PDA

View Full Version : Things Amiss

Solani Naleen
Dec 13th, 2007, 12:35:04 PM
Solani after a full nights rest, and after working for the day at her new job at the antiques shop decides to head out for a walk. Give herself some time to relax and to go over the events of the day.

Nothing much had happened, a few people came in and bought a couple things, others came in and had browsed around and then left without buying anything. And yet others came in, chattered for awhile, ate a couple cookies and then had left.

In one hand, she had a veggie sandwhich, the other hand was holding a travel mug of fruit juice. All in all, a good dinner after a good days work.

Fiona Devlin
Dec 13th, 2007, 12:48:20 PM
:: Fiona stepped outside behind her ::

"I'm going for a quick run before I leave. You need anything?"

Solani Naleen
Dec 13th, 2007, 12:50:39 PM
Solani glances back at Fiona.

"No Ms. Fiona. I have everything that I need right now."

Fiona Devlin
Dec 13th, 2007, 12:57:25 PM
:: Fiona stretched, and broke into a sprint as she made her way around the block. A moment later, a figure in an overcoat crossed the street towards the shop ::

Solani Naleen
Dec 13th, 2007, 01:11:45 PM
Solani started down the street, but out of the corner of her eye, she spots the figure in the overcoat heading towards the shop. She stops and watches the individual as the make their way towards the shop.

Fiona Devlin
Dec 13th, 2007, 01:19:59 PM
:: It walked up to the door and peered in before trying to enter ::

Solani Naleen
Dec 13th, 2007, 01:22:41 PM
"The stores closed. You'll have to come back in the morning"

Solani calls out to the individual who's trying to enter the store.

"And if you don't stop trying to enter the store, I'll be forced to call the police."

Fiona Devlin
Dec 13th, 2007, 01:26:48 PM
:: The figure turned, still non-descript beneath the hat. There was a strange glint in the eyes as it walked with intent towards Solani ::

Solani Naleen
Dec 13th, 2007, 01:34:57 PM
"Thank-you for stopping trying to get into the store. As I said, you can come back during business hours."

Solani starts to slowly back away from the individual, trying to still keep some distance between them.

Fiona Devlin
Dec 13th, 2007, 01:38:41 PM
:: The stranger drew closer with an un-natural stride. Hands came out of coat pockets, and the nails on the fingers started to grow ::

Solani Naleen
Dec 13th, 2007, 02:03:33 PM
Solani's eyes open up wide as she looks at this individuals Aura. And what she sees is very disturbing. A werewolf and if she's seeing correctly, a very nasty one at that. If she she learned correctly, this one is a Black Spiral Dancer. Man does she hope that she's wrong with this.

As the creature gets closer, she scrambles off to the side, very much not wanting to let herself get caught.

Fiona Devlin
Dec 13th, 2007, 02:15:56 PM
:: The voice was harsh and guttural, and it's teeth were visible now as it spoke ::

<b><i>"Don't run, pretty. It's not nice to teeeeeeease."</i></b>

:: Clawed fingers reached out to grab for her ::

Solani Naleen
Dec 13th, 2007, 02:24:18 PM
"But running is good exercise. Just trying to stay in shape"

Solani says quickly as she goes to step back quickly to avoid being grabbed.

"Didn't you learn that it's not nice to grab."

Fiona Devlin
Dec 13th, 2007, 02:34:19 PM
<b><i>"BITCH!!!</i></b> it snapped, rushing to overtake her. It's breath was foul, smelling of rotting meat.

Solani Naleen
Dec 13th, 2007, 02:36:45 PM
Solani swallows hard as she again is forced to scramble off to the side, barely avoiding being grabbed. She winkles her nose as she briefly smells it's breath.

Fiona Devlin
Dec 13th, 2007, 02:43:32 PM
:: It quickly slashed at her with it's other hand, tearing denim and drawing blood. The chase was on ::

Solani Naleen
Dec 13th, 2007, 02:48:48 PM
Solani winces in pain as she feels the slash on her skin. Without having many options, she turns and starts to run away from the creature, trying to think of something else that she could do to get away.

Fiona Devlin
Dec 13th, 2007, 02:51:12 PM
:: The chase forced her down a back street, and that's when she saw Fiona, sprinting towards her ::

Solani Naleen
Dec 13th, 2007, 02:53:59 PM
Solani curses under her breath slightly when she sees Fiona sprinting towards her. This is not a time when she wants to talk with Fiona.

"Ms. Fiona, run, please, you need to run away from here"

Solani calls out to Fiona as she keeps running away from the creature.

Fiona Devlin
Dec 13th, 2007, 02:58:06 PM
:: Fiona stopped, peeking past Solani as the creature came charging around the corner. It was quasi-human and dark skinned, with enlongated ears and teeth. Instead of running away, Fiona rushed towards it ::

Solani Naleen
Dec 13th, 2007, 03:01:17 PM
Solani skids to a halt as Fiona goes to run past her. What was she doing? Running towards the thing instead of away. There is no way that she will leave Fiona here alone with that thing.

