PDA

View Full Version : Worth the Risk

Darriann Sollak
Jan 17th, 2008, 09:00:10 PM
The Corellian pilot walked into Cloud 9 with a jander and took a seat at a round table. Darriann Sollak had never been to the establishment before and didn't know what to expect. The eatery looked good compared to the last joint he'd been in, that place was a dive on Nar Shaddaa.

That trip to the Smuggler's Moon wasn't one of his favourites either. He'd gotten tangled up with a Hutt during a card tournament and got himself black listed when he cleaned the slug for all his worth. After winning the tournament Darriann left the rock behind. Not before some vengence was delt to his ship though. The Renegade Angel took a beating from a few of the Hutt's cronies as it left orbit. A message to Darriann meaning if he returned he'd bite the big one.

With no safe port in Hutt Space Darriann chose to head to Bespin for repairs and an employer. Cloud City offered everything he needed and more. Gambling. Choice entertainment for Sollak.

Alpha
Jan 20th, 2008, 10:03:48 AM
Seeing the man walk in, alpha follows him with his eyes until he takes a seat at one of the round tables. Stretching and getting to his feet, Alpha scratches at his small goatee, his silver eyes shining. He had just come into town and could use some excitement. Grabbing his leather trenchcoat from where it hung on the back of his chair, Alpha walks over to the newcomer, and pulls up a seat across from him, flashing his best smile.

Wouldn't do to get yourself shot for being suspicious, he thinks to himself as he nods to Dariann. He extends his hand.

"The name's Alpha. Look like you could use some company."

He flags down a waiter and orders a tall Lomin ale. He looks to Dariann. "You want somethin'?"

Darriann Sollak
Jan 20th, 2008, 10:58:28 AM
arriann gave the man a look over and took the man's hand in a firm grip with a single shake before releasing.

"Darriann Sollak." he said, "I'll take a Corellian ale."

The waiter added it to the order then headed to the bar.

"What brings you to my table? Not many have the courage these days to approach a stranger."

Alpha
Jan 20th, 2008, 11:23:09 AM
Chuckling Alpha leans back in his chair, and replies, "Courage? Or good sense? I have plenty of one and not enough of the other. I just thought I'd share a drink and see maybe where you have been. Information is always a good thing to possess. I myself have just come into town from the unknown regions., so it could be nice knowing what's been going on lately."

Darriann Sollak
Jan 20th, 2008, 08:17:07 PM
"Some good trades to be had out there, worth the long trips." Darriann said, "Not a whole lot's changed over the past few months. The Rebels have been striking deeper into Imperial space. Last I heard they were fighting on Sarapin and disrupting power distribution."

The waiter returned and set the drinks on the table. Darriann reached for his and took a sip before he continued.

"The big issue in the Outer Rim right now is between the Hutts and Black Sun. There's been an increase of fighting amongst the the Hutts themselves and Black Sun. There's gonna be a conflict in Hutt Space for sure. That's why I'm here, staying out of harms way. That's about all I know going on currently. How long you been gone?"

Alpha
Jan 20th, 2008, 08:25:49 PM
"Closin in on four years," Alpha remarks, taking a pull from his ale. "It's been a long time, but something tells me I'm slowly headed on my way home." He gives Darriann a quick glance over. "You don't look like the type to sit something out when it gets too dangerous, if you don't mind me saying so. The hutts might be nasty, but from what I've heard, Black Sun can make a hell of an employer if you play your cards right. Which side do you think stands to gain the most of this little conflict?"

Alpha's mind was silently overflowing with these facts. He wondered if he might be able to find a clue to what he was really after. Clearing his throat, he begins, "I've heard some things about the Jedi...I guess rumors and ghosts would be the right terms where I've been. Are there any still living...?" He tries to make it sound casual, but inwardly Alpha winces, knowing he probably sounded like a frelling idiot.

Darriann Sollak
Jan 20th, 2008, 08:52:39 PM
"Woah. That's quite a long time out there. You missed the tragic death of Emperor Palpatine over that rock, Endor's moon. Good riddens, I say. Demoralized the Imperials real bad, but the Alliance lost some good folks over that world too." he took another sip, "Since the Imperials lost some backbone the space lanes have been more open to illigal activity, spelling good business for Black Sun. They do pay well I know, I just haven't gotten around to getting a job from 'em yet."

Darriann checked his peripherals before tackling the next bit of conversation. It wouldn't be good for anyone to overhear this.

"I ain't telling you this, got it." He took a long sip, "Rumors have been spreading about Jedi, if you can call 'em that. Sightings of people with light swords decapitating people here and there across the galaxy have come up over the years. Their acts are like nothing similar to the stories I've heard as a child, the guardians of peace and justice bit. These guys are killers, and the Imperials are hunting them down wherever they show up."

Darriann looked around again before taking another swig of ale.

"If you're smart. You'd keep any mention of Jedi or this conversation quiet. This is an Imperial policed state. If they get a tip off, I'm in hot water and so are you. Any other questions?"

Alpha
Jan 20th, 2008, 08:56:59 PM
Alpha nods. "Got it. I don't care too much about the Imperials, but I certainly don't want to get you in trouble. So the Empire is in trouble? Interesting." Draining the last of his ale, Alpha chuckles. "It seems as if this whole galaxy is coming undone and upside down. So where was your last run out from?" He asks, trying to make polite conversation as his mind digests the information.

