PDA

View Full Version : Remember the Meaning of 'Time Off'?

Ilias Nytrau
Dec 30th, 2007, 10:52:21 PM
It had been a taxingly boring day.

The physicians at the Imperial medical facility here on Cloud City were staunchly loyal to the ideals of the Empire, even at the loss of their 'benevolent' emperor. 'Glory to the Empire' they would say in greeting. Again they would say as one went out the door. Twenty some-odd years of this was starting to make Jefsran Ollisen ill and yet, he did not show it. Such privacies of emotion were integral to his masquerade. This well-known public face of the Empire was not the man the Empire thought at all. Jefsren Ollisen was not who he had lead everyone to believe, and for now, it still served his purpose for them all to be blind as the hive mind of worker bees. And for anyone he would be willing to reveal such things to, they might have a hard time looking past his status, not to mention his unfamiliar-looking visage.

To see the eyes of a Jedi, the willing would have to look deeper. It was a secret he'd kept since the happenings of Order 66, and not even the men and women who had worked with and around him for over twenty years knew. There were much deeper, much darker secrets than that about him, that only those who had long since passed on were privy to. Yet even the fact of his 'user' status alone would be enough to have him murdered...if he could be caught red-handed. In any case, the good doctor was mentally frustrated from having to deal with brownnosers and coattail-riders all day. Even if it was necessary work for him to be implementing new medical procedure that he himself had initiated.

Fifty-five years, and the gods only knew how much longer he could possibly have to live out his life, no matter which paths it took. One thing for sure, Ollisen didn't feel or look fifty-seven, as he stepped through the entranceway to the Cloud 9 Bar & Grill. No weapons had he to pass off, and the doorman was taken a little aback to see such a man as this doctor even anywhere near Cloud City. It was general belief that affluent individuals were either home, or somewhere fancy, and didn't bother with anything even close to 'backwater' locations. Heck, he could have just wandered over to a much tidier, fancier place, but the fact was, he preferred to set himself around more..interesting individuals.

Stranger things have happened. Jefsran Ollisen taking a break was just plain odd in the first place. Not to mention his sleeping habits, if he had any habit of sleeping at all.

Jefsran walked alone up to the bar, expanding his arms widely in a strech en route, and slid onto a stool when he got there. There were a few whispers coming from a table or two of those that watched the news, and were well aware of his achievements. He was sure someone would have come and tapped him on the shoulder, badgering him with questions if not for the off-putting instance of his unavoidably pale green eyes. An emotionless look at the tables around him silenced a great deal of the murmur, before he turned back to catch a glance of whoever was tending bar that evening, so he might have a chance at ordering a drink. When the attendant glanced his way, he spoke up.

"I will have a Corellian spiced ale, if you do not mind." he stated, in a refined and rather polite voice. The lack of short-form in his speech was a little out of place here, but it was the way he had spoken his entire life.

Mu Satach
Dec 31st, 2007, 12:17:28 AM
<i>Now what's <b>he</b> doing here?</i>

Mu had felt something change in the atmosphere of the bar while working at her desk. She had learned long ago it was prudent to operate with her senses always on high alert. Swiveling around in her chair to look out the office windows into the bar and seeing one of, if not the finest medical mind in the galaxy wasn't high on her list of possibilities.

Let's be honest, it wasn't anywhere on her list of possibilities.

Instantly, she became suspicious. She watched as Terry, her ever trusty bar keep pour him his drink. She tapped her chin with one long finger, then stood up and quickly went down to the bar.

At the very least, it was good manners for an establishment's owner to greet such a well known guest. At the very best, he might turn into yet another profitable contact she could add to her network. And, at the very worst... getting a closer look might give her better insight to any troubles he might bring her way. And God knows, Mu had a knack for finding trouble, or rather it always seemed to find her.

She walked up to the bar, "It's a rare occasion when we get a customer who's been all over the holonet for saving lives rather than taking them. Welcome to Cloud 9."

