Seattle Seahawks at Green Bay Packers
Jacksonville Jaguars at New England Patriots

Sunday, Jan. 13
San Diego Chargers at Indianapolis Colts
N.Y. Giants at Dallas Cowboys

Miranda Tarkin
Jan 9th, 2008, 08:15:36 PM
Saturday, Jan. 12
Seattle Seahawks at Green Bay Packers (W)
Jacksonville Jaguars at New England Patriots (W)

Sunday, Jan. 13
San Diego Chargers at Indianapolis Colts (W)
N.Y. Giants at Dallas Cowboys (W)

Aurelias Kazaar
Jan 9th, 2008, 08:18:31 PM
Saturday, Jan. 12
Seattle Seahawks at Green Bay Packers W
Jacksonville Jaguars at New England Patriots W

Sunday, Jan. 13
San Diego Chargers at Indianapolis Colts W
N.Y. Giants W at Dallas Cowboys

Figrin D'an
Jan 9th, 2008, 08:52:24 PM
Seattle at Green Bay (W)

I expect the first half will be pretty close, and will probably be more of a defensive game early on, simply because Green Bay's defense will lock down Seattle's passing attack, and I think it's going to take a quarter or so for the Packers offense to get going after the week off. Green Bay will look to establish the run with Grant early on and let Favre and the receivers heat up as the game goes on. In the end, the Packers win because balance on offense prevents the Seattle pass rush from being a dominant factor, and Seattle simply has a bad matchup trying to rely on Hasslebeck to make big plays on Green Bay's very good secondary.

Jacksonville at New England (W)

Jacksonville can run the football, and the Pats have had some issues defending the run at times this year, but unless the Jags can absolutely dominate the time of possession and keep Brady on the sidelines, the Pats will simply outgun the Jags and win going away. This needs to be a grinding, bad weather, low scoring game for Jacksonville to have a chance. If the Pats get any kind of significant lead, I can't see Garard making enough plays to lead his team back. Interesting for the first quarter, then New England enforces their will and runs away with it.

San Diego at Indianapolis (W)

The Chargers did not play anywhere near as well on offense last week as they need to if they expect to beat the Colts. With all due respect to Tennessee, Indy has a better defense than the Titans, and unless Philip Rivers grows up in a hurry and can at least keep the pressure off of Tomlinson, the Colts will dominate this game. After the debacle that Indy experienced earlier in the season out in San Diego when half of their offense was injured, Manning will have his team ready to go. This one will get ugly. Indy wins big.

New York Giants (W) at Dallas

The one upset that happens this weekend. Believe it or not, Eli Manning now has more playoff success than Tony Romo. The Giants used their good performance against New England in the final week of the season (albeit a loss) to give them the confidence to win last week in Tampa. The Giants were arguably the best road team in the NFC (7-1 in the regular season), losing only in Dallas in Week 1. Meanwhile, Dallas had issues as the regular season closed. Romo was inconsistent in two losses in December; Terrell Owens got hurt and, even if he does play this weekend, will not be at full strength; the Cowboy's defense started yielding some big plays; several Cowboy's assistants are reportedly candidates for other jobs around the league. Despite all of this, the Cowboys can win this game as long as they can do two things well... run the ball with Marion Barber, and get pressure on Eli Manning to force turnovers. Dallas has a mental edge in this game, it's a matter of whether or not they can, yet again, make Eli Manning look pedestrian. Best game of the weekend, the Giants get some revenge and win a hard fought game.

Yog
Jan 9th, 2008, 10:02:39 PM
Saturday, Jan. 12

Sunday, Jan. 13

Liam Jinn
Jan 9th, 2008, 10:12:33 PM
Saturday, Jan. 12

Sunday, Jan. 13

Yog
Jan 10th, 2008, 05:35:59 AM
Liam, what's the latest news / rumours on Terrell Owens? Is he going to play or what?

Park Kraken
Jan 10th, 2008, 05:10:09 PM
Saturday, Jan. 12
Jacksonville Jaguars (W) :eek at New England Patriots

Sunday, Jan. 13

Figrin D'an
Jan 10th, 2008, 05:21:49 PM
Liam, what's the latest news / rumours on Terrell Owens? Is he going to play or what?

Last I read, Owens practiced today and while he limped somewhat on the sidelines, he was able to make cuts and run routes well enough. There's no way he'll be at 100% at kickoff, but it looks like he's going to play.

Aurelias Kazaar
Jan 10th, 2008, 05:26:07 PM

Not Liam but...he's expected to play. Cowboys are being coy about it but he's expected to play. He practiced today (Thursday).

