PDA

View Full Version : A Design For Life (Yuri)

Sudoku
Jan 18th, 2008, 12:01:33 AM
Thick, swirling mist. Through it shone two deep red eyes. A dark figure appeared, wearing the tattered remains of a Jedis' robe. It's features were hidden beneath the hooded cloak, only the piercing red gaze could be seen. What once were delicate white wings, now were torn, bloody. Bones showed through, gristle hung from rotting sores as the figure stretched them out. A woman with fierce golden eyes knelt beside him, clad in pelts and metal. A younger woman stood behind them, a perfect blend of the two...The mist drifted pass, and the vision faded.

In her mind, she saw herself with two men - one light, one dark. Her wrists were bound to theirs with scarlet ribbon. They floated quietly through space, to a large green planet. The orb radiated with Force energy, so palatable that it made her lick her lips. This place had such...power, she could feel herself being drawn to it...

Kyashi Hatake, Darth Sudoku, shook her head, clearing the visions from her mind. She pushed her glasses up the bridge of her nose and sighed. She'd been holed up on Coruscant for months, following her last encounter with Michael Cline, trying desperately to gain some sense of direction.

The visions began recently - first, it was the mist, drawing back through a dense, swampy forest, till the planet was a tiny emerald marble floating above her hand. Figures began to appear in the mist, beside her in the darkness. She knew she would have a connection with all of these people, particularly with the two men she'd been bound to. But what intrigued her most was the feeling of darkside energy coming from the vision. She's never felt anything like it before...

A few hours later, she'd left her small apartment, stopping at the closest diner. She settled into a booth, ordering a fizzy drink and pulling a datapad from her bag. Sudoku brought up a galactic map, scrolling through the planetary index. Two names - Naboo, Dathomir - seemed familiar, although she'd never set foot on either world. Somehow, she would get to Naboo, and then to Dathomir. The two men would help her. The Force foretold it. It would lead her towards the power she craved, to those two men and to the mist that was filled with witches and monsters.

Yuri Thrice
Jan 18th, 2008, 09:50:25 AM
A few minutes later, the glassy doors hissed open on their pneumatic slides, and a young man stepped into the diner. He was a lean figure, lithe and well sized. His black hair was parted to the left, the rightmost portion hanging just slightly over his blue eyes. He was dressed in mostly black or dark clothing, with sturdy work boots that were well worn in, and a leather spacer's duster trailed slightly behind him. He seemed freshly showered, and was bright despite his dark looks and clothing. In his right hand, a duraluminum case shone slightly in the strange lighting. After a quick scan of the room with those shocking blue eyes, the Corellian known as Yuri Thrice settled in at the counter, addressing the waitress.

"Ma'am, could you get me your cook?"

She nodded, and after a few seconds, a swarthy-looking man dressed in white, stained clothing stepped from the kitchen, and smiled. His booming voice carried, despite his best intentions to keep his volume at a normal and socially acceptable pitch.

"Hey, Yuri! Just in time! Wanna bowl of mah famous chili? It'll put mo' hair on dat birdie chest o' yours!"

Yuri smiled, a grin of dazzling white teeth, shaking his head back and forth.

"Nah, Del. You know I can't eat that stuff this late. I'll be up for hours, wondering how many peppers you put in the damned thing! Besides, I gotta run shortly after. You know, buisness and all. I got your order for ya, man."

As Del stepped up to the counter, Yuri took the case and sat it on the countertop, unlatching it and turning it for Del to appraise. For those just slightly in view of it, the case contained a masterfully crafted, fully customized blaster pistol, freshly oiled and maitenanced. It was the much sought after Bryar blaster pistol, based on a scaled-down and modified version of the Bryar blaster rifle, with a variation of several alloys and finishes to improve the already amazing design and value of the piece. Yuri watched with pride as Del leaned over it, the gleam of true appreciation in his eyes as he took in the sights. Yuri slowly closed the case, and spoke once more, in a soft voice.

"It's yours for the other half of the payments."

It was unnecessary for Yuri to even speak it, for the credit chip was already out of Del's pockets and into Yuri's vicinity. He took it up, and smiled, knowing that it was exactly the agreed upon price. Yuri knew his credits well. With great care, he slid the case to a smiling Del, who spoke.

"That was just beautiful work, man. Shame it cost me dat much, oddawise I'd give ya a tip."

Del extended his hand, and Yuri took it in a firm handshake.

"A pleasure doin' buisness with ya, Del."

With a smile on his face, Yuri turned towards the door, and noticed the young woman sitting in a booth, eyes fixed upon her datapad. She looked Hapan, with striking eyes hidden behind her glasses. At first, Yuri thought to approach her, but decided not to press his luck today. After all, if she was interested, let her come for him. After all, that was the way Yuri liked it; eager and willing to pursue. Call it being coy, Yuri didn't care. He stretched his limbs, letting the motion catch her eye. With a slight glance and a smile her way, Yuri walked to the sliding glass doors.

Sudoku
Jan 18th, 2008, 11:29:09 PM
...Where his feet stopped working. It was as if something had grabbed hold of his legs, swinging him back in the direction of the young woman. She curled one finger at him, beckoning him wordlessly to come join her.

Yuri Thrice
Jan 19th, 2008, 07:09:12 AM
Yuri felt the strange sensation as his legs ceased to move. As he felt himself turning back to her, he noted that she beckoned him. What the frell? Yuri shook his head, realizing that he probably looked like a total idiot. Despite this, he noted that no one seemed to even be looking his way, save for her. At first, he decided not to go, and actually made to take a step in the other direction, and found that he could actually leave, if he chose to. But he was intrigued. The source of his inability to move was the girl, that much he instinctively knew. Why and how, he wasn't sure. But he knew partly what she was: she had to be Force Sensitive. After all, who could make you stop dead in your tracks, just like that? And he resisted it. Perhaps he.....was Force Sensitive as well? Maybe it wasn't dumb luck, quick reflexes, and quick thinking that has kept him alive for this long, especially during his time as a mercenary, working to get enough creds to open up his shop and completely buy off the property. He smiled, knowing that he had a choice in the matter, and then chose to approach her.

With a few long strides, Yuri was at the table. He gestured to the empty booth across from her.

"Mind if I sit?"

Sudoku
Jan 19th, 2008, 10:29:31 AM
Sudoku was taking a long draw from her drink, making a satisified sigh and smiled. "Not at all..."

They sat in silence for a few moments. She reached across the table, taking his hand in hers. "Ever been to Naboo?"

Yuri Thrice
Jan 19th, 2008, 07:39:24 PM
Yuri smiled, but slowly withdrew his hands. He was uncomfortable with people touching his hands, especially when he didn't even know them. Irregardless of how strikingly beautiful, or how kind they were. Ever since he lost the hands he was born with in an accident, he was nervous about them. Though both his prosthetics felt just as real as his real arms, Yuri still felt uneasy about them. And this uneasiness, despite having these prosthetics for more than a decade now, never subsided. Every time his hands came into contact with others, Yuri couldn't keep himself from wondering if they could feel what he felt, if they knew, as he did, just how fake his hands were.

But, during that slight contact with his hands, Yuri got a glimpse of the power that resided in this lovely woman. It was immense. It almost made him crave it, but the instantaneous craving subsided. This was a woman, a sentient being. Manipulating someone to gain power wasn't what Yuri did; he was a power in his own right. Craving meant wanting something that he didn't already have. And he did have power. Perhaps untapped power within himself, but power nonetheless. And with the blasters at his sides, and the hidden holdout blasters located in their housings inside his arms, Yuri has power at the press of a button.

