PDA

View Full Version : Put on Your Dancin' Shoes

Martin Le Roux
Nov 20th, 2007, 07:30:42 PM
Martin had a new car. The Mugello Blue Audi R8 gleamed under the streetlights.

He was dressed well in a carefully deconstructed Italian suit. The military boots and red sleeves were quite a departure from the norm. They were headed to Rush Street. Velvet Acid Christ and The Birthday Massacre were touring with Front Line Assembly at one of the Industrial clubs.

Fiona Devlin
Nov 20th, 2007, 07:59:42 PM
:: Fiona was dressed in leather jeans and a daring halter top of fine chainmail. She stood in front of the mirror, preening her new haircut like a feline ::

Martin Le Roux
Nov 20th, 2007, 08:06:42 PM
"Fiona!" He knew she would preen.

Rod Stafford
Nov 21st, 2007, 02:31:19 PM
Rod stood outside a place called 57. Fiona had not yet arrived but he was early, regretably so. The last slew of people to shamble into the club looked very odd indeed; all black and white, including their faces. He wore a red cut-off shirt and a pair of grey jeans. A chain hung from his leather belt, it felt odd clanging against his thigh. His sneakers were checked black and white.

"Where are you, Fiona?" he mumbled under his breath as he smiled nervously at the next barrage of bizarre patrons.

From his rear pocket, he pulled out a folded copy of the Chicago Tribune. He opened it out and held it aloft, flicking eagerly through the pages.

Michele Hawkins
Nov 26th, 2007, 08:33:47 AM
I sneak around, as much as I can do being an Immortal (that buzz makes for sneaky sex difficult :(), and nuzzle her bare neck. "You look delicious!"

Since I've never been to a club like this, I gave the dressing of moi to her. So I'm wearing this black silk bustier and riding skirt, with boots to match, topped up with a choker which hung a maltese cross. I hope I look more gothicy then emoy, but this is Fiona we're talking about. I probably look amazing but to shy to admit it.

Fiona Devlin
Nov 26th, 2007, 08:59:18 AM
"Alright Martin, I ... ieeeeee!!!!"

:: She was distracted long enough for Michele to suprise her. She nuzzled back in self-defense ::

"Okay, we're ready. What do you think?"

Martin Le Roux
Nov 27th, 2007, 08:19:40 PM
Martin let a small smile play across his face. If he were properly alive, he'd have no way to run a brain and would have begun to drool. As it was, his inner Toreador had taken over, and he stood with wide eyes, enraptured.

"He's gone and glazed over on us." Fiona said. It was problematic of the clan. She walked up, Martin's eyes dividing time between the two immortals. She put her hands over his eyes and kicked him in the shin, waited for ten seconds, and did it again.

"Ow." He responded after the second kick.

"Martiiiiinnn..."

"Oui, oui. Fiona will have to sit in your lap, Michele." Martin winked.

Michele Hawkins
Nov 29th, 2007, 05:58:26 PM
I grin over at the naughty Vamp Boy. "No complaints here!"

Fiona Devlin
Nov 29th, 2007, 06:06:54 PM
"Rod is meeting us at the club. We should get going."

:: She stopped quickly at a mirror to look at herself again ::

Martin Le Roux
Nov 29th, 2007, 07:00:49 PM
"Who's Rod?" Martin asked as they got into the car, Michele first, and then Fiona giggled a little as she climbed into her lap.

Michele Hawkins
Dec 3rd, 2007, 05:12:16 PM
I snuggle Fi close and look over at the Vamp man, "He's an old friend of Fiona's. He works at the Trib." :D

I don't know how much Rod and Fi want our beloved Martin to know about his Mage like tendencies. So better safe then sorry!

Martin Le Roux
Dec 3rd, 2007, 07:25:37 PM
"Oh, that's interesting." Martin filed it away for safe keeping. He eased the car along since they weren't seat belted in, and he didn't want any negative attention.

Fiona's place was very central, and I didn't take longer than 10 minutes to get to the club.

The valet was a bit surprised when Fiona exited and then Michele followed. Martin smirked as he handed the keys over.

"There are only 10 of these in the US. Do not crash it." He gave him a pat on the back and a twenty.

Fiona and Michele each took an arm.

"Where is your friend?"

Rod Stafford
Dec 3rd, 2007, 07:37:35 PM
His impatience was matched only by his discomfort. He'd reached the sports pages and the paper rushed as he yanked the newspaper away from his face. That was when he saw a pair of faces he recognised opposite him. He beamed and called out.

"Fiona! Michelle!"

He held aloft the crudely folded newspaper in a gesture of greeting and paced forwards. He was at first oblivious to the man in their arms.

"I was beginning to think I'd been stood... Wow! You look, you both look... wow! Are you sure that's legal?"