Jedi killers? Frell. I need to find them, and I need to get answers.

Darriann Sollak
Jan 20th, 2008, 09:09:35 PM
arriann became a bit more interested in the character before him. The guy didn't seem like a runner. He wasn't concerned about Imperials and asking about Jedi. This guy a story for sure.

"The Smuggler's Moon. I crossed a Hutt there, cleaned him outta cash, and came here to lay low." Darriann downed the remainder of his ale, "What about your run in the Unknown Regions, anything interesting to be found out there?"

Alpha
Jan 20th, 2008, 09:24:24 PM
A chuckle escaped Alpha's lips. "Cleaned out a Hutt? Very impressive. When should I be expecting the bounty hunters to come busting through the door?" He quirks an eyebrow. "My travels were....interesting. Ran into a couple scrapes with the Chiss...To be honest, most of those four years is a blur. The real problem is..."

Alpha leans in, making sure no one around him is watching. "I honstly can't remember anything about anything before I found myself in my ship and out beyond the Known Territories. I knew how to pilot and fight, but the only clue I have to who I am is a battered lightsabre, and a stack of credits." Leaning back, he grins. "Not at all what you expected, I'm guessing?"

Darriann Sollak
Jan 21st, 2008, 12:26:15 PM
"Not at all." Darriann said. "Think I need another drink to take that in."

He picked up and waved the empty beverage container before him. The server from before took notice and went to the bar for a replacement.

"Lemme recap. You've been outta the loop for four years in the Unknown Regions. Come back to known space with just a mess of credits, a sword, and have no idea who you are aside from the skills you possess." he flashed a smile, "Well Alpha, I believe it."

The server returned with new drinks for both men and took off with the empty glasses.

"This round is on me." he said before downing half the glass, "What do you plan on doing now?"

Alpha
Jan 21st, 2008, 12:56:25 PM
Alpha looks thoughtfully into his glass before taking out half of it himself. Letting the drink sit on his tongue for a moment he swallows and shrugs. "I don't know. Hell, even Alpha isn't a real name. It was just my status during a...shall we say, vaguely un-lawful smuggling run that was caught by the Chiss. I simply took it because it worked better then not having one at all. I had planned to look through the archives here in the City, catch up fully on what's been going on and maybe seeing if I could find information. But if the subject I'm looking for is as much of a warning flag to the Imps as you let on, that might not be such a good idea."

Leaning back, he chuckles. "Know any good shrinks?"

Mu Satach
Feb 2nd, 2008, 08:13:26 PM
Mu spotted the man she was looking for sitting at a table with a silver haired man. Walking up to the table she over heard the last question.

"Never met one that was any good." she smiled. Then turned to the other, "You Darrian?"

Alpha
Feb 6th, 2008, 11:09:59 AM
Alpha gives a slight smirk to the newcomer. "Don't you know it's impolite to interrupt a conversation?"

Darriann Sollak
Feb 6th, 2008, 03:04:43 PM
Darriann snickered, "My friend here has a bit of a point, although it's my fault for not informing him that I was to be meeting someone. I am Darriann Sollak, and this is Alpha. I take it you're Smitty's chum."

Mu Satach
Feb 6th, 2008, 04:25:28 PM
"Ah yep... Smitty and I go back a bit. Pardon the abrupt intrusion." She rubbed her eyes a bit. "Had a couple of rough nights in here lately. Guess the stims haven't kicked in yet. Name's Mu," She held her hand out and properly introduced her self to both men.

"I'm just checkin in on you fellas to make sure the service is goin' alright and," she turned her head back to Darriann, "to let you know that should you need anything I'm about. Smitty and I have a working arrangement, I take care of his customer's needs while they are in port and he takes care of a few my..." she paused and searched for the right word. <i> Damn I am tired... what do I say now? My smuggling? My fencing of stolen property? My dealings under the radar of the Imperal dog watchers?</i> "personal needs."

Inside she winced, <i>Smooooooth... Ah hell, let them think what they want.</i>

Alpha
Feb 7th, 2008, 08:50:02 AM
Alpha nods. "Name's Alpha. Pardon my own rudeness. I guess I'm a bit jumpy as well." He stands up, and gives Darriann a small bow. "I'll let you get to business. Thanks for the company and it was good to meet you."

Darriann Sollak
Feb 7th, 2008, 10:37:59 AM
Darriann gestured for Mu to take a seat, while at the same time Alpha stood out of his and bade a farewell.

"Same to you." Darriann replied, "Safe travels Alpha. If you're ever in jam send a comm to the Renegade Angel."

Mu Satach
Feb 7th, 2008, 09:11:38 PM
"These days it's not a bad idea to be a bit jumpy." She dropped down into a chair.

Turning in her chair slightly towards Alpha, "Say, you wouldn't happen to be looking to make a little extra cash would you? The headliner here, Lili is looking for someone to find some items for her and with business picking up I don't have time to run about the city. Wouldn't take too long and I'd pay somebody to keep her out of my hair for just a few days."

But Alpha was too far away to hear her. Turning back towards Darriann, "So, Smitty tells me you bought Zippy."

Darriann Sollak
Apr 6th, 2008, 04:48:13 PM
"Yeah I picked that droid up. The thing has a reputation I guess." Darriann said after sipping what was left of his glass. "I've been warned that it's a troublemaker for unlawful types. Wouldn't know anything more about it would you?"