Keeping the smile on his face, he remained as friendly as he could. He meant no ill will by his withdrawal. And she was pretty. Better not to upset the nice lady.

"Usually, people introduce themselves first. You know, normal social standards. I'll start. I'm Yuri Thrice. And to answer your question, yeah, I went once. It was a work related trip, but I did get a chance to go on an island retreat while there. It was nice. Why do you need to know?"

Sudoku
Jan 20th, 2008, 09:22:23 AM
Hesistation. Uneasiness. Sudoku frowned, picking at his thoughts till she got her answer. Fake. Hrmph. She laughed at what he said next, she was anything but normal.

"Kyashi Hatake, but you may call me Darth Sudoku. And I need to go to Naboo. You're going to take me there."

Yuri Thrice
Jan 20th, 2008, 09:35:06 AM
Yuri felt somehow....violated. First, she beckons him over, then she demands him to come to Naboo. And the look in her eyes. She knew his arms were fake. No big deal. But yet, it bothered him, because she seemed to pluck it from his head....and without even mentioning it. At least she didn't laugh at him....perhaps that was a sign. He had an idea. He began running through blueprints and schematics in his head, thinking it probably should throw her off a bit. While doing this, he continued with his thoughts and the conversation.

"Hmmm, okay. I'm game. I could use a vacation from the shop for a bit. So, what's the trip for, anyway? Buisness? Pleasure? A little of both?"

Sudoku
Jan 20th, 2008, 09:49:01 AM
"Power."

Her voice rang in his mind, clear and strong, pushing the blueprints and schematics into the background. She was busy sipping on her drink, draining the glass in one last long sip. Yuri could feel the Force wrap it's fingers around him, touching his mind.

"You're going with me, because the Force has willed it to be so."

Yuri Thrice
Jan 20th, 2008, 10:09:54 AM
Yuri felt something probing in his head, trying to will him.....to listen to her words?! Yuri wasn't sure of how to approach a mental attack, but he merely pushed back, as if he were returning a message to the sender. It said, plain and simple, the very same thing he spoke next.

"You don't have to be in my head. I'd take ya, anyway. Now stay out of my head....if you know what is good for you, Sudoku..."

Sudoku
Jan 20th, 2008, 10:39:08 AM
"Heh."

Yuris' throat tightened, his pulse quickened as Sudoku used the Force to grip his heart. Just enough to cause him to gasp for his breath, then let him go. Her smile was sweet as honey as she got up from the booth, offering him her hand.

"And you won't test my patience, Mr Thrice, if you know what's good for you."

Yuri Thrice
Jan 20th, 2008, 11:14:00 AM
Even as his throat tightened, Yuri's hand gripped his right Westar, but as she began to move, Yuri saw through her. This was a ruse, a show of power. He almost laughed when she released him. Not even a gasp came out of him. He smiled his attractive smile, showing that he was clearly not intimidated, though he was impressed.

"So, asphyxiation's your thing? Crazy....."

He took her hand, and got up from the booth. The leather creaked as he got up.

"Tell me something, Sue. When you started, you know, using....I'm sure you get what I mean....did you lose your social interaction skills? I mean, you didn't have to get into my head to convince me. You're attractive enough, you seem smart, and powerful, and sexy. Everything I like in a woman. You could come aboard my ship, and probably me, anytime."

With a coy smile, Yuri took a few steps for the door.

"And you have a nice voice. Did you ever consider singing? I mean, you could probably be famous for it. After all, the Bith are the ones making the music lately, and you're far better looking than any Bith I've ever seen...."

Sudoku
Jan 20th, 2008, 10:19:24 PM
She trailed a step behind him, still holding his hand. To any passers-by, they would look like a nice young couple walking home, not a dark-side adept and her potential protege. She "hehed" his comment about singing.

"I don't sing. And...I have manners. I just chose to use the Force to bend people to my will. Next time I want you to do something, I'll say please before I make you do it." She laughed, clinging closer to him as they passed a group of aliens scurrying by. "And don't call me Sue."

Yuri Thrice
Jan 21st, 2008, 10:43:11 AM
Yuri smiled, looking back at the young lady still holding his hand. He still felt a little uneasy about his hand being held, especially by a self-proclaimed "Dark Sider," but he pushed it aside. He was a man, for cryin' out loud!

"Aww, why not? I think it suits you. It's cute. You're pretty cute. And not to mention, it throws off the whole, "roar, I'm an evil Dark-sider" thing."

The grin never left Yuri's face.

Sudoku
Jan 21st, 2008, 09:48:15 PM
Her eyes rolled. "Uh, thank-you? I don't care if people know about my darkside leanings, if they have a problem, tough."

Yuri Thrice
Jan 22nd, 2008, 07:07:17 AM
Yuri's head shook back and forth, his hair shifting with the wind and his movements. Breath escaped his lips in a sigh.

"No finesse. Sometimes, its far easier to let theatricality work for you. After all, a blaster pressed to the head is sometimes a far more imminent threat than even the bolt coming from it's chamber. My childhood on the wrong side of Corellia taught me that."

Yuri pulled a small flask from his inner coat pocket, and unscrewed the top. The flask flashed slightly in the light as he tipped it to his lips for a sip. It was strong stuff, Corellian-made high proof liquor. He finished the small sip, enjoying the burn, then handed it over to Sudoku.

"A sip for you, Sue?"

He was still smiling.

Sudoku
Jan 22nd, 2008, 08:03:04 AM
"I don't drink."

She shooed it away, pushing the flask back into his hand.

"Sometimes. But there are other times when things need to be done, and done right away. No time for play-acting."

Yuri Thrice
Jan 22nd, 2008, 10:10:20 AM
"Yes, but sometimes, acting takes the urgency out of needing to do. And, it doesn't leave a trail of broken and blasted bodies and a court of law and their denizens on your tail. When that happens, you can't even fart wrong without them smellin' it..."

Yuri stoppered the flask, and slid it back into his coat pocket, reaching in the other one for a case of death-sticks. Striking his lighter, the flame flared to life, light jumping across his cupped hands and face. The embers glowing on the end, Yuri took a drag as he stowed away the lighter. As he spoke, away from Sudoku's face, he let smoke billow outward.

"So, you don't drink. You don't like play-acting to make life easier. You don't sing, though you have a lovely voice. You get into people's heads to get what you want, when asking would get you the same. You seem to have a very warped, if not nonexistent, sense of humor. And you're cute. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that you don't smoke. What else is there that you do?"

Sudoku
Jan 22nd, 2008, 10:21:34 PM
"I don't."

In one deft movement, she took the stick from his hand, tossing it to the ground and stubbing it out with the heel of her boot. She put her arms around his neck, holding him close to her body. She brought her lips so they just barely brushed his, smiling all the while.

"You'll just have to wait to see what else I do, Mr Thrice."

Yuri Thrice
Jan 23rd, 2008, 10:36:45 AM
Yuri found himself very close to Sudoku. Almost too close for comfort. Why was it that dangerous women had a thing for him? Was it because he was dangerous himself, or that he was the opposite? He almost laughed aloud at the notion, but found himself still in the situation, close enough to kiss. He craned his neck to the right, inquisitively.