Fiona Devlin
Dec 3rd, 2007, 07:41:13 PM
:: Fiona laughed as she slipped off her Jacket to show off her bare back. She tossed a sassy look over her shoulder ::

"You like it?" :D

Michele Hawkins
Dec 3rd, 2007, 08:17:38 PM
"Hi Rod!" I flash a similar grin to that of Fiona's, though my cheeks were a tad redder. I'm still not used to looking like this, where my fiance has no qualms about flashing the goods.

Martin Le Roux
Dec 3rd, 2007, 08:22:43 PM
Martin waited until Rod had somewhat regained his senses.

"Martin Le Roux." He said, offered his hand and smiled warmly.

Rod Stafford
Dec 3rd, 2007, 09:00:05 PM
"Rod Stafford. Pleased to meet you."

He shook Martin's hand, his eyes seemed to smile, and Rod grinned. He fell into step alongside Michelle. He discarded the newspaper and thrust his hands inside his pockets. He smirked.

"Velvet Acid Christ and The Birthday Massacre. Sounds quaint."

Fiona Devlin
Dec 4th, 2007, 09:59:05 AM
:: Fiona chuckled and pet Rod sympathetically. She realized he missed the evolution of Rock & Roll. Catching Michele's hand, she tugged impatiently ::

"Come on! :lol Come on!!!"

:: She wanted to dance so badly she was trembling with excitement ::

Michele Hawkins
Dec 5th, 2007, 01:01:33 PM
"Don't worry, Rod!" I say quickly as I am jerked to move faster. "I have no idea who they are either!!!"

Martin Le Roux
Dec 5th, 2007, 06:54:04 PM
They were still in the pre-show, as these things never started exactly on time. Roadies were moving equipment back and forth. It was not well lit, but one of the local DJs was spinng a Cruxshadows song mixed with samples of the Kronos Quartet. It was dramatic.

Martin and Fiona quickly found space in the crowd to dance. Both displayed excellent rythm, but it was clear that Fiona was more enthusastic at the moment, which Martin was perfectly happy being her sounding board.

Rod Stafford
Dec 6th, 2007, 07:47:39 AM
"I'm glad you said that," he said to Michelle over the roar of the music.

Presently, Rod found his senses bombarded by a horrific noise, garish lights, and bizarrely clothed people dancing in a bizarre fashion. They bumped into him as he squeazed past with Michelle in tow until they were close to Fiona and Martin. They were having a good time, and for a second, Rod studied Martin's dancing. He figured that he could find the beat of the music judging by when his ears felt most offended. And he started to immitate those around fairly horribly, and he didn't care.

Fiona Devlin
Dec 10th, 2007, 08:13:03 PM
:: Fiona frolicked back and forth between her friends, being more than a bit of a showoff with her dancing skills ::

Michele Hawkins
Dec 29th, 2007, 04:51:21 PM
I kinda look around too because I have no idea how to dance, cept to sway back and forth during a slow song. I mean, how hard is that and you don't look like a freak, right?

I glance Rod up and down and shrug. What the hell! I try and hear something that resembles a bass and start hopping and thrashing in tune to that and Rod. We probably look like we're having epileptic seizures.

But ... considering some of the sideways glances I got, it wasn't laughter I saw in some cases, more like a lusty stare. At least I looked good dancing like a dork :D

Martin Le Roux
Dec 29th, 2007, 07:00:53 PM
Michele's movements were not anywhere near as chaotic as she thought. She had been training with Fiona for long enough that her body knew better. While her steps were not as planned as Fiona's or Martin's, her movements were smooth and graceful, and her sense of timing was perfect, thanks to the years of piano practice. She was not just a stunning face - she was a stunning face who was dancing rather well.

Martin moved closer, providing a little bit of guidance to her steps. Michele picked up quickly, neatly providing counterpoints to Martin's steps and movements. If it had been anyone else, Fiona might have interviened. Fortunately for her friend Rod, Fiona had interviened with him. He had given up and was having fun, but certainly didn't have the seemingly natural ability of Michele. Fiona's instruction netted more than one jealous look.

Martin, however, was ready to begin experimenting. Straight red hair came down to her jaw. Her skin was pale, but not artificially so. She could dance decently, and had light blue eyes. She smiled. Martin smiled back.

Rod Stafford
Jan 7th, 2008, 05:26:52 PM
Over the din, Rod found it difficult to follow Fiona's dancing tips. They were fairly close and he'd had a similar, more intimate experience once before in a club. This music demanded dancing of a more kinetic nature. He struggled to mimic Fiona's rythmn and when all hope seemed lost, he unveiled his secret weapon: the air guitar!

Fiona Devlin
Jan 8th, 2008, 01:36:45 PM
:: Suddenly, a pair of groping hands wrapped around Fiona's waist, lifting her off the ground lewdly. She struggled as the big oaf bumped against her with a stupid grin on his face ::

Michele Hawkins
Jan 8th, 2008, 10:29:53 PM
So Martin's eyes were wandering. I let mine too and check at the red head that was smiling back at him.