"Ms. Fiona, please, we must get out of here."

Fiona Devlin
Dec 13th, 2007, 03:10:28 PM
:: Fiona whipped her head around to shout at Solani ::

"GET RUNNING!!!"

:: The Black Spiral shifted to full Crinos form, the overcoat shredding from it's increased bulk. It's fur was coarse and bristly, ears long and bat-like, and it's mouth formed into a disturbing grin of needles. The beast cackled like a Hyena as it confronted Fiona. She promptly punched it right in the nose, and it retaliated by sending her into some trashcans with a backhand slap ::

Solani Naleen
Dec 13th, 2007, 06:11:13 PM
Solani was not about to leave Fiona to deal with this by herself, but at the same time, her own arm was starting to go numb from the poison. Taking a deep breath, she starts to mutter under her breath, calling upon the healing energies to first, halt the poison before it spreads any further, and then to get the poison out of her system. She's not going to worry to much about healing the injury until later. Right now Fiona needs assistance since she foolishly ran to the creature.

Fiona Devlin
Dec 13th, 2007, 06:23:18 PM
:: Fiona grabbed a trashcan lid, bashing the Black Spiral on the snout as it lunged to take a bite out of her. Rolling backwards on her shoulders, she gained some distance and rose up with her Jian drawn. The beast hesitated, gnashing it's teeth hatefully as it regarded the sword in her hand. They circled eachother cautiously, eyes locked. Fiona had the gaze of a seasoned warrior. There was no hint of fear on her face ::

Solani Naleen
Dec 13th, 2007, 06:26:14 PM
Solani watches closely, hesitant to get to close to this thing. But she didn't want to leave Fiona alone to face it either. That and she has no weapons of her own in which to use. She slowly moves forward, towards the two as they circled each other. After a brief moment, she decideds to hang back unless Fiona looks like she needs the help.

Fiona Devlin
Dec 13th, 2007, 06:42:36 PM
:: The Black Spiral spoke ::

<b></i>"Why prolong the inevitable, Witch? Lay down your blade. Spread your legs for me, and I'll give you a blissful death."<i></b>

:: It grinned, licking it's chops at her, and she sneered back ::

"You know what you want. :D Come and get it, fleabite. If you are able."

:: She teased it, pointing her blade at hell. The Black Spiral frenzied in lust for her flesh, and leapt for her. Black blood spattered across a brick wall as Fiona moved like a blur, slicing the monster's throat cleanly. It fell with a gurgle, more blood pooling like oil beneath it's shaggy mass. It's eyes glazed over milky white as it died ::

Solani Naleen
Dec 13th, 2007, 06:48:06 PM
Solani watches this in silence, any words which she may have spoken, gone before she even thinks to utter them. Here is Fiona, her boss, standing alive while the beast is dead.

"You do realize what you just killed, right Ms. Fiona?"

Fiona Devlin
Dec 13th, 2007, 06:52:58 PM
:: Fiona looked up from her dead opponent, directly into Solani's eyes ::

"Aye."

:: All pretense between them was over now, and she waited for the girl to speak again ::

Solani Naleen
Dec 13th, 2007, 06:58:09 PM
Solani glances at her arm which is still bleeding slightly. A slight frown crosses her face before she shrugs her shoulders.

"Do you want something to drink?

Solani questions casually, almost as if nothing had happened.

Fiona Devlin
Dec 14th, 2007, 07:18:54 AM
:: She looked Solani over ::

"You're bleeding. We need to care for that."

Solani Naleen
Dec 14th, 2007, 10:00:14 AM
Solani smiles reassuringly.

"I'll deal with it back at the apartment. It's not that bad to be honest with you. Just a little scratch."

Fiona Devlin
Dec 14th, 2007, 10:03:20 AM
:: Fiona didn't smile back, her face deep with concern ::

"I'll be the judge of that."

:: concealing her sword again, she took Solani back to the shop ::

Solani Naleen
Dec 14th, 2007, 10:08:06 AM
Solani shrugs her shoulders slightly as she's led back to the shop. Right now, the only thing wrong is the fact that her arm is still bleeding and a bandage with a bit of pressure would deal with that, as long as it's not that deep.

'You really don't need to worry. Once the scratch is bandaged, I'll be fine, honest."

Fiona Devlin
Dec 14th, 2007, 10:11:08 AM
:: She eyed Solani with scrutiny as she tended to the wound ::

"Let's start by telling me how you're immune to the Delirium, hmmm?"

Solani Naleen
Dec 14th, 2007, 10:16:45 AM
Solani looks at Fiona in silence for a moment, wondering, just how much does she tell.

