PDA

View Full Version : Reputation question

Aurelias Kazaar
Dec 14th, 2007, 12:06:11 PM
I've noticed recently whenever someone has given me positive rep that instead of the green icon displaying, only a grey icon shows. I didn't know if there was a 'neutral rep' button, so I repped myself twice (which I'd like removed btw, since it was just a test) and got the same grey icon.

Have the rules for reputation changed or is there an 'error'?

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 14th, 2007, 06:15:13 PM
Someone has to have some positive reputation before they can actually gift someone else with rep. So if the person giving you positive rep has none of their own, then you don't actually get any except for their comment if they leave one. So hand out some to them! :p

This is off the top of my head without looking specifically at it.

edit: You'll notice everyone has a Rep Power number under their avatar in every post. This number is the number of rep points that a positive or negative award will give the person they are sending it to.

edit edit: Yep just checked and the last four people to give you reputation have none of their own, and therefore 0 rep points to award.

Aurelias Kazaar
Dec 14th, 2007, 06:19:28 PM
Some of the rep was done by people who have positive rep. I was just curious more than anything else really.

Thank you by the way. This was more of a curiousity question than anything else.

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 15th, 2007, 02:23:18 AM
Actually, their rep power is zero - I just left positive rep for Jeseth so he has rep points to award now, but I'm not sure he did when he left rep for you. People who have a rep power of zero award you no rep points. People who have a number by their rep power award points to you. Thats just how it works. So if they have a rep power number, then they added points to your score. If they didn't when they left you the rep, then no points were added, just warm fuzzy feelings. :)

Ilias Nytrau
Dec 15th, 2007, 02:27:32 AM
I adore warm, fuzzy feelings. :p

Jeseth Cloak
Dec 15th, 2007, 02:57:20 AM
Yeah, the reputation thing was confusing me, because according to my User CP people had already left me some, but until you came along it said I didn't have any. Oh, and by the way, why is it that at 10 rep you have a red full bar, but at 7 rep I only have one sliver of green? How does it work exactly?

Thanks for the rep! ^_^

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 15th, 2007, 06:21:08 AM
The little bars correspond to which reputation level you are. They're based on the number of points you have, rather than your reputation 'power'. The more positive reputation points you receive from others, the more green bars you'll have - and vice versa for negative points and red bars. Rep power, I think, only goes from 1 to 10.

For example, you have 10 rep points which means you're at the first reputation level. If you hover over the green bars, you can see which level you're at - e.g. Jeseth Cloak is on a distinguished road. I'm not sure that you get another bar automatically when you 'level up', it could be every couple of levels.

LD and I have such a high number of bars because we created custom user levels for ourselves, as a kind of silly good admin/bad admin joke. Mouse over our rep bars and you'll see... "Dasquian Belargic is your glorious and benevolent leader. All hit on Dasquian." and "Lilaena De'Ville is a horrible, horrible dictator. Really. Be wary around this one." :lol

Jeseth Cloak
Dec 15th, 2007, 11:17:07 AM
Aw, darn. I was hoping to eventually have a red bar. :\

Oh well. Oh, and for the sake of not starting another up another thread, I was wondering if someone could tell me what's up with the supporter account custom titles. I haven't seen any supporters who are using unique custom titles, and I checked my User CP and don't see any options for adding one. I don't remember seeing any prompts or fields for custom title selection when I filled out my subscription information. Was this feature removed, or am I just being a newb and not seeing something that's completely obvious?

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 15th, 2007, 12:28:19 PM
You can get red bars, just request people only leave negative reputation for you. :mneh

And the custom title thing is something we lost the capability for when we upgraded to vB v.3+, and the techy admins haven't been able to figure out how to fix it yet. :(

Yog
Dec 15th, 2007, 01:18:19 PM
Here is another thing I am wondering about. I seem to remember there was a way to see WHO was giving you reputation, and to keep track of what posts were given reputation points, and their comments, but I forgot how that works. Could anyone illuminate me on this?

Jeseth Cloak
Dec 15th, 2007, 01:20:38 PM
Oh, I can answer this! When you go to your user CP, it's usually at the bottom of the screen. Well that's how it works for me, anyway.

Yog
Dec 15th, 2007, 01:46:13 PM
Oh, I can answer this! When you go to your user CP, it's usually at the bottom of the screen. Well that's how it works for me, anyway.

Aha, there it was. Thanks! :)