Minnesota at Denver W
W Pittsburgh at Baltimore
W San Diego at Oakland
St. Louis at Arizona W
W Tennessee at Indianapolis

Rutabaga
Dec 28th, 2007, 08:34:36 PM
Saturday, Dec. 29
New England at N.Y. Giants (W) a girl can hope, can't she?

Sunday, Dec. 30
Buffalo (W) at Philadelphia
Carolina at Tampa Bay (W)
Cincinnati at Miami (W)
Detroit at Green Bay (W)
Jacksonville (W) at Houston
New Orleans at Chicago (W)
Seattle (W) at Atlanta
San Francisco (W) at Cleveland
Dallas (W) at Washington
Kansas City (W) at N.Y. Jets
Minnesota (W) at Denver
Pittsburgh (W) at Baltimore
San Diego (W) at Oakland
St. Louis at Arizona (W)
Tennessee at Indianapolis (W)

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 28th, 2007, 08:38:31 PM
I was waiting for somebody to pick the Giants :p I honestly don't give them much chance mainly because they aren't that good and will get slaughtered in the first round of the playoffs.

Yog
Dec 29th, 2007, 07:05:59 AM
New England (W) at N.Y. Giants

Sunday, Dec. 30
Buffalo at Philadelphia (W)
Carolina (W) at Tampa Bay
Cincinnati (W) at Miami
Detroit at Green Bay (W)
Jacksonville at Houston (W)
New Orleans (W) at Chicago
Seattle (W) at Atlanta
San Francisco at Cleveland (W)
Dallas at Washington (W)
Kansas City at N.Y. Jets (W)
Minnesota (W) at Denver
San Diego (W) at Oakland
St. Louis at Arizona (W)
Tennessee (W) at Indianapolis

Rutabaga
Dec 29th, 2007, 08:00:16 AM
I was waiting for somebody to pick the Giants :p I honestly don't give them much chance mainly because they aren't that good and will get slaughtered in the first round of the playoffs.

It all depends on which Eli Manning shows up. If he pulls this off, I swear I will finally give up the grudge I've been holding against him since he dissed San Diego when they drafted him.

I know it's a foolish choice, I'll win the lottery before the Giants win tonight, but I just still had to do it. My hope is that if the Patriots do win tonight, then they'll get nailed in the first round of the playoffs :evil.

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 29th, 2007, 06:58:24 PM

It all depends on which Eli Manning shows up. If he pulls this off, I swear I will finally give up the grudge I've been holding against him since he dissed San Diego when they drafted him.

I know it's a foolish choice, I'll win the lottery before the Giants win tonight, but I just still had to do it. My hope is that if the Patriots do win tonight, then they'll get nailed in the first round of the playoffs :evil.

You mean second round :p Although they would get Jacksonville or Pittsburgh (or maybe even Tennessee or Cleveland) I don't see none of those teams beating them. The only AFC team that could beat them is the Colts and with the way they are so banged up, I am not sure about that.

Figrin D'an
Dec 29th, 2007, 07:11:40 PM
You mean second round :p Although they would get Jacksonville or Pittsburgh (or maybe even Tennessee or Cleveland) I don't see none of those teams beating them. The only AFC team that could beat them is the Colts and with the way they are so banged up, I am not sure about that.

Don't sleep on Jacksonville. They play excellent defense, run the football very well and their quarterback doesn't make many mistakes. Despite being from Florida, they are built to win cold-weather, grinding games in places like Pittsburgh or New England. I will not be surprised at all if the Jags make a run in the playoffs.

Yog
Dec 29th, 2007, 09:14:26 PM
The only AFC team that could beat them is the Colts and with the way they are so banged up, I am not sure about that.

Jaguars are no walkover. They may even be just as good as the Colts. Right now, Patriots are not looking that great playing vs Giants.

Park Kraken
Dec 29th, 2007, 09:52:55 PM
Sunday, Dec. 30
Buffalo (W) at Philadelphia
Carolina at Tampa Bay (W)
Cincinnati (W) at Miami
Detroit at Green Bay (W)
Jacksonville (W) at Houston
New Orleans at Chicago (W)
Seattle at Atlanta (W)
San Francisco at Cleveland (W)
Dallas (W) at Washington
Kansas City at N.Y. Jets (W)
Minnesota (W) at Denver
San Diego (W) at Oakland
St. Louis at Arizona (W)
Tennessee at Indianapolis (W)

Park Kraken
Dec 29th, 2007, 09:56:53 PM

Is there a playoff schedule right now of who will play who?