Yog
Jan 10th, 2008, 05:30:48 PM
Last I read, Owens practiced today and while he limped somewhat on the sidelines, he was able to make cuts and run routes well enough. There's no way he'll be at 100% at kickoff, but it looks like he's going to play.

Hmm.. that reminds me of superbowl 2004 Eagles / Patriots. Everyone thought he would not be able to play, but went on to have a monster game. It sounds like this injury could limit him more though.

Aurelias Kazaar
Jan 10th, 2008, 11:20:25 PM
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/011108dnspoowens.26ce7dd.html

Terrell Owens isn't allowing any gray area regarding his status for Sunday's NFC divisional playoff game against the New York Giants.

"I'm going to play," the Cowboys receiver told the NFL Network's Deion Sanders, who asked what level Owens will play at.

"At a high level. I'm not worried about nothing," Owens responded before adding his trademark line, "Get your popcorn ready."

Yog
Jan 11th, 2008, 04:54:02 AM
Even if he is not 100%, he is an excellent decoy. You can't single cover him and expect to get away with it.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 11th, 2008, 10:38:39 AM
Saturday, Jan. 12
Seattle Seahawks at Green Bay Packers W
Jacksonville Jaguars at New England Patriots W

Sunday, Jan. 13
San Diego Chargers at Indianapolis Colts W
N.Y. Giants at Dallas Cowboys W

I was trying to find an upset but I can't see one. The only right now that could happen is the Giants but for some reason, I see Eli killing their chances.

Nathanial K'cansce
Jan 11th, 2008, 05:20:34 PM

Sunday, Jan. 13
(W) N.Y. Giants at Dallas Cowboys

Rutabaga
Jan 11th, 2008, 08:52:14 PM
Please do not call for the men in the white coats carrying butterfly nets. I swear to you I have not gone insane. At least not completely insane. If I were completely insane, I would also pick the Giants to beat the Cowpies. But as crazy as I am, I also have to be somewhat realistic. :\

Saturday, Jan. 12
Jacksonville Jaguars (W) at New England Patriots

Sunday, Jan. 13
San Diego Chargers (W) at Indianapolis Colts

Yog
Jan 12th, 2008, 03:37:41 AM
:: calls for the men in the white coats carrying butterfly nets ::

:p

jjwr
Jan 12th, 2008, 09:15:16 AM
Seattle Seahawks(W) at Green Bay Packers
Jacksonville Jaguars at New England Patriots(W)

Sunday, Jan. 13
San Diego Chargers at Indianapolis Colts(W)
N.Y. Giants at Dallas Cowboy(W)

Figrin D'an
Jan 12th, 2008, 11:16:58 PM
Form holds so far.

Green Bay wins in a route after a shaky start that saw them get down by 14 points in the first 4 minutes of the game. Just too much offense for Seattle to try to match.

The Jags gave the Pats a good fight, but ultimately couldn't muster enough plays late in the game to give them a chance. New England gets ready to host another AFC title game, likely against the Colts.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 13th, 2008, 12:33:36 AM
The Jags played a good first half and part of the third quarter. I knew the game was over with when the Pats just started dominating the game mid way through the 3rd quarter. They had the ball most of that quarter.

Yog
Jan 13th, 2008, 12:16:59 PM
Ding-ding-ding! Round 2. Sunday game time :)

Colts game started, and they are in the lead already.

Nathanial K'cansce
Jan 13th, 2008, 12:34:18 PM
Harrison fumbles. The rust shows. :(

Yog
Jan 13th, 2008, 12:39:13 PM
On the bright side, even a rusty Colts team is better than the Chargers.

Figrin D'an
Jan 13th, 2008, 01:05:29 PM
The Chargers are doing a good job of keeping this game close. Their defense is playing pretty well at the moment.

Rivers is actually making some plays too.

Yog
Jan 13th, 2008, 01:29:25 PM
Manning intercepted.. -sigh-

I expect the Colts to show up a little more in the second half.

Figrin D'an
Jan 13th, 2008, 01:31:52 PM
What a monster call against San Diego to end the half. The Colts got lucky big time.

Yog
Jan 13th, 2008, 01:52:51 PM
And now Chargers is in the lead..

Edit: And the ball is tipped, and Manning's throw is intercepted at the 2 yard line. Again! I can't believe this.

Wow... one handed catch.

Manning is just shaking his head at the sideline now.

Edit2: New drive.. that looks like a TD by Wayne to me?

And it's a TD!!! Nothing touched the ground before the ball crossed the line.

Yog
Jan 13th, 2008, 02:23:18 PM
Ahhhh... what a run by Sproles.

jjwr
Jan 13th, 2008, 02:29:03 PM
hmmm....Colts down in the 4th quarter and the refs give them a gift Pass Interference call. At least now the Chargers fans know what the Pats fans were feeling last time they played.