"I've come across other werewolves before. As far as I know, I've never been affected by the Delirium. Now, how are you immune to the Delirium?"

Fiona Devlin
Dec 14th, 2007, 10:29:26 AM
"I am Fiona of Cumbria, born 1,941 years ago. I am Immortal."

:: She leaned closer, til she was almost nose to nose with Solani ::

"I'm going to ask you again, child. Tell me who you are."

Solani Naleen
Dec 14th, 2007, 01:06:00 PM
"Ms. Fiona, I have already told you who I am. I am Solani Naleen. That is very much the truth, even if you do not choose to believe it."

Solani says, staring Fiona in the eyes as she speaks.

"As for the question that you are probably meaning to ask me, I am a Mage. I have been one for several years, hence why I was not affected my the Delerium."

Fiona Devlin
Dec 14th, 2007, 01:16:42 PM
:: There was something otherworldly about Fiona's eyes, something almost faerie. To look into them too deeply was unsettling, even for vampires. Her gaze softened somewhat as she spoke again ::

"Are you alone, Solani?"

Solani Naleen
Dec 14th, 2007, 01:23:21 PM
"Yes, I am alone right now. I'm in a new country, in a new city which I only visited once as a child. If I wasn't alone, I wouldn't have been looking for both a job and a place to live."

Fiona Devlin
Dec 15th, 2007, 09:08:56 AM
"This wound is going to scar over rather badly unless it's healed." she said with a frown.

Solani Naleen
Dec 15th, 2007, 09:15:15 AM
"I know. As I said out on the street, I was going to take care of it back here."

Solani takes a deep breath, and then she starts to mutter under her breath, calling upon the healing energies to start and speed up the healing process on her arm.

"I'm not overly concerned about the scratch scarring."

Fiona Devlin
Dec 15th, 2007, 09:18:48 AM
:: Fiona raised a brow as she caught some of the words. It followed the pattern of a Verbena Rote. There was a faint glow as the wound healed over without a trace ::

Solani Naleen
Dec 15th, 2007, 09:20:07 AM
Solani tilts her head slightly, a slight smile on her face.

"Is something wrong Ms. Fiona?"

Fiona Devlin
Dec 15th, 2007, 09:27:47 AM
:: Fiona smiled back ::

"You're Verbena. Very good."

Solani Naleen
Dec 15th, 2007, 09:31:23 AM
"Yes, I am. I have been since I realized that I was a Mage. Now before you get all excited, I'm probalby not the best Verbena out there and I've got a long ways to go before I am."

Fiona Devlin
Dec 15th, 2007, 09:38:17 AM
"As you've come to know, we have Black Spiral Dancers in the city. I think I'm going to stay with you tonight."

Solani Naleen
Dec 15th, 2007, 09:41:23 AM
Solani snaps her fingers at that point.

"I almost forgot. That creature was trying to get into the shop tonight. I don't know why it was. You would probably be better able to guess why then me."

Fiona Devlin
Dec 15th, 2007, 09:59:23 AM
"They're getting bolder, that's for sure."

:: She turned on her cellphone and called Michele ::

Michele Hawkins
Dec 15th, 2007, 01:33:46 PM
Class is done and I'm on my way home. I'm riding the 'L' getting some note reading done when my phone vibrates. I check the caller ID and it's Fi. She probably wants to check on me since class ran a little late and I missed the first train. "Hiyas. No worries. I'm on the way home as we speak."

Fiona Devlin
Dec 15th, 2007, 01:47:26 PM
"That's fine. I'm going to be staying at the shop tonight. We had another encounter with a Black Spiral. It tried to get into the shop. It's dead though. Keep your eyes peeled, the bastards are getting braver. Oh yes, the new girl I hired is a Verbena Mage."

Solani Naleen
Dec 15th, 2007, 02:43:13 PM
Solani, while Fiona was on the phone, got the kettle on to make a pot of tea. As she waits for the water to boil, she returns the the living area of the apartment and looks at Fiona.

Michele Hawkins
Dec 19th, 2007, 09:03:55 AM
"That's fine. I'm going to be staying at the shop tonight. We had another encounter with a Black Spiral. It tried to get into the shop. It's dead though. Keep your eyes peeled, the bastards are getting braver," said Fiona in her serious voice. Yes ... she has one.

"No worries. Still sounds like they're smart enough to not attack in the open yet."

And just as I finished that sentence, she cut in right away, "Oh yes, the new girl I hired is a Verbena Mage."

"Um," I ponder what the hell that means as I grab the cardboard carrier for the coffees. "Ah what?"

Fiona Devlin
Dec 19th, 2007, 09:22:13 AM
"A Verbena ..."

:: her cheeks puffed ::

"One of the nine traditions of Magick. Nevermind that for now, just be careful."

