PDA

View Full Version : The Death Star, Endor and Luke

Jeseth Cloak
Dec 21st, 2007, 10:28:41 PM
So, in the post-reset timeline, am I right in thinking that the Death Star still exists and is controlled by the Empire? Is it still orbiting the forest moon of Endor? When/where did Vader, Luke and the Emperor die? I'm wondering if they all died on the Death Star. I did a search but couldn't find the specific thread where all the details were posted.

What became of their bodies? Did they get vented into space, rain down from the sky onto Endor's moon, or does the Empire have them someplace?

Morgan Evanar
Dec 22nd, 2007, 02:34:28 AM
The Death Star is in little pieces. The aforementioned characters are probably in little pieces, too. Especially the Emperor.

Ilias Nytrau
Dec 22nd, 2007, 02:42:51 AM
My hero. *swoons*

..Ok.... Yes, he's right. They're all blown to smithereens/vaporised.

Tiberius Anar
Dec 22nd, 2007, 08:06:13 AM
Acttually, as far as I recall, the Death Star was heavily damaged. All the leading characters from the films were killed off in one way or another so they couldn't get in the way of our characters. Luke, the Emperor and Vader all died on board the Death Star- the Empire span it as an assassination gone awry.- though no one IC knows for sure what really happened since they were the only people in the room.

http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?t=12598

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 22nd, 2007, 10:07:30 AM
What became of Darth Decepis?

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Dec 22nd, 2007, 11:22:05 AM
You're gonna have to poke Charley and find out from him what's going on with Decepis :)

Tiberius Anar
Dec 22nd, 2007, 01:43:17 PM
A good question. The important thing is that the thread established certain important points for the Imperials at least. Decepis' involvement was an interesting idea but I fear we may have moved on rather a lot- Anar has certainly had no further dealings with him.

This raises an interesting question of roleplaying manners- what does one do in such a situation? Answers on a postcode only.

Jeseth Cloak
Dec 23rd, 2007, 06:38:27 PM
I'll have to read that thread you just linked me to, but I haven't had a chance yet...

The reason I asked all these questions is that I'm RPing Jeseth's search for the crystals from Vader, Palpatine and/or Luke's lightsabers, under the assumption that they may have fallen onto the forest moon of Endor and be someplace on the planet now (perhaps buried under debris, embedded into the trunk of a tree, or in the possession of an evil tribe of Ewoks).

Does anyone have any objections to my character's IC endeavor of attaining those crystals coming to fruition? Please speak now about any conflicts this would create in any existing RP storyline!

Thanks. :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 23rd, 2007, 06:54:10 PM
I would imagine that these sabers would still (with the exception of Palpatines since I assume he dies the way he did in the film) would be somewhere on the wreakage of the Death Star, still in orbit around Endor.

However, I can further hypothesize that the Empire in the last two years has gone over the wreakage and gleaned out anything that might be of interest, including the Dark Lord's body, Luke's remains and techy stuff that they use to further fund the war effort?

Jeseth Cloak
Dec 23rd, 2007, 07:19:21 PM
I would imagine that these sabers would still (with the exception of Palpatines since I assume he dies the way he did in the film) would be somewhere on the wreakage of the Death Star, still in orbit around Endor.

However, I can further hypothesize that the Empire in the last two years has gone over the wreakage and gleaned out anything that might be of interest, including the Dark Lord's body, Luke's remains and techy stuff that they use to further fund the war effort?
That's what I had assumed, except that since no one in the Empire has RPed this, I was just going to go with the idea that in all the explosions and such, the debri and those crystals fell onto the planet.

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 23rd, 2007, 11:39:07 PM
Except that in such a senario they would probably have burned up in the atmosphere.

Milivikal k'Vik
Dec 24th, 2007, 12:10:59 AM
Nah, a crystal would probably survive a trip through an atmosphere, but I think finding it floating in space is more likely.

Jeseth Cloak
Dec 24th, 2007, 12:52:13 AM
Nah, a crystal would probably survive a trip through an atmosphere, but I think finding it floating in space is more likely.Well, if anyone is interested, once Jeseth acquires these he intends to shard them. They'll make for an awesome Nexus Crystal!

