PDA

View Full Version : So, I've been a long time away...

Pierce Tondry
Dec 25th, 2007, 08:42:19 AM
... and I can't help but wonder if anyone actually remembers me.

Not that I'm back. I hope to have home internet when I move into my own place in January, but we'll see.

For those who actually are interested in the story, I'll give you a brief rundown of the year's important points.

I had no job in January and was really depressed, but I managed to go on vacation thanks to the efforts of some of my friends. I was hired in February of this year to work at the Virginia Department of Taxation in their call center. In March, my dad sold our house to a crazy person. In May, the first of four large college-related debts I had was paid off. In June, I had an argument with the crazy person and left my old home. In July, I visited my brother in Northern Virginia trying to see if I could build a life up there. In August, nothing panned out so I committed to living in Richmond full-time and began renting a room. In September, I was selected to assist with a training project at work. In October, I started traveling for the project and I moved out of the room I was renting in and started staying with my mom to save money. In November, I played ad hoc tech support for the aforementioned project, my performance on which in turn netted me a promotion at work. In December, they included me in the 2008 training curriculum team and for the first time in a long while, I was able to afford getting my family Christmas presents. And in this coming January, I should have enough saved to afford to move into my own place and stay there.

January to January, I've had some highs and lows but the best part of everything is actually being totally in control of my life for the first time.

So that was my year. How is everyone here? :)

Ilias Nytrau
Dec 25th, 2007, 08:51:53 AM
I remembers you! You've been lurking a bit lately, you lurker.

Sounds like your year was a complete turnaround. Mine's just been school, work, kid. Rinse and Repeat. Though, I'm staging my 'comeback'...slowly, but surely. Good to hear things are going well for you! :D

Pierce Tondry
Dec 25th, 2007, 08:59:13 AM
Yes, I have been lurking; that's all I can really do from work. The state is mildly strict on how their property is used.

Sorry to say, I don't recognize the name. Do you have another one I'd recognize?

Ilias Nytrau
Dec 25th, 2007, 09:02:30 AM
May, or may not have. This account used to be Falcon Gyndar, but I changed it sometime within the past month or so. There's also been Miriya Cailis, Phoenix Whyte and Kelly Perris.

In any case, i've been around here for as long as some of the other old coots. Just not in intensity.

Pierce Tondry
Dec 25th, 2007, 09:05:56 AM
As it happens, I recognize all those other names. How are you, Mrs Cheesehat? :)

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 25th, 2007, 09:26:12 AM
I know you :mneh

Pierce Tondry
Dec 25th, 2007, 09:34:11 AM
I lub you Jennay. :)

Edit: wait, you're my glorious leader and I'm supposed to hit on you? Okay, where's that hammer...

Ilias Nytrau
Dec 25th, 2007, 09:35:23 AM
As it happens, I recognize all those other names. How are you, Mrs Cheesehat? :)

CHEESEHAT? Who are YOU calling a...

Oh wait, I love cheese. :lol I'm the awesomeness. How art thou, smeg-for-brains?

Pierce Tondry
Dec 25th, 2007, 09:43:59 AM
Aside from leaking smeg, I'm doing pretty well. Sick today, though, and that means my voice sounds like I borrowed it from the current bass singer of Rockapella. Lights and loud noises are also not so great so I am trying to distance myself from the festivities until my mind can process them.

But yes, doing very well indeed.

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 25th, 2007, 10:02:06 AM
I lub you Jennay. :)

Edit: wait, you're my glorious leader and I'm supposed to hit on you? Okay, where's that hammer...

Lubs you too.

It originally said 'hail me' but someone has been naughty and changed it :lol

Razielle Alastor
Dec 25th, 2007, 10:10:00 AM
May, or may not have. This account used to be Falcon Gyndar, but I changed it sometime within the past month or so. There's also been Miriya Cailis, Phoenix Whyte and Kelly Perris.
Should have known that was you.. :rolleyes :love

Mr. Tondry sir, Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. I too, woke up with teh crud.

You know I'm always waiting for your return.. :D

Nathanial K'cansce
Dec 25th, 2007, 11:20:28 AM
:wave!! How could I forget you? *latches on to your leg*

Wow man, sounds like a busy-ish year. Congrats on the recent work things, though. That's always a plus!

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 25th, 2007, 11:36:55 AM
SNIPER DUDE!!! :glomp

You are missed. :( Glad to hear things are turning around for you. :D

Aurelias Kazaar
Dec 25th, 2007, 11:48:49 AM
As I said last night, Merry Christmas. Sorry I wasn't able to talk longer.

