PDA

View Full Version : How to Skin a Sabbat Pack

Martin Le Roux
Dec 10th, 2007, 08:29:28 PM
Cedric's data was fresh in hand, and Fiona and Martin would look for anything he had missed. As thorough as the Nosferatu tended to be, it never hurt to add another two pairs of eyes. The pair sat side by side on Martin's couch with laptops, pouring over each page and picture of information. Wine glasses were sipped with some regularity, and

Fiona was a speed reader, and so was Martin. They blew through hundreds of pages an hour, each making notes and second passes through some sections.

It was clear that Cedric had taken great pains to go completely unnoticed, but some of the information he had gathered by combing Chicago and it's surrounding areas for clues had other ramifications.

A series of suburban murders a few years ago had not gone unnoticed by the Chicago PD or FBI, but nothing really came of it, and the supposed den for the murders was burned down by a local mother turned arsonist.

Cedric had managed to find the murders, though. It was a Sabbat pack trying to lay low.

He made careful notes and took excellent pictures of their moving whereabouts.

"You should look at this." They said nearly at the same time.

"Go ahead." Again.

Martin reached for a wine glass and took a sip as Fiona began.

Fiona Devlin
Dec 10th, 2007, 08:43:18 PM
:: It was a picture of a sedan, parked near an abandoned apartment building ::

"Do you know where that is?"

Martin Le Roux
Dec 10th, 2007, 08:50:17 PM
"It's in Lombard. I own a few houses near there." Martin replied quickly. He had been looking at the architechture and recognized from one of the appartment developers. The design had been used in several other cities, but he had invested in some land when many of the houses were built near O'hare and had been renting them for a long, long time, and seen it before.

"It's also two pages down, in Cedric's notes." Martin cocked a half grin and sipped more wine.

Fiona Devlin
Dec 11th, 2007, 04:55:49 PM
"Alright." she yawned. "What have you got?"

Martin Le Roux
Dec 12th, 2007, 10:46:59 PM
"Cedric's notes contain two reports from two different inspectors who refused to inspect the building on the basis it is, quote 'haunted.' There are three reports where the inspector immediately went to the wrong structure." Martin tapped to the next page

"It was purchased and scheduled for demolishion, despite the lack of inspection, but it never happened. The crew went home without explanation every time they attempted to move on the building. Cedric noted that the sewers are very much blocked off, and that the murder rate has strangely quadrupled in the past year and a half."

"If you go through the directory there are some surprisingly good nightvision photos of what he determined are members of a Sabbat pack. And, oh, hrm. Power structure chart. Interesting. He bugged the place, and... yep. Audio files."

"Cedric was always delightfully thorough."

Fiona Devlin
Dec 13th, 2007, 08:16:26 AM
:: Fiona perked up ::

"Go on."

Martin Le Roux
Dec 13th, 2007, 07:53:58 PM
"Oh Fiona, you will be so happy." Martin's eyes lit up. "Go to page thirty of the 'Local Sabbat' subdocument." Fiona hesitated and did so.

"So who's this?" She asked. Scanning the page, going over Cedric's notes quickly.

"That is Cameron. He reports to Tyler."

Fiona Devlin
Dec 13th, 2007, 08:08:42 PM
:: Her expression turned devilish ::

"Oooooooh!!!" she squeaked. "Let's bag and tag the Bastard!!!"

Martin Le Roux
Dec 13th, 2007, 08:18:08 PM
Martin raised an eyebrow "There are five of them, and I'd prefer to keep Cameron alive. Then we can hand the Primogen Tyler on a platter." The look on Fiona's face showed that she'd very much like to put Tyler on a platter.

"We can take down two before the place goes up in panic." Martin said, searching for and finding the floorplan of the building.

"I don't think we can do it alone without putting either of us at great risk."

Fiona Devlin
Dec 13th, 2007, 08:28:32 PM
:: Fiona laughed, almost maliciously ::

"I'll rally the troops, my Liege."

:: she hopped up from the couch, flashing a thonged backside as she scampered to get her cellphone ::

Martin Le Roux
Dec 13th, 2007, 08:31:57 PM
After 2000 years, one might think Fiona would get bored of her derrier, but she had not, and Martin, deep down, was a very happy Frenchman for it. Martin glanced at the notes again, setting his laptop aside and pouring himself another glass of wine, just in case it was his last.