Ilias Nytrau
Dec 31st, 2007, 01:02:16 AM
Jefsran fixed his almost colourless green eyes on the woman that had approached him, analyzing her for a split second before returning the courtesies in kind.

Intelligent, in good physical form...yet always at the ready...

The most observant doctor stopped that train of thought, knowing he was not at work, but the instinct of observation simply could not be helped. If he had not been who he was, he would likely have been a street bum and avid people watcher - in another life, another time, perhaps. The analytical side of 'people watching' lent him to knowing mannerisms, behaviour, and much more. He gave a short smile in reply, as the first gulp of ale slithered down his throat. Then the man stood, folded his hands in front of him, and gave the proprietor a nod, quite short of the full bow that was the norm of many years before, prior to speaking.

"It is...relieving to find myself in such a place that lacks all the stuffy pretense that runs rampant with my colleagues. A pleasure to make your acquaintance, Miss...?"

He knew he had seen this face before, at least once. But a name for that face he did not have. That was the thing about having such an intricate mind, that held everything, and let nothing go. If he did not have a name, it had never been given to him.

Mu Satach
Dec 31st, 2007, 01:43:27 AM
"Mu Satach e'Gute," she smiled and returned the half formal bow. It came naturally to her. Then again, she expected it. "I understand what you mean. Formality is something I do not miss from Coruscant."

Mu reached out slightly, ever so slightly with the force and tried to pick up a hint, just a hint of his inner intentions. And found... <i>nothing?</i> She hid her surprise well, except for a slight twitch of her eyes. <i>What the...</i>

She smiled warmly at her guest. "Stuffy pretense is something one would have to search high and low to find around these parts."

Ilias Nytrau
Dec 31st, 2007, 02:20:28 AM
He felt that nonphysical touch, if ever so small. It was much like a small whiff of a breeze on the brain, if the brain had the faculties to feel. And her eyes, they certainly betrayed her, even just a little. The doctor knew well when he was being watched. Again, much like in all instances, he revealed nothing, save for a small smile himself. He was always well-guarded. These unspoken games were something he was all too familiar with.

"I have gleaned as much while on the few short walks and ventures I have taken during my time here thus far."

Another gulp, swallow, and refreshed breathing out preceded more words.

"So, tell me... How is it that a young lady such as yourself, finds herself in a place like this, running a food and beverage establishment? At the very least you are a business woman, and likely a good one, from what I gather. That alone is reason enough for being here, but I am sure there is more. For every one person, there is always an undercurrent."

Just as he had not always been a doctor, and a pilot had not always been a pilot, Mu Satach had not always been here either. And there was always more to everyoen and everything than meets the eye, especially these days. Jefsran settled a little more on the stool, and ran one thumb smoothly up and down the side of the pint glass. A small twinge of amusement and veiled interest shot through him. She looked about the same age as he, and that 'young lady' comment would probably come off as a tease, at best...even if it was the truth.

Yes, unspoken games. Indeed.

Mu Satach
Dec 31st, 2007, 07:10:58 PM
She caught his slight smile and his tone of voice betrayed his amusement. Mu relaxed a bit. The cold chill that usually surrounded those she met and failed to read was absent. "<i>I wonder,</i>" instead there seemed to be a hint warmth. A rare occurrence.

Terry slipped by and dropped off a cup of coffee for her with out her asking. The spiced aroma filled the air.

"Oh that's a long story and not very interesting I'm afraid. The short version goes something along the lines of spent most of my youth on Coruscant, then my...," Mu sighed ever so slightly then continued, "<i>father</i>, moved us all over during my teens. He was a bit of a traveling salesman. Learned what I could from him, then flew the nest. I've been from one side of this galaxy to the other doing the same." She took a sip of her coffee. "That I wound up with this place is a bit of a fluke. The previous owner had a run of bad luck at the Sabacc table and I was curious to see what it felt like to stay in one place for a while."

Mu leaned against the bar, "But tell me, why would someone with your research facilities come all the way out here? Cloud City is not the first place one equates with medical breakthroughs."

