PDA

View Full Version : Read Between the Lines

Nikoleta
Jan 9th, 2008, 10:08:23 AM
It was one of those odd weather days in Chicago. For some unexplainable reason, the Chicagoland area often had dramatic changes in the weather, and we're not talking about just the temperature. Sometimes it would snow, rain, and then snow again just before the sun came out to melt everything away. It was rather mind boggling.

So here it was, early January and it was 63 degrees. A wonderful Spring day when it should be Winter! Of course last week, the temperature was 9 degrees and horribly freezing. Many cars had frozen shut unless you had a garage.

Nikoleta enjoyed this amazing afternoon at the Lake Side Cafe. She was picking at her salad while looking over the Chicago Tribune. She glanced over the world news, more interested in the local but nothing out of the ordinary caught her attention. Mason was still in hiding.

Then she turned to the sports section. American football fascinated her and was a guilty pleasure. It was not an elegant sport, nor did it require the stamina as futbol, or soccer as it was called here in the States, but there was strategy involved that reminded her of how countries used to wage war; facing each other out in the open. Whoever had the better strategy in using the land their troops often won. That was somewhat mirrored in football (minus the death), at least in her eyes. Methos would probably laugh at her analogy but appreciate the comparison.

The Bears were out of the playoffs, and with the home team out of the hunt for the championship, she had to find some other team to root for. The Packers would get her flogged, as would the Colts. Perhaps the Patriots?

"What the?" She was left scratching her head after reading the Divisional Play offs article. It said that the story continued on page 12D, the Lonely Hearts section. That made absolutely no sense and it made her cautious. She didn't feel the familiar buzz that an Immortal was nearby, but that didn't mean someone wanted to play a trick on her.

She looked around and didn't see anything out of the ordinary. Maybe it was some stupid reality TV show gag, but it was more then likely a bad misprint. Regardless, she turned to the page to get the rest of the story on the off chance that something may be there.

Rod Stafford
Jan 9th, 2008, 10:22:11 AM
In the Loneliness Hearts section, nothing seemed out of the ordinary. Nikoleta scanned the page, unsuprised to find the continuation of the play-offs article absent; no doubt it had been a lazy misprint. Yet just when she was about to turn close the newspaper, an advertisment caught her eye:

Old Orion seeks Greek Goddess
for a magical reunion beneath the stars.
Turn to Page XXVII.

Nikoleta
Jan 9th, 2008, 10:35:52 AM
Nikoleta's eyes lit up and she laughed so abruptly that the table next to her looked at her with a mixture of annoyance and confusion.

She shrugged her shoulders and grinned like a school girl that got caught talking in class. "Sorry!"

Why this ad had tickled her so is because it was a secret message from a former lover that she had met in Greece. Since flying became available, Nikoleta returned to Greece during the month of her first death. It was a tradition she adopted to remember her roots, and it was this past visit that she had met a Mage by the name of Rod. It was wonderful that she could be up front about what she was and be honest. Utterly refreshing, but Rod was special. He wasn't your typical Mage. He was someone thrown out of his time period who landed in the 21th century. They had so many things to talk about and his innocence was charming, even if it were a dorkish sort of way. They had spent almost the entire month of July together until she had to return home. She mentioned to look her up if he'd ever passed through Chicago.

Old Orion was his secret name and Greek Goddess was just him being sweet. She turned to page 27 and saw a picture of the Alder Planetarium. Peering closer to the page, she saw writing on it.

9 o'clock, with hope, O

Seems she had a date tonight ...

Rod Stafford
Jan 9th, 2008, 11:54:14 AM
It was nearly nine and Rod's palms were sweaty. He sat hunched over a small crackling fire, its flames whipped by a light evening breeze, he gazed beyond the orange glow at the twinkling Chicago skyline across the harbor. Perhaps she was over there somewhere; maybe she was with someone, sharing a romantic meal in a fancy restraunt, or enjoying an evening stroll hand in hand with a handsome man, laughing together, or even lying close to her lover, feeling his hands on her smooth bare skin and breathing on his neck. He had waited too long. Rod threw a stone into the slick, rippling water, it sent a sparkling shower into the air. Could she ever be coming to him?

