PDA

View Full Version : Twice Redemption

Nikoleta
Jan 8th, 2008, 12:11:33 PM
Brigid slept peacefully in a king size bed. Its frame was black with four spiraling posters reaching up towards the ceiling. What was unusual about this specific bed were the sheepskin blankets that kept the Immortal warm during the cold Chicago night.

Brigid Cassidy
Jan 9th, 2008, 09:04:09 AM
:: Brigid's eyes opened lazily, and she lifted her head after staring at the unfamiliar ceiling. She was warm and comfortable beneath the blankets, and it stirred old feelings in her. She was safe. Getting out of bed, she wandered over to the curtains. She was greeted to a beautiful view of the the lake. It was morning. Turning around, she spied herself in an ornate looking glass. She moved closer to look at her face. She touched her nose, then wiggled it before looking down at the chair. Her hanzo sword and leather jacket were waiting for her, but she reached for a robe instead. Then she wandered out into the hall, and felt the buzz as she drew closer to her Mentor ::

"Good Morning." she said humbly, standing in the doorway.

Nikoleta
Jan 9th, 2008, 09:11:59 AM
Nikoleta was busy in the kitchen making breakfast, which was spacious and beautiful. White marble counter tops blended well with the white floors, walls and cabinets. The fixtures were all black. Everything you needed to cook was in the middle island, save for the sink that was attached on the same wall as the refrigerator.

She flipped the omelet in the frying pan and beckoned Brigid to take a seat further down where there were several stools. "Good morning." She decided to keep the conversation light and let Brigid talk when she was ready. "Want some juice?"

Brigid Cassidy
Jan 9th, 2008, 09:41:30 AM
:: Brigid took a seat on one of the stools ::

"Please."

:: She looked like a child just after a spanking. Wide-eyed and quiet ::

Nikoleta
Jan 9th, 2008, 09:48:33 AM
Nikoleta poured her a glass of orange juice, which was freshly squeezed and smelled refreshing. She took a moment to look over Brigid's face and noticed that the wounds had healed.

Her own wound had closed off and only the tiniest of scars remained. She figured another hour or two and that would be gone.

"How are you feeling?" She dished out two plates. One was a meat omelet, the other vegetarian. The meat one was placed before Brigid. She swore the girl could eat an entire cow. That's how bottomless her stomach was.

Brigid Cassidy
Jan 9th, 2008, 10:02:40 AM
:: She stared widely at Nikoleta, not touching breakfast yet ::

"Why? Why did you let me live?"

Nikoleta
Jan 9th, 2008, 10:19:22 AM
She had set down some toast and jellies when Brigid had asked that. Nikoleta smiled, "Because I love you."

She turned to fetch some salt and pepper. "It's as simple as that."

Brigid Cassidy
Jan 9th, 2008, 10:35:13 AM
:: Brigid leapt from her chair, hugging the older immortal as she fought back a sob ::

Nikoleta
Jan 9th, 2008, 10:40:07 AM
"Oof!" She wasn't expecting the hug and untangled her arms so she could return it properly.

Brigid Cassidy
Jan 9th, 2008, 10:45:03 AM
:: She pulled away sheepishly to look at her mentor. There were tears on her face, and humility ::

"I love you too, Mom."

:: She sniffed, and forced a crooked grin, then sat down and bit her toast before she got too mushy ::

Nikoleta
Jan 9th, 2008, 10:50:44 AM
She knew that crooked smile all too well. Brigid was trying to keep some of her 'cool' before she became too much of a sap. It didn't matter. Hearing her return the gesture was all the older Immortal needed.

Nikoleta set down the salt and pepper and sat across from Brigid. She placed a napkin in her lap and bit into her breakfast.

Brigid Cassidy
Jan 9th, 2008, 11:01:04 AM
:: Brigid relaxed, taking the time to enjoy each bite for a change. She was so used to being on the run, and alone. When she finished, she bowed her head ::

"I'm sorry ..."

Nikoleta
Jan 9th, 2008, 11:07:03 AM
"Brigid ..." She reached over the table and lifted the girl's chin up so their eyes met, "I'm sorry too. I failed you."

Brigid Cassidy
Jan 9th, 2008, 11:27:49 AM
:: She blinked, not fully understanding ::

Nikoleta
Jan 9th, 2008, 11:30:22 AM
Her hand fell away as she explained, "I shouldn't have been blinded by my anger over the death of Wade. He was my student and you killed him when you strayed. We never should have fought, but I feared for you. You see that right?"

Brigid Cassidy
Jan 9th, 2008, 11:35:50 AM
:: She looked shocked as it all came together, but she noddedly solemnly ::

"Yeah."

:: She was silent a moment ::

"So you're teaching Smokey now, huh?"

Nikoleta
Jan 9th, 2008, 11:39:04 AM
She cleared her throat. Brigid put the puzzle together and now Nikoleta was caught red handed. "Yes. My intentions were to steal him away from you."