Ilias Nytrau
Jan 1st, 2008, 01:38:45 AM
"I am afraid the answer to your query is just as dull as your response to mine. I am here simply implementing new techniques and procedures with the Imperial medical clinic. Bland work, but I prefer to spend a great deal of my time away from the bustle and..." Jefsran paused for another gulp, emptying the pint of ale, and went on "...pardon me...'intrigue' of Coruscant. I am also looking into that rather mysterious act of taking time off. The badgering from my staff is starting to become somewhat of a nuisance." Here, he dropped his volume a few notches, and leaned in. "They think I do not sleep."

That was only somewhat true. He certainly did not take as much rest as the average individual would, and was no worse off for it. The fact that he appeared to be always available was likely the thing that lead to the the brewing of such a rumour. In all honesty, Ollisen did sleep, but the fact of the matter is that nobody has caught him in the act. The joke that circulated at one point was that he meditated. Ha ha ha. Very...funny...

"In any case, I have been in places that make far less sense for 'medical breakthroughs'. The simple idea of my work is to leave no stone unturned. A cure can be, and has been found in the most unlikely of places. The same for potential resources, be it information, material, or otherwise."

Mu Satach
Jan 1st, 2008, 10:42:23 AM
"Ahhh," Mu cracked a genuine smile, "working vacation. Well you've come to the right place. Most people mind their own business around these parts. And any <i>intrigues</i> you may encounter are a bit more direct. Usually it involves somebody wanting what's in your wallet."

Mu finished off her cup of coffee and the cup clinked as the ceramic hit the saucer. "Well sir, if I can be of any assistence, do let me know. I still do quite a bit of the traveling sales gig and know just about everyone who's anyone worth knowing."

Ilias Nytrau
Jan 1st, 2008, 04:33:47 PM
A genuine smile. He probably hadn't seen one of those in at least a good ten years. Most anybody and everybody was envious of his success and position, if even in the very slightest. It looked good on her, that smile. Just as in the few passing memories from years previous that he held of that face. Ilias stared at that face a few moments more as Mu set the ceramic cup down, a dull clink, the pieces greeted one another. There was hardly a thing warm about the eyes with which Ilias saw. The pale emerald colour, that barely made rings of his irises, was something difficult to feel comfortable about. He'd been staring so long, her words fading out, that it would be no surprise if she were to have noticed his temporary fixation. And there was no mistaking that face, catalogued away in his mind, like every word, scene and tidbit of information he gathered in the past fifty-five years.

There was nothing he could see or feel that would lead him to believe she was not to be trusted. These scant few minutes of conversation had allowed him to gather as much. A sigh of relief, and he rubbed at his forehead, breaking the gaze, relaxing his guard just a fraction. It wasn't much, the rememberance as it would have been with others wasn't as expansive, but...

...I do believe I am not mistaken.

Again he looked up at her. She must have noticed his prolonged stare. I know you...you have been watching me with a reaching, wondering eye. Reach again, if you are willing.

Mu Satach
Jan 2nd, 2008, 12:08:24 AM
His gaze was almost hypnotic. It was then she noticed the color, greenish white, slightly off color, something not quite right about those eyes.

She tilted her head slightly and pondered the meaning of his stare. It wasn't malicious, nor did it have the same flavor displayed by her usual clientèle. It was a searching stare, as if something was just beyond his reach or surfacing at that moment. And then the moment was broken.

Her eyebrow arched slightly as he rubbed his forehead. Mu turned to signal Terry to bring her another cup of coffee when she heard it,
<small><i>Reach again, if you are willing.</i></small>.

She watched Terry pour another cup for her, "Thanks, and his," she nodded towards the Doctor, "is on the house."

She took her cup and began to take a drink. Looking back into those eyes over the rim she reached, <i>"Are you certain?"</i>

Ilias Nytrau
Jan 2nd, 2008, 12:27:53 AM
As well, the doctor looked to Terry a second, and requested a glass of ice cold water. Thinking of it, he hadn't had a single drop of it all day. He knew all too well that dehydration was a nuisance. Upon accepting the tall, icy glass, Jefsran took a long sip before placing it soundlessly on the countertop.