Michele Hawkins
Dec 15th, 2007, 01:15:25 PM
I just ordered my Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino from Starbuck's, since it's that time of the year where pumpkin yumminess comes outta the woodwork (i'm addicted to it ya know), that my phone goes off. It's Fiona's ring tone, Over the Hills and Far Away by Nightwish since that song is so perfect for her. Has that touch of home that she loves so much too.

"What's up Fi?"

Fiona Devlin
Dec 15th, 2007, 01:33:12 PM
"Need you to come home soon as you can. Martin and I are on to something."

:: Fiona had the inate ability to sense when Michele was near a Starbucks or coffee shop of any kind ::

"I'll have what you're having, Vente please!!!"

Michele Hawkins
Dec 15th, 2007, 01:35:02 PM
I roll my eyes and ask the clerk to add to my order politely. He did, since no one can withstand my smile. Plus I'm too cute to say no to. "Ok. I'll be home as soon as I can."

Martin Le Roux
Dec 15th, 2007, 01:39:49 PM
"You and your coffee." Martin said. He never enjoyed the stuff.

"Was that Michele?"

Fiona Devlin
Dec 15th, 2007, 01:53:44 PM
"Aye." she replied, leaning against the kitchen door as she left a message for Brigid.

"She'll be home soon."

Michele Hawkins
Dec 29th, 2007, 11:43:34 AM
Twenty minutes later, I return home with the fraps and thrust one into Fiona's already waiting hands. "Goof."

Fiona Devlin
Dec 29th, 2007, 11:59:54 AM
:: Fiona scampered up to Michele in her skivvies and kissed her in gratitude ::

"Thank you!" :love

Martin Le Roux
Dec 29th, 2007, 12:00:11 PM
"Allo Michele." Martin said. She waived because was nose deep in her coffee drink.

"I'm going to need your help. And Brigid's help, by the look of things. And, if she can be convinced, the assistance Brigid's lady-friend would be most excellent."

"An old mutual friend gave us most wonderful information. But we need to dissasemble a Sabbat pack."

Michele Hawkins
Dec 29th, 2007, 12:02:18 PM
"You want Nara's help too?" Martin nodded. "Uh oh. This sounds big. Really big."

Fiona Devlin
Dec 29th, 2007, 12:09:21 PM
:: Fiona nodded, licking her lips ::

"Are you up for it, Macushla?"

Michele Hawkins
Dec 29th, 2007, 12:33:20 PM
"Um," I reply timidly. "I guess so. I did all right in England right?"

Martin Le Roux
Dec 29th, 2007, 12:52:12 PM
Martin shrugged, but smiled.

"Regardless of England, I know you are more than proficient with a sword. I'd be ecstatic to have you at my side.

Michele Hawkins
Dec 29th, 2007, 12:59:10 PM
My face was beaming. I was needed! "I'm glad I can help you out. Least I can do for everything you did for me when I first got into trouble with Balan."

Fiona Devlin
Jan 3rd, 2008, 12:46:39 PM
:: Fiona slipped away to put some pants on. She walked back in and sat down ::

"Nara and Brigid will be here soon."

Martin Le Roux
Jan 3rd, 2008, 01:03:15 PM
"Good. Although I expect introductions with Nara will be more than a little awkward." Martin was nervous about meeting a werewolf, even if she was on good terms with his friends.

He was doubly nervous about meeting her in such close quarters. Martin had a feeling Nara would not be the last werewolf he would meet.

Michele Hawkins
Jan 3rd, 2008, 05:07:00 PM
"Nice. Too bad it's not a party," I frown. This was a real downer. A meeting to talk about whacking bad Vamps. The joys of being part of the Chicago underworld. "Be alot more fun then the situation we got."

Brigid Cassidy
Jan 3rd, 2008, 06:49:47 PM
:: Brigid's arrival was heralded by the buzz, though Martin remained unaware until the door opened. Brigid stepped in with Nara in tow. Both clad in their favorite leathers ::

Nara McKenna
Jan 3rd, 2008, 07:00:30 PM
Nara took a glance at the group and wondered why it was serious in here. She leaned over at Brigid and calmly asked, "Did we kill the party?"

