PDA

View Full Version : OOC question about the Imperial Academy...

Jeseth Cloak
Nov 25th, 2007, 08:58:20 PM
Does a character have to join the Imperial Army to attend the Imperial Academy?

Rakkel Thunderwing
Nov 25th, 2007, 10:57:07 PM
This answer may or may not be accurate. However, I state this being a member of the Empire.

A character does not have to join the Imperial Army to attend the Imperial Academy. Although a character does have to attend the Academy to enlist in any division of the Empire (army, navy, etc.).

A character is first enrolled in the Imperial Academy as a cadet, they take whichever courses required to become a member in the division they desire to join. Upon completion of those courses they are enlisted into service within the Empire's military force.

Works well in your favor I assume, but be warned: Dropping out of the Academy has consequences and out right leaving the Empire's forces after schooling may or may not land you in trouble. See: Defectors to the Rebellion.

Khendon Sevon
Nov 26th, 2007, 04:25:46 PM
I'd think you'd be required to do a certain number of years of military service after leaving the academy.

Jeseth Cloak
Nov 26th, 2007, 09:12:14 PM
Does the Empire accept Force adepts, or would Jeseth have to conceal this from them? I think this would be nearly impossible to do, especially since there's an official record of his having been a Jedi Knight before the Clone Wars. Are there even any active RPers who would be willing to train Jeseth if he was able to join? Since his Force abilities are equivalent to a Dark Jedi Master, having him start on a different path seems as if it would be more rewarding for me as a RPer.

Travis North
Nov 27th, 2007, 09:44:45 PM
Generally the Empire does not accept Force adepts among its ranks. However there are exceptions. Khendon is possibly the best example. You also have the Emperor's Secret Order and the Inquisition's Hunters. You even have characters who develop the Force during their tours of duty with the Empire such as Merrek Steele, and are very own Lamar Starworth. (apologies if I messed the name up, going on memory.)

There may be a problem with your character being a former Knight of the Republic. The Inquisition would be all over you if your character was discovered, although since you're a dark sider it's easy to manipulate your pressence to mask yourself and facial recognition is a snap to change with the right amount of creds.

Essentially your character is golden if he stays off the Inquisition's radar, and even if he does show up, he best be the most loyal troop ever.

Karl Valten
Nov 28th, 2007, 01:12:33 AM
Travis is mostly correct. Force-adepts are accepted into Imperial ranks, but the knowledge of this is kept under wraps and they are closely monitored by the Inquisitoriate at all times. The Inquisitoriate, Emperor's Hand, Prophet's of the Dark Side/Secret Order of the Empire actually contain a good number of force-adepts and actively sought out others for recruitment (or if they refused, execution).

The Inquisitoriate accepts people have very minor force sensitivity into their enlisted ranks because they can be trained to resist illusions and mental-suggestion to a much higher degree than non-adepts.

Military ranks much rarer. The under the system established here, the Inquisitoriate does allow sanction adepts to remain with the military under the Imperial Force Doctrine (Lamar Starworth for example). However they are usually required to have a tracking implant installed and are under even stricter suppervision than other force-users.

Jeseth Cloak
Nov 28th, 2007, 01:52:47 PM
Ok, that's good to know. It gives me some good ideas. Thanks to everyone who responded!

Travis North
Nov 28th, 2007, 07:26:59 PM
We're just as accepting as the Alliance, and we have better benefits.

That should be our new recruitment slogan.

Jeseth Cloak
Nov 28th, 2007, 08:52:31 PM
One more question... as a Jedi of the former Republic, who would Jeseth turn himself in to if he wanted to appeal the charges brought against him or stand trial? Just a point in the right direction will do, and I'll RP out the rest. ^_^;

Khendon Sevon
Nov 28th, 2007, 09:10:22 PM
Hey, man, if you want a master, I'm game.

You just have to IM me whenever you need me in a thread 'cause I don't check the RPing forums ;) But, maybe it'd be a good opportunity to write outside of my personal projects.

Khendon needs a new apprentice, anyway. They always seem to vanish on him...

Besides, it's about time I return for a spell, right? Need to bother people. It's what I do.

Karl Valten
Nov 29th, 2007, 01:03:32 AM
Which means a headache for the Inquisition

*sigh*

I'll get the mop and bucket, it's always a mess we have to clean up with you

:p

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Nov 29th, 2007, 07:55:23 AM
The Denny Crane of the Empire getting an apprentice? Oh lord.

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 29th, 2007, 04:57:51 PM
Won't Vega be jealous? :p

Khendon Sevon
Nov 30th, 2007, 09:39:15 AM
Vega smeygha ;) That thread never got off the ground :(

Too bad... blood thirsty dark siders make the best apprentices, haha.

And, yes, Karl, you should get a couple bucket squads to clean up after the insane messes that are about to be made ;)

And I've hit my smiley quota for the day.

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 30th, 2007, 05:06:25 PM
Well Vega's still around somewhere, following after Arya as you instructed him. :mneh

Karl Valten
Nov 30th, 2007, 11:11:22 PM
Vega smeygha ;) That thread never got off the ground :(

Too bad... blood thirsty dark siders make the best apprentices, haha.

And, yes, Karl, you should get a couple bucket squads to clean up after the insane messes that are about to be made ;)

And I've hit my smiley quota for the day.

Bah, my bucket heads are better than the one the military has.

Jeseth Cloak
Dec 1st, 2007, 11:05:38 PM
Things are indeed about to get interesting! Vega needn't be worried though, Jeseth's instruction is going to be primarily in military and tactical areas. In exchange, Jeseth will be offering his support to Khendon (as it is, they have similar visions) and his loyalty to the Empire! ^_^ That is, assuming they don't hang him.

Telan Desaria
Dec 2nd, 2007, 12:04:22 AM
Force sensitive candidates are scrutinized before Imperial military service by the Inquisition and COMPNOR/ISB, among others.

Imperial Academy entrance can be gained several ways - nepotism, glorious acts, exemplary military service (enlisted), appointment by political or flag-level military figure, or sterling service on the entrance exams.

Military service is indeed required after graduation.

The Imperial Martial Academy has numerous campuses, the most notable being Prefsbelt IV, Carida, Raltiir, Corellia, and Eriadu. Carida is mostly known for its Army officers, the remainder mostly Naval. However, classes are generally mixed with the exception being of course service-specific selections and training.