PDA

View Full Version : Into the Void

Fiona Devlin
Nov 27th, 2007, 02:13:57 PM
:: Fiona finished up another day of business and closed up shop as Rene was exploring the upper level. She wondered what he was doing and climbed up the spiral staircase to look ::

Rod Stafford
Nov 27th, 2007, 02:31:54 PM
"This is perfect!"

The muffled voice came from somewhere within one of the narrow aisles of tightly packed shelving. Rod dashed out from between the shelves cradling something to his chest. He was suprised to find Fiona had joined him upstairs.

"This is just what I've been looking for, Fiona," he said, presenting her with the item in his arms.

It was a a block of steel about twelve inches long and three inches deep, its surface was charred and worn. It had six perfectly alligned cavities running down the middle. He beamed.

"It's perfect!"

Fiona Devlin
Nov 27th, 2007, 02:35:27 PM
"That's for arrowheads." she nodded.

Rod Stafford
Nov 27th, 2007, 02:45:04 PM
"And that's a lot of zeros," he said, noting the price tag.

"Will you take monthly instalments?" he asked, his face twisted nervously.

Fiona Devlin
Nov 27th, 2007, 02:49:31 PM
:: She laughed at the look on his face ::

"If you want it that badly, I suppose I can make an exception."

Rod Stafford
Nov 27th, 2007, 02:54:53 PM
"You're the best."

She rolled her eyes, not without a grin, and retreated back down the staircase. He eagerly followed her.

"Now I can finally get rid of those bloody cats."

Fiona Devlin
Nov 27th, 2007, 02:57:54 PM
:: She spun around on the staircase and stopped him with alarm on her face ::

"What???"

Rod Stafford
Nov 27th, 2007, 03:39:37 PM
"Kidding," he said sweetly.

Fiona Devlin
Nov 27th, 2007, 03:42:27 PM
"You're terrible."

:: She turned and hopped down the rest of the stairs ::

Rod Stafford
Nov 27th, 2007, 03:51:30 PM
"Wait until you see me on patrol."

He cleared the last four steps in one bound and plodded across to the desk where Fiona had started wrapping the cast with paper. He watched her tie it with string then wrap and tape it securely in bubble wrap. Then out came a box filled with styrofoam. His mind wandered and he absently toyed with a colourful rolodex.

"Are you nervous about tonight? I told Michelle I'd take care of you."

Fiona Devlin
Nov 27th, 2007, 04:04:15 PM
:: She looked up and laughed ::

"Not at all. I've got my Brother protecting me." :D

Rod Stafford
Nov 27th, 2007, 04:14:41 PM
"You'd better believe it," he said, he'd heard such an expression in a movie once.

His legs were stiff from all the crouching and climbing he'd been doing amongst the tall shelves. He wandered off slowly, and circled the perimeter of the room, stretching his legs. The pale light of day had been chased away and the grim deep blue of dusk had set in. The street lamps had not yet kicked in and he glanced outside as he passed a window.

"Do you ever get much trouble?"

Fiona Devlin
Nov 27th, 2007, 04:18:57 PM
"Oh, normally just the young licks or a disgruntled anarch."

:: She slipped on her coat and opened the door ::

"Every so often, another Immortal passes through."

Rod Stafford
Nov 27th, 2007, 04:27:58 PM
The antique cast sat boxed on the counter, Rod pulled on his long winter coat and decided that he'd pick it up after the patrol. There was an electric tingling in his stomach and he thrilled when the cold night air swept across his face. He followed her into the street.

"And mages?" he asked, "Do you get many of them?"

Fiona Devlin
Nov 27th, 2007, 04:38:32 PM
"Business mostly. The only trouble they give me is haggling."

:: She thought for a moment ::

"Lo Pan keeps to himself."

:: Her stomach growled ::

"Let's pick up a bite along the way."

Rod Stafford
Nov 27th, 2007, 04:55:04 PM
"I can't argue with that."

He lifted the collar on his coat to shield his neck from the icy wind. Fiona walked at a brisk pace. He walked alongside her, voicing his thoughts aloud.

"So we patrol the streets at night, protecting Sleepers from the things with fangs and fur, while at the same time trying to keep everything under wraps. Vampires and their bleedin' Masquerade."

"Christ, I miss the Dark Ages," he grumbled, wincing against the cold, "Politics was a dirty word back then, now it's our bread and butter."