Are you certain?

He bowed his head, looking into the frosty glass, then raised his eyes again.

My certainty is unquestionable. Have faith.

Mu Satach
Jan 3rd, 2008, 01:35:57 PM
She sipped her coffee slowly. <i>" I know you..." </i> his voice had ricocheted in her brain. But from when? and where? How could he, know her? She certainly knew of him, but she did not <i>know</i> him before this day.

Or did she? She considered the possibilities.

When she was on Coruscant, she tended to avoid the circles the Doctor would be a part of, but was not unfamiliar with that particular set of society. There were a few times during her late teens she had stayed with Dr. Ivins and his wife Kell. She learned to dress up, mind her manners and accompanied them to social functions. Introduced around as a bit of a niece, distant relative really, on his mother's side of the family. Sent off to gain a bit of culture and explore opportunities in the core, or so the story went.

Which was much more acceptable to the Coruscant elite than her father was running from Black Sun operatives and it was too dangerous for her to be with him for the time being until he managed to pay off his debts <i>with interest.</i> So, it was possible that Ollisen had spotted her at one of those stuffed shirt functions, in passing from long ago.

But it was also possible he was speaking of something else. Something older, and more dangerous. It was possible that he could offer her yet another small piece of her own puzzle. But that also implied that Dr. Ollisen was not who he seemed to be... which meant he had an agenda of his own. And that's where things could get dicey... very dicey indeed.

While most of the galaxy had moved on, believed that the Jedi were all but a myth; regarded them as a small group of power hungry individuals who had deceived the populace, lied about their abilities and used propaganda to control the Old Republic before the Emperor and Lord Vader had revealed their true nature and had restored peace and order to the galaxy. Or at least that was the story Empire's spin doctors had fed an entire generation of it's people. And that generation has so completely swallowed that lie that it was relatively safe for one who had been trained to exist unnoticed by most. <i>Provided</i> one didn't call attention to oneself, because there were still the hunters out there. Those that fed on discovering and destroying those who once answered to the name of <b><i>Jedi</i></b>.

If Dr. Jefsran Ollisen, was in anyway shape or form attached to that other life and had managed to not only survive on Coruscant, but thrive in the very heart of darkness and rise to his current position... that meant she was sitting next to someone with an incredibly high degree of skill... or someone a bit mad. She turned a quizzical eye to her guest. Or perhaps a little bit of both...

She finished her sip, "I do believe there is more to you than you generally allow people to see Doctor." Her eyes narrowed slightly.

<i>"Alright, I'll bite. How do you know me?"</i>

Ilias Nytrau
Jan 3rd, 2008, 10:57:01 PM
The doctor closed his eyes, and dropped an elbow on the countertop, resting his head on one cooled hand. The other hand wrapped casually around the slowly warming glass of water, his index finger tapping at it.

"One could say the same about you, madame proprietor. Everyone has dirty laundry."

His was more than he'd care to show her. What he gave everyone to see, and what the full story was - it was the difference between whether you were amongst the living, or...less fortunate. That had not always been the case, but some pieces of the puzzle that was Ilias Nytrau, the few holders had taken to their treacherous graves brought by betrayal. There were darker things about this veiled life other than the fact that he was a master Jedi. And that alone was enough to call for his blood. That door was one he would not allow Mu Satach to open, for her sake. And his.

He'd discovered the thing that he was by his twelfth birthday. All these years later, that thing was something he did not yet have a name for, and it had on a few occasions let itself be known in what he suspected was not entirely its full nature. No matter, though. It was a controlled issue, these days. There was no further blood on his hands.

I remember a younger face of yours. Older each time, but still very young. You had cuts and breaks and such, like all the younglings did, from time to time, and I was often there to give care for it, a simple yet apt use for my expertise. I remember you in the halls, robed all like the rest. You had innocence, once. I do not know what innocence feels like.

