PDA

View Full Version : Snapshots

Ilias Nytrau
Dec 4th, 2007, 01:23:06 AM
He had a family - once.

This was a carefree time, when hours leaked into days, and days poured into weeks. A child has fun, laughing with abandon and playing into the depths of imagination amongst the minutes that were like tall grass. This child, like any other child, tests the limits of his caregivers - Mama and Papa - and pushes the boundaries around him to learn what 'acceptable' and 'unacceptable' mean. He learns...he feels love, unconditional love. Love such as only a parent could truly give to a child. This child, given love, taught in love, disciplined in love, and eventually, released to the world in love - he should become a strong man. A man of honour, dignity, and integrity, who does wrong like everyone else, and does well to the world in every turn he takes. He had this life, once. Once, and only once, for such carefree, wholly trusting times have short years. Innocence becomes 'improper'. A boy must one day open his eyes fully and become the man in his destinies, and see the world for what it is: harshly imperfect and very trying. But that time is not yet.

The boy, he goes to school.

He must learn what is expected of him, and more, if it is within him to do so. The mathematics, social studies, arts, and so on. On and on it goes, and if the boy is eager, he does well. If the boy is of a laid back, careless mindset, this can easily put him up for failiure. So, eagerly, the boy tends to his studies, year after year. He develops interests, forms opinions, friendships and loyalties. And he excels. That boy is headed toward great things, they would all agree. And he did. At the end of his years of manditory schooling, he joined the mighty militia - and seemed to be well on his way. He went into the role of physician, attending the best schools a potential man of medicine could dream of, and putting his learnings into practice. Ten years passed...and then a few more. Within his units and such, he became of considerable note, his adeptness at his chosen field was unsurpassed by any other, save for the Jedi healers. And then, with the ragings of war, he was gone.

He had a family once. And they lost him. They lost him, but did not know that he was in fact - lost.

Why?

Strange things afoot, here. And nobody knows it but one other man. He was there. In part, he always was. The strange, almost magical bond that even separated twins can hold. The boy felt strange feelings from time to time, but never gave it any creedence. The other man did, for he felt it much more intensely. And the parents never could have imagined what DID happen, when one was 'traded' for another, because no one would ever know. No one, except the other man.

This 'other', was Ilias Nytrau.

Ilias Nytrau
Dec 4th, 2007, 11:09:32 PM
He, too, had a family once. They did not want him. This boy was an abomination in their eyes.

-- Twenty-Seven years before the Purge --

Honey, we took this risk when we adopted them as babies. We knew that anything could be possible, and we hoped against this...

No, Alain. You know the family teachings. You know what must be done. This...this sorcery..this 'thing' cannot taint our bloodline, adopted or not. You know. You accepted these things when you chose to become my husband.I am their mother - their lives are in MY hands. You know very well what will happen if we go against the ancient laws. Extermination, that's what.

Very well, my dear.Calm down, don't overstress yourself. I am obviously powerless in this. I will take care of it. I will do what must be done.

-------------------------------

Such a shame, it was. That life should be handed over and destroyed for the sake of tradition. For the sake of purity. The boy, he was two.

---------------------------

"Father, where are we going? Are we almost there? I'm ank...ank..."

The young lad, always curious, as a child should be. He knows not where he is going. He knows even less of just how it will change his life, forever. Father and son sit side-by-side, absorbing the gleaming structures of Coruscant passing by. From Alderaan to Coruscant, and now it was just passibly noon. They had left shortly after breakfast, taking their time, and the boy could barely take it. Neither could his father, quite frankly. Truth be told, he had little choice. This was the only way he could feel less guilt.

"...anxious. You're anxious, Falcon. I know, me too. It'll be alright, we'll be there soon, son."

The boy smiled, eyes of love, only for his father. Unconditional love, that grows true men. The father, not quite the man he once was in his younger years, tweaked a corner of his uncertain mouth back at the boy. Too easily ruled by fear, he was. But fear was not enough to outwit the father's love for the child. He had enough of that particular strength in him to give the best - and the last - gift he would ever give his eldest son. Too young, to have to suffer the judgements of the elders, he believed. And that is why he took the matter most unquestionably into his own hands, to give the boy a better life that he would never be able to give the child himself.

The time came, they arrived. What followed next would surely be the first crack in the china of this boy's innocence. The first crack, at the age of two.