"So, you have a thing against smoking, too? Or was the 'stick in your way of something you felt you needed to do?"

The light seemed to make his eyes sparkle, as if they weren't eyes but blue sapphires, reflecting all light on their smooth facets.

Sudoku
Jan 23rd, 2008, 10:55:17 AM
"Sometimes," she nipped at his lower lip. "You should just shut your mouth."

Her lips found his, her hands wandering down his back to his rear. Her body pressed tightly against his as she broke the kiss.

"See? It's much better when you're being a good boy."

Yuri Thrice
Jan 23rd, 2008, 11:04:16 AM
Yuri kissed her back, savoring the nibbling on his lip. He enjoyed it. She tasted nice. But why so quickly? Even he didn't go that quickly. Everything seemed.....wrong about this. She was very attractive, quite powerful, and capable of getting in your head. She didn't have any vices....well, moving this quickly was probably her vice. Oh, well. Better to enjoy it while it lasts.

When the kiss ended, he heard her response, and smiled coyly.

"Well, I've been told I have a 'purty mouth.' And most women don't complain. Some say, as a matter of fact, that my mouth, among other things, is a great part of the package....Now, define "a good boy." Because if it means just what I think it normally means, then I haven't been a good boy for quite some time...."

Sudoku
Jan 23rd, 2008, 11:39:43 AM
"It means, shut. your. mouth."

Another kiss, this one a little rougher than the last, ending with a bite on his lower lip.

"Now, we can either stand here, and you can talk me to death, or you can take me to your place...and then to Naboo."

Yuri Thrice
Jan 23rd, 2008, 11:50:19 AM
Yuri blinked, again unprepared for the kiss.

"Um, okay. My place. Right....I do need to pack..."

Yuri broke away from Sudoku, and led her to his place, which was only a very short lift-ride away from the diner.

Upon getting out of the lift, Yuri offered a hand to help Sudoku down from the lift.

"This is home sweet home."

He held out an open hand, gesturing to the currently closed shop, A Call To Arms. It had an almost new appearance to it, virtually spotless, and bright, even in the dark, unlit portion of the shop.

After punching in the code to the door, Yuri motioned for Sudoku to enter, as the pneumatic doors hissed open.

"After you, Sue."

Sudoku
Jan 23rd, 2008, 12:31:41 PM
She stepped inside, taking in her surroundings. The shop was spotless, neat and organized - it didn't seem like Yuri would live, let alone work in such a place. It wasn't what she was expecting at all, but a pleasant surprize none the less.

She turned around, facing him, and smiled, titling her head to the left.

"Interesting name."

Yuri Thrice
Jan 25th, 2008, 07:29:07 AM
"Um, yeah. It sounded catchy at the time, so that's what I put up.... I think it's a book or something, not really sure. My days in school were a blur...You know, kid living alone, dad sick and unable to afford healthcare....thank God I graduated early and could get to work on saving for his treatments....."

Yuri shook his head, expelling the memories, the pain and sadness, from his mind, and focused on walking towards the lift that would take him up to his place.

"If you'll give me a few minutes, I'll be right back down.....I wanna pack, and get up and going as soon as possible..."

Sudoku
Jan 26th, 2008, 12:02:09 AM
He felt her at his back, arms snaking up his chest, her lips hot against the nape of his neck. She whispered softly into his ear.

"Hurry back, Mr Thrice," she nipped at her ear lobe. "Or better yet, let's spend some time upstairs...what do you say?"

Yuri Thrice
Jan 27th, 2008, 09:53:55 AM
Yuri laughed.

"You work fast....now, whatever happened to, "Some things need to be done, and quickly?""

Yuri turned around, and gave her a slight kiss on the lips, and then turned and walked to the lift. He had a slight, almost sly grin on his clean-shaven, young face as he looked back at Sudoku.

"Alright, Sue, if you wanna see the upstairs, follow me..."

Sudoku
Jan 27th, 2008, 10:00:58 AM
"As a woman, I'm allowed to change my mind whenever I feel like it. It's the rules."

She followed him into the lift, standing beside him, hands folded behind her back. The short ride was silent, and she waited for him to go inside before she did.

Yuri Thrice
Jan 27th, 2008, 10:14:29 AM
During the short ride, Yuri laughed.

"Ah, the rules. Well, being Corellian, I'm not as big of a fan of rules and regulations. We see 'em more as guidelines, than rules...."

As the lift stopped, Yuri opened up the doors and held his arms out at the spectacle of his home.

"Home sweet home..."

The room was very sparsely adorned, with a few comfortable chairs and settees, with a small table and chair set, with a set of cards neatly stacked at the center of the table. The room had a metallic, and clean sheen to it, as if he hadn't entertained in quite some time, and indeed he hadn't. There was a single hanging painting, by a famous artist, and some poetry sticky-noted to the walls in what looked like a bulletin-board space. Otherwise, it seemed very clean, very neat, very organized, which didn't seem to fit his drinking, smoking, and mayhap partying personality.

"Whatcha think?"

Sudoku
Jan 27th, 2008, 10:35:30 AM
Sudoku walked passed him, flopping down on one of the chairs. She smirked up at him.

"Nice. Matches your shop..."

He felt a light push at his back, the Force moving him closer to her. She ran a finger down his stomach, to the top of his pants.

"So...is there a bedroom in this home of yours?"

Yuri Thrice
Jan 27th, 2008, 12:54:40 PM
As Yuri felt himself being pushed, he knew what was next. As she traced the line of his navel, Yuri laughed.

"Stop, I'm ticklish."

After the giggle, Yuri looked back down at her.

"Well, no. I sleep at the workbench most of the time..."

After a wiry and sly grin, Yuri continued, gesturing.

"Of course there's a bedroom! Why do you ask?"

Yuri continued to play ignorant, mentally laughing at the fun he was having with Sue.

Sudoku
Jan 27th, 2008, 10:46:31 PM
"No reason."

She pulled away from him, more than a little insulted at his toying with her. If he thought it was funny, then he could spend the flight alone with his tools or whatever he did by himself. She frowned at him, waving him away.

"Don't you have to pack or something?"

Yuri Thrice
Jan 28th, 2008, 07:45:46 AM
Yuri nodded, rubbing his head slightly with his right hand, the hair being unsettled some by this.

"Um, yeah, I gotta pack. After all, you were in a hurry, until about a few minutes ago. Must be that "changing your mind whenever you want" thing."

With a mirthless grin, Yuri walked away from her, taking in some information as he left. The door to his room slid open with a very slight hiss, and Yuri stepped into the room.

It was much like the rest of the house; clean and neat. His bed was made; his room was tidy, everything in it's place. The room was adorned by a bed made of metal, with comfortable sheets and pillows and a matress; a small bedside table that held a clock and a black, scented candle; and a mirrored dresser and chest set. He had clothing already in his ship; but he needed a fresh set here. Not to mention, a quick shower, and something else. It was in his mind, but he couldn't find a word for it.....Or begin to understand it. As he began to pack his spacer's chest, Yuri felt strange. He rubbed his eyes....

