pm tossing is that Sorsha (being a good an loyal subject of the Empire :angel) has information on House Anjiliac regarding the production and distribution of Tempest Spice. This is something Sorsha is violently opposed to and to that end has no choice but to do her civic duty as an Imperial Citizen and expose said operation to the proper authorities. In return, it would be within reason to grant a pass on House Desilijic's more vital holdings. ;)

Ack, sorry my bad, Park did mention that. I'm fighting the onset of a cold today, and posted to see what was going on with this.

Karl Valten
Feb 25th, 2008, 06:27:58 PM
:: Stretches and takes a seat at the table ::

What Park forget to mention in our pm tossing is that Sorsha (being a good an loyal subject of the Empire :angel) has information on House Anjiliac regarding the production and distribution of Tempest Spice. This is something Sorsha is violently opposed to and to that end has no choice but to do her civic duty as an Imperial Citizen and expose said operation to the proper authorities. In return, it would be within reason to grant a pass on House Desilijic's more vital holdings. ;)

Ack, sorry my bad, Park did mention that. I'm fighting the onset of a cold today, and posted to see what was going on with this.

Ahhhhh, Tempest! *HISSSSSSS*

I HATE that stuff.

Park Kraken
Feb 26th, 2008, 11:23:28 PM
After a rather long inactivity period, I seem to be back now, and ready to get back to my evil plans.

Sorsha Kasajian
Feb 27th, 2008, 01:18:44 PM
Your evil plans? Perhaps you should rephrase that, Kraken. :p You meant to say the Bidding of your Empress, didn't you? ;)

Long Live the Empire :D

Park Kraken
Feb 28th, 2008, 10:43:48 AM
How about My Empress's evil plans then? I guess first order of buisness would be to get some red hair dye. You don't want that grey hair showing after all.

*Runs away*

Sorsha Kasajian
Mar 4th, 2008, 02:01:29 PM
Perceptually impaired and mentally challenged. I think Park needs to be relieved of command and executed. :p

Park Kraken
Mar 14th, 2008, 04:33:54 PM
*Is released from the mental hospital*

Okay, it's been a while since we've talked about this plan, but I think it's about time to give this a kick start into motion.

Travis North
Apr 3rd, 2008, 08:15:35 AM
Agreed. The 213th has collected a lot of space dust just drifting in the void, it needs to see some action.

Park Kraken
Apr 7th, 2008, 02:43:06 PM
If everyone is still around and active.