Actually, his plan is to use them to make lightsabers for his three Padawans... and hopefully draw a lot of dangerous attention to them. Heh. ;)

Tiberius Anar
Dec 24th, 2007, 06:26:37 AM
I think we at the Empire can arrange for this to be done. It won't take us very long to establish something IC about the Death Star's current status to set you up and it would be nice to get the thing sorted once way or the other.

There was talk about stripping the thing down for components for conventional vessels at one time. Would a largely dormant, partly wrecked manmade planetoid with a reduced crew complement and large numbers of worker droids and slave labourers provide a suitable setting for you?

(p.s. I've linked from the old discussions we were having so the other Imperials can see.)

Jeseth Cloak
Dec 24th, 2007, 04:10:04 PM
The thread I started earlier is: http://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?t=17235 and it's an open thread. This takes place after my meeting with Khendon (though that thread's still currently underway) and it's assumed that at this point, Jeseth is serving the Empire/Khendon in his capacities as a "Jedi" Master. So Any additional Imperial involvement in the thread would be exciting and welcomed.

Ideally, if the Empire was planning to dismantle the Death Star or repair it, it's possible that my character could be on the surface of the planet overlooking the recovery of scraps and parts that have since fallen out of orbit, in case anything went awry? So finding the adagen crystals could actually be something that he does by accident.

I think it's safe to assume that if Luke and Vader died as they tried to leave the Death, their lightsaber crystals could be on the planets surface in whatever is left of their shuttle... but, as for the Emperor: it's very likely his crystal is in the Death Star's core someplace.

Could this already existing thread do, or is an entirely new thread in order?

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 24th, 2007, 05:50:19 PM
If you're just going to build a lightsaber/s with the crystals then I think that's okay. I don't think they have special powers or anything - their only use would be as a symbol, if anything.

We killed off the canon characters for a reason - we don't want any issues and we're not allowing people to summon their spirits or anything like that. (with the exception that it has already happened once in one of Charley's RPs, but he's not to do it ever again) The roleplaying mods have decided that artifacts like bits of Darth Vader's armor or other things like that should remain off limits for RPing.

Karl Valten
Dec 24th, 2007, 06:07:29 PM
I guess I don't have that much of a problem with it. If you're working with Khendon, I'm fine with that as well. However you will not have the support of the Inquisitoriate, Valten will not work with Sevon or any of his cronies.

Jeseth Cloak
Dec 24th, 2007, 11:40:15 PM
If you're just going to build a lightsaber/s with the crystals then I think that's okay. I don't think they have special powers or anything - their only use would be as a symbol, if anything.

We killed off the canon characters for a reason - we don't want any issues and we're not allowing people to summon their spirits or anything like that. (with the exception that it has already happened once in one of Charley's RPs, but he's not to do it ever again) The roleplaying mods have decided that artifacts like bits of Darth Vader's armor or other things like that should remain off limits for RPing.
I thought it would be interesting to have Jeseth use the Force to sense some of the events tied to those objects (this is a ligitimate Force power). Aside from that, he would just give the crystals as gifts to his Padawans, or perhaps Khendon himself.

Personally, I don't like the idea of characters "summoning" spirits.

I guess I don't have that much of a problem with it. If you're working with Khendon, I'm fine with that as well. However you will not have the support of the Inquisitoriate, Valten will not work with Sevon or any of his cronies.
I can see Valten and Khendon have quite a bit of animosity towards eachother. I'll have to do some reading to find out what the source of that conflict is. :)

Morgan Evanar
Dec 25th, 2007, 12:45:36 AM
From a logistics point of view trying to retrieve them is a huge waste of manpower. It's quite likely a small moon worth of rubble would be dug through to get at it... if the explosion didn't vaporize the crystals.

Travis North
Jan 2nd, 2008, 08:36:15 PM
I'm just gonna throw this out here.

We've got the Death Star II, a space station the size of a moon, two thirds complete in construction. It's protected by a large Imperial fleet which engages a smaller Alliance fleet. The battle lasts a long time and many ships are either destroyed or crippled on both sides before the actual explosion of the Death Star's reactor core. The resulting explosion decimates the Death Star's internal structure killing those aboard and reducing much of the station to scrap.

A severe loss is delt to the Alliance fleet whom are then forced to retreat into hyperspace to avoid total destruction. The Imperials have lost their leaders and a number of ships but remain on station to save whoever is left after the battle. What remains after the rescue operation is an ord of Death Star wreckage surrounded by crippled ships of both Alliance and Imperial design, most of which is salvagable for scrap and parts. Whatever Imperial brass remains understands that it's best to salavage whatever possible having lost so much with the destruction of it's latest super-weapon and part of it's fleet.

