PDA

View Full Version : A Very Merry Christmas

Fiona Devlin
Dec 28th, 2007, 11:44:08 AM
CHRISTMAS EVE
7:05 PM

"MICHELE!!! MICHELE!!! COME QUICK!!! COME QUICK!!!"

:: Fiona's voice was frantic as she raced down the hall into the bedroom with a wild eyed look on her face. She hopped up and down in place like she was on fire, then grabbed Michele by the hand and hurried her into the living room ::

Michele Hawkins
Dec 28th, 2007, 11:57:13 AM
I swear a five alarm fire must've sounded cuz Fiona was screaming bloody murder.

"What's wrong?" I ask, about ready to grab my sword. With Fiona around, there's always a constant buzz around me. I thought maybe she felt someone else, that wasn't Brigid or Trevor of course. Man, hah! I never thought about it, but living here makes it hard to know if someone is sneaking up on you.

The look on her face was just her usual insane childlike way. So I allow myself to get dragged along and try to guess what she planned.

Fiona Devlin
Dec 28th, 2007, 12:03:00 PM
:: Her face contorted in a half scream, she pointed at the TV screen ::

"LOOK!!!" she cried in excitment.

The Polar Express was playing on the Television

"They're so real ... " she gasped. "Macushla, how do they make them look so real???!!!"

:: Her eyes were huge and childlike as she watched ::

Michele Hawkins
Dec 28th, 2007, 12:11:09 PM
"Waitaminute!" I laugh and I point at the TV in my own kinda amazement. The kind that goes Fiona's at it again. "You've never seen CGI???!"

Fiona Devlin
Dec 28th, 2007, 12:16:31 PM
:: Fiona blinked ::

"CGI??? That's CGI???"

:: She still held Michele's hand as she tip toed over to the screen for a closer look ::

"wow ..." she murmured to herself, just loud enough for Michele to hear. She stood in total awe of it.

Michele Hawkins
Dec 28th, 2007, 12:25:55 PM
I chuckle. "Are you sure you're over a 1000 years old?" :p

Fiona Devlin
Dec 28th, 2007, 12:30:37 PM
:: Fiona blushed as she squeezed Michele's hand gently ::

"Technology moves so much faster these days. It's quite surreal."

Michele Hawkins
Dec 28th, 2007, 12:36:14 PM
"Heh, it's ok." I kiss her forehead and we both sit down on the couch to watch the movie. "Moves fast for normal folk too. So don't worry. I just love messing wit'cha!"

Fiona Devlin
Dec 28th, 2007, 12:40:49 PM
:: Fiona poked her bellybutton, but quickly became enthralled with the Polar Express again. Wide eyed and child-like, her lips would move from time to time, as though she were talking to herself, but she was perfectly silent til the movie was over ::

Kassandra
Dec 29th, 2007, 09:53:26 AM
The awed and wondering silence that gripped Fiona was disturbed suddenly by three, sharp knocks.

Someone was at the front door.

Michele Hawkins
Dec 29th, 2007, 09:55:20 AM
I felt it before the knock. That buzz in the back of my head to announce one of our kind. There was another Immortal at the door. "Hey. Maybe Brigid or Trevor stopped by!"

I was excited. I love my little network of Immortal family.

Fiona Devlin
Dec 29th, 2007, 10:08:21 AM
:: Fiona blinked back into the real world and hopped over to the door. She opened it to find her Mentor on the other side, and froze like a deer ::

Kassandra
Dec 29th, 2007, 10:18:16 AM
Though she wore a thick winter pea coat, Kassandra's dimpled cheeks were pink from the cold. Icily, she smiled.

“Hello, Fiona... Merry Christmas.”

Michele Hawkins
Dec 29th, 2007, 10:19:27 AM
Oooookay. That voice belong to who now? I peel myself off the couch and get nosy ...

Fiona Devlin
Dec 29th, 2007, 10:39:59 AM
:: A timid murmur came from Fiona's lips ::

"hello mother."

Michele Hawkins
Dec 29th, 2007, 10:46:26 AM
Mother? I've never heard Fiona use that before. Hell, the only person that uses that is Brigid when she refers to Fiona as 'Mom'.

Oh heeeey! I get it!!!

I pop my head around the corner to get a look at the woman that trained her, but I try to be smooth about it. Fiona seems to be all demur around her, and nothing really does that to her. I wonder why...

Kassandra
Dec 29th, 2007, 11:09:06 AM
The smile did not leave her lips – if anything, it grew. Her gaze, however, shifted, focus moving instead to the head peeking out at her from within. The sight of Michele seemed to make her eyes sparkle. “Merry Christmas,” she said again, and then returned her attention to Fiona, both eyebrows lifting expectantly.

Fiona Devlin
Dec 29th, 2007, 11:13:35 AM
"merry christmas." she managed to squeak. "please come in."

Michele Hawkins
Dec 29th, 2007, 11:15:51 AM
Well, she seems nice. And Fiona wouldn't just let anyone into our home soooo ... I stand next to her and elbow her smoothly in the ribs to break her outta her funk. This is way to weird for me. Fiona being non-talkative.

