PDA

View Full Version : Battlestar Galactica: Razor

Rutabaga
Nov 25th, 2007, 08:14:24 AM
So, did all my fellow Battlestar Galactica fans here watch Razor last night? After so many months without fresh BSG, it was wonderful to bask in 2 hours of their usual high quality stuff last night. Extra kudos for giving us not only the old-fashioned Cylon Raiders, but also the old-fashioned Cylons themselves. When we saw the 3 in the Raider and heard the familiar sound of their red eyes and the legendary phrase, "By your command," I thought I was in geek heaven! :dance

My only disappointment was finding out that BSG's final season won't be starting until MARCH. Ugh, not fair, not fair! :shakefist

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 25th, 2007, 08:05:52 PM
I saw it and I agree I loved showing the old cylon models. So what do you think the line about not allowing Kara to lead them to Earth? The only thing I can think is leading the colonists to Earth would lead the Cylons to Earth which could lead to the destruction of humanity.

Aurelias Kazaar
Nov 25th, 2007, 08:13:27 PM
Okay so when did Razor take place? I missed it but still when did it take place?

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 25th, 2007, 08:53:11 PM
You mean chronolgically in the series? It took place after they took over the Pegasus. There were flashbacks with Kain.

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 27th, 2007, 12:50:08 AM
There were so many flashbacks within flashbacks!

The main part of it took place when Lee took over as commander of the Pegasus, and his first mission as commander. Then there were flashbacks to when Cain was still alive during the attack on the colonies and the months before they met up with Galactica. And then there were flashbacks to when William Adama was a pilot during the first Cylon war.

And what was up with the Quiznos recaps? "YOU JUST LEARNED THAT ADMIRAL CAIN AND THE CYLON WERE LOVERS", etc?? So bizarre!

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 27th, 2007, 11:04:46 AM
I didn't get the Quizon recaps myself. It was a heavy flashback episode. I did like the fact that Adama witnessed the early attempts at making organic cylons. It kind of explains why he wasn't so suprised to learn that Lebron was a cylon back in the first episode.

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 27th, 2007, 04:26:03 PM
We watch Flash Gordon so we'd already seen the two minute bits they were airing during that show of William 'Husker' Adama and his discovery of the hybrid experiment place on the ice planet. Its actually longer than what they showed during Razor.

All in all it wazs a good 'movie' - I enjoyed it. I'm confused about Starbuck though - was the hybrid lying? Why would it try to help the humans with some sort of true prophecy?

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 27th, 2007, 05:14:46 PM
We watch Flash Gordon so we'd already seen the two minute bits they were airing during that show of William 'Husker' Adama and his discovery of the hybrid experiment place on the ice planet. Its actually longer than what they showed during Razor.

All in all it wazs a good 'movie' - I enjoyed it. I'm confused about Starbuck though - was the hybrid lying? Why would it try to help the humans with some sort of true prophecy?

I am not sure about that. It could have been trying to get them to stop because it would mean the end of the Cylons. I think that would be more likely. The cylons even this hybrid is untrustworthy. I guess it is possible that the surviving colonies could lead the cylons to Earth and destroy humanity that way, but I don't see the series ending on that somber note.

Yog
Nov 28th, 2007, 12:59:51 PM
I loved BSG: Razor. I felt it had even higher production qualities than the regular season. Man, I love miniseries.

The character of Caine was more fleshed out. A lot more made sense going back in time.