Mu Satach
Jan 4th, 2008, 12:02:44 AM
"Mmmmm.... yes. Some stains never seem to wash away no matter how hard you try."

Mu's gaze shifted to the mirror behind the bar, <i>cuts and bruises... cuts and bruises...</i>. Her mind drifted into the darkened hallways, blurred, out of focus. Faint golden tones echoed down marble halls.

<font color=yellow><i>"Satach! No!" but the voice was too late. She saw her small fist strike the face of an unfamiliar boy, who in turn tackled her to the ground. The two rolled across the dirt clawing, gripping, striking at one another.

"Take it BACK!" she heard her younger self yell in his face. Just then a pair of arms were pulling her into the air and away from her target.

"How many times must we go over this lesson? No means no young one." the woman looked back as another Jedi Master was pulling and removing the boy at the same time.

"It's not fair!" she continued to struggle in the womans arms.

"No it's not, but you've not the wisdom yet to ensure the response is a just one." The woman sat her down and inspected Mu's face and arms. She discovered a deep puncture wound from what looked to be a bite. "Come on, we have to get you to the healers."

"I don't like going there, it's cold."

"Well, then learn to be a better fighter. Or better yet, how to avoid unpleasant confrontations." </i></font>

The corner of her mouth curled upwards. She couldn't see the womans face yet, didn't have a clue who she was, but she knew the voice. And she also knew without a doubt that it was with a certain amount of disappointment that Mu had learned to be a better fighter, and not a negotiator.

Flipping through what hazy moments were there of the multiple healer faces she saw. No where was there anyone remotely resembling the Dr. that sat beside her now.

<i>"I don't recall your face, but then again my memory's a bit fuzzy on details."</i>

"So tell me doctor, do you do any teaching? I imagine there would be a line of young hot shot medical students who would like to glean a bit of knowledge and skill from that mind of yours."

Ilias Nytrau
Jan 5th, 2008, 07:17:30 AM
There are...reasons as to why my face bears no resemblance. Think of a man with red hair, blue eyes and pale skin. Think of a somewhat shorter man, about 5'10". That is who you should remember.

Ilias did not resemble the man whom he had described. He stood at least a good foot taller, outside of the obvious differences in colouring. While directing her thoughts, he had also slowly faded in an image. A tidily robed, clean shaven man in his mid-twenties to early thirties, decently kept light red hair, and such vibrant blue eyes that any dreamer could easily get lost in. And hands, warm hands, that made the difference in the 'cold' of the areas of the healers. He did not discourage Mu's fighting that day, and chastise her, but rather shook his head and spread a small, kind smile on his face...one that matched what some would call his 'aura' - comforting, calming, and warming.

"He should not have said what he did, young miss. Such taunting is unbecoming of a Jedi. As for you..."

He paused, paying attention to the puncture, one warm hand wrapped around her upper left arm, the thumb passing slowly back and forth over the wound. This was painless. Within a scant few moments, the wound was as if it had never been. He sat up, rubbed his strangely soft hands together, then folded them in his robed lap. He looked on the young girl with a deeper eye. Within recent years, he had begun to see things that others could not. His skill in medicinal examination had spilled over into a greater area of intense scrutiny and discernment.

"...as for you, you must learn to pick your battles. Some things are not worth the reaction you have given today. I can, however, see you becoming quite the proficient fighter. That is your strength, overall. You are just...missing your peace. You will find it, girl. Someday. Now, be on your way. The remainder of the day lies ahead."

Jefsran drummed his fingers on the bartop, humming a moment before answering Satach's query. That warm 'aura' that surrounded him was well-guarded, but he believed she had felt it already. It was one of the scant few familiarites left of his earlier self.

"I have been asked, on numerous occasions. Students actually come to me, to learn to apply their skills in one of the best settings that could be provided. That is, there are a great deal of students that come through the doors of my facilities at one time or another during their tenure at their medical institutions, and either come out better for it, or really get to know whether or not if this is what they truly want to do with the rest of their lives. The medical field is always progressing, and not everyone can keep pace."