Martin Le Roux
Jan 3rd, 2008, 07:04:47 PM
"No." Martin shook his head and smiled slightly.

"You must be Nara. I'm Martin." He offered the Garou an open hand.

Nara McKenna
Jan 3rd, 2008, 07:13:06 PM
Brigid warned her about Martin. He was a Vampire from the Toreador Clan. Death surrounded him and to her, he smelled like a cemetery.

The Garou reluctantly shook his hand and didn't like it one bit. She sensed the feeling was mutual. "Yeah."

Fiona Devlin
Jan 4th, 2008, 10:27:41 AM
"It's alright, Nara. I assure you he can be trusted. We just found the Sabbat Haven."

Martin Le Roux
Jan 4th, 2008, 11:09:08 AM
"One of them. I'm sure you realize that the Sabbat were deeply involved in the attack on the Fanum." Martin paused, realizing how very little the Garou liked Kindred. Her distaste was palpable. Martin wasn't disgusted, just afraid. The only reason Nara was not shredding him limb from limb was because Fiona was here.

He nodded at Fiona. "Fiona and I discovered who one of instrumental planners of the attack is, and who her underlings are. If we were just trying to kill them, Fiona and I would likely be doing it right now, and we would not all be here. We only need one underling, but we need him alive."

"We need your help, Nara."

Brigid Cassidy
Jan 4th, 2008, 03:14:22 PM
:: Brigid gave Nara a comforting touch ::

"What's the plan?"

Nara McKenna
Jan 5th, 2008, 11:48:04 AM
She grunted and leaned up against the furthest wall from the Vampire. They were putting a big hurt on them and that was worth the alliance.

Plus the bloodsucker was right. Nara might not have been around here when the Fanum was attacked, but it was her duty to make sure it never happened again.

Michele Hawkins
Jan 5th, 2008, 11:49:20 AM
"That's a good question." I look at Fiona and Martin. "So what is the plan?"

Martin Le Roux
Jan 5th, 2008, 05:09:15 PM
"It's very preliminary." Martin said before turning the laptop around to face Nara and Brigid. Cedric's copy of the blueprints, complete with notes, were on the screen. Brigid crouched down to take a look. The sewers had been closed off, of course.

"We'll close the South back alley off with a pickup truck holding the door shut. They'll likely be watching the street entrance most heavily, since that's where all the safety inspectors try and approach from." Martin's finger hovered over the North side of the building.

"Fiona will guard there, favoring the West side, where Michelle and I will breach. Nara, you and Brigid will breach to the from the East entrance. I will breach three seconds later to the West. Michelle will also cover the blocked South alley. If possible, I'd like Nara to maul someone other than the target, and fade back as quickly as possible. I want to minimize your exposure to maximize confusion."

Fiona Devlin
Jan 7th, 2008, 02:32:44 PM
"Alright. I think I can also manage some additional troops. I just need to fetch them."

Michele Hawkins
Jan 7th, 2008, 03:33:19 PM
"Fetch who?" I ask, wondering what other people Fiona could pull outta thin air. "You mean some more Garou at the Fanum?"

That would be my best guest.

Nara McKenna
Jan 7th, 2008, 03:44:15 PM
Mauling Sabbat sounded like music to hear ears. It was probably the only thing her and the leech would agree on.

"That aside, who's the target that I'm not allowed to touch."

Martin Le Roux
Jan 7th, 2008, 03:59:21 PM
Martin picked the laptop up for a moment, and pulled up a picture, obviously taken through a night-vision lens, but with the green desaturated out of it. The details were sharp and crisp, however. He set the laptop back down, facing Nara. A bald, slight man with a largish nose loomed on the screen.

"This is Cameron. He will be our target to capture. The rest of the pack is fair game." He explained to Brigid and Nara.

"If any of you need any firearms or similar equipment, let me know as soon as possible."

Fiona Devlin
Jan 7th, 2008, 04:40:56 PM
"Fetch who?" I ask, wondering what other people Fiona could pull outta thin air. "You mean some more Garou at the Fanum?"

That would be my best guest.

"The Sept is focused on protecting the Fanum and hunting the Spirals. I was thinking Rod could help us."

