http://getsmartmovie.warnerbros.com/

:crack

Aurelias Kazaar
Dec 17th, 2007, 03:26:40 PM
I'm on board. It looks funny.

Travis North
Dec 17th, 2007, 03:33:56 PM
AWESOME!!!

Steve Carell is the perfect choice for Smart.

The series is great laughs, unfortunately I don't have the channel it's on anymore.

Yog
Dec 17th, 2007, 04:33:25 PM
ahahaha, I love Bond spoofs

Figrin D'an
Dec 17th, 2007, 05:15:51 PM
Anne Hathaway as Agent 99 is a good choice... she looks the part.

Jedi Master Carr
Dec 17th, 2007, 06:47:40 PM
Alan Arkin makes a great chief. He is no where in the trailer but I understand Tereance Stamp is playing Sigfried who is the head of Kaos. Also Bill Murray plays Agent 13.

Rutabaga
Dec 18th, 2007, 08:47:50 PM
I am sick to death of big screen versions of TV shows.

However....

This one is a must-see. Steve Carell alone assures that, he's the perfect choice to play Maxwell Smart. :thumbup

Mitch
Dec 18th, 2007, 09:11:30 PM
This should be great. Loved the old series, and I'm pretty sure this one should be good. Perfect casting.

Eluna Thals
Dec 18th, 2007, 11:11:12 PM
Ahahaha this looks great.

stevenvdb
Dec 19th, 2007, 03:49:49 PM
Would you believe..i'm actually somewhat interested in this. There aren't many TV to Silver Screen adaptations that I think have worked very well, but this is fairly open-ended material, suitable to joyfully silly site gags and schtick. I want to see what they do with the cone of privacy. Hopefully it isn't hi-tech, but rather retro-future, something like what-the-60's-thought-the-future- would-be-style.

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 19th, 2007, 03:53:46 PM
The Return of Maxwell Smart from 1980 was on HBO or one of the other movie channels last night. :D So funny. Can't wait to see this one, I agree that casting Steve Carell was inspired. :) It looks hilarious. :dance

Hartus Kenobi
Dec 30th, 2007, 01:42:05 AM
I bought the entire season on DVD for my sister for Christmas, but it hasn't arrived yet! |I

But she's going to love it. We used to watch that show every night on Nickelodeon when we were young.

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 27th, 2008, 11:52:33 PM
New trailer on youtube
http://youtube.com/watch?v=HqgSFcBcAto
It looks great, I love Stamp playing Siegfield those lines between him and Smart feel like they are out of the TV series. It looks like it will be a very funny movie.

Mu Satach
Feb 29th, 2008, 01:50:52 PM
Oh I am so looking forward to this flick.

:crack

Atreyu
Feb 29th, 2008, 09:20:45 PM
"Missed it by that much ..."

Cool cool cool cool COOL! This movie is going to be so great. :dance

Mu Satach
Mar 1st, 2008, 12:41:10 AM
"How do I know you're not Control." - Siegfried
"If I were Control, you'd already be dead." - Max
"If you were Control, you'd already be dead." - Siegfried
"Neither of us is dead so I'm obviously not from Control." - Max
"That actually makes sense." - Shtarker

:D :D :D :D :D

"We're not people who jam stapler's into other people's heads! That's CIA crap!" - Chief

Park Kraken
Mar 6th, 2008, 01:42:53 AM
On first examination, it appears Max is driving a Alpine in the movie, instead of the Tiger Mk 2 that he drove in the TV series.

Miranda Tarkin
Mar 6th, 2008, 10:27:35 AM
Pfft nitpick! I'm just so happy to see this old favorite show of mine come to the big screen and actually look good in the previews!

Dragon
Mar 6th, 2008, 11:13:52 AM
It's a bad sign for a comedy when the preview isn't even remotely funny.

So I'm glad I laughed my head off at this. :D The exchange between Smart and Siegfried was gold, right in line with the best of the show's humor. I'm pretty sure the bead curtain bit is right out of one of the episodes, a nice touch. It seems like they've got a healthy mix of old and new in this one, which is really refreshing.

Can't wait!

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 6th, 2008, 02:54:58 PM
Can't wait for this movie, it looks so funny!!! :D

Park Kraken
Mar 8th, 2008, 08:08:30 PM
Pfft nitpick! I'm just so happy to see this old favorite show of mine come to the big screen and actually look good in the previews!

My father restores cars as a hobby. He's restored at least five Sunbeam Tiger Mk IIs, including his personal car, which is what Maxwell Smart drove in the original series, a fact that he tells older people at carshows when they ask about the car and if it's been in any movies or tv shows.

The Tiger Mk II, a British car manufactured by the company Sunbeam before it was bought out by Chrysler, features a Chrysler body with a Ford 289 V8 engine in it. After Chrysler bought out the company, they replaced the Ford Engine with a crappy Chrysler engine, and thusly the cheap Alpines (imitation Tigers) were born.

Just a little bit of history for you.