Even though I'm glad they made it to the playoffs, I don't think the Bucs will survive the first round, no matter who they play against, at least considering the way they have been playing recently.

Kale
Dec 29th, 2007, 10:12:33 PM
Most of the playoff positions are set, but not all of them. Neither #6 seed is determined yet, and the #3 Chargers and #4 Steelers could potentially swap positions.

If the Chargers lose to the Raiders (heheh) and the Steelers beat the Ravens, the Steelers will overtake the Chargers for the #3 seed.

The Titans and Browns are in competition for the #6 seed in the AFC, but it's in the Titans' hands. If they win in Indy, they're in and the Browns are out. If they lose, the Browns are in. The only way the Browns' final game means anything is if the Colts and Titans tie.

In the NFC, there are three teams with a shot at the #6 seed. If the Redskins win in Dallas, they're in. If the Redskins lose and the Vikings win, they're in. If they both lose and the Saints win, they're in. If all three lose, the Redskins are still in.

Assuming the Steelers and Chargers remain where they are, these will be the wildcard matchups:

#6 Titans/Browns at #3 Chargers
#5 Jaguars at #4 Steelers

#6 Redskins/Vikings/Saints at #3 Seahawks
#5 Giants at #4 Buccaneers

The #1 seeds (Patriots and Cowboys) will then host the lowest available seeds, and the #2 seeds (Colts and Packers) will host whoever's left over.

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 29th, 2007, 10:56:56 PM
Well the Pats went 16-0 although it was a lot closer than I thought it be. Brady had a great second half to bring them back. About Jacksonville, I am just not confident in them. The Colts dominanated them twice and the only really good team they played was San Diego and they are just too up and down. I didn't count the Steelers because they haven't played very good the last month.

Rutabaga
Dec 30th, 2007, 07:55:19 AM
I almost wish the game had been a blowout instead of the Giants teasing me and giving me hope. :shakefist I turned it off after the Patriots made it 28-23 and Manning got sacked for a huge loss, because you could just feel the momentum change, and I knew it was a goner at that point.

Eli Manning, the grudge lives on. :shakefist

My father and I are afraid of a nightmare scenario for the Super Bowl. Patriots vs. Cowpies. Don't like either team. If it happens, it may be the first time I'll ever boycott the Super Bowl because it will be a lose-lose situation for me. :shakefist

Rutabaga
Dec 30th, 2007, 03:29:59 PM
OMG, my picks for the morning games sucked. :lol

Park Kraken
Dec 30th, 2007, 05:59:57 PM
If I had remembered the statement about TB using their secondaries, I probably would have picked Carolina instead, but other than that I don't see any faults with the teams that I went with.

That being said, was Jacksonville playing with their secondaries, or were they just outplayed by Houston? That game, and the Redskins versus the Cowboys, are the only real upsets I see going on right now.

Rutabaga
Dec 30th, 2007, 06:37:14 PM
OMG, I sucked all day. :lol

Yog
Dec 30th, 2007, 06:37:26 PM
That being said, was Jacksonville playing with their secondaries, or were they just outplayed by Houston?

I knew Jaguars were resting starters, so I saw that one coming :)

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 30th, 2007, 06:49:33 PM
I almost took Baltimore and Houston. I thought about but decided not to be so daring. Well my Chiefs get the #3 pick, they better take either Dorsey or that stud OT from Michigan. They don't need Mcfadden (even though he is an unbelievable RB). If he is the only of those three players left I trade the pick and get more picks.

Yog
Dec 30th, 2007, 06:58:43 PM
Personally was very close to picking Bears and Falcons. Although, it won't matter because I should still have another solid week, and it looks like I could do the SWFans double this year! :crack

Still waiting for the results of the Titans game, but I have a 23 point lead, with LenDale White and Rob Bironas left to play, while Liam got Vince Young.