Around the burning fire he'd assembled an assortment of items. First, a blanket he'd laid over the crisp grass, upon which sat himself, an open bottle of wine and two empty glasses. He'd dismissed bringing music as too tacky but now he longed for something to break the silence. Somewhere on the other side of the harbor, he heard small sail boats bobbing and creaking. He suddenly felt alone and exposed. Behind him, the planetarium loomed, its great dome framed against a blanket of glittering night sky. His eyes panned all around for movement. There was none and then he felt a sinking feeling. It sank all the way down through his chest, his heart pounded, his eyes darted this way and that. The feeling sunk lower, his stomach turned, and lower. His pulse raced and he rubbed his sweaty hands. It was hopeless. He had to go.

"Damn it!"

He suddenly took off, abandoning his romantic little camp to race across the grass, past the rustling trees, and beyond the horizon until he found a place to stop behind the planetarium itself. Gasping for breath, he took one cautionary glance to the left and right, and closed in on the wall. There was a sharp zip then a crunching and splashing sound akin to pouring a large jug of water into the grass. He sighed happily with relief.

"Ahhh!"

Nikoleta
Jan 9th, 2008, 12:16:49 PM
The gorgeous weather continued on into the evening, so she drove with the top down of her silver Z4 Roadster. Brown hair whipped against the chilled night air and made her cheeks turn rosy, but it was refreshing. It reminded her of the chilled breezes the Ionian sea carried inland.

She pulled into a parking space and straightened her hair, not wanting the wind blown look for tonight. The rest of her was dressed simple but elegant. The blouse she wore was midnight blue, loose and comfortable underneath the black leather jacket with slacks that matched her cavort pumps. She tightened her hair into a braid and locked down her car ... And smelled smoke?

"Oh no ..." It had to be Rod. Only Rod would be foolish enough to light a fire on city property. This wasn't Greece where you could do those sorts of things on the beach without worrying that someone was going to call the fire department.

Once passed the Planetarium proper, she saw the small fire crackling next to a blanket. Yet no Rod.

Now she was wondering if something had happened to him and scanned the area for anything unfriendly. Maybe that message was a trap after all. Her hand slipped under the back of her jacket and grabbed the hilt of her sword to be ready ...

Rod Stafford
Jan 9th, 2008, 12:38:47 PM
His business done, Rod retreated the scene of the crime to return to his camp. Through the few trees in his way, he saw someone standing near the fire and by the dark curves he could make out, it was a woman. He felt his heart skip a beat and then it thumped like mad. Slowly, he weaved his way through the trees, her back was to him but it was her, he was certain. He could never forget her.

He smiled, then vanished. Light and colour wrapped itself around him and he crept forward, the sound of crunching grass diminished until it couldn't be heard over the sound of the sloshing harbour or the crackling fire. He was close now. Close enough to smell her. And for a moment, he watched her. She looked radiant by the glow of the moon and the fire. He stood in awe of her. Then he regained his composure, circled her, and settled carefully onto the blanket. Her back was now to him and feeling quite pleased with himself, he ceased his trickery and picked up the wine bottle and glass. His voice was masculine and smooth. He was James Bond.

"Good evening, Nikoleta."

Nikoleta
Jan 9th, 2008, 08:50:04 PM
For one moment, Nikoleta was by herself with only the soft crashes of lake Michigan riding the air. In the next, someone had snuck up behind her. She was so tense and riding high on adrenaline that she failed to recognize the voice. All she knew is that someone got the drop on her, and it could have been one of Mason's religious fanatics.

It was at 'Good' that Nikoleta was already on the move, turning around and pulling out her broadsword. At 'Evening', her 'attacker' could see a glint of metal shining in the moonlight. By 'Nikoleta', the blade of the German broadsword was pointed an inch away from his nose...

Rod Stafford
Jan 9th, 2008, 09:56:16 PM
"Jesus, Joseph, and bleedin' Mary with a goblin up her skirt!"

Had he been in a seat he would've truly leapt out of it. The empty glass went first, followed by the wine, which emptied its contents onto the picnic blanket. He threw himself away from the sword's gleaming tip and stared at it like he'd never seen one before. He looked up, saw Nikoleta's face, and felt something soaking through his jeans - he hoped and prayed it was wine. He dared not move another inch.

"Is everything... alright?"