Solani Naleen
Dec 19th, 2007, 09:38:01 AM
Solani turns back to the kitchen as the kettle boils and busy's herself making a pot of tea. As the tea steeps, she grabs two mugs, some sugar, milk and two spoons, puts them on a plate and brings the plate and the pot of tea back to the living area where she left Fiona.

Fiona Devlin
Dec 19th, 2007, 10:00:44 AM
"See you in the morning, Macushla."

:: The last word was purred into the phone before she hung up ::

Solani Naleen
Dec 19th, 2007, 10:10:27 AM
Solani sets the plate and tea pot down on the table.

"Would you like some tea?"

Fiona Devlin
Dec 19th, 2007, 10:22:33 AM
"Aye. Thank you." she replied, taking the offered cup. She sniffed the steam.

"Earl Grey." she winked.

Solani Naleen
Dec 19th, 2007, 10:40:17 AM
"Earl Grey tea from England to be precise. I brought it with me when I came over."

Solani takes a sip of her tea, allowing herself to relax slightly now.

"Do you know of any reason why that creature was trying to get into the shop?"

Fiona Devlin
Dec 19th, 2007, 11:00:00 AM
"I suppose I should have asked him, but he had other things on his mind."

Solani Naleen
Dec 19th, 2007, 11:06:56 AM
"I think you and I both had other things on our minds at the time other then asking him why.

So, why are you planning on spending the night here at the shop instead of going home?"

Fiona Devlin
Dec 19th, 2007, 11:17:20 AM
"Because whatever they're after, they didn't get it, and there's no way I'm leaving you alone here."

Solani Naleen
Dec 19th, 2007, 11:20:47 AM
Solani nods her head slightly, wondering what exactly they would be after.

"Have they ever tried to break into your shop before?"

Fiona Devlin
Dec 19th, 2007, 11:23:57 AM
:: She sipped her tea ::

"No, this is a first."

Solani Naleen
Dec 19th, 2007, 11:25:25 AM
"Then it could be something that just recently showed up that they are after."

Solani doesn't go to voice the other thought that they just realized that something they want is here.

Fiona Devlin
Dec 19th, 2007, 11:31:41 AM
:: Fiona raised a curious brow at Solani ::

"What do you suppose that could be?"

Solani Naleen
Dec 19th, 2007, 11:35:58 AM
"That I don't know. I really wish I did know though. That would make things much easier, but then if that were the case, then life would actually make things to simple."

Fiona Devlin
Dec 20th, 2007, 09:17:08 AM
"Nothing in this city has ever been so. I'm sorry to say you've wandered into the beginnings of another war."

Solani Naleen
Dec 20th, 2007, 09:36:55 AM
"The beginnings of another war."

Solani repeated in a bit of a shocked voice.

"If I can help out, I will."

Fiona Devlin
Dec 20th, 2007, 10:05:41 AM
"Chicago has been a Camarilla city, almost from the day it was founded. There are many elements that seek to overthrow that. The Black Spiral that attacked us tonight is from the Guttolic Hive. They were driven out thirteen years ago."

Solani Naleen
Dec 20th, 2007, 10:22:06 AM
"And now they're back."

Solani says right before she takes a sip of her tea again, a thoughtful look across her face.

Fiona Devlin
Dec 20th, 2007, 10:36:19 AM
:: Fiona frowned into her teacup, debating something internally ::

Solani Naleen
Dec 20th, 2007, 10:39:59 AM
"Is something wrong with the tea?"

Solani asks, knowing that it's not the reason why Fiona's frowning.

Fiona Devlin
Dec 20th, 2007, 10:47:29 AM
"No. I just wish I could have spared you of all this."

Solani Naleen
Dec 20th, 2007, 10:53:36 AM
"It's alright Ms. Fiona. I was warned years ago that my life will never be simple, it will never be free of conflict. I accept it, so do not feel bad about what happened. It's not your fault.

I could have spared myself all this if I had stayed quiet."

Solani speaks very calmly at this point, as if she truly is accepting of what has happened and of what will happen in the future.

Fiona Devlin
Dec 20th, 2007, 11:10:46 AM
:: Fiona looked up at Solani again ::

"Get some rest."

Solani Naleen
Dec 21st, 2007, 09:16:27 AM
Solani nods her head slightly.

"Alright, but you get some rest as well Ms. Fiona. It won't do to have you dead tired in the morning."

Fiona Devlin
Dec 21st, 2007, 10:14:55 AM
:: Fiona nodded ::

"I'm going to keep watch, for awhile."

Solani Naleen
Dec 21st, 2007, 10:16:46 AM
"If you need me for anything, just let me know Ms. Fiona.

Good night."

Solani says as she heads out of the living area and to her bedroom where she lets herself fall to her bed, not bothering to change and gets some sleep.