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 30th, 2007, 07:12:40 PM
Yeah your team's win would be very surprsing you were the 7th seed. I would have won if there hadn't been an ice storm in Boston. Brady had his worse fantasy game all year.

Yog
Dec 30th, 2007, 08:17:27 PM
Yeah your team's win would be very surprsing you were the 7th seed. I would have won if there hadn't been an ice storm in Boston. Brady had his worse fantasy game all year.

It would seem that way, but actually, in the regular season, out of the eight losses five were 5 points or less + a tie, and 2 of those were against you (a 4 point loss + a 1 point loss), so I used my quota of bad luck before the playoffs. The week with the ice storm, Manning had only 1 TD which is very unusual (one of his TD's were cancelled even).

My performance in the playoffs had a lot to do with picking up key players from the waiver wire by the end of the season and playing them at the right moment. This week for example, I picked up Kurt Warner who paid off in a big way with a 27 point production. I also carefully evaded players being rested, and found the optimal RB combo based on the matchups. Actually, if you look at the points production in the playoffs, I'm sure I am the top scorer there. I am on target for well over 100 points again this week.

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 30th, 2007, 08:38:02 PM

It would seem that way, but actually, in the regular season, out of the eight losses five were 5 points or less + a tie, and 2 of those were against you (a 4 point loss + a 1 point loss), so I used my quota of bad luck before the playoffs. The week with the ice storm, Manning had only 1 TD which is very unusual (one of his TD's were cancelled even).

My performance in the playoffs had a lot to do with picking up key players from the waiver wire by the end of the season and playing them at the right moment. This week for example, I picked up Kurt Warner who paid off in a big way with a 27 point production. I also carefully evaded players being rested, and found the optimal RB combo based on the matchups. Actually, if you look at the points production in the playoffs, I'm sure I am the top scorer there. I am on target for well over 100 points again this week.

Wow I thought I did a great job at working the waiver wire.

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 30th, 2007, 09:06:42 PM
White is sure not helping your team. Also Cleveland fans must be cheering right now.

Yog
Dec 31st, 2007, 04:41:47 AM
Disappointing by white, after 3 straight stud performances and in a game they had to win. Should have played Brandon Jacobs. Still I won 107-76. Looks like I am also winning a 50 players pickem league and with over 90% performance in salary cap. I'm happy :)

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 31st, 2007, 10:37:32 AM
Congrats, shows how it doesn't matter how you draft in a fantasy league but how you work the waiver wire.

Yog
Dec 31st, 2007, 02:34:13 PM
Congrats, shows how it doesn't matter how you draft in a fantasy league but how you work the waiver wire.

Yeah. I would not go as far to say draft is irrelevant though, but I think this was a good example how you can turn the season around. Here is how my team looked like after the draft:

1. (10) Willie Parker
2. (11) Peyton Manning
3. (30) Thomas Jones
4. (31) Larry Fitzgerald
5. (50) Reggie Brown
6. (51) Julius Jones
7. (70) Alge Crumpler
8. (71) Jerricho Cotchery
9. (90) Chester Taylor
10. (91) Denver
11. (110) Muhsin Muhammad
12. (111) Jeff Wilkins
13. (130) Matt Jones
14. (131) Carolina
15. (150) Amani Toomer

Compare this to my week 17 roster:
QB: Peyton Manning, David Garrard, Kurt Warner
WR: Roddy White, Anquan Boldin, Jerricho Cotchery, Kevin Curtis
RB: Brandon Jacobs, Aaron Stecker, Najeh Davenport, LenDale White, Thomas Jones
TE: Tony Scheffler
K: Rob Bironas
Def: Minnesota

It's an entirely different team. Only 3 players survived my team the full season. Granted, I traded Fitzgerald away, and Willy Parker I cut because he got injured before the final week. Still, only my top 4 picks of the draft were consistantly useful for me + Cotchery. The rest were either mediocre or outright flops.

