PDA

View Full Version : Ventisians: 1st Revision

Jeseth Cloak
Dec 9th, 2007, 12:22:39 AM
With the changes brought about by the reset, I've decided to revise the race I created for my character. I believe that this update is long overdue. As was the case before, I'm open to people adopting this race for their own characters (provided that they approve it with me first and remain faithful to the original concept and design). If you were familiar with some of the characteristic of Jeseth's species, you'll notice that a lot of things were completely thrown out (including the original name). Other things I've left untouched. I'll add additional notes as things flesh themselves out.

Race:
Ventisian (Ven · ti · sian)

Home Planet(s):
Ventis (Ven · tis), Lysithea (Ly · si · thea)

Life Span:
700 years.

Physical Attributes:
Ventisians are a winged race. Their wingspans average roughly 3.96 meters (13 feet). They have either black or brown, straight hair. It gradually turns gray as they age. Their eye color varies from individual to individual, but is most predominantly black, brown, green or very rarely, red. They have eyesight many times keener than that of Humans.

Their muscles (with exception to their supracoracoideus and pectoralis muscles) are generally weak when compared to those of an average Human specimen. Additionally, their bones are hollow, and though this grants them a unique celerity, it places further limitations upon their bodies. The average weight and height of a healthy male specimen would be approximately 51.25 kilograms (113 lbs) and 1.77 meters (5 feet 10 inches).

Psychological Attributes:
Ventisians have complex thought processes, similar to those of Humans. Hand-eye coordination however, is a great deal better than that of Humans. As a species they are sensitive to adrenaline, making it likely that a Force sensitive Ventisian will find strength through the ideologies of the Dark Side.

Miscellaneous Physiological Notes:
Ventisian diets are always high in amino acids, so eating protein rich foods is necessary for their survival. Just as Humans are prone to diseases such as insulin resistance and cancer, Ventisians are prone to massive cell degradation. There is no cure available for those who succumb to the condition. Once afflicted by it, use of the Force will aggravates the condition. This can result in blindness, anemia and in severe cases, death.
Ventisian blood tastes like sugar and aluminum (unlike Human blood which tastes like salt and copper).

Jeseth Cloak
Dec 9th, 2007, 11:19:56 AM
Cultural Notes:
Ventisian language (as I’ve been implementing it) is loosely based on real world Russian and uses Japanese-style particle grammar. I’m cataloging all the words I’ve developed and will at some point provide a glossary.

Commoners on Ventis practiced three traditions: Rivats (the time of rending), Ciert (sacrifice) and Nyebesnai Mass (the time of common release). Each of these traditions was strictly enforced by Ventisian nobility, and they ensured a measure of control over the planets large population. Rivats was the mark of the covenant between the common people and their lords; At birth, all Ventisians of common blood would have their wings immediately severed from their bodies. This was done in as painless and careful a manner as possible, so as to leave the faintest of scars.

Ciert was an obligation to sacrifice. No Ventisian was permitted to deny a noble request, regardless of its nature.

Nyebesnai Mass was a tradition of ritual suicide. Two times yearly, all common blood Ventisians over the age of 200 would gather together, in one of thousands of release circles scattered across the planet, and transcend to the next level of consciousness.

Ventis however, no longer exists as it once did. The planet is now desolate and inhabited by only a few sickly Ventisians, most of who suffer from cell degradation and no longer live by the traditions.