Fiona Devlin
Nov 27th, 2007, 05:08:07 PM
"I prefer the Masquerade to the alternative." she replied, unlocking the Lotus so they could get out of the cold.

Rod Stafford
Nov 27th, 2007, 07:41:15 PM
"Show off," he muttered.

The door clicked open and he slid inside onto the smooth leather seat. It felt luxurious and there was a rich smell in the air. He was happy to shut out the biting evening air.

"Christmas is coming up soon."

He patted the dashboard with admiration and smiled at her.

"You won't forget me now, will you?"

Fiona Devlin
Nov 27th, 2007, 07:46:30 PM
:: Fiona grinned irresistably at Rod as she turned the key ::

"I'll put in a good word for you with Father Christmas." ;)

Rod Stafford
Nov 27th, 2007, 07:56:31 PM
"How did you ever become so stinking rich anyway?"

There was a tone of incredulity in his voice which carried over the sound of the engine starting up. He studied Fiona for a moment, her hands moved expertly over the stick and wheel; he made a mental note to ask her for driving lessons sometime. His eyes narrowed and he watched for any hint of guilt.

"I wonder if all this wealth you've amassed is entirely legitimate, too..."

Fiona Devlin
Nov 27th, 2007, 07:59:25 PM
"I robbed from the rich, gave to the poor, and saved a little for a rainy day." ;)

Rod Stafford
Nov 27th, 2007, 08:36:41 PM
"Yes, indeed. And, as I recall, you were the poor back then."

He chuckled and relaxed into his seat, enjoying the comfort. He watched a wild, bustling suburbia roll by through the window until the streets started to empty. They passed a two diners, a Chinese take-away, and an Indian curry house.

"Do you have anywhere particular in mind for a bit of scran or are you just starving me until I turn cannibal on you?"

Fiona Devlin
Nov 27th, 2007, 08:42:21 PM
:: They rolled up to a KFC ::

"How about chicken?"

Rod Stafford
Nov 27th, 2007, 08:49:48 PM
The door slammed behind Rod, he fished in his pocket for his wallet, and stepped inside. A few moments later and Fiona was by his side, standing in the queue.

"What took you so long?" he asked, staring at the bright overhead menu.

Fiona Devlin
Nov 27th, 2007, 08:54:04 PM
:: She laughed ::

"You were out of the car before I could stop you."

:: She ordered a large popcorn chicken to go, trying to ignore the oogling high school boys at a nearby table ::

Rod Stafford
Nov 27th, 2007, 09:08:02 PM
One of the gawping youngsters wolf-whistled and the bottom of his extra large coke suddenly fell through, showering his lap. He yelped helplessly and jumped out of his seat. The rest of the boys were now staring at him, pointing, and laughing. Rod smirked.

"Can I have a chicken bucket, a fully loaded zinger meal, and a large coke, please?" he said, then turned to Fiona, adding wisely: "We have to have a bucket on a stakeout - I saw it in a movie once."

Fiona Devlin
Nov 28th, 2007, 09:04:32 AM
:: Fiona glanced over her shoulder in amusement then back at Rod with a smirk of her own ::

"Alright. Two cokes please."

Rod Stafford
Nov 28th, 2007, 09:30:13 AM
Rod thanked the sour-faced teenager behind the counter and paid for the food. He followed Fiona out the door and to the car. The bright headlights flashed when the doors unlocked. But once the door was open, Rod hesitated.

"Fiona, are you sure it's okay to bring this stuff in there?"

Fiona Devlin
Nov 28th, 2007, 09:38:43 AM
:: Fiona knew he wasn't a slob, and there were no sides like gravy to panic about ::

"It's fine, Rene. Just keep everything in the bucket." ;)

Rod Stafford
Nov 28th, 2007, 10:03:38 AM
Not needing a second invitation, Rod plunged firmly into his seat, closed the car door, and tucked ravenously into his greasy chicken wings. He saw Fiona delicately picking at her popcorn chicken and offered her the bucket.

"'Ere, take some!" he said thickly, "It's good."

Fiona Devlin
Nov 28th, 2007, 10:07:02 AM
"I'm driving, silly. I'll have some when we get to the park. That was a nice trick you pulled back there." ;)

Rod Stafford
Nov 28th, 2007, 10:26:18 AM
"I don't know what you're talking about," he said casually, glancing through the window.