Nikoleta
Jan 9th, 2008, 10:04:25 PM
Her eyes were ablaze with an intensity that could melt steel in expectation that a gun wielding zealot was waiting for her. But it was an utterly terrified wine soaked Rod that had turned several shades paler then natural.

It wasn't a trap. There wasn't an Immortal that wanted her head. No crazy Vampires or Werewolves that wanted to take her out. It really was just Rod.

Instantly her eyes softened and she felt terrible. Her face fell into a helpless frown. "Yes everything is fine ... I ... aah ..."

The blanket was ruined. His jeans were ruined. The night was probably ruined because she had a twitchy sword hand.

"Gods! I'm sorry. I thought you were someone trying to kill me."

Rod Stafford
Jan 9th, 2008, 10:17:37 PM
"Yes," he said weakly, gazing at her sword, "I know how you feel."

He swallowed, and sat upright. He felt a sudden warmth in his face and tried to wrestle off his shame. The wine still glugged out of the bottle, he scrambled forward and turned it upright. There was still enough for two. The corner of his mouth twitched into a grin. He climbed to his feet and stood still for a moment, staring at Nikoleta. After a moment's silence, he spoke.

"It's good to see you."

Nikoleta
Jan 9th, 2008, 10:35:38 PM
Her sword! His eyes were fixated upon it! She quickly sheathed it since there was no need to have it drawn any longer. Rod's nerves needing calming too and having a sharp pointed object directed at him wasn't going to help him regain some composure.

She winced as he scrambled to save the wine. It was a red one of some sort so it would stain horribly. So yes, his jeans and blanket were ruined.

Damn, she cursed mentally. This was not the reunion the Immortal had hoped for.

Yet when Rod stared at her, any worries she had that he was angry simply melted away. He looked at her like the first time they had met in Greece ... Well, that wasn't entirely true. Rod was utterly confused because he didn't understand the tradition of plate breaking and was inadvertently harassing the staff. Nikoleta came to his rescue and afterwards, shared a cup of tea together. That was when he started to become enamored with her ...

"It's good to see you too, Rod." She smiled and stepped closer to take a hand in her own. "I wasn't sure if I would again."

Rod Stafford
Jan 10th, 2008, 08:32:04 PM
Her skin was soft like silk, there were some callous spots on her palm from swordplay, and immediatly, Rod was back in Greece when he held her hand for the first time on the beach. His fingers explored her hand, he remembered her touch and her contours, and his hand slid slowly up her arm. He moved in close. Their bodies were almost touching, and her eyes enveloped him. He leaned in, and paused to feel her warm sweet breath on his lips. She was no mage but she had him under her spell. He kissed her.

Nikoleta
Jan 11th, 2008, 10:18:06 AM
His kiss was uncertain, but it had been six months since they last shared one. She could sense that Rod wanted to revel at the moment their lips touched and obliged with pleasure. Her arms slid across his waist, tightening the embrace further and was also taken back to Greece.

... the sand was wet and coarse between her toes as they walked hand in hand down the beach. Salty air tickled their noses as the waves came crashing down over and over from the Aegean Sea. It was a full moon that dominated the sky that night ...

Just like tonight ...

Rod Stafford
Jan 13th, 2008, 09:20:41 AM
Her mouth was like velvet strawberries. Rod saw with his hands; her arched back, her slender neck, her meandering locks, her rose cheeks. He didn't fumble, his hands roamed with the certainty of a man who'd planned this moment long in advance. Her chest heaved against his, amidst the smacking and the panting, he whispered.

"I've missed you."

Nikoleta
Jan 13th, 2008, 01:28:44 PM
Rod's passion had not diminished since the last moment they were together. It only continued to burn and build in fervor with each day since they parted.

Breathless, her forehead rested against Rod's and held him tightly. Throughout the years, Nikoleta had only fallen in love six times and married them. Now she was bordering on a seventh.

"I've missed you too."

Rod Stafford
Jan 13th, 2008, 02:08:15 PM
When he heard those words, Rod smiled with quiet joy. He sunk into a brief kiss then was content to remain still, pressed against Nikoleta, lost in her eyes. The cool wind blew strands of her hair onto his cheek, he caught its scent; rich and alluring. Everything about her was rich and alluring. Slowly, his senses returned despite her incandescent beauty; the glow of the fire, the creaking of the boats, the wine on his pants.