Mu Satach
Jan 6th, 2008, 11:52:06 PM
Mu absently rubbed her arm where the bite had been. With Jefsran's aide the view expanded and snapped into focus, if only for a moment. The warm hands, the blue eyes searching hers, she felt her tiny head nod in response to his directions.

She closed her eyes and savored the moment, knowing that it would fade. She sighed, opened her eyes and stirred her coffee.

"What if someone wanted to study memory reconstruction? What would a potential student need to do, to become a student of yours?" She took a drink and didn't look at him. "Hypothetically speaking of course."

Ilias Nytrau
Jan 7th, 2008, 12:17:11 AM
Ilias laced his fingers, and leaned back a little. He watched silently as she savoured the memory, and he knew full well that such good moments were infrequent, especially in this day and age. He had many of his own memories to savour and reminisce over. Memories that generally had no potential of making a repeat. The same went for her. Her question was a good one, and he could definitely see how she was bringing the two conversations together, and being skillfully vague about it. That made him smile.

"The student would have to be interested. I, nor any other person, is allowed to force a student to delve into a field he or she is not interested in. Also, there must be promise. The student should show some sort of aptitude for, well, the abstract. When it comes to the mind, it is never concrete. There is no single right or wrong answer when it comes to the nonphysical aspects of us all. Instead, there are many routes to the solution."

The doctor took a gulp of water, diminishing the glass' fill to less than half.

"Providing he or she is interested, and ready for such a thing, they must be ready to accept that it may take many, many tries to really understand the work, and perform it well. It is not an easy field. There is no failiure, just many successes that are not the result which is being sought. Just because something does not turn out the way we desire, does not make it the attempt unsuccessful. It is a success because we then know that it is one method of many that simply does not yield the result."

Mu Satach
Jan 10th, 2008, 01:54:50 PM
Mu stirred her coffee slowly. Part of her wanted to improve her mental skills, learn from this man sitting beside her. Part of her wanted to turn around, head back into her office, retreat back into the realm of the known.

Skirting along the razors edge of shadow and light was becoming increasingly dangerous ever since she had started remembering the truth of her nature. She was changing, into what she didn't know. Masking that change from the underbelly she had existed in for most of her life was becoming increasingly difficult. Without a doubt, she knew that unless she learned to master herself better, those she cared deeply about around her would be put in danger.

She took a sip and inwardly sighed. <i>Things were so much easier when you were just angry at everything and didn't give a mynock's backside about anyone.</i>

"I assume a student would need to relocate for a time to your facilities?"

Ilias Nytrau
Jan 10th, 2008, 10:36:16 PM
"Ideally, yes."

Mental restructuring of any kind was not a concrete, step-by-step field. Very few students succeeded in such areas as they would get insuffrably frustrated, calling such matters of the mind a 'lost art of the Jedi'. How little they knew. How little they all knew. Though the extrasensory perception a Jedi commanded was indeed useful, not many of them could affect a mind beyond tricks. There were a rare few that could handily restore or deprive functions, or furthermore command and control, and most were found to be dangerous, twisted individuals who latched too much to the more unsavoury items of this potential. Power was indeed a corrupting thing. However, for a normal medical student, one without such ability, it was either exciting or tedious. Middle-ground was not the norm in medicine, as those that were there wanted to be there. Very few were in it for the credits.

"It is rather difficult to instruct otherwise, as I am sure you could imagine."

Mu Satach
Jan 12th, 2008, 12:51:08 AM
She swirled her coffee a bit, "So is there an entrance exam? or can one just formally submit an application?" She slid a sideways glance at him and her mouth twitched.

<i>Letters of reference may be difficult to acquire.</i>

Ilias Nytrau
Jan 12th, 2008, 09:48:52 PM
That, believe it or not, is of little consequence.

He smiled, an odd half-smile, almost as if he had something up his sleeve.