He sucked on his coke until it made a gargling noise, Fiona gave him one sideways glance and he immediatly stopped. His burger had been very spicy. The wall of skyward-reaching buildings thinned the further they went from the town centre, and up ahead they saw a parting in the concrete jungle where a pair of dark wrought iron gates stood open. A long footpath flanked by pale glowing lamps stretched into the distance.

"Here we are," Fiona said, bringing the car to a stop. Rod hugged the bucket to his chest.

"This is coming with us!"

Fiona Devlin
Nov 28th, 2007, 10:36:42 AM
:: Her cheeks puffed as she fought off a laugh, then nodded before getting out. The park was quiet as they started walking, and Fiona fished a piece of chicken from Rod's bucket ::

Rod Stafford
Nov 28th, 2007, 11:01:16 AM
"This is nice."

He chomped into a chicken leg, while cradling the bucket in his other arm. The path was flanked on both sides by trees with bare branches creaking overhead. Here the air was still and damp and moonlight shimmered against the tarmac. He took a lungfull of crisp air and sighed.

"I really appreciate you joining me on my first patrol, Fi. A shame it won't always be like this..."

He took another hefty bite and asked:

"What is the Colonel's Secret Recipe?"

Fiona Devlin
Nov 28th, 2007, 11:13:11 AM
"Not a problem. I don't imagine it getting too bizarre."

:: She paused for another bite ::

"He never told me, but I've almost got it figured out." ;)

Rod Stafford
Nov 28th, 2007, 11:31:55 AM
"Very funny."

He sneered but her face remained straight so he returned to his chicken. He could never tell if she was being serious or not about things like that; the more he thought about it the more he was convinced Fiona had the power to convince him the Easter Bunny was her second cousin or something. He suddenly chuckled to himself and spluttered.

"Oh, Fiona... get this... you'll love this... a vampire, a ghoul, and a werewolf walk into a bar..."

Fiona Devlin
Nov 28th, 2007, 11:36:54 AM
:: Fiona raised a hand to shush him as she heard something ::

Rod Stafford
Nov 28th, 2007, 11:42:42 AM
The moment he saw Fiona's hand raise, he fell silent, and his senses became alert. He stared straight ahead and waited. The air nearby seemed to prickle and he pointed in the direction he'd felt it.

Redcap
Nov 28th, 2007, 11:50:47 AM
:: Something stirred off the beaten path, and a dwarvish little man appeared just ahead of them. He looked alarmed as he spotted the two of them, and froze ::

Fiona Devlin
Nov 28th, 2007, 11:51:02 AM
:: Fiona's eyes widened, and then narrowed as she stared down at the little man ::

"I KNEW IT!!!" she cried.

Redcap
Nov 28th, 2007, 11:52:16 AM
:: The Redcap growled hatefully in recognition of Fiona, and scurried down the path with impressive speed ::

Rod Stafford
Nov 28th, 2007, 12:44:27 PM
Rod sprung into pursuit, sprinting as quickly as his legs could carry him. By the tone in her voice, he could tell Fiona wasn't going to let him get away easily, and she ran alongside him.

"Who is he?" he yelled.

He turned his attention back to the squat fellow, his distance from them growing, then his attention fixed on a trash can by the edge of the path. It toppled just in time to catch the dwarf's foot as he attempted to clear it and sent him stumbling. And with renewed vigor, he sprinted on.

Fiona Devlin
Nov 28th, 2007, 12:55:19 PM
:: Fiona blurted her explanation as they sprinted ::

"Well, I spotted him at the Faire a few weeks back and I swore to Macushla it was a Redcap and she didn't believe me!!! Oh no, I know I bloody Redcap when I see one!! Just wait we get home tonight ... oooof!!!!"

:: She was tackled suddenly by something huge, black and furry. More of the creatures appeared. Werewolves. Bat eared with huge cheshire grins. Fiona had mentioned them to Rod in great detail. They were Black Spiral Dancers ::

Rod Stafford
Nov 28th, 2007, 01:18:09 PM
When Fiona was attacked, Rod turned in time to see a similar black shape jump at him, but in the wrong direction. It crashed into a bush to his right. Two other beasts closed in on him now, slowly, their giant nostrils flaring. One was swiping at the air with its huge claws where his image stood refracted. The hulking black creature that had jumped Fiona was now wrestling with her lithe frame. Hidden, Rod discarded the bucket of chicken(a sound which distracted and dumbfounded one of the werewolves) and fumbled in his coat pocket for something.