....and gave a start, as he found himself in a bleak landscape, a dank mist clinging to the landscape. Yuri suddenly found himself moving, with a speed that made even him uncomfortable, as a clawed hand bigger than his entire body landed right where he was once standing. Coming up in a crouch, blasters at the ready, Yuri looked up the reddish-brown arm, to see it end in a massive torso, belonging to a creature he had only seen in holo-vids; a rancor. And atop it, a woman clad in black armor, riding on its stooped neck in a strange saddle. He fired several times, running as he did so, dodging and stepping over the rough terrain. The creature made a horizontal swing, that hit Yuri like a ton of bricks, sending him flying through the air. Somehow, Yuri found himself landing in a wounded crouch, Westars still in his hand. The front of his armor was scarred; he could already feel the bruises beginning to form across his chest, and the hairline fractures across his skeletal structure. Breathing hurt, but Yuri ignored it, making a dash, firing in a strafing pattern as he set himself up for a strike. With hands trained, he holstered the blasters, and brought forth a weapon that was old even when his father's father was a babe, a weapon of the long-forgotten and perhaps dead Jedi. With an unusually long handle and what looked like another emitter at the end, the hilt was nearly two feet in length, and about two to three inches in diameter. The blade leapt from it with a snap-hiss, and a blue hue bathed the surrounding mist, as Yuri rolled, slashing violently as he went. He closed his eyes for a brief second.....

.....and found himself across the room, back at his apartment, in his bedroom. Yuri shook his head, bewildered. What the frell?

Coming to his senses, Yuri checked his chrono. It had only been a minute since he had left...Sue, back in the living room. And she was upset, that much was certain. Mad because he was playing coy with her? When she was doing much of the same thing? Women, Yuri shook his head as the exasperated sigh and thoughts flowed from him, I could never get how their games are wrong when a guy plays them, yet it's perfectly acceptable for a girl to do such, and string a guy along, sleep with them, and then, bam, walk right back out of the guy's life, leaving a path of destruction in their wake....

Yuri was half-tempted then and there to tell her no, and to get the frell out of his apartment and his life, when he had a strange thought. Why would she, a Force-Sensitive and quite powerful individual, need a ride from someone like him? Maybe it was the Force helping them, showing Yuri the path.....bantha-crap. The Force didn't help him when his dad was dying, or when they were struggling to get along on the shipyards of Corellia; why the frell would it help now?! A little upset by the whole situation, and the anger at feeling his life being toyed with, Yuri stormed out of his bedroom, scooping up an ashtray from the table, passing Sue, and plopping down on the settee, lighting up a death-stick and pulling out his flask. The door barely even got open all the way by the time he was sitting, drinking, and smoking.

Sudoku
Jan 29th, 2008, 10:50:20 AM
She heard every thought that spilled from the bedroom, felt the vision, although she didn't quite understand it...Then he stormed into the living room, sulking and smoking. She wrinkled her nose at him.

"You. Are. Strange."

She'd shifted in her seat, pulling her feet up underneath her. "You know, things always happen for a reason, Yuri. Sometimes you have to trust in the Force, that it will guide you down the right path."

Yuri Thrice
Jan 29th, 2008, 09:16:51 PM
Suddenly very angry with her, Yuri erupted like a volatile substance. In a blur of speed that even she couldn't follow, one of his Westars found its way into his right hand, and a bolt of energy seared past her head, missing the skin of her face and hair by less than inches. She could most definetly feel the heat from it, as it lanced past her head, leaving a carbon scorch mark on the wall behind her head. With the cigarette hanging in his mouth, and the open flask in the other hand, Yuri spoke.

"You sit there, and play little games with me, acting like you know me, like I need guidance. Well, you know what? I don't. I've spent most of my life fighting my way to where I'm at, and I'm at a great place in my life right now. I have everything I want, and I'm not even in my thirties yet. Most people who are from my neiborhood don't even make it to their thirties! And then you wanna sit there, and play games with me, and then get offended when I beat you at it, and without having to be forceful with anything, including use and abuse of the Force? Here's how it's gonna go: we'll go to Naboo, but it's my ship. And it's my life. When both are on the line, we play by my rules. Get it?"

Yuri took a drag, and let the smoke slowly leave his lungs. Be damned if she were to try and choke him again. Before she would finish him, she would have more blast marks and holes in her than she could ever count.

Sudoku
Jan 29th, 2008, 09:27:58 PM
"Yeah, I do."

She barely flinched as the bolt whipped past her - she'd "died" of a blaster shot, only to be revied by Imperial troops on Naalol. She listened to his rant, keeping a straight face the entire time. When he was finished, she got to her feet, straightening her clothes and started towards the door.

"Enjoy your shop, and your "great place" in life," the door to the lift opened, she stepped inside and turned to face him. "And don't flatter yourself; you could never beat me. At anything."

Yuri Thrice
Jan 29th, 2008, 09:38:22 PM
Yuri watched her leave. She had a really nice backside. And she didn't freak at being shot at.....there was way more to this girl than he even realized. He knew she was Force Sensitive, and didn't have issues with choking people....but some people liked that sort of thing....creepy, but anyhow, this girl needed his help, and thought she had to choke him to get it. Why? Why couldn't she just.....Before he even realized it, his thoughts were coming to his mouth.

"All you had to do was ask nicely. You didn't have to choke me. Where did you come from that made you have to do that to people, or sleep with them, to get what you want? I would've done it if you had merely asked. After all, it feels right to help you. And plainly, I'm a gentleman; I don't take advantage of a woman in need, and you were most certainly one in need, even if it was just a ride to a planet. So, if you still need that ride, then sit down, and treat me as an equal, not as a lesser. That's the way you'll win me over....."

Yuri holstered his Westar, and plucked the cigarette from his mouth, flipping the ashes in an opening console next to him. He sighed.

"I'm sorry for shooting at you....I just feel....wrong. Like something isn't right, like there's something I'm not doing, not taking advantage of. Like having a hydrospanner, and not using it...."

Sudoku
Jan 29th, 2008, 10:12:08 PM
<i>"You're not my equal. Not yet, at least."</i> She thought to herself, keeping it close to her so he couldn't hear it. She exited the lift, but stayed close to the door.

"My mother was a Force Adept, my father an Imperial supporter. He had her executed when I was 8. My younger sister was 6. When I was 15, he wanted me to join him on Coruscant, to grow up and be a proud member of the Empire...so I killed him."

She picked at her pinky fingernail. "I've had my own followers, all young force adepts like myself. My sister was killed in an...accident. With the Sith. We united with them, but I left. My apprentice found me, killed me...I was revived by the Imperials at the garrison, then followed my "killer" here. I had a vision - you were in it. But sometimes the Force is wrong. You may not be the one I'm looking for."

Yuri Thrice
Jan 29th, 2008, 10:31:37 PM
Yuri took all this in. She had been around a bit. Had her own fair share of rotten luck.

"Wow, you couldn't tell, by looking at you....You seem to be so riveted together. My mom was never in the picture: I was told she died at birth. My dad was a working class guy in Corellia. We had struggles, but he made it work. And by the time I got into high school, and was on the fast track to early graduation and a paid-for college education, dad came down sick. I graduated even faster than anticipated, and began working to afford his treatments and pay for the bills, but the creds ended up going towards the funeral...."

As Yuri spoke, he was fully processing what she said, turning it all over, inspecting it as if it were a weapon or tool in need of a repair or remodification, and found something.

"I may not be the one? Why? Because I shot at you? Because I'm not willing to be led around by the nose like a dog? Is that why? 'Cause, here's the deal: you may be "more powerful" than me. But the way I see it, you need a ship, and don't have one. I have one. So, you could go somewhere else, but yet you chose me. And because I don't completely follow your rules, you think I may not be the right guy. Yet here I am, more than willing to take you somewhere, and not even asking for fuel creds, or questions of legality. Now, you tell me that I'm the wrong guy? Would the right one charge you for it, and ask you for insurance documentation? 'Cause I could get you to one of those guys. Fly-by-night operations that ask questions that you don't need..."