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 31st, 2007, 08:45:18 PM

Yeah. I would not go as far to say draft is irrelevant though, but I think this was a good example how you can turn the season around. Here is how my team looked like after the draft:

1. (10) Willie Parker
2. (11) Peyton Manning
3. (30) Thomas Jones
4. (31) Larry Fitzgerald
5. (50) Reggie Brown
6. (51) Julius Jones
7. (70) Alge Crumpler
8. (71) Jerricho Cotchery
9. (90) Chester Taylor
10. (91) Denver
11. (110) Muhsin Muhammad
12. (111) Jeff Wilkins
13. (130) Matt Jones
14. (131) Carolina
15. (150) Amani Toomer

Compare this to my week 17 roster:
QB: Peyton Manning, David Garrard, Kurt Warner
WR: Roddy White, Anquan Boldin, Jerricho Cotchery, Kevin Curtis
RB: Brandon Jacobs, Aaron Stecker, Najeh Davenport, LenDale White, Thomas Jones
TE: Tony Scheffler
K: Rob Bironas
Def: Minnesota

It's an entirely different team. Only 3 players survived my team the full season. Granted, I traded Fitzgerald away, and Willy Parker I cut because he got injured before the final week. Still, only my top 4 picks of the draft were consistantly useful for me + Cotchery. The rest were either mediocre or outright flops.

The same thing happened with me. Most of my starters were waiver wire guys.

On to football news the firing coaches have begun
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3175037
Billick is the first casuality. I think the Niner coach will be fired soon and obviously the Falcolns will need a new coach. Not sure what the Dolphins will do. The Chiefs ownership should fire both Edwards and the GM but I am not sure if that will happen.

Yog
Jan 1st, 2008, 10:29:28 AM
On to football news the firing coaches have begun
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3175037
Billick is the first casuality. I think the Niner coach will be fired soon and obviously the Falcolns will need a new coach. Not sure what the Dolphins will do. The Chiefs ownership should fire both Edwards and the GM but I am not sure if that will happen.

Looks like you will be right about the Niner coach:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=txninersnolan&prov=st&type=lgns

Dolphins new executive vice president Parcells started his workday by firing Mueller, assistant director of player personnel Mike Baugh and college scouting coordinator Rick Thompson. More changes will likely occur:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-dolphins-gmfired&prov=ap&type=lgns

.. and yeah, definitely things going on with the Falcons:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-falconswrapup&prov=ap&type=lgns

I feel that Falcon's disaster had less to do with the coaching, but how they lost Vick due to that dog fighting scandal. It was a blow to their entire team. Also you just can't build an offense around a player like that, replace him with freaking Harrington and expect your season to go well.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 1st, 2008, 02:09:54 PM
The Niners will probably fire Nolan because it is his third year. Usually teams give coaches 3 seasons at worse. It is probably why the Chiefs and Jets won't be firing their coaches. The Falcolns was because as you said Vick. That messed up their team big time. Now the question with the Dolphins is Parcelles might not like the new coach and could fire him, but he might give him another year too so who knows.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 2nd, 2008, 10:52:10 AM
Week 17
Miranda Tarkin: 9-7
Aurelias Kazaar: 7-9
Nathanial K'cansce: 9-7
jjwr: 11-5
Kale: 10-6
Rutabaga: 4-12
Jedi Master Carr: 12-4
Yog: 12-4
Park Kraken 8-7
Liam Jinn 12-4

Season Totals through week 17
Yog (178-78)
jjwr (175-83)
Nathanial K'cansce (169-87)
Jedi Master Carr (166-90)
Kale (162-94)
Aurelias Kazaar (160-96)
Rutabaga (155-101)
Liam Jinn (153-87)
Miranda Tarkin (153-103)
Jedieb (147-79)
Park Kraken (146-91)
Ryan Pode (86-81)
JMK (84-46)
Lilaena De'Ville (62-38)

As always check your picks.

Rutabaga
Jan 2nd, 2008, 08:20:11 PM
Holy CRAP, I knew I stunk up the room with those picks. :lol

Hey, BTW, with all you guys talking about your fantasy leagues...I just saw this cartoon and couldn't help but think of all you guys. :)

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb164/Rutabaga64/luckycow.gif

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 2nd, 2008, 09:46:38 PM
Holy CRAP, I knew I stunk up the room with those picks. :lol

Hey, BTW, with all you guys talking about your fantasy leagues...I just saw this cartoon and couldn't help but think of all you guys. :)

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb164/Rutabaga64/luckycow.gif

lol that is funny.