"Hi!" I finally just give up and introduce myself. I extend my hand. "Merry Christmas. I'm Michele."

Kassandra
Dec 29th, 2007, 04:38:31 PM
An invitation issued, Kassandra stepped inside. She removed the black beret hat perched on her head and smiled prettily to both Fiona and her comparatively vivacious young friend.

“Michele, lovely to meet you... I'm Kassandra, Kass if you prefer. I'm afraid I didn't realize that Fiona would have guests, otherwise I would have brought more...” As she spoke, she hefted the tote on her arm. Opened up, the bag revealed a rather large bottle of mulled wine and a tin of fine Edinburgh shortbread. Her eyes lifting, she caught Michele's gaze and smiled mischievously.

“Just a little something to warm you on these cold winter nights, hm?”

Fiona Devlin
Jan 2nd, 2008, 10:59:58 AM
"Thank you."

:: Her face unseen, was haunted as she closed the door. She managed a smile before turning around again. Beneath the Christmas tree, a pair of feline eyes looked warily at the visitor ::

Michele Hawkins
Jan 2nd, 2008, 11:03:12 AM
I smile back and take the goodies from Kass. "That's ok. It's a pleasure to meet you too!"

I make my way into the kitchen and start to get the wine and bread ready. "Why don't you get her coat, Fi. Then you two can relax and catch up!"

This was going to be a great night! We have company of another Immortal and maybe I can learn some things about Fiona first hand!

Kassandra
Jan 3rd, 2008, 04:08:54 PM
Fiona took Kassandra's peacoat, as suggested. Beneath it Kass was wearing a black halter neck dress, willowy and elegant. Against the dark fabric, her pale skin looked all the fairer. The cat under the tree scurried away at her approach, hiding behind the couch.

“This is a very nice place you have here, Fiona. A little more homey than the last.”

Fiona Devlin
Jan 3rd, 2008, 04:35:39 PM
"Thank you." she said humbly.

:: Kassandra, as always, dressed elegantly. Fiona by contrast had been caught in simple jeans and t-shirt. Feeling small, she padded back into the living room and sat ::

"You look beautiful, Kass."

Michele Hawkins
Jan 3rd, 2008, 04:38:42 PM
I bring out two glass of wine and a plate of bread, carved up with some cheese I found in the fridge. No idea what, so hopefully it works.

"So what did the other place look like?" I ask before grabbing a glass of my own.

Kassandra
Jan 3rd, 2008, 05:07:44 PM
There was colour in Kassandra's cheeks, though whether it was from the compliment or the cold outside was not obvious. She mouthed a 'thank you' to Fiona, then turned to Michele, still glancing around at the quaint decor of the apartment. Her eyes shone.

“The last time I saw Fiona, she was living somewhere more... bohemian would be the best word for it, I think. How times change. It's good to see you've settled down, at last.”

Fiona Devlin
Jan 3rd, 2008, 05:34:18 PM
:: Fiona remained silent, lost in the glamour and suprise of her Mentor's appearance. It had been several centuries since they'd last met ::

Michele Hawkins
Jan 3rd, 2008, 05:39:15 PM
"You don't even know the half of it!" I'm giddy. What can I say? Kass is simply amazing. It's like she walked outta a dream, perfect and beautiful with all this knowledge from god knows how many centuries. It's like the missing link to Fiona's life is sitting across from me.

Speaking of which, I nudge her and raise my brows expectantly. "Don't you wanna tell her the good news?"

I mean, Kass is like a mother to her, Fiona should tell her we're engaged! Not stealing that thunder.

Kassandra
Jan 3rd, 2008, 06:32:26 PM
“The good news?”

Kass looked to Fiona, who still sat silent and apparently stunned.

Fiona Devlin
Jan 3rd, 2008, 06:40:15 PM
:: Fiona's cheeks burned under Kassandra's eyes ::

"Michele Hawkins and I are getting married."

:: She slapped her hands over her face, but was unable to conceal her girlish grin ::

Michele Hawkins
Jan 3rd, 2008, 06:45:00 PM
"Isn't it great!" I burst out and lean over the coffee table to show Kass the engagement ring. "Fiona knows how to pick the perfect ring to symbolize our relationship."

I feel like a school girl who's heart is about to explode.

Oh wait! I am a school girl! :D

Kassandra
Jan 3rd, 2008, 06:58:51 PM
“Married?!”

Kassandra's eyes were wide. There was shock in them but also, somewhere deep down, there was glee... a malicious glee that Fiona would recognize. Wheels were whirring into motion behind her eyes. Caught up in sudden excitement, Kassandra embraced Michele tightly, looking over her shoulder to Fiona. She was grinning.

“You must tell me everything.”

