PDA

View Full Version : Investigative Measures

Trevor Smokey
Dec 19th, 2007, 11:55:55 AM
It was almost 1 in the morning on a Thursday night. If Trevor had remembered right, this was the end of Detective Marsh's shift, and he'd soon be leaving for home.

Smokey lingered nearby, wrapped up in a thick coat, cigarette hanging from his lips. The streets around the station were empty, a chilly wind blustering through the city and a gentle rain pattering on the pavement.

Finally, there was movement at the door. A figure waved goodnight to collegues inside before moving out into the rain. Without hesitation, Trevor moved swiftly across the road, his eyes meeting with a suspecting pair that almost pierced him.

"Detective Marsh?"

Nikoleta
Dec 19th, 2007, 12:06:47 PM
Detective Brian Marsh was a young officer, in his mid 30's with jet black hair and a thin face, but it was covered up with a brown scarf on this cold Chicago morning. He often was criticized for being promoted to full detective so early, but with a lot of unsolved crimes in the Downtown area solved to his credit, much of it was silenced after a year. Though he had to share some of the good fortune with an Immortal who often fed him information she had heard on the street. Much thanks went to Nikoleta.

He recognized the voice instantly, his smile hidden under the scarf and a voice that was deep despite his small frame. "Yes. I was told that you might be looking for me soon."

Trevor Smokey
Dec 19th, 2007, 12:13:03 PM
Trevor grinned, plucking the cigarette from his mouth.

"I was hoping for a moment of your time. A woman came to see me yesterday, said her name was Nikki. We talked about a few things, and she told me you could confirm her story" he explained as they walked. "I was wondering what you could tell me about her."

Nikoleta
Dec 19th, 2007, 12:17:13 PM
Brian led the young Immortal down the street to take the scenic route where his car was parked, which was in the back lot at the Police station. "Well, everything she said was true. She was hanging around Chicago, just passing through until she spotted you. Nikki decided to stick around then. That was about three years ago."

Trevor Smokey
Dec 19th, 2007, 12:29:48 PM
Trevor nodded. He wasn't entirely sure how to take the news she was telling the truth. It was reassuring to know she wasn't lying. On the other hand, it could mean that Brigid really did have something to hide.

"What do you know about Brigid Cassidy, Detective?" he asked.

Nikoleta
Dec 19th, 2007, 09:31:02 PM
"Cassidy?" His brows ruffled. "Not much honestly. I just know that her and Nikki don't get along because she took out a student of hers through unscrupulous means. I guess Cassidy played by the rules, cept how she got her info was sketchy."

Trevor Smokey
Dec 21st, 2007, 08:48:25 AM
Trevor frowned, looking down to the Detective.

"How do ya mean, sketchy?"

Nikoleta
Dec 21st, 2007, 08:53:02 AM
"Well, she don't talk about it that much. She's still really upset but from what I was able to gather, Cassidy stacked the deck in her favor. And that student of Nikki's wasn't the only one."

Trevor Smokey
Dec 21st, 2007, 08:57:53 AM
"There's been others?" he asked with a raised eyebrow. "Do you know how many"

Nikoleta
Dec 21st, 2007, 08:59:24 AM
"Nah," Brian shook his head and shrugged. "Nikki really don't talk about it much as I said. I really don't know and I'm not sure how she found out about all of this. I think a lot of it happened outside of the Chicagoland area because I couldn't turn up anything."

Trevor Smokey
Dec 21st, 2007, 09:02:17 AM
"I see" Trevor replied, chewing it over. "Any idea where I could find her? Nikki I mean. I'd like to have a word with her about something" he continued as they approached the Detective's car.

Nikoleta
Dec 21st, 2007, 09:07:42 AM
"Sure, she owns a candy store downtown." He chuckled, "Guess you find odd hobbies to occupy your time through the years eh?"

The Detective produced a card for Sweet Occasions and More, but flipped it back before Trevor could take it. "You don't let Cassidy know where she is," his tone turned serious with subtle threat. "I won't be responsible to what happens if she does."

Trevor Smokey
Dec 21st, 2007, 09:10:56 AM
Trevor shook his head.

"I know the score Detective. You don't need to worry" he replied, before taking a drag from his cigarette.

Nikoleta
Dec 21st, 2007, 09:13:32 AM
"A'right, here." He handed it over, assured that the Immortal wouldn't do something stupid. They were both Detectives and there was an underlying respect there. "And if you need me for anything, don't hesitate to look me up again. You got friends here, Trevor."

Trevor Smokey
Dec 21st, 2007, 09:19:25 AM
Trevor slotted the card into his pocket, before offering a firm hand in thanks.

"I appreciate it Brian. I need all the friends I can get nowadays."

He checked around the parking lot, before resting his gaze on the Detective again.

"Thanks. I'll let you head off now" he said with a warm smile.

Nikoleta
Dec 21st, 2007, 09:23:55 AM
"I appreciate it," Brian smiled back and pressed the door opener on his keychain. "Try and have a good holiday too."

He slid into his Chrysler Sedan and headed home. He just hoped that Nikki would continue to keep her temper on a simmer until Trevor made up his mind on what he wanted to do. It couldn't be easy being in his shoes.