Yog
Jan 13th, 2008, 02:38:23 PM
This game is pretty rough. Addai, Tomlinson and Rivers all out for the moment.

Edit: Gonzaaaaaaalez!

Edit2: What a dramatic game! Now Chargers in the lead with 4 minutes to go.

jjwr
Jan 13th, 2008, 02:58:16 PM
Lets go Chargers! Up by 4 with just under 5 to go....

Yog
Jan 13th, 2008, 02:59:25 PM
Manning needs a great drive now.

Yog
Jan 13th, 2008, 03:10:33 PM
Chargers very close to pull a monster upset now.

You might as well serve the superbowl trophy to the Patriots on a silver platter... -sigh-

Edit: 66 yard punt by the Chargers.. ouch. Manning got one last chance, and 1 minute to do it.

Edit: Ouuuuuchhh. Colts knocked out off the playoffs.

Patriots must be very pleased to face a beat up Chargers team.

Park Kraken
Jan 13th, 2008, 03:18:59 PM
It is a no-go. The Chargers pull off the upset win. And with the Colts out of the playoffs, right now I think the Packers have the best chance of beating the Patriots.

Figrin D'an
Jan 13th, 2008, 03:22:19 PM
You might as well serve the superbowl trophy to the Patriots on a silver platter... -sigh-

Don't buy into the media hype that Indy was the only team that could challenge New England. There are some pretty darn good teams left that will have something to say about where the Lombardi Trophy ends up.

That said.... this was, by far, the least likely upset of the weekend. Most people, including me, had the Colts as a lock in this one. Give credit to San Diego for making big plays when they needed to, and for guys stepping up when both Rivers and Tomlinson had to leave the game.

Yog
Jan 13th, 2008, 03:26:00 PM
Hey, I was the one arguing last week why Chargers are underrated. I am not THAT shocked, but I seriously doubt they can beat the Patriots, unfortunately. They played a great game, no doubt. They deserve the kudos for putting up the fight, but I think it ends there.

Rutabaga
Jan 13th, 2008, 03:28:14 PM
Hey now, I ended up not being that crazy for my picks, eh? ;)

That was a painful game to watch in many ways, since I love both the Chargers and the Colts. But my ultimate loyalty, without a doubt, lies with the Chargers. So I am totally and completely stoked right now. :dance

I hope LT's knee is better for next weekend...and I also hope that Phillip Rivers can keep his mouth shut and just get the dang job done. Call me crazy (again), but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my Chargers can end New England's perfect season!

And even if it all ends next weekend, just the fact that the Chargers made it to the AFC championship game, after the HORRIBLE start to the season they had, I'll still be a very happy camper. :)

Yog
Jan 13th, 2008, 03:41:01 PM
... and now for the next highlight of the night, it's Giants - Cowboys!

Figrin D'an
Jan 13th, 2008, 03:43:59 PM
And even if it all ends next weekend, just the fact that the Chargers made it to the AFC championship game, after the HORRIBLE start to the season they had, I'll still be a very happy camper. :)

If nothing else, it makes dumping Marty Schottenheimer for Norv Turner look like a positive move.

San Diego needs to hope that Rivers and LT only have minor injuries that won't hold them back next week. They have to be at full strength if they are going to have a shot at New England.

Yog
Jan 13th, 2008, 03:51:07 PM
I felt Colts lost the game in that next to last drive. They made 10 yard gains like a clockwork, they were 2 and 5, and Manning suddenly for some mysterious reason starts throwing deep. It's only 5 yards. You did not have to push for the endzone quite yet, you're only making it harder on yourself. Try and stay cool and get that first down.

Yog
Jan 13th, 2008, 04:12:27 PM
So far, the Giants actually played better.

Edit: Now Cowboys are playing some football. Very nice of Barber.

Edit2: Woohoo... TO! I knew it! Whenever they say he is less than 100%, it is time to be worried.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 13th, 2008, 05:57:30 PM
I was shocked to see the Chargers win. I thought it was a possible upset but I was sure not willing to give them a chance. I am not sure what chance the Chargers have in New England. The Patirots rouged them up there earlier this year. That was a long time ago though. I guess it depends on how banged up the Chargers are going into that game. Great game in Dallas right now.

Edit 1
21-17 Giants, Giants playing great right now, althought their secondary is hanging by a thread.

Edit 2
Cowboys going backwards right now. They are just self distructing on this drive. Not throwing the ball out bounds when he is out of the pocket and then throwing it out of bounds in the pocket and then other stupid pentalies. Things don't look good right now.