Nara McKenna
Jan 7th, 2008, 04:56:06 PM
Nara stared at the image of Cameron and committed it to memory. Anyone else she came across would get mauled whether Martin liked it or not, but she'll make sure she stuck to the plan.

Michele Hawkins
Jan 7th, 2008, 04:57:15 PM
"Ooooh! That's a great idea! They won't be expecting a Mage!"

Martin Le Roux
Jan 7th, 2008, 11:27:00 PM
"Rod's a mage?" Martin asked. He seemed a nice enough fellow, but Mages made Martin nervous. He didn't understand them well, and, honestly, the Tremere had not made an impression in their favor. However, he was Fiona's friend, and that weighed heavily in his favor.

"Fiona, you'll have to figure out what to do with him." Martin said. He had no idea.

Fiona Devlin
Jan 8th, 2008, 01:10:25 PM
"Aye." she replied. "That's fine. He'll come with me."

Nara McKenna
Jan 9th, 2008, 08:19:44 PM
"When's this going down?"

Martin Le Roux
Jan 9th, 2008, 09:54:26 PM
"When everyone is ready. I only need an hour." Martin looked to Fiona.

Fiona Devlin
Jan 11th, 2008, 09:33:19 AM
"Get the ball rolling then, I'll pick him up on the way."

Nara McKenna
Jan 11th, 2008, 02:28:15 PM
Nara did the math in her head. A Garou, three Immortals, a Leech, and a Mage (who was quite unsure of himself from what she saw in the fight against the Black Spirals) ... Depending on the size of the pack, it might get really hairy.

"How big is this Sabbat group? Cuz if we're talking lots, we might get overwhelmed when they figure out what we're doing. Injuries would start piling up." She hesitated and looked at Brigid briefly. "I want everyone to come back from this."

The Garou looked at Martin and then away with a sneer, "mostly..." she muttered under her breath.

Brigid Cassidy
Jan 11th, 2008, 02:35:54 PM
:: Brigid cracked her knuckles and gave Nara a confident wink ::

"Hey, the more the merrier." ;)

:: The Immortal was getting twitchy, just standing around. She gave the air some playful punches ::

Michele Hawkins
Jan 11th, 2008, 02:37:52 PM
:rolleyes Brigid likes violence way too much. "I dunno," I look at Fiona who was more knowledgeable about this kinda stuff, "What'cha think?"

Fiona Devlin
Jan 11th, 2008, 02:46:17 PM
"There are only five. I'd say the odds are with us."

:: She went off to the study, to fetch her longbow ::

Martin Le Roux
Jan 11th, 2008, 03:31:37 PM
"I will need a ride, depending on what happens to the pickup."

"Michelle, if you could gather your things, and accompany me to my home, we could get moving." Martin was ready.

"I will call Fiona as soon as I am ready."

Michele Hawkins
Jan 12th, 2008, 08:20:28 AM
"Oh ... ok ..." I didn't think we'd be going this fast. Kinda sucked. I get up and snurfle my Fiona and kiss her, but not like I'm not gonna see her again. Though, admittedly, I got those butterflies like I did before the fight in London.

Brigid Cassidy
Jan 12th, 2008, 10:48:14 AM
:: Brigid tugged on Nara's arm ::

"Let's go, McKenna."

Nara McKenna
Jan 12th, 2008, 10:53:13 AM
"Glady." Her response was gruff, but that was because the Garou was glad to be rid of the Leech for a period of time. At least she could take out her aggressions later when her claws would rip through Sabbat flesh.

Martin Le Roux
Jan 12th, 2008, 11:29:35 AM
Michele dashed off to grab her sword. Martin nodded to Fiona, and left with Michele in tow.

They piled into Martin's R32 Skyline GT-R, although he had to remind Michele to get into the left side instead of the right, as it had been questionably imported from Japan. The straight six burbled and sounded like it was almost misfiring, but it was not. It was just the lumpier cam Martin had added. Despite the cam, the car was smooth. He waited the minute until everything in the engine was warm, and then gave it the stick. The turbos squealed and then screamed while the all-wheel drive system sorted the power out, shifting some to the front wheels as the backs broke loose. The car squatted from 30 and shot up to 70 in the span of a block and a half. A car seemed to appear in front of them. Martin could hear Michele gasp over the scream/roar of the engine. He feathered the throttle, letting the weight shift to the front, and passed them through the small gap in oncoming traffic.