Her brows narrowed and that 'scolding' face appeared. "You did a horrid job explaining what the Game was Brigid. You know better now that the Gathering has come."

Brigid Cassidy
Jan 9th, 2008, 11:48:26 AM
"I figured there was plenty of time since Fiona set him up on holy ground."

:: She rubbed her temples as she looked at her Mentor wearily ::

"There's alot going on in case you haven't noticed. Random vamp attacks, Black Spiral Dancers, not to mention Junko Matsuda and that bastard Mason with his gun toting cultists."

Nikoleta
Jan 9th, 2008, 11:55:00 AM
"I know. The one thing I hate most about this city, next to the weather, is all of the Supernatural problems it has. It was only a matter of time before something happened. Thankfully, I've stayed out of most of it. Most don't know I'm even here. Not even Fiona." Brigid looked surprised at that. "I've lived in Chicago for three years since I felt Trevor was one of us. Otherwise I would have remained in New York.

But, yes. Chicago is a powderkeg. I've used my contacts with the Police to hide any supernatural messes that have occurred, but Mason's disregard for secrecy is worrisome. He's using mortals to gain an advantage. At least Junko is traditional and will abide by the rules properly."

Brigid Cassidy
Jan 9th, 2008, 11:59:33 AM
"You two are okay, right?" she asked, her curiosity diverted.

Nikoleta
Jan 9th, 2008, 12:00:49 PM
"Yes," she waved Brigid's worry away, "I just like my privacy at times. You understand."

Brigid Cassidy
Jan 9th, 2008, 12:03:09 PM
"Yeah."

:: A smirk spread across her face ::

"I think you should pay her a visit. She's not exactly Polly Whitebread either." :p

Nikoleta
Jan 9th, 2008, 12:20:40 PM
"Gods," she rolled her eyes knowing how Fiona could get into messes far easier then Brigid could. It was a talent of hers. "What has she gone and done this time?"

Brigid Cassidy
Jan 9th, 2008, 12:40:29 PM
"Nothing, honestly. :D She's just become a shameless kissy missy with her student."

:: Brigid performed an outrageous imitation of Fiona & Michele, batting her eyes all doe-like and swooning and kissy faced ::

"Ohhh, Macushla!!! Macushla!!! Where for art thou, Macushla???!!!"

:: She frolicked around the kitchen like A Midsummer Night's Dream, ending it all with a deep dramatic sigh ::

:love

:D

Nikoleta
Jan 9th, 2008, 09:14:28 PM
Nikoleta hadn't laughed as hard as she was now since meeting a certain Mage in Greece. Brigid always loved to make fun of Fiona just as if they had been born sisters, but this was over the top!

"She does not act like that!" Her sides were hurting, and she had to stretch her cheeks to get the feeling back before wiping away a tear. "Though she must be quite happy by using that term of endearment. She doesn't use that frivolously."

Brigid Cassidy
Jan 10th, 2008, 09:00:10 AM
"You haven't seen them yet!" she laughed.

Nikoleta
Jan 10th, 2008, 03:41:31 PM
"And what about you?" Nikoleta asked between chuckles, "Have you found someone special?"

Brigid had built up the walls after Cormac had died. She only looked for brief trysts to satisfy her needs, nothing long term. The Immortal wondered if that had changed considering how her daughter had behaved lately.

Brigid Cassidy
Jan 10th, 2008, 03:57:29 PM
:: Brigid's mood did a radical swing to shyness ::

"Her name is Nara. Nara McKenna."

Nikoleta
Jan 10th, 2008, 03:59:42 PM
Nikoleta smirked when Brigid's mood shifted. She became quiet and shy. Oh yes, she had met someone special.

But the name of the person shocked the hell out of her. "Wait, what?! McKenna?

Green eyes scrutinized her student. "Is she a descendant of Cormac?"

Brigid Cassidy
Jan 10th, 2008, 04:11:13 PM
"Yes." she murmured, her cheeks turning rosy.

Nikoleta
Jan 10th, 2008, 04:13:06 PM
Nikoleta leaned over the counter, her smirk growing wider. "Interesting coincidence, no?"

Brigid Cassidy
Jan 10th, 2008, 04:43:19 PM
:: Brigid leaned away, laughing ::

"I'm gonna take a shower."

Nikoleta
Jan 10th, 2008, 04:48:05 PM
Nikoleta didn't say anything. She didn't have to. The Immortal flashed that all knowing smile at Brigid before cleaning up the breakfast plates.

Brigid Cassidy
Jan 10th, 2008, 05:03:34 PM
:: A half hour later, Brigid returned, wearing a pair of Nikoleta's jeans. She fidgeted ::

"These are a bit loose in the waist, mom." she teased. :p

Nikoleta
Jan 10th, 2008, 05:07:21 PM
Nikoleta had changed from her bathrobe to a matching set of white cotton clothing that was loose and comfortable. Brigid had caught her in the middle of her morning Tai Chi work out.

"You are shorter then I, my dear." Not a leg or arm moved out of place as she quipped back. "Lest we forget that."