Figrin D'an
Jan 13th, 2008, 06:41:03 PM
Looks like one final possession for Dallas with 2 minutes to go. Romo has somewhat lost his composure; if he doesn't calm down and make good reads, Dallas will be done for.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 13th, 2008, 06:45:48 PM
30 seconds left this has been a great game.

Figrin D'an
Jan 13th, 2008, 06:49:27 PM
Ball game. Giants head to Green Bay for the NFC title game.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 13th, 2008, 06:50:05 PM
Giants played great defense in that 4th quarter.

Rutabaga
Jan 13th, 2008, 07:04:39 PM
Dang, I wish I'd had the guts to go full-on crazy and pick the Giants to beat the Cowpies, argh!!!! :shakefist

But at least now my nightmare Super Bowl of Patriots vs. Cowpies is not destined to be...aw, what a shame. *koff koff* ;)

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 13th, 2008, 07:06:15 PM
I think it will be Packers and Patriots right now.

Figrin D'an
Jan 13th, 2008, 07:08:08 PM
Here's a fun stat:

Under the current playoff format, NFC #1 seeds were undefeated in the Divisional round (ie, they would always at least to the NFC Championship Game). Until today.

Part of me really wanted Green Bay to get another shot at Dallas, because I firmly believed that Green Bay would have been the better team heading into that match up. But, the Packers getting to play for NFC title at Lambeau is a nice consolation prize.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 13th, 2008, 07:11:43 PM
I agree that is a great prize. A home game for the packers is huge in Janurary.

Yog
Jan 13th, 2008, 07:35:29 PM
I think the SB will be Packers - Patriots.

jjwr
Jan 13th, 2008, 07:39:18 PM
Oddly enough the two big match-ups everyone was hoping for have been spoiled, Colts vs Pats round 2 and Packers vs Cowboys round 2 are both gone. Now most will assume the Pats & Packers are in the SB...should be fun to see!

Honestly I want the SB rematch, Pats need to avenge that loss from back in '96

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 13th, 2008, 07:43:52 PM
I don't think the Giants can win in GB and the Chargers may be too banged up to compete with the Pats.

Rutabaga
Jan 14th, 2008, 08:09:49 AM
Holy crap, Terrell Owens cried?

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb164/Rutabaga64/toboohoo.jpg

Cry me a river, dude. :rolleyes

Yog
Jan 14th, 2008, 08:24:52 AM
Personally, I got a lot more respect of TO this season. No stupid antics, just playing football and support his team. It's no longer "me me me". He seemed to have matured a lot:

If there is a good development from Dallas' loss, it's that the players seemed to rally together. In particular, wide receiver Terrell Owens showed great support of Romo. This is the same Owens who once trashed teammate and quarterback Donovan McNabb and before that ripped his coaches in San Francisco.

"This isn't about Tony," Owens said. "You guys can point the finger at him. You can talk about the vacations. And if you do that, it's wrong. It's not fair. It's really not fair. That's my teammate. That's my quarterback. If you guys do that, it's not fair. We lost as a team."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-giantswin011308&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Rutabaga
Jan 14th, 2008, 07:15:29 PM
I will admit that TO does seem to be happier this year, so he's not quite as big a butthole as he's been in the past, but to me he's still a butthole. So no sympathy here from me. I'm just a mean old goat. :evil

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 15th, 2008, 11:05:47 PM
Division Weekend
Miranda Tarkin: 2-2 (6-2)
Aurelias Kazaar: 3-1 (5-3)
Nathanial K'cansce: 3-1 (6-2)
jjwr: 1-3 (5-3)
Rutabaga: 2-2 (4-4)
Jedi Master Carr: 2-2 (4-4)
Yog: 2-2 (5-3)
Liam Jinn 2-2 (6-2)
Jedieb (0-0) 3-1
Figrin D'an 3-1 (7-1)
Park Kracken 1-3 (3-5)

Season Totals through week Division weekend
Yog (183-81)
jjwr (180-84)
Nathanial K'cansce (175-89)
Jedi Master Carr (170-94)
Kale (162-94)
Aurelias Kazaar (165-99)
Rutabaga (159-105)
Liam Jinn (159-89)
Miranda Tarkin (159-105)
Jedieb (150-80)
Park Kraken (147-94)
Ryan Pode (86-81)
JMK (84-46)
Lilaena De'Ville (62-38)

As always check your picks.

Nathanial K'cansce
Jan 16th, 2008, 05:34:11 AM
I think Figgy has an extra game.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 16th, 2008, 05:46:55 PM
I think Figgy has an extra game.

Yeah he only has one loss not sure why I gave him two. He picked great for the first 4 games.