Fiona Devlin
Jan 9th, 2008, 01:23:53 PM
:: Fiona's face was panic stricken, and in a wicked coincidence, the Grinch Song emanated from the television. All she could manage was a puppy squeak before excusing herself to the bathroom ::

Michele Hawkins
Jan 9th, 2008, 08:29:21 PM
I return the hug, tho it kinda took me by surprised by how quickly Kass wrapped her arms around me. Least Mom approves right? :D

We pull apart but she's still got a hold of my arms in excitement. "There's so much that's happened that I'm not sure where to begin."

Kassandra
Jan 11th, 2008, 11:16:24 AM
Kassandra smiled brightly.

“Wherever takes your fancy! I'm sure there are many, many stories we have to share with each other.”

Michele Hawkins
Jan 11th, 2008, 02:44:22 PM
Kass is really sweet and I get that sense it'll be easy to talk with her. I dunno, she just has this welcoming aura around her :D Well where to begin?l I won't get into how Fiona and I first met. That would be kinda crazy and awkward. Oh I know!

"Well, Fiona and I met while I was in school. She was being annoying and playing on the piano while we both waited for my teacher. I wanted to kill her because I couldn't study!"

Kassandra
Jan 31st, 2008, 09:07:00 PM
“Oh, my I know that feeling all too well!” Kassandra laughed, light and sparkling. “But with a talent like hers, it's impossible to stay mad for too long. I was never much of a musician myself, nor an artist of any kind if I'm honest. I'm quite content just being a muse to others,” she added, with a impish smile.

Michele Hawkins
Feb 1st, 2008, 02:01:26 PM
"Really? A muse to others?" I echoed, lingering on every word she had to say. My curiosity was bubbling over that it probably showed in my face. How eager I was to know Kass.

"In what ways ... if I can ask?" Eager but shy. I can't help it. I feel like this large shadow of ageless knowledge was scrutinizing in less then obvious ways. I know Kass was interested in me, but bah ... I sound paranoid don't I?

Fiona Devlin
Feb 2nd, 2008, 09:22:51 AM
:: Fiona scampered back to the room, sitting down in Michele's lap ::

"I hope only nice things have been said about me."

:: She kissed Michele on the cheek and looked at Kass. She felt a bit more confident now, sitting on her lover's lap ::

Kassandra
Feb 10th, 2008, 07:50:27 PM
“Of course, you know I've always had nothing but praise for you.”

As she spoke, Kassandra's eyes met Fiona's.

“You were my greatest pupil.”

Michele Hawkins
Feb 11th, 2008, 07:38:58 PM
I snug Fiona close, looking at her with adoration as I chide. "So, I guess that means I have one of the best teachers, eh?"

Kass could sense I was an Immortal so it wasn't like I was giving out State secrets or something.

Fiona Devlin
Feb 12th, 2008, 05:38:31 PM
:: The attention made Fiona want to bolt again, but Michele held her around the waist to keep her from escaping. Still, she managed to stretch towards the coffee table just close enough to snatch a cookie. It was the next best thing to hiding, and she didn't have to talk. She simply munched, her cheeks full of home made cookie goodness ::

Kassandra
Feb 26th, 2008, 07:55:14 PM
“Fiona was a marvelous pupil. As for her skills as a teacher...”

Kassandra smiled, thinly. It was a shrewd smile.

“I shall have to put them to the test myself someday. Perhaps with a little friendly swordplay.”

Michele Hawkins
Feb 26th, 2008, 08:42:04 PM
All of the color drained outta my face. I could feel it. That tingle that happens before it starts getting chilly. Yeah, that was me right now.

"Uh ..." I scratch the back of my head and look away like a child that just got into trouble. I dunno. The way she looked at me was weird. Something was going on behind those eyes and for the first time, I kinda had an idea how Fi felt in front of her.

How the hell could I possibly hold my own against HER?! Older then Fiona. OLDER THE FIONA!!! Good god. I'd be totally screwed. "... Maybe someday when I'm a bit more ... experienced."

I've only got one head notched on my buckle. I'd be another in hers.

Fiona Devlin
Feb 26th, 2008, 09:07:57 PM
:: Fiona went equally pale at the suggestion and managed to mouth a silent word at her mentor in a horrified pout ::

***please***

Kassandra
Feb 29th, 2008, 07:07:21 AM
Kassandra brought a hand to her lips, stifling a chuckle of rather twisted delight. Her eyes danced between both young women.

“Oh Michele, you've come over all pale... you haven't anything to be afraid of, I promise.”

Her laughter faded and she sighed, in resolution and content. Silence held for a moment, then Kassandra clapped her hands down onto her knees.

“Well, it was delightful seeing both of you, but I must be off now. I still have so much to prepare for tomorrow!”

Michele Hawkins
Mar 1st, 2008, 12:54:33 PM
A let out an exasperated chuckle, glad that she was only kidding around. I think ... For some reason, my gut was telling me not to be too relaxed around her anymore.

Still, it was nice meeting her and my nerves returned to say farewell. "Sorry to see you have to go now." Lie. "But I'm sure that there's a lot to do tomorrow for the holiday!" Truth.