"I wasn't sure you'd get my message," he confessed.

He took her hand in his.

"I wasn't sure you'd come."

Nikoleta
Jan 13th, 2008, 04:13:28 PM
"Why didn't you'd think I'd come?" she asked candidly and squeezed his hand. When they had been pressed together tightly in the embrace, Nikoleta had felt his heart quicken against her chest; beating like a drummer gone mad with inspiration.

Rod's face had reddened from the blood rush. His cheek warm to the touch as she stroked it. "I told you I'd be here if you came looking."

Rod Stafford
Jan 13th, 2008, 04:45:11 PM
"You did," he said, nodding.

He avoided the question, and remained in a subdued state of content, staring at her. The last thing he wanted to do was confess his insecurities. The last thing he wanted to do was to confess how everything made sense when she with him. His hands fell to her hips.

"And here I am."

His face fell into her shoulder. He took in her smell, the scent bringing myriad memories to mind, and he kissed her neck. He moved slowly upwards and gently bit her ear lobe. He felt her body surge and smiled.

"Where have I been all of your life?"

Nikoleta
Jan 13th, 2008, 06:28:17 PM
"Waiting," she answered, her voice as sweet as honey. "Waiting for the right time and place for our souls to meet."

A shiver ran down from the nap of her neck to the tips of her toes. Gods! She missed that feeling of desire erupting inside her within a warm bed, while the cool breeze from the sea gently passed over their glowing forms ...

"Everything happens for a reason."

Rod Stafford
Jan 13th, 2008, 07:08:58 PM
"I'll take your word for it," he said with a grin.

The words she spoke made him do cartwheels inside. The touch of her skin made him want to do all kinds of things, but she was a lady and he, so he told himself, was a gentleman. Their lips met for a fleeting moment. Behind him, the soggy red stain on the carpet suddenly dried out.

"Wine?"

Nikoleta
Jan 13th, 2008, 07:23:07 PM
Well that certainly tickled his fancy. She was pleased by that, but it didn't take much to do that. But he was far more sure of himself then their last time together, especially by how he touched and kissed her. His uncertainly had mostly vanished by this point, and a more collected and cool Rod was inviting her to wine. But deep inside him, Nikoleta wagered he was still insecure.

"Well," She began, frowning down at the dried out blanket and fire still crackling in the night, "Why don't you bring what's left and we'll go to my place."

Her face return to his smiling one, but had turned a bit surprised at her suggestion. She explained. "Lighting fires near museums is a bit of crime."

Rod Stafford
Jan 15th, 2008, 09:32:25 AM
Nikoleta's face suddenly changed. Rod turned and saw what had caused her concern. As if to emphasise her point, a patrolling police car had rolled around the corner onto the road leading up to the planetarium. They broke their embrace, he gathered up the blanket and used it to extinguish the fire while Nikoleta snatched up the wine and glasses.

When he pulled the blanket away a thick cloud of smoke puffed into the air. He turned to Nikoleta breathless, his face stained black in places, he smiled.

"Your place?"

Nikoleta
Jan 15th, 2008, 05:17:30 PM
She laughed at his appearance, "You look like a chimney sweeper, but yes my place! Hurry!" Nikoleta quickly grabbed his elbow and raced across the lawn with Road in tow like scared teenagers afraid to be caught in the act!

The Immortal half tossed Rod against the Roadster and unlocked the doors, shoving the wine and glasses behind her seat.

"Get in quick!" She turned the engine over and saw in the rear view mirror that the Cop hadn't made it close enough to see them yet. The lights stayed off as she pulled out of the parking lot and onto the main street, before turning onto Lake Shore Drive, affectionately know as 'LSD' for short.

With the coast clear, head lights were switched on and they cruised down the Outer drive at a cool 65mph with the hood down.

Rod Stafford
Jan 15th, 2008, 06:17:42 PM
Rod caught glimpses of his sooted face in the rear view mirror. He rubbed at the dirty spots with the sleeve of his shirt until he was content he was clean. They had picked up speed and the dazzling city closed in on them. He enjoyed the feel of the rushing night air and the feeling of narrowly avoiding getting into a tangle with the police. He smirked.