The ride took two and a half minutes instead of 5. He idled the car down his block, and parked it in the garage.

"I have the truck parked in the back." Michele followed Martin through his house, only stopping to toss his jacket onto the couch. They went down to the basement, which looked more like a library. In the corner was a room with a heavy metal door and an electronic lock. Martin punched an 8 digit sequence into the keypad, and was rewareded with a satisfying thunk.

The lights flicked on. It was a an armory. The walls were coated with firearms, some of them historically important, like the Colt Peacemaker, the 1911, the Winchester lever operated rifle. One single long muzzle loading rifle was centered with some of the more modern rifles, like a M4 carbine and a M1 Garand. It was from the Napoelonic wars. Martin slid a drawer open.

"Would you like a vest?" Martin asked, holding up a thick kevlar vest with ceramic plates already inserted.

Michele took it from his hands. He put another one on.

He grabbed a shortened Mossberg Mariner shotgun and put his SiG P228 into a hip holster before putting it back on.

"Want anything?" Michelle shook her head. He grabbed a modernized tanto short sword attached to a bandolier of shotgun shells.

He closed the door after they stepped out and bounded back up he stairs, grabbing a zip down the middle black windbreaker from the coat rack.

Michele must have hid her surprise. The pickup truck was a 1985 F150 with a 4.9 liter six. It was clean inside, if a little worn, and had just 85,000 miles on it. It started right away.

Michele Hawkins
Jan 12th, 2008, 11:46:07 AM
I dunno, but maybe any of you can answer this question. Standing next to the Sundance Kid here and walking all armed to the teeth towards the truck, do you get the sensation you're watching a Bad Boys movie or something?

But then we get to the truck and I'm a bit shocked. But you know it does make sense. Why would Martin want one of his babies get shot up when you can use a piece of crap instead!

"I take it you've done this kinda stuff before eh?" I ask because I want a conversation to settle my nerves. I don't have this hardened battle prowess like everyone else does. Wait, wait! I'm better then Rod! :D Yay! Ok that's something ... something very small to be proud of but something!

Fiona Devlin
Jan 14th, 2008, 12:49:29 PM
:: Fiona gave Michele a loving kiss before she departed with Martin. Reaching into the cabinet, she grabbed a quiver of arrows and walked out the door. Picking up Wolf along the way, she drove to Rod's to fetch him. That's when she felt the buzz. An immortal was nearby ::

Nikoleta
Jan 14th, 2008, 05:59:17 PM
Rod and Nikoleta were sharing a glass of wine together when she felt that familiar tingling sensation that warned her of another Immortal was nearby. Content washed away into a fierce scowl as she replaced her glass for a scabbard ...

Rod Stafford
Jan 15th, 2008, 09:11:11 AM
He'd seen such a change come over Fiona before and knew what it meant. His amusing story about the labrador in the public toilets would have to wait. They rose out of their seats. The concern for her was etched into his face, flush from the wine.

"How close?"

Nikoleta
Jan 15th, 2008, 05:06:23 PM
"Can't tell," she said, peeking between the curtains. "It only gives me a general proximity that they're close."

Fiona Devlin
Jan 15th, 2008, 05:11:41 PM
(OUTSIDE)

"Stay in the car, no matter what you hear."

:: She furrowed her brows so Wolf knew she meant it. Getting out of the Lotus, she made her way up the stairs ::

Rod Stafford
Jan 15th, 2008, 08:01:26 PM
He stood frozen for a moment, his eyes closed. He opened his eyes and suddenly made for the door.

"Someone's coming."

Nikoleta
Jan 16th, 2008, 03:01:16 PM
Nikoleta quietly darted over to the door and peered through the peep hole. "I don't see anyone yet. Wait ... here they come."

She saw only blonde hair being kicked up in the breeze as a person climbed the stairs. Slowly the top of her head could be seen and then her eyes.

"By the Gods!" Nikoleta was beside herself and moved away from the door in utter shock. She knew those eyes intimately. They were searching now, fixed and unblinking, trying to find the Immortal that had triggered her senses ... And now she was walking with purpose towards the very door Nikoleta was hiding behind.