Sudoku
Jan 29th, 2008, 10:55:33 PM
"There are two. There's a man I need to meet on Naboo. He'll take me to where we need to be. Through the mist, to the village full of monsters."

She stayed at the door. "I'm sure you've seen it too. I felt your vision, the one you had in the bedroom."

Yuri Thrice
Jan 29th, 2008, 10:57:48 PM
Yuri was taken back. Being that he was already looking at her, his expression changed slowly to one of absolute confusion.

"Were you spying, or did it just come to you?"

Sudoku
Jan 29th, 2008, 11:09:02 PM
"I felt it. My bond with the Force is fairly strong."

She moved to sit across from him, trying to think of a way to explain it all.

"Think of the world as a web. Everything is connected to everything else by bits of silk. Sometimes, there are vibrations in the Force, and people who are connected, in tune with it, we can feel it. With practice, you'll be able to feel it too."

Yuri Thrice
Jan 29th, 2008, 11:22:04 PM
Yuri nodded.

"So, it's not people spying, it's just people feeling....what, vibrations? Echoes of powerful happenings and thoughts?"

Sudoku
Jan 30th, 2008, 11:21:37 AM
"Basically. Everyone has their own talents, abilities that they're better at. It's just like everything else, I suppose..."

Her voice trailed off, a moment of silence hanging in the air before she began again.

"The Force is also two-faced, one good, one bad. I'm sure you know about the Jedi, the Sith. There are as many similarities between them as there are differences - both wield the Force, but they approach it differently. There also outsiders, adepts who follow their own codes and don't really fit under a "label". Self-taught, like me. I follow the Force - mostly through visions - to where I am meant to go in order to gain what I want. If something gets in my way, I use the Force to manipulate it and bend it to my will. Part of human nature - we're greedy, horny, and stupid. Most of the sheep out there," she made a sweeping gesture towards the windows. "Are easily lead astray. I use them to get what I want, and if they refuse me, I dispose of them."

She smiled then, a sweet shy, almost sheepish grin. "I guess that makes me a bad person...must be part of my nature."

Yuri Thrice
Jan 30th, 2008, 02:31:43 PM
Yuri shook his head, disagreeing.

"Nah, you're not evil. Not really. Politicians do that all the time to get a vote, stormtroopers do the same with their training and the barrels of their blasters. We all do that. The difference is, how we do it, when we do it, and why we do it. I'm no good guy myself; I work for myself, and I help those who help me, or will help me, when they get the chance....Like yourself..."

Yuri gestured to Sue.

"Even though I fired at you, once I take you to Naboo, you will owe me. Or, at least, you will do something for me in return, whether you mean to, or not. That's how it always goes..."

Sudoku
Jan 31st, 2008, 07:37:48 AM
"...okay."

She slumped in her seat, a slight pout on her lips.

"I still want to see the bedroom though."

Yuri Thrice
Jan 31st, 2008, 08:48:33 AM
Yuri laughed. Wow, she was persistent.

"Okay, I'll show you the bedroom, but I can't really make many promises on...."

Yuri coughed, clearing his throat.

"....ahem, performances, but you will get to at least see it. Once I'm done showing you around, I'd like to take a shower before heading off....."

Sudoku
Jan 31st, 2008, 09:21:38 PM
She held out a hand, and he helped her to her feet, leading her into the neat and tidy bedroom. Sudoku hopped onto the bed, bouncing a little with a laugh.

"Do you ever leave a mess? You're way too clean, are you sure you're a man?"

Yuri Thrice
Feb 1st, 2008, 09:29:32 AM
Yuri chuckled.

"Cleaning up is a habit of mine. It helps me deal with things..."

Yuri patted his crotch.

"...And yes, I am a man. I'm a clean man. Would you rather me live in a sty? With things clean, I know what I have, and what I don't have, and if I don't know it, I can figure it out quickly. It's efficient. And you know us Corellians....we're about being efficient. And good at everything, or at least, versatile enough to handle any situation."

Yuri plopped down beside Sudoku, and pushed her to her back.

"Besides, my head is messy enough. I couldn't handle a messy mind, and a messy life...So, are you messy? If so, then does that mean that you less than a woman? Because, if that's the case....then your prosthetics fool me, Sue."

Yuri lightly squeezed her curvy hips, laughing.

Sudoku
Feb 1st, 2008, 10:54:00 AM
Her arms wrapped around his neck, fingers playing with the hair on the nape of his neck. Yuri could feel her hot sweet breath on his cheek as she leaned up to whisper in his ear.

"If you want to know how much of a woman I am, you're going to have to undress me and find out for yourself."

Yuri Thrice
Feb 1st, 2008, 11:19:38 AM
Yuri smiled, a brilliant flash of white teeth, blue eyes gleaming.

"Well, I'd like to find out....But don't we have a flight to catch?"

Yuri slowly got back up.

"If we want to leave soon, I would like a shower before we go. Perhaps you would like one as well, to freshen up. I heard there were water hours on this particular sector, so we have to conserve on water...."

Yuri grinned.

Sudoku
Feb 1st, 2008, 11:41:01 AM
She matched his grin with one of her own, pressing her lips hard against his, fingers trailing down his shoulders, slipping his duster off. She tugged at the back of his shirt, pulling it up and over his head, tossing it into the growing pile of clothes on the floor...

Yuri Thrice
Feb 1st, 2008, 11:51:17 AM
Some time later, in the shower, as Yuri and Sudoku are washing themselves, he notices that something is wrong with his hand. As he inspects it, he noticed the problem: earlier, when he gripped the blaster, he had done so with such violent force, that the very pommel of the blaster cut into his sythskin, down to the bare metal. The black underpinning of the skeletal system was visible. And to top it off, the hand seemed to close incorrectly, as if he had somehow damaged or overloaded the prosthetic right hand. Yuri sighed, letting the water run over him.

"Great...just what I needed."

He noted that Sudoku looked at him strange.

"Oh, not you, Sue. It's just the damned hand....when I shot at you..."

His words failed him. For some odd reason, he was really self conscious about his hands...

Sudoku
Feb 1st, 2008, 12:04:17 PM
She took his right hand in hers, turning it over to see what was wrong. The "skin" on his palm was slit, right across, the inner workings showing through. She brought his hand to her lips, kissing along the cut - all the while sending sensations up the prosthetic to his real arm with the Force.

"Poor Mr Thrice," she held his hand close to her cheek, kissing his palm. "Don't be self-concious..."

Yuri Thrice
Feb 1st, 2008, 12:25:49 PM
Yuri almost drew his hand away. But something told him to keep it there. She was being....kind to him. It was out of her character, it seemed, but yet she was doing so. So, Yuri figured he would enjoy it while it lasted.

"Well, I'll have to fix it before we head off...And I just can't help it. It feels like, I don't know, a weakness, or something...There are some advantages to having the prosthetics, but at the same time, they don't feel....right."

Sudoku
Feb 2nd, 2008, 09:52:18 AM
"It's only a weakness if you let it be."

She smiled, wiping a few errant beads of water from her brow.

"Besides...I like what you can do with them..."