Fiona Devlin
Nov 28th, 2007, 01:29:32 PM
:: Fiona choked as she was lifted off the ground by her throat, and the lupine leered at her as it brought her face to face for what looked like a kiss ::

Redcap
Nov 28th, 2007, 01:31:54 PM
:: The Redcap spied the abandoned bucket of num nums instantly, and hopped over to it. Sitting down, he ate gleefully as he watched his comrades surround their prey ::

Rod Stafford
Nov 28th, 2007, 01:51:45 PM
From his coat pocket, Rod retrieved a cellphone and hammered a series of buttons on it. He ducked, one of the wolves had picked up his sent and it's enormous, spindly claws raked at the air where his head had been. He pressed another key and suddenly the looming black beast backed away, its hands clutching at it's pink, pointed ears. The other wolves nearby did the same. He dropped the light-refracting illusion and ran towards Fiona.

"Hold on! I'm coming!"

Fiona Devlin
Nov 28th, 2007, 02:08:02 PM
:: Fiona coughed as the Spiral dropped her, and recovered quickly as the pack was briefly stunned by Rene's magick. Drawing her Jian from what seemed like thin air, she stood defensivley as the pack regrouped ::

"Stay close, Rene!!!"

Rod Stafford
Nov 28th, 2007, 02:29:01 PM
"Are you okay?" he asked over his shoulder.

His eyes were trained on the demonic shapes with large glowing eyes now circling them amongst the trees. They drew close and the pale lamp light illuminated their hellish features; their jaws were huge, and saliva glistened on their jagged teeth, their fur bristled, as if electrically charged, and their long heavy arms were drawn back, ready to strike. Rod's heart pounded. Four of the beasts reared on their massive haunches, and pounced.

One fell flat on its face with a crunch, its hind paws never left the ground, and there it remained, perplexed and unable to lift itself up. Gravity all nonsense now, the second leapt with such force that it flew over their heads and smashed into a thick tree trunk. The third werewolf found its mark and sent Rod crashing to the ground under its mighty body.

Fiona Devlin
Nov 28th, 2007, 02:40:50 PM
:: Fiona moved like a blur, slicing her attacker with a wicked cut. The beast howled in agony, blood burning from the wound as it hit the ground hard ::

Redcap
Nov 28th, 2007, 02:40:55 PM
"KILL THEM!!!" yelled the Redcap as he shook a drumstick impatiently.

"REND THEIR FLESH!!!!"

"SHUCK THEIR BONES!!!"

"KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILL THEM!!!!"

Rod Stafford
Nov 28th, 2007, 02:51:16 PM
The air rushed out of his lungs under the weight of the beast, its paws dug into his thighs and it rushed forward for his throat, its lethal jaws agape. There was a clunk as it's head collided with an invisible wall, angrily its jaws snapped, and saliva hung from thin air. For a moment, his eyes were level with the burning glow of the werewolf's eyes, and he cried out.

"Fiona!"

Fiona Devlin
Nov 28th, 2007, 03:02:33 PM
:: Fiona ran over, grabbing the Black Spiral's bushy tail with her left hand. With a flick of the wrist, she cut it off. The beast yowled horribly and turned away from Rod ::

Rod Stafford
Nov 28th, 2007, 03:27:18 PM
Regaining his composure, Rod scrambled to his feet, and found that he was tingling all over with adrenaline. Two werewolves had closed in on him, and snarled hideous smiles. An anger swelled inside of him, he crouched and picked up a stone the size of a marble from the edge of the path. The werewolves didn't attack, they relished the hunt. Rod pulled his arm back.

"Fetch, foul beast!"

He threw the stone at one of the creatures, it didn't flinch. Then its face twisted and it let out a breathless yelp of fright as the stone hit it with the force of a freight train, the werewolf was lifted from its feet and soared off. It split a tree upon impact and folded lifelessly to the floor. Having witnessed the demise of its companion, the second Dancer turned bloodthirsty eyes on Rod, and closed in.

Redcap
Nov 28th, 2007, 03:45:03 PM
"FOOLS!!!"