An Imperial salvage operation begins. The Empire being vast can't devote a ton of man power in such a mission so it's accomplished over so many years. After which remains a skeleton of the once mighty Death Star and scrap ship hulks. Nothing of value.

That all said. I don't see how three lightsabers could survive such an explosion, and if, even be found among the wreckage. People could devote a lifetime of searching and find nothing. However the Force works in mysterious ways, that's what makes Star Wars unique compared to our own universe. By some fluke the sabers, damaged extensively of course, could have been trapped among wreckage that now floats in space. Falling to the planet's surface is pushing it as they'd have burned up, no question. Plus searching the planet is complicated even for Force users.

Cade Mercer
Jan 2nd, 2008, 10:33:11 PM
Alright. So. Lets look at this from a scientific stand point.

A- Crystals are much denser than rocks.
B- Meteors are rocks that have fallen from space into our atmosphere.
C- Said Rocks survive the trip from the atmosphere to the ground, as proven by god knows how many crators we have in our earth.

DD- The Moon of Endor is exactly that, A moon. The atmosphere would not be nearly as thick, so thus entry wouldn't burn the item nearly as much as entering earth's atmosphere. I know we dont actually have a write up on how thick the moon of Endor's atmosphere is. But it is still a moon.
Ultimately, if all of the tiny peices of debri from the Death star's explosion could make it to the moon of endor, it being metal and metal being less dense then the crystals, who is to say that a crystal that already has force properties and can stand up to a Lazer being shot through it on a regular basis couldn't survive?

As for using in another lightsaber, well that would depend. Are you asking about the color crystals or the power crystals? Cause they are two different things. Useing the power crystal from Darth Vader's saber might not/probobly wouldnt make the saber Red unless you have a red color crysal in there with it.

As for being able to find them on the moon, if the person that is looking for them is force sensitive to a high degree, if they are close enough to the crystals, they probobly would be able to sense them. The force centers around items that have had a high use of force used with them.

Ultimately, it is up to the moderators. If they choose to alow the storyline to go ahead, then it is their choice to alow the crystals to survive. If they dont want the crystals surviving, then they wont. So, Mods. Whats your oppinion?

Morgan Evanar
Jan 2nd, 2008, 10:46:31 PM
A: Crystals are much denser than rocks.
B: Meteors are rocks that have fallen from space into our atmosphere.
C: Said Rocks survive the trip from the atmosphere to the ground, as proven by god knows how many crators we have in our earth.
D: The Moon of Endor is exactly that, A moon. The atmosphere would not be nearly as thick, so thus entry wouldn't burn the item nearly as much as entering earth's atmosphere.
A: Uranium and other rare earth elements say NEIN!
B&C: Sure, after kissing away about ~99% of their mass.
D: No! What gives you the idea that a moon has to be smaller than Earth, or that it dictates it would have a flimsier atmosphere? Venus is slightly smaller, but the atmosphere is hundreds of times more nasty than hours. 464 Deg. Celcius is not a friendly go lucky neighborhood. A moon is a satellite of a body in a solar system that orbits that body instead of the star. Some of Saturn's and Jupiter's moons are similar in size and mass to Earth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_satellite

There is no real reason why the crystals couldn't theoretically survive, but that won't stop it from being rather silly to spend perhaps months looking for shiny little rocks.

Bette Davis
Jan 2nd, 2008, 11:00:17 PM
(is Lilaena)

There is no reason for us to forbid the story from going forward. We are not. If you guys want to do it, that's fine.

People are merely pointing out logically that searching for two small crystals in a gargantuan debris cloud and an entire side of a planetoid is a task so immense to be ridiculous. :)

But the Force moves in mysterious ways, does it not? :mneh

Jeseth Cloak
Jan 2nd, 2008, 11:49:17 PM
It's ok, I decided to RP finding only one crystal (Vader's), and then losing it, and then finding it again. So, it'll be fun. As for the other two: I'll leave them be. Jeseth's IC motivation for finding Anakin's power crystal was to use the Force to confirm that he was - in fact - dead. He will likely give it to one of his apprentices later on down the line.