"What's Fiona doing here?" she asked pointedly at Rod.

Rod Stafford
Jan 16th, 2008, 05:01:22 PM
"Fiona?" he asked, perplexed. His eyes grew wide.

"Fiona!"

He darted to the door and looked as Nikoleta had done: there she was, Fiona, in all her glory. He spun to face Nikoleta, still stooped at peephole height. He whispered in a panic.

"How do you know Fiona?"

Fiona Devlin
Jan 17th, 2008, 12:26:49 PM
:: She rang the bell, curiosity leading her to peer back in the peephole with her own eye ::

Nikoleta
Jan 17th, 2008, 12:34:29 PM
"She and I are old acquaintances. The last time I saw her was right before World War II broke out." The Immortal slipped the scabbard on and a brow raised inquisitively as the bell rang. "Fiona hasn't a clue I'm in town."

She had made Brigid promise her that if she wanted to reveal herself to Fiona, Nikoleta would do so herself.

Martin Le Roux
Jan 19th, 2008, 12:23:04 PM
Martin had discretely put the intimidating bits into a long, narrow storage bin behind the bench seats.

Martin and Michele decided to stop and get coffee. Martin never really enjoyed the stuff, so Michele was at the counter Martin grabbed a copy of the Tribune. Mocha triple something or other. He never cared to keep track, but there she was, happily sipping it.

Short of decapitation there wasn't too much that could kill an Immortal. In some ways Martin was jealous. You got to live the same amount of time without the need to drain. You looked normal. Sunsets. Sunrises.

"Do you still watch the sun as it comes and goes?" Martin asked as they climbed back into the cab.

Michele Hawkins
Jan 19th, 2008, 12:36:39 PM
Mmm! Mocha triple latte! The coffee was nummy. Nice and hot on this chilly day and warmed my insides good. The only that really sucked was no Fiona to share it. Hope she's ok.

Hopping back into the truck, Martin asked me a serious question. I know myself and other non-Vampies really don't think much of it, but the poor guy's cursed to never see another ray of light again. At least, no without being burned to a crisp or die depending on how long you stick around in the glow. Thinking about it now, in that context, made me ashamed of my answer.

"Yeah. I do." I nodded and sipped at the coffee so I didn't really have to talk about it.

Martin Le Roux
Jan 19th, 2008, 01:26:46 PM
"Good. I have the moon and the stars, and they do well enough." Because they must. It was slightly overcast, and the sky was cast in the unearthly purplish city glow. Martin slipped the P228 out and pulled the slide, making sure there w as a round chambered. It was ten till 1 AM. Traffic was light at worst, absent at best.

The drive was quiet.

"I am sentimental sometimes. I appoligize for making you uncomfortable." He said.

Michele Hawkins
Jan 19th, 2008, 01:38:15 PM
"S'ok." I give him a little smile, feeling a bit better after his admission. "Guess I'll get better with that with age, huh?"

Rod Stafford
Jan 19th, 2008, 04:09:50 PM
Rod nodded and his hand reached for the latch to unlock the door, then he retracted it suddenly and spun around to Nikoleta once more.

"What are we going to do?"

Nikoleta
Jan 19th, 2008, 04:15:04 PM
"Well," she crossed her arms with an expectant brow raised, "she must know of you to come here. Any idea why she'd want to see you?"

Rod Stafford
Jan 19th, 2008, 04:27:03 PM
"I've no idea!" he whispered.

Rod found Nikoleta's calm baffling. This was Fiona and she was about to walk in on him with a woman. It was Fiona, and she knew Nikoleta. Fiona! Rod was frozen to the spot and looked like a rabbit caught in headlights. There was another knock on the door. He looked to Nikoleta for guidance.

"Should I open it?"

Nikoleta
Jan 19th, 2008, 04:30:50 PM
Rod's behavior was rather peculiar. Nikoleta would have thought knowing that the Immortal knew of the other would be comforting. But his reaction was quite different then she surmised.

"Well, yes. Otherwise she's going to grow suspicious." She smiled reluctantly. "I prefer that she remained ignorant that I'm here in Chicago, but it seems the fates have decided to not grant me that wish."

She winked, "Besides, it's bloody cold out there Rod."

