PDA

View Full Version : AT-AT Gamecube Mod.

stevenvdb
Dec 1st, 2007, 03:39:01 AM
Nope, not mine.. but for those who missed out on the R2 PC case mod of a couple or so years ago, here's your chance. It's not cutting edge anymore, being a GameCube, but I don't see why you couldn't outfit it with a sff PC if you wish something else and that isn't your system of choice..

Link is here. (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=160186127051&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=006)

EDIT: It's now over $500USD. :/ If your vigilent, you can often find those Kenner AT-AT's selling for quite a bit less on the Bay (which this case appears to primarily be - not so much of a custom-made build as I originally thought. Still a nice idea and clever implementation of the lid/door, though.) and GameCube's go for a fair price, nowadays. Chalk it up to fans, though. If they wants it, they gets it!

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Dec 7th, 2007, 10:07:15 PM
The listing was removed :(

I bet it looked awesome though. Creative mods are always fun to look at and make me want to do my own.

stevenvdb
Dec 8th, 2007, 01:19:18 AM
Since the sale seemed to get some notice, from various blogs highlighting it, I wonder if the LFL bigwigs actually felt like getting involved or eBay got cold feet on their own and preemptively pulled it, fearing it would come across as an unlicensed product. The Lucas suits seem to frown and stamp down on any form of fanmodding to their IP, ie custom figures. Pehaps the seller himself got nervous and pulled it (maybe after getting a private deal?)

A fairly simple mod, really - one that could be easily replicated with a little luck and skill (there's quite a bit of room in there, plenty for geeky crossbrid goodness). But everything has it's first and with that a certain notoriety. I guess when you cross favorites: Star Wars with anything that has to do with gaming, you create a fairly lethal cocktail, however. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqV0to2L0zo

I'd rather spend that kind of money on an original Atari Star Wars arcade upright, personally. You know the vector graphiccy (?) one where you shoot some Tie-Fighters and them make a run at the trench. Wavebirds can't beat the feel of the old arcade grips. (Forgive me, watched Tron a few days ago. ;) )