Yuri Thrice
Feb 2nd, 2008, 10:07:47 AM
Yuri almost laughed at her. What he could do with them.... Was she referring to what transpired in the shower, or the shooting past her head, minutes before? Yuri figured it best not to ask questions, because answers sometimes complicated things....Hell, when it came to women, they always seemed to complicate it for Yuri. He merely flashed his smirk, assuming it was a joke. With his other, uninjured hand, Yuri carressed her cheek.

"Hmm, perhaps you're right. Thanks for the vote of confidence..."

Sudoku
Feb 2nd, 2008, 07:54:59 PM
"Mmmhmmm." She nipped at his hand, pressing her slick wet body across his, her own hands trailing down his spine, then lower...Their lips met again, her mouth trailing down his chin, his neck, his chest...

Sudoku eventually walked, slightly wobbly, from the fresher to the bedroom, towelling her long dark hair. She was naked aside from her glasses as she plopped onto the middle of the bed with a sigh. "Mmm, lovely shower, Mr Thrice."

Yuri Thrice
Feb 3rd, 2008, 08:35:52 AM
Yuri smiled as he began to dress.

"Yep. Always good to have a nice shower before travelling. Shame I have to get grimy again working on this arm..."

He flexed his right hand, and saw it stall and lock up a bit, but then release. Yuri shook his head disdainfully, wet hair slicked back and black as night. He sighed.

"Damnit, I must've done a number on this thing...."

Yuri sat at the foot of the bed, facing Sudoku.

"Would you like to help me with it? My arm, I mean? I have....some difficulties doing it one armed, and left handed....though I could get it done myself. It may take longer, though..."

Sudoku
Feb 3rd, 2008, 10:05:03 AM
She poked his side with a toe. "I guess so..."

He could hear the tiniest bit of hesitation in her voice - truthfully, she wasn't the most mechanically inclined person to grace the universe. She scooted up beside him on the bed, chin resting on his shoulder.

"What do you need me to do?"

Yuri Thrice
Feb 3rd, 2008, 10:18:21 AM
Yuri smiled. She had said yes, though with hesitation. That was good. And this wasn't something that Yuri just asked anyone to do for him. He was very particular when it came to his prosthetics. Well, she did come into his life and turn things even more topsy-turvy, so the way Yuri figured it, it was the least she could do. He would do most of the hard stuff, anyway. He just needed her to hold things steady for him.

He smiled, touching her hand with his left hand.

"Thanks, Sue. Well, you could get dressed, or we could go downstairs to the workshop nude. I don't exactly have great shutters on those shop windows....plus, hydrospanners hurt if they hit bare skin in the wrong places. Trust me on this...."

Yuri kinda smiled awkwardly, not wanting to tell that story....

Sudoku
Feb 3rd, 2008, 10:27:44 AM
"Oh really? And how would you know that?"

She slipped off the bed, pulling on her clothes. She grinned up at him as she pulled on her boots.

"Well? I wanna know!"

Yuri Thrice
Feb 3rd, 2008, 10:33:51 AM
Yuri just shook his head, pulling his black undershirt on.

"Well, it was a wild party. The Ewoks came to play, I'd had too much to drink, and they wanted their slingshots fixed.....I had half a "pie" as payment, and one of them wouldn't stop humping my leg....And while trying to make a simple repair, I slipped, and scorched my stomach. And yes, there are Ewoks around here....though why and where they actually live is strange...."

Yuri probably thought she wouldn't buy the story, but strange thing was, that was all true....

"Luckily, I wasn't totally naked....otherwise, there'd've been major problems...."

Sudoku
Feb 3rd, 2008, 10:48:09 AM
Her brow quirked up, her eyes went a little wider than she'd have liked. She'd had wild times, but ewoks? "Pie"? She finished dressing, hands settling on her hips. "Are you sure that's what happened?"

Yuri Thrice
Feb 3rd, 2008, 11:18:36 AM
Yuri nodded his head.

"I'm so positive that it happened that I have holovids of it....Crazy Ewoks. One of them is an awesome technician, specializes in ship repairs. And he has like some kind of crazy slingshot with a sniping module set into it, complete with a holographic layout and heads-up display. Well, he kinda got it nearly destroyed in a firefight..."

Yuri looked at Sudoku, and shook his head.

"I know it sounds crazy, but it's true...Strange things happen to me from time to time...."

Sudoku
Feb 3rd, 2008, 11:30:47 AM
"Hrmmph."

She looked around the room, not really knowing what else to say. She couldn't really comment - strange things were a common occurance in her life too.

"Did you need help packing, or did you want to fix your arm up first?"

Yuri Thrice
Feb 3rd, 2008, 11:42:54 AM
Yuri stood, pulling his boots on, and snapping them on as best he could.

"My arm first. Definetly. It wasn't much of a weakness before; now, its damaged, and harder to use....So it's a definite handicap. Something that I probably don't need hanging around with you or being me...I have a distinct feeling that together we will cause enough trouble for the both of us..."

Yuri smiled nervously.

Sudoku
Feb 4th, 2008, 06:33:32 PM
She gave him a "Trouble?! Me?!" look, sticking out her tongue. She bent down, fixing the strap on his boot before skipping into the living room. Picking up her bag, she stood beside the door.

"I never get into trouble, Mr Thrice."

Yuri Thrice
Feb 4th, 2008, 08:33:59 PM
Yuri's wet, black hair shimmered as he nodded his head. He thanked Sudoku for the help. And almost laughed at the absurdity of her answer of never getting into trouble. After all, it was she that came and needed a ride, and then felt she had to choke him into affirmation. That spelled trouble all by itself....

Yuri stood up, fully clothed. His belongings packed away in his spacer's chest with a combination lock, Yuri slung the strap over his back and walked into the living room, and onto the lift with Sudoku.

Once the lift lurched to a stop at the bottom floor, Yuri let Sudoku out first, as his protocol demanded, and then sat his spacer's chest off to the side, while he began prepping his tools.

"Don't worry, this won't be hard. I'll just need you to assist me when I need two hands to work some things..."

Sudoku
Feb 4th, 2008, 08:36:52 PM
"Mmhmm."

She dropped her bag on top of his spacers' chest, finding an empty chair and taking a seat.
"Just tell me what to do and I'll try my best."

Yuri Thrice
Feb 4th, 2008, 08:49:05 PM
Yuri began the procedure by taking off his shirt. Funny, he probably should've just came down shirtless. Would've saved time. But time, right now, wasn't a factor. Doing things right, now that was a factor.

Yuri took a scalpel from his toolset, and began cutting across his right arm. He had done this time and time again. He knew exactly where to cut, even though the synthskin and his real skin had no seam between the two of them. Little waves of pain notified Yuri that he was cutting his arm; thanks to that neural interface. He continued the incision, and cut a line all the way down to his wrist. Once done with this, he gritted his teeth, and without even making a sound of pain, he pulled the synthskin down from the circular cut just below his elbow. The fake skin and flesh came up, revealing a black, metal arm, thicker than the usual prosthetic replacement. The extra thickness was due in part to the extra plating on it, and the fact that he had a holdout blaster hidden in secret compartments in each arm. But they didn't look oversized for his body; the flesh and skin sythetics were merely not as thick as they usually were. Holding the large scrap of synthskin in his left hand, he tossed it into a nearby trash receptacle, and began to work on it, unbolting and disconnecting various wires, until he was ready for the next part.