:: The Redcap reached into his pocket and hurled a globe at them, the size of a christmas ornamant. It glowed brightly and expanded. Everything seemed to freeze into slow motion, then speed up rapidly again as more Black Spirals appeared. They were seized, and suddenly pulled into the Umbra ::

Fiona Devlin
Nov 28th, 2007, 04:02:45 PM
:: Fiona's arms were pinned to her sides as she was taken by another Spiral, and reality melted away into a vast swirling mist as they rushed through to whatever awaited them on the other side ::

Rod Stafford
Nov 28th, 2007, 04:19:56 PM
The pain from the sudden rush of wolves and their claws digging into his arms and shoulders slipped away as he was engulfed by a bright warmth. The light wrapped around him, and dispersed in every direction. He felt weightless and found himself soaring through an open space of endless shimmering colour. The wolves which tightly flanked him gave off a terrible radiance. A light-headedness overcame him and he quickly lost conciousness.

Fiona Devlin
Nov 28th, 2007, 04:33:50 PM
:: They were taken to an umbral realm, crafted in the shape of a gothic castle. Rod was the first to regain consciousness, chained up against a wall. Fiona lay motionless on a stone table. Two Black Spirals had just begun tearing off her clothes ::

Rod Stafford
Nov 28th, 2007, 04:47:06 PM
When he awoke, he was suprised to find his hands suspended above him. He tugged pitifully at his restraints. The room spun a little, he felt a little tipsy without having drunk, and he shook head. Then he noticed Fiona and the werewolves.

"Get away from her!" he shouted, hardly recognising his voice.

The stones seemed to glisten like they had tiny stars in them. His cry echoed near and far, and it sounded a little bit like he was underwater. Light poured into the room from inexplicable sources; shafts of rose and lemon and white light slashed this way and that. He was so suddenly enamoured by it all that he didn't noticed the beast bound over to him and when it struck him with the back of it's massive paw, the pain felt far away, and the blood in his mouth tasted like water. He half felt like he was floating but at the same time could feel the warm stone firmly beneath him.

"Fiona!"

Redcap
Nov 28th, 2007, 04:57:19 PM
:: They finished tearing the last threads of clothing from Fiona's body, and were about to defile her before Rod's eyes when the Redcap entered the dungeon to stop them ::

"Out you mangy curs!" he shrieked, beating at them with a walking stick. "She's mine! Miiiiiine!!!"

Rod Stafford
Nov 28th, 2007, 05:00:42 PM
"I assure you, dwarf. She is not yours," Rod declared defiantly, now in full voice.

"Why have you brought us here?"

Redcap
Nov 28th, 2007, 05:06:35 PM
:: The Redcap turned, walking up to Rod and planting a golf swing into the Mage's groin. He smirked at Rod's pain before answering ::

"You gave me no choice, Human. You shouldn't have found us."

Rod Stafford
Nov 28th, 2007, 05:12:28 PM
"You shouldn't have taken us," he hissed through clenched teeth and deep breaths, "We have powerful friends."

The Redcap looked distorted through Rod's watering eyes. He lashed out with his feet, intending to break the little wretch's legs, but found that his ankles were bound fast, too.

"They will come for us if we don't raze this place to the ground first!"

Redcap
Nov 28th, 2007, 05:33:36 PM
:: The Redcap scoffed at Rod's bravado and turned his attention to Fiona. Hopping up onto the stone table, he sat down upon her naked body, in a curious imitation of Fuseli's painting, 'The Nightmare'. One of the Black Spirals lingered in the corner, watching and waiting with perverse hunger in it's pale eyes. The Redcap looked over at Rod with a lecherous sneer on his lips ::

"I don't think you'll be alive. You'll be tomorrow morning's jam, Human."

Rod Stafford
Nov 28th, 2007, 05:56:45 PM
"Get away from her! Get off her, you filthy little bastard!"

Rod roared with outrage, yanking furiously at his restraints. He wanted Fiona to wake up and tear the midget to shreds. The colours changed; the lemon turned amber, the rose became a full-bodied red, and the white shifted into a violet hue. The stone walls looked like a dusk sky dusted with waking stars. It made no sense to Rod and his frustration bubbled to the surface.

"What do you want with us?"

Redcap
Nov 29th, 2007, 07:45:26 AM
:: The Recap responded with a raspberry face, and picked his nose, flicking it at Rod dismissivley. Then he proceeded with molesting his sleeping beauty ::

Fiona Devlin
Nov 29th, 2007, 07:45:30 AM
:: Fiona's head rolled to face Rod, a beautiful pout on her lips as the Redcap ran his hands over her. She opened an eye to wink at Rod, then played possum again. She endured the groping, just long enough to draw the dagger from the Redcap's belt. A heartbeat later, she sprang to life, plunging the dagger into the pervy dwarf's eye ::

Redcap
Nov 29th, 2007, 07:47:53 AM
"AIIIIIIIEEEE!!!! AIIIIIIIIEEEEEE!!!!!"