"Ooo!" I nudge him. "Go talk to her!"

Martin Le Roux
Jan 13th, 2008, 12:30:03 PM
Martin needed little urging, but took a quick survey of his friends: Rod and Fiona...

Oh goodness. Fiona. I pointed Michele in her direction. If she had been wearing sleeves, they would be rolling up right now.

"Hey!" The big idiot was ignoring Michele. Martin walked up, his face cold, his eyes menacing.

"Lassen sie allein oder werde ich Ihren Mut leer." he said in crisp, angry German.

"What?" He asked. Fiona slipped away as he gathered his hands.

"Leave her alone, or I'll feed you your intestines." He said, still in a German accent.

"Man you Germans are crazy."

"Frack off, jah?" Sometimes it was obvious we haven't come that far. Martin shook his head as he walked away. Being an overbearing Alpha wasn't something he enjoyed.

Still, he gave Fiona a pat on the bottom and walked away, toward his red headed interest.

Rod Stafford
Jan 15th, 2008, 09:38:45 AM
Rod stood erect and still, he was agitated by having seen Fiona handled in such a manner, fortunately her friend, Martin, had stepped in. He didn't hear what he innitially said but then he picked up his voice over the din and it left him perplexed.

"Are you okay?" he asked Fiona, eyeing the hefty brute with contempt.

Fiona Devlin
Jan 15th, 2008, 01:42:43 PM
:: Fiona wrapped her arms around Michele for comfort, and nodded ::

"I'm alright."

:: She spied Martin approaching the redhead and a cheeky grin lit up her face. Then she started dancing again, safely between Rod and Michele this time. She gave the trespass no further mind, but the big oaf still watched from a distance ::

Michele Hawkins
Jan 15th, 2008, 05:00:24 PM
Well, ain't I oblivious to everything going on around me? Thankfully Martin saved Fiona but he had to keep me back from throwing a nice fist into his face for touching my girl.

I'm practically grinding up against her so people get the damn hint that this woman is taken. Having Rod here will help too hopefully.

Martin Le Roux
Jan 15th, 2008, 05:46:17 PM
Martin didn't say anything, just smiled casually. His new acquaintance smiled a bit shyly, dancing nearby. The opening band slipped onto the stage under the cover of the dark. The regular DJ booth was off to the side. The lights flickered on to the sound of warmly distorted guitar (http://www.myspace.com/thebirthdaymassacre). A cheer erupted through the crowd. Compared to the more somber pace offered by the house DJ, the opening act picked up the pace considerably.

"Your name." Martin asked as she danced, no more than a hand away.

"Cassandra." She replied.

"Martin." He smiled. She blushed a little as the band slipped into a slightly slower song, and they danced closer.

Rod Stafford
Jan 19th, 2008, 03:44:15 PM
His dancing had grinded to a halt. Michelle and Fiona were close enough to ward off any pretenders to the throne, Martin was talking to an attractive woman, and Rod felt uncomfortable. His eyes danced between the girls and the brute until he had retreated somewhere into the thick of the crowd. Satisfied, Rod tapped Fiona on the shoulder and brought his hand to his mouth as if he were drinking.

"Something fruity," she said.

"Talking about me?"

Michelle draped her arms around Fiona's waist and pressed her chin into her shoulder. She smiled sweetly at Rod and asked for whatever Fiona was having. Rod nodded, and made a beeline for the bar.

Fiona Devlin
Jan 19th, 2008, 04:02:52 PM
:: Fiona reveled in Michele's possession of her, and she danced slowly against her as she waited for Rod to return with drinks ::

Michele Hawkins
Jan 19th, 2008, 04:08:16 PM
"Hope that idiot doesn't come back," I said and kissed the nape of her neck. "Sorry I didn't see you in trouble..." :(

Fiona Devlin
Jan 22nd, 2008, 05:59:32 PM
"Don't worry on it." she trilled back. "Let's go join Rene. I'm very thirsty."

Rod Stafford
Jan 30th, 2008, 10:00:38 AM
Rod paid the bartender and turned away from the packed bar, carefully handling a pint of bitter and two red cocktails with ice and crushed green leaves. He noticed Fiona pressing through the crowd with Michelle in tow, her eyes alert for any lecherous gropers. He offered them their drinks.

"Raspberry Mojitos, apparently. Hope you like."

He drank rabidly from his pint, enjoying the cool ale in his mouth, and stared into the crowd with narrowed eyes. He sighed happily and edged in closer.

"How is Martin doing with that bird?"

