PDA

View Full Version : Episode Life: Channel Zero

Tieru Ocarre
Dec 15th, 2007, 04:40:59 PM
Episode Life: Channel Zero

The air stinked.

One inhale told the tale, and Tieru hated the ending. Stims perfumed the air in a stench he had come to happily forgot over the past months. The old, yet young Jedi had been cast to the shadows once more as his Master sought the others out. Apparantly there was a signature through the Force and required his sole investigation. The terminology used in their last conversation was purposely confusing, and left the refined Padawan wanting more. Yet, his wants and desires were not in his Master's priority listing. There was more at stake than his personal problems, and so he was off again in space drifting amongst the bunches in hopes of that fateful day of return coming soon.

The forthcoming day had only been pending for a week, but the Padawan was impatient. Life without the studies had grown uncomfortable. Everyday without his Master reminded him of the days back at the Temple even more than with him, and the agonizing memories triggered a saddness he had strived to lose in the years of the Empire's reign. The Iron Grip of Palpatine had squeezed out many foes, but also their purposes. Tieru had to be reacquainted with the hollow life without the Jedi code, and he had grown to frown upon the pettiness he knew.

Tatooine suns baked above. The cantina sizzled with breathes, drunkards and aliens he couldn't remember encountering before. Mos Eisley was a rare place amidst the galaxy, but it was no gem or diamond. The roughins that patrolled the cantina seemed more like stalkers than patrons, and the bartender was always growling at somebody. Business continued to storm with faces, but Tieru wasn't comfortable. In the darkness of the corners, he sat alone, hood over his head and drink in his hand as he watched the pointless day fade away.

Basically, the lil' ol Jedi was depressed.

The door opened and closed with new faces. Outlaws sled in with little chatter, and scum stuck to the walls and grounds like...scum. The Padawan gazed from the refuge of his hood with careful eyes. Cautious of even the slightest sign, he kept his movements subtle as he sipped on the cool, brisk water. It seemed the only thing Tieru liked about the place was the water, but he seemed to pay it no mind. The most attention he gave was to a paticular woman across the room. She didn't give him even a glance, although it was clear that she felt his eyes burning through his skin.

He kept quiet, and watched her leave. A frown touched his lips, taking in another sip of his water as the music played from the distance. The entertainment on this Mos Eisley mid-day was a new band from Ithor. So far, Tieru wouldn't give their show anything more than a C on the ratings..

Za'in
Dec 16th, 2007, 01:03:20 PM
Inhale

"Aaah, what a smell..."

Mos Eisley's favorite cantina was home away from home. The first blaster bolt I saw hit the door I entered, the first drink I spat out was at the bar, and my first crush danced on Chalmun's floors. All the diversity, villany, and woman kept the place new, while still maintaining a nostalgia that perfumed the air. The place was unique despite all the awkward happenings. Not a moment spent in the cantina was truly wasted, even for those that gulped a galloon. There was much to learn, and room to grow amidst the profusion, even for a silly guy like me.

Hands digging away at the lint in my pockets, I gazed around for any targets. The bafoons were still at it off to the side, as they had been months ago when I visited, meddling around with the new dancers. Throughout all the years I came and gone, the same group hadn't gotten any play from the girls. All of it seemed like a shirade for cheap entertainment for patrons, but at times I felt sorry for them and their pathetic pick-up lines. Little time was reserved for them, though, before I moved down the steps and into the depths of the cantina to the bar.

Spacers infested the grounds. Wayfarers of all kind muster scowls, a long with conversations that could amaze the smoothest eavesdropper. I, being the resourceful fellow I am, let my ears drop in on a few talks as I slipped off to a booth. Little had changed since the previous visit. A market had grown for kiffer-dust. The only new comment I heard seemed to be about some organized prositution ring being controlled by a some woman.

Nothing real exciting.

Snuggled in the booth, I watched the patrons move about. There was much to be learned from silence, and that was one skill rooted in the very cantina I observed. Good and bad memories blossomed as I scrutinized the commoners, reflecting on days pass with a half-hearted smile. I could feel it coming out of me; the blood was rushing, and I needed to make my move soon.