:: He fell backwards, sobbing as he clutched the bloody wound ::

"MY EYE!!!! MY EYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYE!!!" :cry

Rod Stafford
Nov 30th, 2007, 06:11:36 AM
Rod had prepared himself for the sudden burst of violence, he'd also winced at the eye-stabbing and chided himself for the satisfaction he felt from the Redcap's cries of pain. The hulking werewolf bounded forward from the corner it had retreated to and he had expected it. A simple mental twitch and the drooling beast would be pinned against the wall, struggling to get free. But that never happened.

Rod felt himself shoved against the hard stone behind him with such force that his vision blurred and all he managed to do was blurt out Fiona's name.

Fiona Devlin
Nov 30th, 2007, 07:40:14 AM
:: Fear and adrenalin rushed through Fiona as the Black Spiral leapt, and she rolled off the table as it landed. What happened next was unexpected. Instead of pursuing her, it pounced on the wailing Redcap. A gruesome spectacle played out before Rod's eyes.

The Redcap went berserk, and the two creatures rolled end over end on the floor, mauling eachother. Teeth gnashed and limbs flailed as they growled and tore huge bites of flesh out of the other, swallowing in malicious gulps. It was something out of a nightmare. They were eating eachother alive!!!

Fiona raced over to Rod to free him from his shackles ::

Rod Stafford
Nov 30th, 2007, 04:17:51 PM
Suffering from dizziness and nausia, Rod couldn't watch the demented fiends tear each other apart with their teeth. He looked away, which also afforded Fiona a scrap of dignity. The dwarf's keys had fallen loose from his belt while he fought with the werwolf and she had scooped them up. She hovered over him as naked as the day she was born and he felt the cold restraints fall from his ankles and wrists.

He pushed himself up, using the wall for support, and found the room was spinning. He winced at the pain in his head, and found himself being led by the hand across the room to a mighty wooden door. He started to shrug off his coat, muttering something about clothing.

Fiona Devlin
Dec 3rd, 2007, 03:31:46 PM
"Later!" she cried.

The door swung open and she swiftly moved ahead to intercept the Spiral coming at them in the corridor. She dodged it's Klaive and slit it's throat. Arterial spray covered her torso with black blood, as thick as crude oil. Taking up the Klaive, she motioned for Rod to stay put as she scouted the far end of the corridor. It was clear, and she hurried back to fetch him.

Rod Stafford
Dec 3rd, 2007, 04:08:44 PM
Again, he felt himself being pulled by the hand but this time down a narrow corridor with clammy walls. Thick moss sprouted between the cracks in the stone. He could hear drips of water from the clammy roof and he slipped on the damp floor.

After Fiona had helped him up, they rounded a corner and spilled into a large round room with a dome-shaped roof. Rod looked up. Floating high above was a great congregation of colourful light orbs, they made no sound but scattered pink and blue shapes against the walls. Beyond the lights, Rod saw great tree roots hanging from the ceiling. Behind them there was a fierce snarl and when they turned, two great beasts bore down upon them.

Fiona Devlin
Dec 3rd, 2007, 04:45:31 PM
:: Fiona waited, closing her eyes as she stepped in front of Rod. She could feel them, rushing forward. Then her eyes snapped open and she closed the gap. Klaive and dagger clashed against Klaive and Klaive. The pair drew cuts on her body, and she returned them in kind. She stabbed one in the palate as it went for a reckless bite. The dagger went in upto the hilt, piercing the beast's brain.

Wielding a single Klaive now, Fiona's face took on a feral look of it's own. She could feel her own heartbeat, and the heartbeat of the Black Spiral as they circled warily. Fiona's celtic blood had worked her into a primal state, and she gnashed her teeth as she went on full attack.

"GUTTOLIC!!!"

Rod Stafford
Dec 3rd, 2007, 05:51:41 PM
In response to Fiona's war cry, Rod wretched and swilled the wall with half-digested fried chicken. His head swam and his eyes watered. He felt ashamed of himself; Fiona fights for their lives and he succumbs to an upset stomach. He wiped his mouth groggily and turned just in time to see the werewolf's head lobbed askew in a fantastic erruption of gore.