"Maybe we should'nt have taken off in such a hurry."

He placed his hand on her inner thigh and he caught her eye.

"We could've borrowed his handcuffs."

Nikoleta
Jan 16th, 2008, 02:49:02 PM
"Rod!" She exclaimed, her foot pressing down the pedal faster in shock! "I never would have expected that from you."

The Immortal took him under scrutiny as they took the exit towards her penthouse. "What has my Rod been up to since we parted, hmm?"

Rod Stafford
Jan 19th, 2008, 03:55:43 PM
"Rome, Paris, Moscow, Cairo, Honk Kong, New Dehli and New York. Then I finally came back to Chicago, where I have friends, and got myself a job and a place of my own."

He leaned across and nuzzled her neck, he spoke softly.

"And I've been chasing the ladies off ever since."

Nikoleta
Jan 19th, 2008, 04:06:53 PM
"You've been very busy." She grinned widely and took a moment to relish in the gentle touch of pleasure that was given. Even with minimal traffic, she wanted to avoid and accident.

She pulled into an underground parking lot and pulled into her reserved space. The engine purred softly before shutting down and Nikoleta placed an arm behind Rod. "Then you waited for me?" she asked for clarification. The Immortal was keen at reading people, but she wanted to make no assumptions regarding Rod's feelings. "All this time and you waited for me ..."

Rod Stafford
Jan 19th, 2008, 04:17:31 PM
"Not so much waited for you," he began, his eyes evaded hers and he spoke frankly.

"More like spent the last three weeks plucking up the courage to get in touch."

He looked up again and grinned.

Nikoleta
Jan 19th, 2008, 04:23:24 PM
"Fair enough," she replied, her voice deep and sultry. Her fingers swept through his hair softly before kissing him. "I'm glad you did."

Rod Stafford
Jan 21st, 2008, 07:56:58 PM
"Me too," he said, and returned the kiss.

His hands began to wander when another car pulled into the parking lot, the sharp glare of headlights splashed their long shadows against grey walls. Their privacy lost, Rod pulled away and with a smirk, climbed out of the car. Nikoleta followed suit, except by the time she had closed the door behind her, Rod's hands had settled on her hips and he pulled her close. Their lips met once more and when they broke, he smiled like a schoolboy privy to a mischievous secret.

"Coffee?"

His hand slipped into hers and he pulled her away from the car.

Nikoleta
Jan 22nd, 2008, 05:59:10 PM
Nikoleta bit her lip and eyed him with devious intentions as she turned leader and guided him towards the elevator ...

... Reaching the top of the five story building, the doors parted and Nikoleta left a disheveled Rod waiting inside the elevator as she opened the door to her penthouse.

She keyed in a code to turn off the alarm system and turned around with a wink. "I'll start the coffee."

Rod Stafford
Jan 22nd, 2008, 06:43:58 PM
"It's already started."

Rod swooped down on Nikoleta, and scooped her up in his arms. Her warm fingertips caressed his face, one of his hands slid down her back and below her waistline, she gasped and bit his lip. Heaving, he carried her beyond the threshold, kicked the door shut behind him and her shoes fell to the floor. They tumbled into the living room; lips smacked, soft moans escaped, and the candles flickered to life all around. His jacket had been discarded somewhere in the corridor and her blouse was open, revealing a bra of black lace and a stunning mid-riff. His eyes were fixed fiercely upon her.

"Nice place you've got," he grunted.

They crashed onto a rug and beside them, the fireplace errupted into dancing flame, filling the room with a warm orange glow.

Nikoleta
Jan 23rd, 2008, 03:09:46 PM
Six months of time was only a small blip on the radar for one of Nikoleta's ancient status. She hadn't changed even the slightest since meeting Rod in Greece, but him!

At the core, Rod was still socially inept, as evident by making that fire, but he was able to find his confidence. Not to mention the ability to be quite smooth. Lighting the fireplace was a nice touch.

She fell on top of him, and Rod expertly removed her blouse before his lips were crushed again. Breathless from the affections, her lips crooked into a smile before diving below his neck. Teeth nipped at his exposed flesh, while hands grabbed at either side of his shirt and ripped it open. Buttons popped into the air and bounced against the hardwood floor before rolling to a stop.