"Okay, this part hurts a bit. I need you to help me pull my arm from the socket, if you please. And don't worry about me; I'm used to it by now."

Sudoku
Feb 4th, 2008, 09:13:54 PM
She nodded, pulling her chair closer. She placed her hands on his "wrist", looking up at him. "Uh...how am I supposed to do this?"

Yuri Thrice
Feb 4th, 2008, 09:20:34 PM
Yuri smiled weakly. This procedure usually took a bit out of him, and by the time he was done, he'd at least have to rest for a bit, if not sleep it off for awhile.

"Oh, grab the wrist, grab around the very top, and give it a pull. It may not come free immediately, 'cause these things gotta stay in there good. But there will be a sort of popping sound, and it will come free. The popping is the hydraulic and pneumatic release mechanisms releasing at the same time. I've already killed the power to the magnetic and electronic mechanisms in this arm. I can't feel a thing. It only hurts because of the pulling the rod from the socket. It's right down to the bone. And that part, the bone releasing from the metal, hurts like a rancor bite."

Yuri braced himself, preparing himself both mentally and physically for the task at hand.

"You ready, Sue?"

Yuri took his other hand, and held it just above his elbow, close to his right bicep and tricep.

Sudoku
Feb 4th, 2008, 09:25:20 PM
"Mhm."

She gripped his wrist as tightly as she could, and pulled. There was a sickening pop and the arm went limp, hanging loosely in her hands.

"That...is disgusting."

Yuri Thrice
Feb 4th, 2008, 09:33:23 PM
Yuri gritted his teeth, and closed his eyes for a second. But for only a second. He was used to this. But being used to it didn't stop it from hurting completely.

Taking his left arm, he gingerly took his right arm from Sudoku's grasp. He laid it on the table, wiping and cleaning off the grime on it. Once done, he began his thruough inspection of the inner workings of his right prosthetic. This was going back into his body; it had to be pretty much perfect.

Without any troubles, Yuri found the problem; with the speed and ferocity that he drew his blaster, there was so much strength behind it that, somehow, his own electrical currents overloaded the system, and shorted out some of the wires and transistors, causing the hydraulics and pneumatics in his hand to function so hard that they bent up the inner workings. It would all have to be replaced. And it would take at least two hours, if not more.

Sighing, Yuri began to work....

With Sudoku there, and Yuri occasionally looking up or asking for help, he got the job done, and in less than two hours. Looking at the chronograph on the wall, Yuri nodded with admiration, appreciation, and awe.

"Wow, we got that done in less than two hours. I was thinking it'd take at least two hours......"

Sudoku
Feb 5th, 2008, 09:43:40 AM
"That's good then, isn't it? Means we can get to Naboo sooner than later."

She sank back into her chair, glad that that little part of the day was over. Not that she wasn't used to popping peoples' limbs out of their sockets (hello, former twilek apprentice!), or that she didn't want to help. Mechanics were simply not her thing.

Yuri Thrice
Feb 5th, 2008, 09:57:09 AM
Yuri shook his head. He was weary, but the hardest part wasn't over yet. He still had to reconnect the nerves to the prosthetic, and have the sythskin replaced. The synthskin replacement was easy, and he could rest while doing that, but the reconnection....that was the really tough part. It could make a rancor cry out.

"Well, I still have to do the hard part, and reconnect the nerves to the prosthetic....You may want to look away for this, if you don't enjoy seeing people in pain..."

Without another word, Yuri took the hydrospanner, and quickly reconnected the wires. With a jolt, a grimace, and a growl of pain, Yuri hit the floor of the shop.

Sudoku
Feb 8th, 2008, 12:27:36 AM
She winced as he reattached the wires of his prosthetic to the ones on his arm. When he hit the floor, she was immediately at his side, kneeling down and cradling his head on her lap.

"Are you okay?"

Yuri Thrice
Feb 8th, 2008, 07:55:04 AM
Yuri shook his head. The reattachment part always had that zapping effect. One would think that with thousands of years of prosthetic research, they would manage to get rid of the painful side effect of the jolt, when the arm's current and the body's nervous current were joined. He shook his head again, the "stars" of stun slowy leaving Yuri's blue eyes. He spoke weakly.

"Yeah. That's the really hard part....Without painkillers, it's a very difficult reattachment. I need to rest for a few minutes...maybe even a few hours. It didn't hurt this badly last time......"

Sudoku
Feb 8th, 2008, 10:39:42 AM
She stroked his hair, brushing his bangs back and kissing his forehead softly. Her brow was furrowed with concern. "Then why don't you take painkillers, you silly man? Do you want to go back upstairs? The bed would be much more comfortable than the floor."

Yuri Thrice
Feb 9th, 2008, 10:50:30 AM
"'Cause, I don't like being zonked out of my mind for a procedure that I do on myself. I like being in total control of my mental faculties, at all times, if possible...."

Yuri shrugged, enjoying the kisses on his forehead. Maybe there was more to Sue than he realized.... He attempted to lean up slowly, the pain in his right arm only spiking. He grunted.

"Yeah, the bed would be great..."

Yet again, as any typical Corellian would do, Yuri stubbornly attempted to get himself standing.

Sudoku
Feb 10th, 2008, 09:29:55 AM
She slipped underneath his arm, half supporting his weight as she helped him to his feet. Sudoku shook her head. "And how would you get upstairs if there was no-one here to help you? Would you spend the night on the floor?"

Yuri Thrice
Feb 10th, 2008, 11:22:51 AM
Yuri half chuckled, his blue eyes paling from the pain, yet sparkling from his sarcastic wit.

"Actually, I would've. Not the first time I woulda had to....Probably won't be the last time, either....You gotta rest where and when you can sometimes. My pop told me that rest was a good blaster; use it right, and it'll take ya places. Use it wrong, and it'll backfire on ya."

Yuri laughed at remembering his dad's humor, but then grimaced as he hit his right arm on the lift frame. The sound of metal on metal striking rang outward, the nervous system screaming from it.

"I'll have to re-sythskin it tomorrow...Definetly gotta sleep this damned thing off..."

Yuri groaned at the pain.

Sudoku
Feb 11th, 2008, 05:23:06 PM
"Heh."

She pulled him closer towards her, moving so they stood in the middle of the lift. Her hand strayed up his back, fingers stroking down his spine. "You really need to be more careful, Mr Thrice."

Yuri Thrice
Feb 11th, 2008, 08:04:12 PM
"Hey, stop with all the "mister" crap. Makes me feel old. Call me Yuri, or something..."

He gritted his teeth, preparing for the jerky, slow, and hobbled travel to his room. From the lift, to the living room/foyer, to his bedroom. Once they arrived at the bed, Yuri settled himself carefully on the bed, with Sue's help. Had he plopped upon it unceremoniously, or without caution, he'd send more shots of pain through him, and right now, the less pain, the better.

He settled into the pillows, using one to attempt to prop up his exposed prosthetic right arm.

"Ahhh, a little better. Thanks, Sue."

He smiled weakly, stroking her right cheek with his left hand. His looks, energetic a few hours before, looked haggard and worn, as if he had endured much. With his nerves on fire like they were, he had indeed endured.

Sudoku
Feb 11th, 2008, 08:18:37 PM
She nuzzled his hand before moving the end of the bed to pull off his heavy boots. They fell to the floor with a thud, as she crawled quietly back to him. Her head rested gently on his chest.

