PDA

View Full Version : Black Friday madness

Yog
Nov 24th, 2007, 11:09:59 AM
Is it just me, or does it get worse every single year O_o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXQelTyvGLY

Figrin D'an
Nov 24th, 2007, 11:46:17 AM
In some areas, I don't think Black Friday this year was nearly as bad as it has been in the past. I actually did a bit of shopping yesterday in a traditionally very heavy shopping area, and I really didn't have much trouble with things like parking or dealing with crowds. It was busy, yes, but it wasn't a complete madhouse like I've seen previously.

I did see a lot of sales and specials on just about everything, though. I think retailers in the US are worried about this holiday season, and are pushing harder than normal to move product.

Zem-El Vymes
Nov 24th, 2007, 12:11:56 PM
Black friday is one of the few times I've ever felt like I may have to defend myself. People are INSANE. I'll never go back to one.

Droo
Nov 24th, 2007, 01:20:49 PM
Why not go on Not-So-Black Saturday? Is there really any need for all that nonsense?

Yog
Nov 24th, 2007, 01:32:41 PM
Well, apparently, the best offers are limited in supply, so the ones who stand in 8 hour lines get there first. The guys in front are probably looking for that 50 inch 1080p TV for a $1000, or whatever outragous price designed to lure the masses to the store.

Hartus Kenobi
Nov 24th, 2007, 10:57:39 PM
i avoid black friday shopping like the plague. i don't need the stress.

Nathanial K'cansce
Nov 25th, 2007, 12:17:55 AM
We went Friday night to this huge outlet place in Grove City, and it seemed fined. I even bought a pair of sneakers! (the pair I had on my vacation kinda got wet by wearing them in the snow while playing)

Zem-El Vymes
Nov 25th, 2007, 01:55:33 PM
Why not go on Not-So-Black Saturday? Is there really any need for all that nonsense?

There are extremely good deals that you won't find at any other time in the year. I suppose if you chose your battles carefully you could manage a good friday, but definitely avoid the big box stores like Wal Mart. I regret going there, and nearly got trampled, and witnessed two fights actually taking place over loot.

Ryan Pode
Nov 25th, 2007, 09:02:10 PM
I got a Wii on black friday.

Cat X
Nov 25th, 2007, 10:02:20 PM
Wonderboy,
What is the secret to your power?
Wonderboy
Wont you take far from the mucky muck?

AGGGGGGHHHHH MY PANTS ARE ON FAR!

Yog
Nov 25th, 2007, 10:35:34 PM
I regret going there, and nearly got trampled, and witnessed two fights actually taking place over loot.

Tell me more. This sounds amazing.

Zem-El Vymes
Nov 25th, 2007, 11:02:21 PM
It's basically a story that involves Wal Mart being horribly managed and filled with the type of people who normally shop at a Wal Mart. Basically, everybody started a rush on the doors when they opened, and it was not orderly at all. Then some idiots decided to make a dash for the portable DVD players and when the pile they had laid out was down to the last few, people started getting really upset and started pulling claimed items out of other customers' hands.

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 26th, 2007, 09:51:00 AM
Oh, consumerism... when will you learn?

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 27th, 2007, 01:01:54 AM
I've never been able to attempt Black Friday shopping - I'm always working.

Going shopping on Friday night gets you the weekend deals, not the real Black Friday early morning 5 to 6 hour deals. Usually the crazy early morning shoppers have already retired to their homes to sleep cuddled around their 5 am store opening deals. :p