He puked again.

Nara McKenna
Dec 3rd, 2007, 06:36:53 PM
The scent of the air was foul and black. It betrayed the distinguish odor of putrid tar, the trademark stench of the Black Spiral Dancers. For weeks, Nara and Brigid had been trying to track down the Hive along with Fanum's help, but to no avail. They were being clever at hiding their tracks ... At least until now. Now the air was thick with their presence past three hours prior.

Nara turned north with the wind against her back and followed. It led her to Hyde Park. This was not too much of a surprise. The first Spiral was found here by her and Brigid. Apparantly this Hive was stupid enough to return to their previous sites of terror, however nothing seemed out of sorts, but she decided to sweep the park for any other signs of their presence. Their scent was still hours old.

Under the illumination of a street lamp, she saw a flap of something catch the corner of her eye. The Fury snatched it from the brush and inhaled. The scent was unfamiliar but it was heavy with sweat. Human sweat. She waded through the bushes and caught a whiff of something familiar and it made her eyes narrow with concern. It was Fiona. Fiona went through here along with the unfamiliar one.

With purpose, she swatted aside the foliage until a small clearing appeared and under the moonlight, Nara gasped. Fiona's sword lay bare on the ground without it's owner.

She knelt down and growled in concern. The scents ended here! Which meant one likely method of disappearance. The Umbra. Brigid would probably kill her for going alone but time was precious when the Spirals were concerned.

Gently the Garou picked up the sword and her eyes flashed instantly the moment she met herself within the blade. At that moment, the forest around her melded away and smelled Fiona and the other human before she fully stepped over into the Near Umbra. But then her eyes began to water. Between the human's vomit and the three Spirals in such near vicinity, it almost made her want to empty her own dinner.

With a bit of concentration, her stomach settled. Now it was rage, not bile that bubbled inside her.

"FioNAAAA!!!!" Nara shifted in mid leap into Crinos form, holding the Immortal's sword in one hand and brandishing Cormac's Klaive in the other. Her black fur glistened in the ethereal moonlight, unlike the matted and dull black fur of the Spirals before her. The Klaive sunk deep into Spiral flesh, causing the other two pause in mid-fight.

"Cowards!!!" Dropping Fiona's sword, her claws dug into the Spiral nearest to the Immortal and threw him away, ripping away fur and skin. "It's me you want!!!" She withdrew the Klaive and went in for the killing blow against the Spiral that was kneeling before her!

Fiona Devlin
Dec 3rd, 2007, 06:50:11 PM
:: Fiona paused in astonishment too, then engaged the third with the zeal of a mongoose. She had a sister by her side now ::

Rod Stafford
Dec 3rd, 2007, 07:11:21 PM
Rod spun and saw the ferocious stranger. Acting on instinct, he retreated until his back was pressed hard against the wall. The combat was swift and bloody, his eyes darted to keep up. The stranger had come to help and this steeled his nerves, and clenching his fists, he stook a step forward.

Then something landed on his shoulder. He was startled by the extra weight and jerked his head to the right, expecting to see another huge werewolf leering at him, but to his relief it was not. Perched upon his shoulder was a great bird of prey. Its wings shimmered midnight and sapphire, its rusty underbelly was speckled brown and its notched beak was crowned with a magnificent cere of burning gold. It ruffled its feathers.

"Gracious! What a mess!"

The bird spoke with a shrill and crisp voice. It was a female. Rod gawked at the animal, jaw agape, and it pecked his nose sharply.

"Well aren't you going to do something?"

Nara McKenna
Dec 3rd, 2007, 07:24:43 PM
The Spiral before her caught the tuff of Nara's forearm and grinned a poisonous smile. Acrid was the air as it's saliva fizzled the grass below. "Too true McKenna. You will walk the Dark Path and pay homage to our god!!!"

A sickened howl erupted from the depths of its belly. Nara and Fiona knew this sound intimately. Its brothers and sisters were being summoned.