Brigid Cassidy
Jan 10th, 2008, 05:10:39 PM
:: Brigid smirked, and watched quietly as Nikoleta finished her Tai Chi form ::

Nikoleta
Jan 10th, 2008, 05:15:03 PM
With wrists crossed, Nikoleta dropped her arms at her sides, but left them bent at the elbows. A long breath was exhaled. She felt centered; her mind focused for the rest of the day.

She picked up a towel and dabbed her face dry. "Since you went snooping around, did you find anything else besides my closet?"

Brigid Cassidy
Jan 10th, 2008, 05:20:48 PM
:: She shook her head innocently ::

"Nope."

Nikoleta
Jan 10th, 2008, 05:27:10 PM
She hugged the towel around her neck, "You sure? I'm not going to have to frisk you this time right?"

The last time Brigid and Nikoleta were on bad terms, the younger Immortal had stolen a good amount of cash and jewelry just to spite her Mother.

Brigid Cassidy
Jan 10th, 2008, 05:31:00 PM
:: Brigid looked wounded ::

"Not this time."

Nikoleta
Jan 10th, 2008, 05:33:38 PM
"Good." She walked up to Brigid and touched the girl's cheek with light fingers. "That's the past. I want us to start over. I want a future that neither of us points a sword at one another again."

Her head tilted to the other side as she spoke in earnest. "But I worry about your relationship with Nara. If something happens to her, how do I know you won't loose control again."

Brigid Cassidy
Jan 10th, 2008, 05:44:27 PM
:: Brigid looked up at Nikoleta ::

"It won't. Besides, I don't talk to Edgar anymore."

Nikoleta
Jan 10th, 2008, 05:45:45 PM
"Edgar?" Nikoleta frowned, trying to understand. "What does your Watcher have to do with anything?"

Brigid Cassidy
Jan 10th, 2008, 05:52:04 PM
"I was with him, up until the day I met Nara. We had a ... business arrangement."

:: She stared at her feet to avoid Nikoleta's eyes ::

Nikoleta
Jan 10th, 2008, 05:58:53 PM
"Business arrangement?" Nikoleta was quite puzzled by this. Watchers were not allowed to have contact with the Immortal assigned to them. They were to shadow them and watch only. No interference, no conversations. Nothing.

But her puzzled face fell into lines of understanding. Edgar had access to hundreds of files that contained information on every Immortal in past and present existence. Was it he that fed her the information? Was he the last piece of the story that she had been searching for that corrupted Brigid further?

"Explain," she said, her voice sharp as a blade.

Brigid Cassidy
Jan 10th, 2008, 06:10:01 PM
"I met him nine years ago. We got talking, and then we cut a deal. He'd give me information, and in return ... I gave him sex."

Nikoleta
Jan 10th, 2008, 06:16:43 PM
Her jaw stiffened and it was on the verge of cracking underneath the strain. Never in all of her years was she so violently angry. If not for the control she maintained, Nikoleta would have broken the bench in two that was next to them with her fist.

Instead, she padded off to her bedroom to change without a word.

Brigid Cassidy
Jan 10th, 2008, 06:20:16 PM
:: Brigid remained frozen where she stood. She could hear her own heartbeat as time stopped ::

Nikoleta
Jan 10th, 2008, 06:26:54 PM
She quickly threw on some jeans and a black top before slipping on a pair of suede boots. Grabbing her sword, Nikoleta made a brief stop into the guest room before she stormed back into the living room.

"Here." She tossed Brigid her sword and jacket. "You're taking me to him."

Brigid Cassidy
Jan 11th, 2008, 08:43:52 AM
:: Brigid caught her belongings and blinked. She knew that look ::

"He's not even here. Forget ... ok, okay."

:: She knew better than to argue. It was like Fiona once her mind got set, only worse ::

Nikoleta
Jan 11th, 2008, 08:52:39 AM
"I will not forget it." There was no arguing with her and she pulled out her cellphone. "Do we find him by car or plane?"

Brigid Cassidy
Jan 11th, 2008, 08:56:24 AM
"He's in L.A."

:: She gazed up at the ceiling as she put on a t-shirt, so Nikoleta couldn't see her roll her eyes. The situation was embarrassing ::

"What are you gonna do, kill him?"

Nikoleta
Jan 11th, 2008, 09:08:02 AM
She called O'hare international airport and booked two first class tickets to LAX. They were atrociously expensive given the short notice, but Nikoleta had more money Bill Gates.

Her next call was to Vivien Galati, a Mage she befriended during her travels. They had met in New York when Nikoleta lived their, but Vivien moved to L.A. 5 years ago.

"Vivian? Yes it's me. No I'm not fine. Myself and a student of mine are going to be arriving in L.A. at 4pm your time. I'll explain when we get there. Do you mind providing lodgings? I promise you won't have any fallout from this. Thank you. See you soon."

She flipped the phone closed with a snap and determined eyes settled on Brigid. "Let's go."