"Students make an application of interest. However, it is by my personal discernment and viewing of each individual that decides their placement or not. It is the same with how I select my staff. And I have a very good eye."

He sipped again, finally, at the almost forgotten water. It was warming up a little, but still quite cold enough for his liking. The doctor could never appreciate drinking water if it were warm.

"Not every student that walks through my doors is from a medical school. I know well that formal education does not always dictate potential and ability."

Mu Satach
Jan 13th, 2008, 11:36:17 PM
<i>Well then, I formally submit an application to study under you.</i>

She'd made her decision. Now it was up to the good Dr. sitting beside her to determine if he wanted a new student or not. If rejected, she'd accept it with a soft smile. Some doors opened to her, some did not. She was however, compelled to at least jiggle the handles of those she passed by. It was the thought of not trying that irritated her. Success or failure, go or no go, do or do not, she could live her life with that. But to sit and spend her time just wondering "what if" was worse than failure.

Right now she desired to regain control of her mind more than anything. The vast caverns of half thoughts, memories that vanished into the ether, not knowing what was conjecture and what was real were all slowly driving her mad.

She didn't expect to regain a perfect reconstruction of her former self, but not knowing who she was or where she came from left her feeling groundless, trapped, and uncertain. Uncertainty meant second guessing every decision, every action, every step. It meant hesitation. Hesitation was as good as a death warrant on the rim.

Ilias Nytrau
Jan 14th, 2008, 12:04:55 AM
Very well, then.

He smiled politely. Ilias could feel her hesitation before coming to a decision, but every decision in his opinion, must have some thought, some rationality behind it, however brief. The biggest steps, sometimes, are the blindest leaps. The littlest steps, command the largest effort. Often, life was like that. But hesitation, too much hesitation, lead to inaction. Inaction does not breed progress...mentally, physically, or otherwise. Jefsran finished up the glass of water.

Tomorrow I intend to take a work-free day. You are welcome to join me, perhaps show me around. I leave the next day.

"I personally have no students at this time, and..." He thought, rubbing his chin. "...surprisingly, have recieved no recent applications for areas that the other staff cannot easily impart their knowledge on. My last student went on to further study in another area that my tutelage aided him in attaining admittance to."

Jefsran tugged at his casual jacket, straightening it out.

"Seeing that I spend probably more time offworld in research than I do actually at the center, my students have almost always accompanied me on my journeys. When I have them."

Mu Satach
Jan 14th, 2008, 07:24:19 PM
"That sounds like an impressive opportunity for any student." Mu finished off her cup of coffee. "Tell me Doctor, would you care for a personal tour of the city tomorrow? Offered by myself as a humble guide?"

Ilias Nytrau
Jan 15th, 2008, 11:30:06 AM
Ilias stood up from his seat, and began to zip and button the casual navy blue jacket he wore. This evening had turned from a simple act of attempted relaxation to a bit of what would seem to most as unexpected. But little surprised this man anymore. This man whom, through his lifetime had discovered he is more than he thought, has loved, lost, experienced bitter darkness, indifference, and much more. Yes, difficulties were old devils finding safe harbour in his life more than once upon a time.

"I would be most appreciative of your company, miss."

He slid each hand into their respective pockets on his trousers.

"Well, I must be going. I have some reading to get to, but...." He paused. "..I do wake unseemingly early. Perhaps, I will see you at my ship when you are ready, then? I prefer my own simple comforts to the plush ones of some hotels. Oa, it is called."

Oa, in remembrance.

Mu Satach
Jan 16th, 2008, 01:38:23 AM
"Well, should you get any late night cravings, Ming Whah's delivery service is efficient for picking up any variety of food or entertainment. You'll find them in the directory." Mu stood up and faced the Doctor. "Until the morning." and bowed her head slightly.

Ilias Nytrau
Jan 20th, 2008, 08:41:23 PM
The doctor bowed his head in return, and turned to leave.

"Good evening."

And so, he departed for the remainder of the night.

[Continues here.]