Fiona Devlin
Dec 3rd, 2007, 07:31:22 PM
:: Fiona's heart leapt at the howl as her opponent shoved her back, and joined the call with it's Brother ::

Rod Stafford
Dec 3rd, 2007, 07:49:34 PM
The fiend holding the stranger lurched suddenly, its howl was stifled and it diminished into a frothy gargling sound. Fiona's blade gleamed victoriously with silver light and crimson blood. The beast looked down, the rest of the pack now silenced, and it grasped at the sword which stood erect from its chest. Behind it, Rod stood with his trembling hands wrapped tight around Fiona's weapon, and with a grunt, he wrenched it out through the werewolf's back. It collapsed in a heap before the strangers feet.

Nara McKenna
Dec 3rd, 2007, 08:00:13 PM
Nara's eyes grew big in surprise, her rage dwindling down into a low simmer. The strange human had taken out a Spiral on his own.

A human. A human!!!

White fangs poked out in a grin of triumph at the five Spirals that had answered the call and responded with one in kind. Her eyes fell upon the two nearest, piercing their eyes straight down into their souls.

Moments later, they ran off in a cowardly yelp leaving only three ...

Fiona Devlin
Dec 3rd, 2007, 08:05:08 PM
:: Fiona glistened head to toe with black oily blood, and she flashed a perfect white grin at her companions before issuing a howl of her own ::

Rod Stafford
Dec 3rd, 2007, 08:36:24 PM
Rod saw the glee on Fiona's face, the relish of battle, and failed to reflect her enthusiasm. The fact remained that he was still trapped in an alien place with five blood-thirsty werewolves(even if one of them was on their side). Above him the falcon circled gracefully, some colour replaced the sickly palor in his face, and with renewed vigour he fell into rank with the women, brandishing Fiona's sword with curiosity and uncertainty.

"And if they howl for more?"

Nara McKenna
Dec 5th, 2007, 12:56:27 PM
Nara snuffed the air and went down on threes. "That's a big if," she rumbled. "They're scared. Of us!"

The four remaining Spirals were backpedaling mostly, but they tried to muster some courage to march forward. The sight of them standing their with weapons drawn and facing them made their hearts quiver with uncertainty.

Fiona Devlin
Dec 5th, 2007, 01:22:51 PM
"Run, Curs!!!! Run!!! Or Catch Your Death!!!

:: Fiona rushed forward with a deep growling kiai as she emasculated the closest Spiral, slicing him open from crotch to sternum. She had two klaives now, and she charged the rest in full attack ::

"Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaahhhh!!!"

Rod Stafford
Dec 5th, 2007, 06:47:09 PM
The three werewolves scattered in Fiona's wake. She cornered one and the other two raced towards Nara and Rod. When Nara roared into full attack, Rod took a cautious step away from his oncoming enemy. It moved in a flurry of limbs and claws and teeth, yet it did not reach him. He had retreated so quickly he'd almost tripped over his own feet and was now pressed against a wall with the monster closing in fast.

"Attack, you fool! Attack!" cried a shrill voice overhead.

He rushed forward and lunged at the beast. In one careless swipe, its massive claws knocked the sword from his grip, and he felt a crack in his wrist. His cry for help was drowned out by the black beast's victorious howl, and he found himself driven into the floor. He heard a horrific grating sound as the beasts claws pierced his flesh and scraped against his ribs.

Nara McKenna
Dec 7th, 2007, 08:37:18 AM
Her Klaive tasted enemy flesh once more and howled in victory, further teetering the rest of the Spirals towards wanting to flee. But the human's scream made her whine in concern.

Glancing back, she saw where he fell and the Dancer was readying to finish him off. With the eyes of a hawk and precision of Garou ancestors, the Klaive left her hand, circling through the air until it embedded itself into the back of the cursed Garou, who's heart beat one last time before the silver blade ran it through.

She bounded over to him with ears drawn back in worry. He still breathed, but was loosing blood. He needed to be taken from here and quickly.

Fiona? Her mind touched the Immortal's. We need to leave. Now! Your human friend is hurt badly. I don't have the power to cure!

Fiona Devlin
Dec 8th, 2007, 09:48:01 AM
:: Fiona heard the scream too, and her face became pale as she saw what had happened. She rushed to Rod's side and cried out to Nara ::

"GET US OUT!!!"

Rod Stafford
Dec 8th, 2007, 02:01:59 PM
Fiona held him. He saw her lips moving and his blood was on her hands, fiery red glistened against slick midnight black. He felt the touch of her werewolf friend and the Umbra blew away in a wash of colour like golden sand caught in a desert storm. Watching the light dance in Fiona's eyes, he lost conciousness.