PDA

View Full Version : Happy New Year!

Yog
Dec 31st, 2007, 05:11:32 PM
It's past midnight over here and 2008! Fireworks and champagne! Happy new Year! :D

My resolution this year is to not make any resolution!

Hartus Kenobi
Dec 31st, 2007, 07:51:19 PM
Happy New Year Yog. Doesn't happen for me for over another 3 hours.

Cat X
Dec 31st, 2007, 08:02:23 PM
Screw New Year. It's just another day. Altho much to my delight the fundamentally pathetic excuse for a party of NYE turned out to be a Godsend because the roads were empty and hence cycling was a complete and utter delight. And I dont care how good a NYE party you could have had or what you did, there is simply nothing like the feeling of cresting a tough hill, stopping, turning around and seeing the valleys laid out before you, the true majesty of the Lord's creation plain to see. It makes the sweat and muscle pain so worthwhile to feel the presence of God with you as your sucking clean oxygen with the birds dancing in the twilight, with the last rays of the year setting the tops of the trees in a blaze of gold and red.

And people wonder why I do this. Somedays it's a privledge to ride when you can see and feel such things, not doubt there's a God and He knows who you are. It reminds me why I am here and how much more there is to do in His name.

This year, my goals (Not resolutions, resolutions always get broken and you feel worse afterwards) is -

20,000 income month
Ride from Sydney to Goulburn (200 km)
Get Vr4 into final form
10 to 12 employees by Christmas
Finland
Get some real balls and ask someone out.
Do something worthwhile for Baptist Vision, a project of the local church for providng for the needs of people who need it and evangelism.

Make sure the 18K tax bill I have looming gets paid ontime.

I didnt have on the surface the best of years, what with too many injuries, flu beat downs, cash flow sucking, final divorce court case and that big race crash (Crashed twice this year) but looking deeper.... ramped up business big time with some client wins, always had money coming in when it was needed, I'm physically much better off and detirmined to make things work. Also saw the real other side of divorce, the freedom it gave for me to launch headlong and get things done that I could never have done. Sure, it's not easy being single but doors opened and I was able to step through and go further than I thought I could. More importantly, I learned it's not wrong to do somethign just for yourself because you want to, not because someone thinks it's the right thing. That's what cycling for me is, somethign I really want to do because..... for no other reason than I'm doing it for myself. It odd on reflection that I had to learn how to be selfish for the right reasons to really begin to move hard forward.

Going to hopefully be an insanely busy 12 months if the Lord will have me do that. God bless everyone else and have a time of your lives

Slayn Cloak
Dec 31st, 2007, 08:47:33 PM
Screw New Year. It's just another day. Altho much to my delight the fundamentally pathetic excuse for a party of NYE turned out to be a Godsend because the roads were empty and hence cycling was a complete and utter delight. And I dont care how good a NYE party you could have had or what you did, there is simply nothing like the feeling of cresting a tough hill, stopping, turning around and seeing the valleys laid out before you, the true majesty of the Lord's creation plain to see. It makes the sweat and muscle pain so worthwhile to feel the presence of God with you as your sucking clean oxygen with the birds dancing in the twilight, with the last rays of the year setting the tops of the trees in a blaze of gold and red.

I just want to point out I want to make fun of you for that, really I do, but I agree and I'm happy to hear you feel so alive. (I just don’t get cycling)

On the bit about the church group, with all your car XP you should try to get them interested in some kind of sanctioned youth rally instruction deal... Would be a great way to get kids interested in something other than intoxication and indigence.
<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]-->
My life is finally perfect, I know where I’m going and what my place in the world is. I have lots of problems, poverty, addiction, etc… these things are however eclipsed by the empowerment I gain by the feeling of linear progression (and the small accomplishments along the way) in reaching my goals. I think a person can deal with any amount of stress or pain when they know when relief will come. Sometimes people rely on blind hope for this bit, but being goal oriented works a lot better for me.

Park Kraken
Dec 31st, 2007, 10:44:21 PM
Screw New Year. It's just another day.

As much as I don't want to bring politics into this discussion, one good thing about this new years is that it will be the last new years in which GWB will be president. Although if Hillary gets elected, I'll probably be missing this day.

Anyways, happy new years everyone.

Oh yeah, one of my resolutions - Vote for either Obama or Juliani

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 1st, 2008, 12:41:08 AM
Happy new year, you douchebags!

Ilias Nytrau
Jan 1st, 2008, 01:14:31 AM
It's about 45 minutes early for me, but Happy New Year, you sorry lot.

Give us a kiss, eh? ;):lol

Figrin D'an
Jan 1st, 2008, 01:25:34 AM
I spent my New Years Eve at home with my girlfriend, playing video games and discussing where we want to travel in 2008 (we're thinking maybe Italy).