Rod Stafford
Jan 24th, 2008, 03:25:09 PM
Rod grinned in spite of himself. A flick of his finger and her bra strap unhooked. Nikoleta gave him a look of suprise and he gently turned her over, the black lace slipped effortlessly from her arms and crumpled delicately amongst the buttons. He laid her on the rug, leaned in close and pressed his lips against her bare shoulder. Her hands deftly slipped the shirt from his back.

"I almost forgot how soft you are," he said on a breath, "And tasty."

He gave her a devilish look and took her hands in his. Tenderly, he pinned her arms against the floor. He tasted her lips first then ran the tip of his tongue steadily down her middle until he was past her belly button. His hands slid slowly from her fingers, along her arms, down her sides and when they reached her hips, her slacks slipped away with the faint hiss of shifting fabric.

Nikoleta
Jan 24th, 2008, 06:04:31 PM
The Immortal's moan was soft and sensual, escaping through her nose first before the crescendo reached her mouth sharply! She rolled over onto hands and knees, cupping Rod's chin and forced him to stand as she did.

"And I forgot how amazing your hands were," she purred and licked the tip of his nose. With Nikoleta guiding Rod towards the bedroom, they stumbled and smacked against walls, knocking into tables, tipping over chairs as clothing continued to be discarded and hands roamed along each others bodies. Hands groped and fondled, hair was tussled around while lips sought the others in earnest.

Fiercely pressed into one another, they rolled into the doorway that led into her bedroom. The door slammed shut behind them so forcefully that the pictures nearest were knocked off center.

Rod Stafford
Jan 24th, 2008, 06:44:33 PM
Sunlight streamed in through the open windows and stung Rod's heavy eyes when he woke. He stirred slowly, and once free of Nikoleta's arm, rubbed his face. The clock on the bedside cabinet read half past three. He slid out of bed and looked around for his underpants.

When he found them, he whipped them off the bedpost and slipped a leg in. He paused. After taking his leg back out, he held his underpants aloft and grimaced. A fresh ray of sunlight blinded him through a crude hole where the crotch of his pants should've been. He grunted and cast them to the ground. Quietly, he left for the bathroom, making sure he didn't step on the scissors.

Nikoleta
Jan 26th, 2008, 12:05:00 PM
She groaned, not wanting it to be morning. Her and Rod had been at it well into the night and all throughout the apartment. How they actually made it back to the bedroom to sleep, Nikoleta honestly couldn't remember.

One green eye peeked opened and quickly snapped to attention. It was 3:30pm?! That jolted her awake and was now upright in bed with a thin black sheet covering her. She stretched, her body screaming in protest as she arched her back. The last time her body felt like this was back in 1509 when she was dragged three miles by horse to where she was to be hung until dead as punishment for impersonating a man in the English Army.

That had, to put it simply, sucked.

Rolling out of bed, Nikoleta tightened the sheet around her like a toga, and walked out of the bedroom. Along the way to the kitchen, she tidied up. Straightening pictures, putting chairs upright and shoving clothes to the side with her feet.

"Oh hell!" She pouted at a big marshmallow fluff stain on her hardwood floor. She collected the container and turned off the chocolate fountain before disappearing into the kitchen.

Rod Stafford
Jan 26th, 2008, 12:40:47 PM
The tiled bathroom floor was icy on his bare feet so he hopped haphazardly from foot to foot until he reached the toilet. He sighed with the release, his head rolled back and he shivered. Still feeling a little groggy, he turned to the sink and splashed his face with cold water. He shook it off like a dog and stood upright. His naked self stared back at him in the wall-encompasing mirror and he froze. There was something written on his chest:

HCTIB YM

He pressed a finger to it, it was lipstick, deep scarlet. It smudged easily enough. He frowned and lathered a coarse flannel with soap.

Nikoleta
Jan 26th, 2008, 02:19:24 PM
She threw out three empty bottles of wine, an empty carton of strawberries and a can of whip cream while fresh orange juice was being made. The fridge was a disaster and Nikoleta slammed it shut immediately after taking a peek. Everything was tossed around as if a bunch of monkeys had been let loose in there. The freezer was no better and splotches of ice cream were everywhere!