Rod Stafford
Jan 21st, 2008, 07:39:04 PM
He nodded in agreement with Nikoleta, his face absent of expression. He turned to the door once more and braced himself. He swallowed hard and opened it, the light from inside bathed Fiona in a warm glow. He forced a nervous smile.

"Fiona!"

Fiona Devlin
Jan 22nd, 2008, 05:14:59 PM
:: She leapt in from the cold, looking bewildered as her eyes darted about the room ::

Rod Stafford
Jan 22nd, 2008, 05:20:15 PM
He closed the door and turned with his back pressed firmly against it. His face was fixed so firmly in cheerfulness, it could have broke. He never took his eyes off Fiona.

"So... what brings you here?"

Fiona Devlin
Jan 22nd, 2008, 05:29:23 PM
:: She spoke without breathing ::

"Well, Martin and I found out where the Sabbat are hiding and we're off to round up the troops, which includes you. I need your help and wouldn't it just figure in all this mess there's another Immortal nearby???"

Rod Stafford
Jan 22nd, 2008, 05:39:27 PM
"Really?" he said, weakly, and leaked a nervous chuckle.

Nikoleta
Jan 22nd, 2008, 05:44:28 PM
"There is?" Nikoleta feigned shock as she approached them. "Any idea who it could be?" She had been hidden briefly behind the doorway that led further into the heart of Rod's apartment.

As much as the Immortal didn't like her presence known, the look on Fiona's face as almost worth it.

Fiona Devlin
Jan 22nd, 2008, 05:47:30 PM
"OAK & ASH!!!"

:: Fiona tried to look furious, and failed ::

"NIKI!!!" :glomp

Rod Stafford
Jan 22nd, 2008, 05:52:06 PM
Rod kept his distance, back pressed firmly against the door. He watched the women share a friendly embrace and decided it would be rude to make himself invisible.

Nikoleta
Jan 22nd, 2008, 05:54:38 PM
Fiona's little size hid how strong she actually was. Nikoleta wasn't quite ready for the tackle like hug and fell against the wall behind her with a laugh.

Fiona Devlin
Jan 22nd, 2008, 06:05:24 PM
:: Fiona was ecstatic, grinning wildly, and tugging on Nikoleta's hands as she danced ::

"Where have you been??? :crack Where have you been???" :crack

:: For an instant her sense of purpose was forgotten, til she glanced at Rod. Then she grew confused. Shaking it from her mind, she spoke again ::

"I need your help. Both of you."

Rod Stafford
Jan 22nd, 2008, 06:20:22 PM
"What-"

His voice was hoarse and Rod coughed to clear his throat. He took a step towards Fiona and he became serious.

"What can we do?"

Nikoleta
Jan 22nd, 2008, 06:35:52 PM
Fiona's merriment was keeping her mind unfocused and away from asking an obvious question. Nikoleta was grateful.

"The Sabbat only attacked me once. Several months ago. They didn't live to tell their Masters they failed and left me alone since. I'm sure they'll be happy to see me again," she said with an insidious smile. The Immortal had no problem stomping out troublemakers in her city.

Fiona Devlin
Jan 23rd, 2008, 04:25:38 PM
:: Fiona broke down the plan to them ::

"I could use the two of you to counter any suprises. We have to get going now though. The others are already on their way."

Rod Stafford
Jan 24th, 2008, 10:24:07 AM
"One moment, please."

Rod slid past the women and disappeared into his bedroom. There was a thud, then a crash followed by the sound of objects being thrown about. They heard him grumbling to himself and after another moment of clunking about, he reappeared carrying a bulky rucksack on his shoulder.

"I'm ready."

Nikoleta
Jan 24th, 2008, 03:24:11 PM
Every bang, crash and thud caused Nikoleta's face to twitch and looked pained. Eventually the noise subsided and Rod rejoined them with a very large sack.

"Did you bring the kitchen sink too?" asked Nikoleta, poking at the bag.

Fiona Devlin
Jan 24th, 2008, 03:48:20 PM
:: Fiona's face mirrored Nikoleta's ::

"Don't answer that, I don't want to know."

