PDA

View Full Version : Shaping the Galaxy

Travis North
Jan 5th, 2008, 06:57:56 PM
Taking a look at the numbers (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?t=17311) I'd say we've got quite the lot of combatants available to throw into action. (More than I'd figured, which has been a nice surprise.) Since we've got the people lets get something started.

At the moment this thread is in Strategic Command so things get plotted out before they get revealed to the public. Once everything is hashed out I'll post the plan in the Rendezvous Point. I'd also like to involve Alliance brass on this and I believe both Dasq and possibly Reshmar, via Lash, can join in discussion here.

We've all observed an increase in the number of roleplayers joining Fans. A great things for the community. Although from an IC perspective Force-users have returned in numbers, rivaling those of Old Republic, to the Galaxy. Spelling trouble for the Empire and puting the Inquisitors hard to work. (Leaving Karl quite happy.) The focus of all these players being individual character development, making the cast of Fans quite unique. However the Galaxy of Fans hasn't undergone the same development in making it unique and separate from that of the Star Wars universe.

Factions have begun to pop-up here and there but they haven't changed the environment the players play in. Planets and their populations are the exact replicas of the Star Wars universe, cardboard cutouts. No radical events have shifted ideals of people or reshaped the image of Fans' Galaxy to an extent where the players are affected.

There's an aspect of roleplay missing from Fans that provides a unique feel to it. A Gamemastering aspect I suppose. A player could go to Corellia and go about there own business without ever having the environment they're in affect them. A crowd of people on the streets isn't seen rioting because of taxation in the trade lanes by the Imperials. Whatever's happening in the grand scale isn't observed in the smaller scale. I'd like to change.

Blow up a planet or two. (Bit of an exaggeration there.) Shake the players of Fans, let them know there is still a war going on between the Alliance and the Empire. Make them realize that people are dying, being hurt, and suffering due to this war and that those imagined people aren't the only ones who are affected by it.

I've got a few ideas on how to shape this Galaxy but I can't do it alone. And before I go into any detail I'd like to hear some opinions and know I've got some support.

Aurelias Kazaar
Jan 5th, 2008, 07:11:37 PM
Plans are in place Mister North.

Oh yes...

Plans are in place...

*although this post might work better under 'The Black Man' ;)

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 5th, 2008, 07:15:22 PM
I think a lot of what you've said here is pretty much true. We have had a lot of small-scale development, but the galaxy wide conflict doesn't see a lot of action.

I try to be mindful of the larger conflicts, but I suppose often I'm not sure exactly what those conflicts are. What exactly are we fighting over at the moment? Are there any systems or planets in particular that are causing conflict? Are there new trade or technology developments that are going to tip the balance of power? Looking at the board timeline, the majority of our roleplaying is still taking place less than a year after the Battle of Endor... has the aftermath of this monumental event blown over yet? Which planets were gained and lost, on both sides? So many questions ^_^;

This is just me having a bit of a brain ramble, but it might be interesting to throw out random events now and then for people to react to. For instance, pick a place that there is likely to be a number of characters present. Then, say, have a riot or breakout of Rebel vs. Imp fighting. Whatever. Just things that people can react to, even if they aren't in the direct geographical vicinity at the time.

Aurelias Kazaar
Jan 5th, 2008, 07:48:13 PM
Sarapin is the biggest thing we've had inna while, conflict-wise.

Travis North
Jan 6th, 2008, 05:36:55 PM
Major conflicts happening right now that I know of are:

Warzone: Sarapin (http://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?t=17044) - A battle on the Core's largest energy producing world. Right now power distibution is being interupted to the Core with the conflict on Sarapin.

Skirmish over Sullust (http://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?t=16737) - A bout between Imperial and Alliance Forces attempting to liberate the planet's enslaved population and production facilities.

Silencer (http://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?t=16887) - A growing conflict in Bothan Space eventually leading to the 2nd conquest of Bothawui by Imperial forces. Trade in Bothan Space will be restricted as the storyline, of which Silencer is a part, continues.

Planets like Mon Calamari and Bothawui are free of an Imperial hold providing havens for the Alliance to rebuild. Many other worlds have also grown resistant to Imperial rule. Acts of rebellion may spur up anytime on any Imperial world.

Technology development is currently at a stand still. I've thought about bringing out some of the specialized Imperial designs like the Doomgiver (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Doomgiver) and it's assault ships (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Assault_ship), or the Arc Hammer (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Arc_Hammer) with it's capability to produce Dark Troopers (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_trooper).

Miranda Tarkin
Jan 6th, 2008, 11:20:01 PM
One of these days I really need to get Miranda involved in something since she does have a whole sector of resources to play with.

Any suggestions where to start? Doldur is where she's in control. She has stamped out the Rebel insurgents there and is rebuilding currently.

Park Kraken
Jan 7th, 2008, 12:18:07 AM
Well so far the Empire has been rebuilding after Endor and trying to get its feet back on solid ground. Perhaps a general offensive against Rebellion controlled planets is in order? Something along the lines of Shadow Hand perhaps?