Rod Stafford
Jan 26th, 2008, 02:27:14 PM
Once his chest was free of lipstick, Rod dried off with a damp towell and plodded into the corridor. He could hear someone pottering about in the kitchen and assumed Nikoleta was awake; he felt a pinch of guilt for the state to which her home had been reduced. There was a high-pitched squeak and Rod stumbled forward into the bedroom. He turned around and looked down to find a curiously shaped rubber duck lying on the floor. He smirked and kicked it into the bathroom.

Nikoleta
Jan 26th, 2008, 02:38:44 PM
The erratic slurping noise told Nikoleta that the juice was done. She poured two glasses, each with two ice cubes and padded into the living room. Along the far wall against the balcony doors, her passion vine was happily climbing up and over the blinds. Caught between the leaves was a blindfold and silk rope.

She sat down on the couch and startled herself. Book binding tried to ride up her rear! Nikoleta removed it from the cushions and laughed. The Karma Sutra was opened up to the Dolita position. Several positions had been tagged green for completed and yellow for something to try for next time. There were even post-it notes scattered throughout with Nikoleta's thoughts on how to improve the quality of them.

Rod Stafford
Jan 26th, 2008, 03:04:15 PM
Rod slipped into his jeans. Before he left the bedroom, he sniffed his armpits, gave himself a satisfied nod, and strolled out. A trail of dried wax droplets led him into the living room where he found Nikolea curled up on the couch. Light danced on her skin. They stared at each other in a moment of content silence then he crossed the room. On the coffee table, next to a pile of magazines, sat a riding crop. Rod picked it up with apprehension and examined it.

"Well, this explains the walk."

It fell from his fingers back onto the table. He slipped onto the couch and put his arm around her. They shared a kiss.

"Sleep well?"

Nikoleta
Jan 28th, 2008, 05:24:01 PM
"Mmmm..." His kiss tasted sweet on her lips, despite the morning breath. Nothing a little orange juice couldn't cure. Of course, it was probably good that he didn't. Minty fresh breath and orange juice tasted like someone was trying to poison you..

"Yes," she said with a grin, putting a glass into his hand. "Like the dead. You?"

Rod Stafford
Jan 29th, 2008, 05:53:18 AM
"If that's how the dead sleep, I'll die a happy man."

The cold orange juice was refreshing. He drank heartily, his eyes took in the apartment properly for the first time. Nikoleta had refined taste like Fiona, something Rod speculated came with age, except she had something of a penchant for the exotic in her decor; which was fitting.

"This really is a nice place," he said, after a moment, "I almost feel guilty for trashing it."

Nikoleta
Jan 29th, 2008, 08:35:29 PM
She had to laugh. "Nothing expensive was damaged, so I wouldn't worry. Anything that is really an antiquity I had safely tucked away in the Vault."

No one actually knew where this Vault was located. Some speculated that it was hidden somewhere in Greece, and that Nikoleta's visits there every year were only a ruse. Still, it remained a mystery as to its location.

Nikoleta was almost considered a boogeyman, or boogeywoman in this case, amongst younger Immortals that have heard of her.

Sway from the path and loose your head!

They were told that after she took your Quickening, the ancient Greek claimed your sword and stored it within the Vault as a memorial to whom she killed. Older Immortals thought the rumor was gibberish nonsense from the younger generations, but they postulated that there were more then a few treasures that could prove to mankind that certain myths were reality. Say the Trojan War perhaps?

Rod Stafford
Jan 30th, 2008, 08:57:49 AM
"The vault," he repeated, amused.

He swirled the remaining orange juice around the inside of its glass. When Fiona spoke of her treasure-trove of amassed wealth and belongings, it had struck Rod as bizarre, and now that he thought of it, it was only to be expected that Nikoleta had her own grand horde stashed away somewhere. It still suprised him and he mused how fortunate he'd been in sharing the company of such exceptional women. He lifted his head and his affectionate gaze fell upon her once more.

"What are you doing here in Chicago?"

Nikoleta
Jan 30th, 2008, 09:40:35 AM
"Three years ago, I passed through here visiting a friend. Along the way, I sensed one of us that hadn't died yet." She finished up her orange juice in one last gulp. "So I moved here: Watching and waiting for the time he would experience his first death."

Her beautiful features were blemished by the thick scowl on her face. "Unfortunately, someone beat me to him."