:: She stepped outside and waited ::

Rod Stafford
Jan 24th, 2008, 03:53:40 PM
Rod gave them a puzzled sideways glance and marched out of the door behind Nikoleta. They quickly descended the stairs to street level, he joined Nikoleta at her car and noticed Fiona's Lotus parked across the road. There was another sat in the car, Rod noticed, and shrugged the rucksack from his arm. His eyes caught Nikoleta's for just an instant.

"Who else is coming along?"

Wolf Bane
Jan 24th, 2008, 05:54:21 PM
Leg cramp, oh crap it hurt. Why the heck did humans insist on buying small cars or even cars at all, when they had legs just like all mammals? Crazy humans always wanting to get places faster. Maybe if they would slow down once and awhile they would see how wonderful the world really was.

He spotted a group of people walking out of the building with Fiona. His eyes went from pain to confusion. How the heck where they going to fit that many people in this small car? He rolled down his window then and yelled across the street at them.

"This isn't a dang clown car are you all crazy?"

Martin Le Roux
Jan 26th, 2008, 01:27:45 PM
Martin chuckled as he unfolded the copy of the Tribune.

"Probably. Sometimes it takes someone young to see the absurd, the lack of clothes on the Emperor. Too often people simply see what the want to. It's likely why we Kindred are so hellbent on killing each other sometimes." He said, turning the pages as he skimmed.

Michele Hawkins
Jan 26th, 2008, 01:49:36 PM
"Well, doesn't that also have to do with the blood lust?" I ask. "Fiona told me it's sorta like when an Immortal goes evil and lusts for power. Not quite the same but the best she could explain it to me."

Martin Le Roux
Feb 2nd, 2008, 10:20:17 AM
Martin paused.
"Some of us give in to the monster. They stop caring about anything but the hunt. Normal activity becomes a hindrance. They are mad, but not stupid. That is why the Sabbat is so terrible, but effective in some ways."

Fiona Devlin
Feb 2nd, 2008, 10:24:38 AM
"No, just Rene."

:: She made the briefest of introductions to all and then turned to Niki ::

"Not the reunion I expected, but after this is over, we have much to talk about."

Nikoleta
Feb 2nd, 2008, 10:46:57 AM
She nodded with a knowing smile, as if Nikoleta was in on some big secret. "I suppose we do."

Rod and Nikoleta hopped into her Roadster and waited for Fiona so they could follow them.

Rod Stafford
Feb 6th, 2008, 08:27:28 AM
"Well, this was unexpected."

Rod watched Fiona climb into her car, the engine and headlights sprung to life. Nikoleta took hold of the gearstick but before she could move it, he placed his hand on hers.

"I'm sorry you got dragged into this."

Nikoleta
Feb 7th, 2008, 09:14:26 AM
"Pish." She removed her hand to replace it over Rod's and squeezed. "With Fiona, everything is unexpected. I've learned to live with it."

Nikoleta leaned over and kissed Rod softly. "We do what we must to protect the City."

Fiona Devlin
Feb 7th, 2008, 12:43:31 PM
:: Fiona scurried back into the Lotus, pulling Wolf's head back into the window before leading the way ::

Martin Le Roux
Feb 25th, 2008, 08:51:44 PM
The Harley Night Train thumped next to Martin's F150. Brigid was grafted to Nara's back.

Brigid got off first, and Martin folded the paper.

"Thank you for coming."

Nara McKenna
Feb 26th, 2008, 03:56:55 PM
Nara grunted an acknowledgment and settled on Brigid doing all the talking to the Vampire. She slipped off the bike and strapped on her Klaive as her senses extended outwards. Nothing smelled out of the ordinary and so far, the noises she picked up were normal. Her eyes kept a constant vigil of the area.

Brigid Cassidy
Feb 7th, 2009, 12:31:52 PM
"You know I'd kick your ass if you didn't invite me, Le Roux." ;)

:: She pulled a Sig Sauer P226 Combat TB out from under her jacket and scanned with Nara ::

Martin Le Roux
Feb 15th, 2009, 03:43:38 PM
Martin reached back into the tool box in the bed of the pickup, and tossed a plastic bundle full of white powder at Brigid.

"Baking soda." He mouthed silently. In case anyone was watching, it would look like a drug transaction instead of a raid. Nara's eyes went wide and then narrowed. They needed to wait for the others to arrive.