Jeseth Cloak
Jan 1st, 2008, 02:29:06 AM
Happy New Year's Day everyone. :)

Morgan Evanar
Jan 1st, 2008, 04:04:51 AM
I spent the new year with friends and flogged the Saabaru on the way home :D

stevenvdb
Jan 1st, 2008, 04:54:35 AM
Happy New Years you Hoopy Froods.

Slayn Cloak
Jan 1st, 2008, 04:18:46 PM
I spent my New Years Eve at home with my girlfriend, playing video games and discussing where we want to travel in 2008 (we're thinking maybe Italy).

That's pretty awesome.

I let a friend drive my car, he really impressed me. There was like no one on GP ( grizzly peak ) and no cops, it was a pretty awesome way to end the night. Wish we were both a little more sober though, that was really dangerous... which is most likely why it was fun.

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 1st, 2008, 05:17:45 PM

Oh dear, apologies. I don't even remember writing that. I'm such an abusive drunk ^_^; :lol

I decided to have a quiet night in, compared to the last couple of years. Me and some friends got together, had a few drinks and played Guitar Hero. It was fun. :)

Slayn Cloak
Jan 1st, 2008, 06:30:58 PM

Oh dear, apologies. I don't even remember writing that. I'm such an abusive drunk ^_^; :lol

I decided to have a quiet night in, compared to the last couple of years. Me and some friends got together, had a few drinks and played Guitar Hero. It was fun. :)

I forgive you.

Nathanial K'cansce
Jan 1st, 2008, 08:00:12 PM
Happy New Years!

Wyl Staedtler
Jan 2nd, 2008, 04:39:35 AM
It's still the 1st out here, so happy new year! You are all great! Stay that way! :hug

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jan 2nd, 2008, 10:52:38 AM
Jenny was the only drunk poster in a New Year's thread? For shame! I expected to see more of you leaving rambling nonsense that you don't remember writing :p

Jeseth Cloak
Jan 2nd, 2008, 11:07:13 AM
I was a bit drunk, but refrained from posting anything I'd regret telling all of you. :)

Slayn Cloak
Jan 2nd, 2008, 11:16:08 AM
I was to busy taking the same photos over and over; I also for some reason shot a half hour worth of a fire. Yeah, a fire. I could hear myself making nonesense statements as i did this.

Dae Jinn
Jan 2nd, 2008, 11:28:57 AM
I had work, and as fun as it would be to work drunk, I decided against it.

Cat X
Jan 2nd, 2008, 02:23:41 PM
Jenny was the only drunk poster in a New Year's thread? For shame! I expected to see more of you leaving rambling nonsense that you don't remember writing :p

So what your saying is for most people to post normally then?

:angel

Yog
Jan 2nd, 2008, 02:50:48 PM
I was a bit drunk, but refrained from posting anything I'd regret telling all of you. :)

hmpfh. Keeping secrets? :p

Nathanial K'cansce
Jan 2nd, 2008, 04:59:57 PM

I was sloshed, but there was no compy around. ^__^

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jan 2nd, 2008, 05:07:37 PM

Only you, my friend. Only you :love

Cat X
Jan 2nd, 2008, 05:22:06 PM

Only you, my friend. Only you :love

Oh I dunno. I could name a few people who persist in typing dribble other than myself - But at least I'm toilet trained and dont pee on threads. And I wipe the drool off my chin.

Knife and fork's got me a bit confused tho.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jan 2nd, 2008, 07:42:57 PM
You still wearing those shoes with velcro straps? Or have you figured out how to tie laces finally?

Jeseth Cloak
Jan 2nd, 2008, 08:59:02 PM

Wouldn't you like to know... ;)

Ilias Nytrau
Jan 2nd, 2008, 11:27:43 PM

Wouldn't you like to know... ;)

<<-----Already knows.

Muahahaha.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 2nd, 2008, 11:44:39 PM
I spent New Years Eve asleep in my bed. I woke up for about a minute right at midnight, kissed my husband, and went back to sleep.

Then I worked for about six hours on New Years Day.

Please pity me. :p j/k

Happy New Year to all! :glomp

Park Kraken
Jan 3rd, 2008, 01:29:57 AM
I think I may have been partially drunk for the first time ever. Reason I say that is that I had a killer headache Tuesday morning. Partial hangover perhaps?

Slayn Cloak
Jan 3rd, 2008, 08:17:52 PM
I don't know how regularly you drink but it could just be that you're getting older. I find the older I get the worse the hangovers get.

Jeseth Cloak
Jan 3rd, 2008, 08:28:19 PM
I don't know how regularly you drink but it could just be that you're getting older. I find the older I get the worse the hangovers get.
That's just your liver dying.

Cat X
Jan 4th, 2008, 08:08:16 AM
You still wearing those shoes with velcro straps? Or have you figured out how to tie laces finally?

..... my 150 dollar cycling shoes are velco ......

Bugger.

Slayn Cloak
Jan 4th, 2008, 11:01:48 AM
I'm hung over right now.

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 5th, 2008, 11:45:31 AM
Still... from New Year?