Rod Stafford
Jan 30th, 2008, 09:50:57 AM
"So, now what?" he asked, supressing his personal feelings.

Nikoleta
Jan 30th, 2008, 09:54:36 AM
"I have business to attend to with a former student of mine," she replied, dark and callous, but Rod couldn't help pick up a twinge of pain in her voice.

Rod Stafford
Jan 30th, 2008, 10:02:48 AM
"It sounds personal," he noted, and with concern, asked, "Will you be alright?"

Nikoleta
Jan 30th, 2008, 10:07:15 AM
"Physically? Yes. Otherwise this is eating me up inside." Her eyes watered but no tears fell. A quick sniff and she was herself again. "It's long and complicated."

A hint of mischief returned to brighten her face and she kissed him. "You helped me to forget my troubles last night and I thank you for that."

Rod Stafford
Jan 30th, 2008, 10:17:56 AM
"I'm here for you if you need to talk."

He took her hand in his, and stroked her skin with his thumb. She nodded but remained silent. He could see that she was holding something back but he wouldn't pry. He wore a poker face.

"And as for last night, you won't be thanking me when the bill comes."

He leaned close and spoke in an undertone.

"I charge by the hour."

Nikoleta
Jan 30th, 2008, 02:56:15 PM
She leaned back as her arms wrapped around his shoulders. Her hair whiped gently against her back while she laughed. "And what happens if I don't pay up?"

Rod Stafford
Jan 30th, 2008, 03:21:29 PM
"Well..."

The glass tinkled when he set it down on the coffee table. He deftly slid one arm behind her knees and the other behind her back and lifted her up onto his knee. Their noses touched.

"You'll have to find other ways to pay."

Nikoleta
Jan 30th, 2008, 04:53:43 PM
"Okay," she said, pondering choices with a dab of a finger against her chin. "Dinner. Tonight. My treat. We'll go to Everest. It's has wonderful French cuisine and has a wonderful view from the Chicago Stock Exchange."

Rod Stafford
Jan 31st, 2008, 07:40:57 PM
"All I got out of that was 'food' and that's good enough for me."

Behind Nikoleta, there was a clock on the wall and Rod noticed it was nearly four in the afternoon. He hated losing so much of the day since he was morning person but was happy with this exception. He bounced her on his knee and their fingers interlaced. His grin was broad.

"Well, we need to get cracking. We still have to make the reservation, sort this place out, and get you a good wash. You're starting to smell a bit funky."

Nikoleta
Feb 1st, 2008, 01:54:39 PM
She looked apalled and her mouth fell open agape at the insult! "Funky? I smell funky?! If it pleases the court ..."

Nikoleta tweaked Rod's ear with a devilish grin. "... the accuser was part of said acts that caused myself, the defendant, to - as he put it - smell a bit funky! And he thoroughly enjoyed every second of it!"

Rod Stafford
Feb 6th, 2008, 08:36:21 AM
"I faked it," he confessed, suddenly straight faced.

Before she could tweak his ear again, Rod wrestled her to the couch so that he was on top of her. She uttered protestations but fell silent when their lips met. A moment later, he pulled away an inch, looking quite giddy.

"I rest my case."

Nikoleta
Feb 7th, 2008, 09:21:58 AM
"Oh you!" She pushed him off of her and readjusted the sheet covering her. The little wrestling match had made it a bit nippy in the room.

"Fine! I shall shower. All alone since I'm the only foul smelling individual present in this room." The Immortal purred before turning on her heels, fluffing out her hair in protest.

Rod Stafford
Feb 7th, 2008, 09:45:15 AM
Moments later, Rod appeared in the doorway to the bathroom, staring at Nikoleta as she tested the water. The mirror was already starting to steam.

"I'm feeling a little dirty, too," he said, "Mind if I join you?"

He raised his hand and in it was the curiously-shapped rubber ducky. It squeaked when he squeezed it.

Nikoleta
Feb 7th, 2008, 12:14:29 PM
Nikoleta was not surprised that Rod had decided to join her. She flicked the water off her hands at his face and let the sheet fall to the floor.

Her reply was deep and husky. "By all means ..."

With delicious intent, she led Rod into the shower and snapped the curtains shut behind them.