Martin Le Roux
Jan 30th, 2008, 07:28:58 PM
Martin was doing quite well. Cassandra's lips were locked with his. She was so distracted at how warm she was feeling that she did not notice that he was nearly room temperature. He ran a hand down her back lightly when she came up for air, and could feel her shudder. It was always a battle, keeping an inner predator in check. A tiny slice was shouting loudly to just drain her dry.

The rest of him wanted to give this beautiful young woman the high of her life.

Michele Hawkins
Jan 31st, 2008, 05:08:46 PM
I sip my mojito as I am all sneaky like scoping out the Martin situation.

My straw falls outta my mouth in a big smile. I elbow Rod in the ribs. "Good thing he doesn't need to breathe! Cuz I think his lips are permanently attached to hers!" :D

Fiona Devlin
Feb 7th, 2008, 12:58:18 PM
:: A saucy look spread over Fiona's face as she watched, enthralled ::

Rod Stafford
Feb 7th, 2008, 02:56:48 PM
Rod lifted his nose out of his pint glass and stared at Michelle with perplexed scrutiny.

"Why wouldn't he need to breathe?"

Martin Le Roux
Feb 7th, 2008, 08:00:00 PM
The Birthday Massacre finished up it's set, leaving the local spinning again, this time doing a strange, soft mix of of Stone Temple Pilot's Sin. It was brilliant. With a bit of extra echo and the occasional pitch shift, Scott Weiland sounded dark and sexy.

Three letters flashed up against the curtain, V N V. They pulsed, fading in and out, sometimes flashing off completely before snapping back on.

"VNV Nation! I love them!" Cassandra exclaimed.

"Do you want to meet them after the show?" Martin asked.

"You can do that!? Would you?" She asked, starry-eyed.

"I was going to anyway. I haven't seen them backstage since they went through Paris for Futureperfect."

"Oh wow." Cassandra looked envious.

"Oui. It was a good time." Martin smiled slyly Electronaut snuck into the air.

Michele Hawkins
Feb 9th, 2008, 02:01:56 PM
Rod lifted his nose out of his pint glass and stared at Michelle with perplexed scrutiny.

"Why wouldn't he need to breathe?"

"Um ...." The straw falls from my lips as I'm at a loss for words. I thought Rod knew that Martin was a Vamp Man!

I look over at Fi with pleading eyes as if to say 'Help!?' :(

Fiona Devlin
Feb 9th, 2008, 02:26:28 PM
:: Fiona snapped out of her trance ::

"Oh, well you know ..."

:: She gave her Mojito a suggestive slurp and licked her lips :: :mneh

Rod Stafford
Feb 9th, 2008, 03:03:32 PM
"No, I don't know," he said, flatly.

He looked from Michelle to Fiona and back again, vexed by the in-joke.

"What are you talking about?"

Martin Le Roux
Feb 9th, 2008, 06:11:01 PM
Cassandra was never more than inch from Martin as they danced to the sounds of the Access Virus synthesizer, except when the song was a darker track, like Fearless, where a stomp was demanded. They seemed to crash together sometimes, and then back apart, as if they were two magnets being flipped back and forth.

Our domain, this kingdom come
now godless lands whose ways are lost.
Without the strength to carry on.
All values lost all virtue none.
Did you think you would be saved
by burning flags to cleanse yourselves of shame?
Or are you afraid as you stare back at your face?
are you ashamed, are you afraid,
by destroying what the gods had made?
Did you think you would be saved?

I believe that we'll conceive
to make in hell for us a heaven.
A brave new world.
A promised land.
A fortitude of hearts and minds.
Until I see this kingdom is mine,
I'll turn the darkness into light.
I'll guide the blind.
My will be done until the day
I see this kingdom has been won.

No more the servants of the weak
devoid of thought or light to seek.
I'll leave no walls, no stone unturned.
Every tower to be razed to the dust from which it came.
None will be spared, no remnant saved.
Are you ashamed, are you afraid,
of the gods and idols you have made?
Did you think you would be saved
by the gods and idols you have made?

None will be saved.
None will be saved.

Michele Hawkins
Feb 10th, 2008, 03:29:46 PM
"Um ... " I my arms fell off of Fiona and entwined around Rod's waist. I wanted to get him nice and close so I could explain things nice and cozy with his ear. No one else around us could hear what was going on.

"Before I tell you this don't freak out ok?" Rod was giving me a dubious look. "Promise?"

Fiona Devlin
Feb 12th, 2008, 05:28:09 PM
:: Fiona leaned against Rod from behind, nuzzling her chin against his shoulder. To observers, it looked like Rod was simply scoring with two hot chicks ::

Rod Stafford
Feb 12th, 2008, 05:40:21 PM
Rod's frustration turned into confusion then amusement. He glanced at Fiona and realised that they were setting him up for a joke but he played along. He grinned and made the hand gesture of a cub scout.

"Okay, I promise! Now what's this about?"