PDA

View Full Version : The Search Begins

Berek Dralken
Jan 7th, 2008, 06:48:34 PM
Iziz' night sky was devoid of clouds this evening allowing for a picturesque view of the stars to be seen. Those who watched the skies would later observe what appeared to be a shooting star dart across the horizon and then morph into a sleek looking ship headed for the star port.

The ship a remarkably fast SFS courier, glided over the city to land in an open docking bay at the port. Its landing gear extended and the ship settled on the ground before its access ramp extended allowing the lone passenger, with their cargo, to disembark before taking flight again and leaving the world behind.

The off-worlder hauled up a container, a large metal case, and slung it with one hand over his shoulder, holding it by its handle. He then grabbed the other piece of his luggage, a metallic brief case, and headed for the port's customs office to show his identity and inform the planetary authority what his purpose on the world was. Just as he figured the person asking the questions gave him a laugh and wished him luck before giving him a pass into the city.

The traveler's first stop was a hotel. Once he'd gotten a room he decided to head to a cantina and learn a little about the locals and hopefully find a person that could take him to where he really wanted to go. The moon, Dxun. His story being that he was a hunter looking to take on some of the fiercest beasts in the Galaxy.

Berek Dralken
Jan 14th, 2008, 11:49:22 AM
Dressed in a red-sand coloured duster, polished black boots with the pants tucked in, and a custom leather hat the newcomer recieved a few looks as he entered the cantina and took a seat at the bar. Had they been able to see the pistol, set in a holster, concealed by the duster they probably would have shyed away from him when he took a seat at the bar.

The bartender approached offering a welcome and the upsell. "Welcome to the Dry Well. Never seen you before so the first drink is on the house. What will it be?"

"Whatever you've got on tap is good."

"House brew, excellent choice. So what brings you to Iziz stranger?"

"I'm looking to find someone who can get me to Dxun. Hunters' legends say some of the fiercest creatures live on that rock and I need a new trophy."

"No pilot here makes those trips unless the money is worth it and paid up front. They get paid, drop you off and from there you're either DOA when they come back. You best be there when they pick you up too or else you're stranded, if you live."

"Acceptable. Find me a pilot who takes cold hard cash."

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 15th, 2008, 03:50:15 PM
The bartender raised an eyebrow at the stranger, but shrugged. "No one that crazy drinks here. Except..." His eyes flicked towards the back, and then the doors opened and two tall beings walked in.

Helmetless, and wearing armor that was piecemeal at best, the two Mandalorian males paused for a moment to allow their eyes to adjust to the darker interior of The Dry Well. The bartender seemed to pale slightly, but swallowed and retreated to the end of the bar to take their order as the two sat down.

He served them quickly and efficiently, then returned to the man in the red duster. "Sorry about that." He cast a sideways glance at the Mandos, and then spat on the ground behind the bar. "Can't get used to the devils being inside the walls. But I might be able to point you towards a pilot, if its really Dxun you're wanting to reach."

Berek Dralken
Jan 20th, 2008, 10:40:34 AM
"Yeah. That's the place." Berek replied after taking a glance at the new patrons, "So who are those brutes?"

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 20th, 2008, 02:53:46 PM
"Mandos," said the bartender, "and we have a frelling treaty with them or somesuch, so instead of killing them in the Wilds I have to serve them ale alongside natural citizens." He spat again for emphasis of his displeasure, and poured another drink for a different patron.

Berek Dralken
Jan 20th, 2008, 08:28:06 PM
"Why don't you poison their drinks then?" Berek said, "If there is so much dislike from the citizens officials would surely look the other way to keep face."

He took a sip of the house ale, it was horrible. The poison would probably give it some kick. Berek stared at the Mandalorians and began talking to the bartender again. Maybe they can read lips.

"That happens fighting might break out. Mandalorians would certainly welcome that. Thinking about it, it's best the citizens just give in to the government. Besides, more customers is good business. Now where's the pilot who can get me to Dxun?"