Karl Valten
Jan 7th, 2008, 01:06:14 AM
One of these days I really need to get Miranda involved in something since she does have a whole sector of resources to play with.

Any suggestions where to start? Doldur is where she's in control. She has stamped out the Rebel insurgents there and is rebuilding currently.

You want we should the Miranda becoming Empress stoyline along? Y'roth isn't here, but we can work around that.

Speaking 'o which, is this public knowledge yet?

Miranda Tarkin
Jan 7th, 2008, 02:41:54 PM
I think it was actually talked about in a public forum yes. I will check tho.

And getting that underway would be awesome :) It been planned for months o_o!

Travis North
Jan 8th, 2008, 03:10:46 PM
We definitely need a face for the Empire. The sooner the better. It's hard getting recruits to swear themselves to the Emperor when there isn't one.

I think before we start any major offensives an inventory of what we have would be good. Draw some lines in the sand so we know where to focus. Although the Rebs need to help with this, I'm sure they have claims we don't know about and roleplay with. As far as I know it's just Bothawui and Mon Calamari for them which doesn't give them a whole lot of territory.

Park Kraken
Jan 8th, 2008, 03:18:51 PM
Well it wouldn't be just against Mon Calamari and Bothawui, but also against worlds that have sympathy towards the Rebellion, those worlds which also have smuggling and pirate activity, which have pirate havens, etc.

An excellent target, if I may suggest, would be an offensive into Hutt space, to try and largely eliminate the black market activites there and cut off the head of the beast which supplies weapons and materiels to the Alliance.

Travis North
Jan 8th, 2008, 03:21:15 PM
I like that. It would sure rock the community.

Miranda Tarkin
Jan 8th, 2008, 09:45:53 PM
Ooo ... the Hutts would be mad :D

Park Kraken
Jan 8th, 2008, 09:50:16 PM
I need to be working on my nightfall thread to establish the secret research base on the one planet. And as you said, we need to draw the lines in the sand before we advance over it to launch a general offensive.

I propose the establishment of five sector fleets that are stationed in various points through the galaxy. These fleets initially would be used to respond to Rebel attacks, but then would rendezvous near Hutt space and be used to launch the offensive.

One fleet each would be used to hit Nal Hutta, Nar Shadda, Ylesia, and Togoria, with a fifth fleet roving around hitting the remaining planets in a hit and fade style fashion.

The question is, should we take the planets, raid them, or just raze them to the ground?

I figure with each fleet having about twenty captial ships, the total offensive would employ about one hundred Imperial capital warships.

Karl Valten
Jan 8th, 2008, 10:24:58 PM
Well it wouldn't be just against Mon Calamari and Bothawui, but also against worlds that have sympathy towards the Rebellion, those worlds which also have smuggling and pirate activity, which have pirate havens, etc.

An excellent target, if I may suggest, would be an offensive into Hutt space, to try and largely eliminate the black market activites there and cut off the head of the beast which supplies weapons and materiels to the Alliance.

Could give that a shot, but I think the black market will always exist. And they are a great source of information if you go to the right people, they can get their noses into places no Imperial can.

PS, you're scaring my with the five Sector fleets a bit. A sector group typically has about 800 support vessels and 1,600 combat vessels, about 24 of which are Star Destroyers.

Park Kraken
Jan 9th, 2008, 12:50:27 PM
What I meant by Sector fleets is that the assault fleets would each be stationed in different sectors to respond to Rebel attacks until the time for the offensive comes.

Miranda Tarkin
Jan 10th, 2008, 03:33:32 PM
I will be having a post up today or tomorrow for Karl in regards to the throne ^^

Sorsha Kasajian
Feb 25th, 2008, 05:32:20 PM
:: Sits in the Empress' lap ::

"Hi pumpkin!!! I'm home." :love

and for those wondering what the frell I'm doing in here :lol I'm going to be the Empress' Hand. :D

Karl Valten
Feb 25th, 2008, 07:12:50 PM

and for those wondering what the frell I'm doing in here :lol I'm going to be the Empress' Hand. :D

I'm getting that feeling again....

..........that feeling I got whenever S'il and Dae were lurking around

.........it usually ended up with travis and me tied up and thrown into a closet.

Miranda Tarkin
Feb 25th, 2008, 09:26:19 PM

I'm getting that feeling again....

..........that feeling I got whenever S'il and Dae were lurking around

.........it usually ended up with travis and me tied up and thrown into a closet.

This is a bad thing? :D

Khendon Sevon
Feb 25th, 2008, 11:05:13 PM
Pff, unless there's a saddle involved, you're not having fun.

http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?p=261178#post261178

My plans, as an evil, evil man? Well, I post sporadically. So, it's just to be really, really evil. So evil that you people question my sanity.

...?

I mean, Khendon's sanity. Yes.

There you go.

Right.