Yuri Thrice
Feb 12th, 2008, 11:32:58 AM
Yuri felt the sensations of her nuzzling against his hand, and shortly after his boots were removed, the weight of Sue's head coming to rest on his chest. He felt happy despite his misery, and the ease of mind slowly allowed him to relax slowly. His breathing slowed into rhythm, and he began to become drowsy. Slowly, his eyelids became heavy, and soon they closed, and his consciousness was lost.

A few hours later, Yuri awakened just as slowly. The pain had dulled, but the arm was in need of a sythskin covering. Yuri quietly eased Sue's head onto the other pillow next to his, and pulled on his boots, quietly walking downstairs. He took the lift, and began working on the synthskin in his shop.

Sudoku
Feb 12th, 2008, 02:22:08 PM
Sudokus' face scrunched up as he sifted under her, rolling onto her other side with a sigh as Yuri slipped out of the bed. An hour or so had passed before a rumpled and sleeping eyed Sue made her way downstairs. The doors to the lift opened, and she leaned on the door frame, watching him reskin his arm.

Yuri Thrice
Feb 14th, 2008, 10:30:13 AM
The process was, in itself, a bit disgusting. The sythskin, on the inside, looked very gooey, and almost fleshy, though the coloring was almost always off from what the innards of the real deal might look like. But the outside, down to every blemish and hair, would be identical to the original limb; sometimes, it would be so identical that the wearer of the prosthetic might even forget they were prosthetics. But not Yuri; Yuri had a thing for equipment, tools, and technology. And cybernetic prosthetics were some of the absolute best pieces of technology any being could get their hands on. Well, maybe next to a legendary weapon, such as a lightsaber.....

Yuri worked the scans to his right arm, making sure that they would fit perfectly. Once he was confident that the sythskin would, Yuri started the machine. It held his mechanical arm in a mold, and poured this strange, flesh-toned semi-solid substance around the limb. Once the substance covered the entire prosthetic, a series of lasers and needles went to work, re-etching the bodily blemishes and imperfections that made Yuri's arm unique to anyone else's.

After several, what seemed nearly painstaking minutes, with Yuri winching every so often, Yuri brought his right hand up, perfectly recreated. He flexed it, and winced slightly at the shock of the mechanism as it moved. It was in the absolute final stages of production: the fine-tuning of the sythskin's sensitivity to outer stimuli. This was over quickly, and Yuri turned, perhaps seeing Sue, hair askew from sleep, eyes still containing the "sleep" in them. Yuri smiled, blue eyes sparkling as he waved with his right hand, the finished product.

"Whatcha think?"

Sudoku
Feb 15th, 2008, 12:16:39 AM
"Very nice."

She moved slowly over to him, arms snaking around his shoulder. A gentle kiss was planted on the top of his head, Sudoku making sleepy noises as she tried to wake herself up.

"We're going to Naboo today?"

Yuri Thrice
Feb 15th, 2008, 10:20:39 AM
Yuri nodded.

"Sure. After I wash up, and close up shop, power down the gear, et cetera. Then we'll head out. I've already got the ship pre-stocked, and I keep her fueled up and topped off at all times."

Yuri wiped some of the machine grime from his hands, before making his way up the lift. A pivot of the body brought his view back to Sue.

"Do you need to.....I dunno, freshen up or something? You know, before we go?"

Sudoku
Feb 15th, 2008, 11:33:06 AM
She shook her head. "Waking up first would be nice. Maybe some food?"

Yuri Thrice
Feb 16th, 2008, 08:49:23 AM
Yuri chuckled.

"You've found my weak spot. I can build anything mechanical....but my cooking skills are lacking...not to mention, I usually go out for meals."

Nervously rubbing his messy hair, Yuri smiled sheepishly, as if somehow embarassed.

"Pick up something on the way to the docking bays?"

Sudoku
Feb 16th, 2008, 09:47:32 AM
"Mmhmm. Sounds good."

She had settled herself on his stool at his workbench, looking for an empty spot to rest her head. She rested her head on her hands, elbows nudging some of his tools out of the way. It was obvious that she was not a morning person - especially with the way her head was nodding as she tried to stay awake.

Yuri Thrice
Feb 18th, 2008, 12:00:24 PM
Yuri laughed.

"Not a morning person, I see. Don't feel bad; neither am I. But when I get motivated to do something, it gets done."

Yuri took his "new" right hand, and patted her head, and was happy to feel that silky, black hair, currently as messy as it could be.

"Could be worse. Could be nursing wounds..."

Sudoku
Feb 19th, 2008, 08:59:06 AM
"I guess." She mumbled, her face buried into her hands. She rubbed her eyes for what seemed like the millionth time and yawned. A sleepy smile crossed her face as he ruffled her hair. "Go get ready, silly."

Yuri Thrice
Feb 22nd, 2008, 07:59:59 AM
With a smile on his face, Yuri kissed her on her head as he left to go change and prepare for their trip.

Moments later, Yuri came back down the lift, dressed in black denim trousers, a long-sleeved and tight-fitting brown shirt with a black utility vest, complete with durable, worn in work boots, freshly polished. Holstered underneath his arms, hidden underneath his black leather spacer's duster, the Westars rested, freshly reloaded and ready to fire. In his black, leather-gloved hands was a zipped-up and closed, black duffle bag. And strapped to his back, the gunmetal gray spacer's chest sat, locked and ready. His gear looked durable, despite being a bit worn. His blue eyes gazed downward at Sudoku as the lift came to a stop, his look inquisitive in nature.

"Ready?"

Sudoku
Feb 22nd, 2008, 03:00:24 PM
"Mmhmm." She was still seated actually where he'd left her, except her own bag was at her feet. "Lead the way, Yuri."

Yuri Thrice
Feb 24th, 2008, 09:55:57 AM
With his things gathered, Yuri left with Sudoku at his side.

Winding their way through the elevated walkways, the two made their way to a shuttle station. It would take them directly to the hangar bay where Yuri kept his ship.

After a short trip through the light early morning traffic, Yuri and Sudoku found themselves at the hangar bay, Yuri busy refuelling and topping off his YT-1500, a ship in excellent condition, the exterior coated with a neatly polished finish clear enough to cast reflections that would rival a mirror.

"Whatcha think?"

Sudoku
Feb 24th, 2008, 04:05:13 PM
Sudoku gave him a half-grin. Boys and their toys.

"Never really been into ships. It's shiny though."

Yuri Thrice
Feb 25th, 2008, 09:57:42 AM
Yuri grinned as he finished refuelling.

"It's not much, but I keep it clean. And she'll definetly get us there in decent time."

As Yuri approached the ship, the landing ramp opened slowly, sliding down with a hiss and a clang of metal on metal as the ramp hit the deck of the hangar bay. He made his way up, looking back at Sudoku.

"You comin', Sue?"

Sudoku
Feb 25th, 2008, 06:50:37 PM
She was just starting up the ramp, rolling her eyes at him.

"Of course I'm coming. No, I thought I would go through all this so I could stay here and wave good-bye to you."

Yuri Thrice
Feb 25th, 2008, 08:23:58 PM
Yuri laughed, his blue eyes lighting up at her wit.

"Well, I know you hate to see me go, Sue, but I'm sure you don't mind watchin' me leave..."

With a wink, Yuri carried his bags halfway up the ramp, and tossed them inside, then offered Sudoku a hand with her bags.