Liam Jinn
Dec 25th, 2007, 12:01:01 PM
Howdy Sniper Buddy. Congrats on the work stuff :thumbup Nice to see you around for the holidays :)

Jeseth Cloak
Dec 25th, 2007, 02:21:30 PM
Hey Pierce, I remember you! Glad things are looking up. :)

Ilias Nytrau
Dec 25th, 2007, 03:40:12 PM

Mr. Tondry sir, Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. I too, woke up with teh crud.

You known I'm always waiting for your return.. :D

I work in mysterious ways, don't I, darling? :hug And Mr. T, so sorry to hear that you've caught the crud. This coming from me, who catches it once in a blue moon when the rabbits AREN'T mating. :p

Miranda Tarkin
Dec 25th, 2007, 10:31:42 PM
SNIPER DUDE!!!!!!! :eek

Park Kraken
Dec 26th, 2007, 01:28:54 AM
I remember you Pierce. It's been a while though. Welcome back.

Drin Kizael
Dec 26th, 2007, 08:31:16 AM
... and I can't help but wonder if anyone actually remembers me.
That's what I used to say. About me, not you. :mneh

I can certainly relate to roller coaster years. I'm happy to hear that things are looking up for you. Hope the new year continues the upward trend.

Natia Telcontar
Dec 26th, 2007, 10:14:02 AM
Hey Pierce. I remember you. Sounds like you've had a bit of an interesting year. Glad to hear that things are finally starting to look up for you. Things have been crazy for me, but I've just started to get back into the RPing game again. Had about a 7+ month break from it.

Morgan Evanar
Dec 26th, 2007, 12:19:57 PM
I have no idea who you are at all :o

Glad to hear things are looking up.

Yog
Dec 26th, 2007, 01:45:32 PM
^^ who is this guy posting above me? I have never seen him before. He must be some n00b.

Seriously, welcome back :)

Pierce Tondry
Jan 8th, 2008, 01:22:41 AM
I have no idea who you are at all :o

Glad to hear things are looking up.

I should remind you from some of the roleplay you did back in the day. Still got a Battlemech in the closet? ;)

Thanks to all the warm welcomes. I've wanted to follow up before now but it just hasn't been possible.

Mark, I know I promised you a call but it could be a bit. I have no access to a landline at all, apparently, and my cell won't dial international. Go figure.

Dale, Drin, it's especially good to see you two. Shoot me an e-mail sometime, catch me up on how each of you is doing.

Also, hi Lil. I've forgotten, when are you due?

Hi to everyone else who posted that I didn't get a chance to respond to. It's wayyyy past bedtime so this is quicker than I might have liked, but maybe I'll get a chance to follow-up later in the week.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 8th, 2008, 01:49:43 AM
April 12th. :)

Gonna come back and RP with us? :D *crosses fingers* I bet the current director of ImpIntel would be pleased to have an experienced agent in the field. :p Since the Rebels seem to have run away with the prize of Most Spies. ;)

Alas, I know how life can be and don't feel bad if you crush my dreams by saying no. :p

Mitch
Jan 8th, 2008, 01:53:09 AM
Heya, Pierce! What's up? Good to see you back!

Tri'ahna Zylary
Jan 8th, 2008, 01:58:27 AM
Hi there, good to see you (although I do see you on facebook from time to time i suppose) - glad to hear things are going well :)

Pierce Tondry
Jan 17th, 2008, 05:28:51 PM

You know I'm always waiting for your return.. :D

April 12th. :)

Gonna come back and RP with us? :D *crosses fingers* I bet the current director of ImpIntel would be pleased to have an experienced agent in the field. :p Since the Rebels seem to have run away with the prize of Most Spies. ;)

Alas, I know how life can be and don't feel bad if you crush my dreams by saying no. :p

Seems like I always have ladies wanting more of me. ;)

As to whether I will roleplay again, I'll think about that after I have my own place again. I do have small aspirations in acting that I intend to pursue that may lend support to me returning to writing. We'll have to see.

I sent you a PM a few days ago Mara. Respond and catch me up on yourself.

It's good to see you're still kicking Mitch! How's your artwork going?

I've lingered too long already. Gotta jet!

PS, Rebels are big stupid doodoo heads. :shifty

Taja Loraan
Jan 18th, 2008, 05:40:38 AM
Brooooo :hug