PDA

View Full Version : The Fresh Start

Trevor Smokey
Nov 10th, 2007, 09:08:30 AM
Trevor emerged from the bathroom into the gym, slightly fuzzy feet protruding from his jeans and a damp towel slung across his bare shoulders. His tee was still too sweaty to put on again, and he was regretting not bringing a change of clothes. Still, he felt a lot fresher than before.

The gym was empty, so he headed for the door, ruffling his hair dry with the towel. Moving out into the hallway, he had no idea who was still in.

"Elloooow!?" he called out, looking around. "Brigid?"

Brigid Cassidy
Nov 10th, 2007, 09:23:58 AM
:: Brigid was on the phone, hair still wet from her own shower. She was wearing jeans and a Kingston Mines t-shirt. She raised a hand as she looked at Trevor, finishing the conversation in fluent Japanese before hanging up the phone ::

Trevor Smokey
Nov 10th, 2007, 09:29:17 AM
Trevor was almost impressed, before remembering her age. He'd never been much good at learning other languages. They made him study French in his early teens at school, but he never got far with it.

"Booking a holiday?" he asked, eyebrow raised.

Brigid Cassidy
Nov 10th, 2007, 09:32:57 AM
"No, just talking to a friend."

Trevor Smokey
Nov 10th, 2007, 09:35:54 AM
"Fair enough" he shrugged. "Have you heard from Fiona by any chance?"

Brigid Cassidy
Nov 10th, 2007, 09:42:00 AM
:: Brigid shook her head ::

"She won't be back until tonight. What do you need?"

Trevor Smokey
Nov 10th, 2007, 09:47:48 AM
"Nothing important" Trevor said, waving his hand dismissively. "I'm just curious to see what my name 'official' name is gonna be" he chuckled lightly. "I've been thinking. You know vampires and all that jazz? Well, have those stories come about because of you guys? I mean, never ageing, never dying, that sort of thing?"

Brigid Cassidy
Nov 10th, 2007, 09:59:44 AM
"If you weren't so dead wrong, that would be pretty funny. Truth is, the Vamps have lived in this city since it was founded."

Trevor Smokey
Nov 10th, 2007, 10:06:03 AM
Trevor stopped stone dead, staring at Brigid as if he's just been slapped round the face.

"Ha, haha, you nearly got me there!" he laughed, wagging his finger at her. "You were joking, right?"

Brigid Cassidy
Nov 10th, 2007, 10:08:04 AM
:: She looked Trevor straight in the eye, deadly serious ::

"Does it look like I'm joking?"

Trevor Smokey
Nov 10th, 2007, 10:11:24 AM
"Oh for the love of..." Trevor grunted into his hands desperately. "You have got to be kidding me!"

Lowering his hands, he sighed heavily.

"Well, I wasn't expecting that. They wanna kill me too?"

Brigid Cassidy
Nov 10th, 2007, 10:25:15 AM
"That depends on the circumstances. They've been pretty skittish since the war, the Compact not withstanding."

Trevor Smokey
Nov 10th, 2007, 10:27:51 AM
"The Compact?" he asked. "I guess I better add Vampires to my list of supernatural hazards."

Brigid Cassidy
Nov 10th, 2007, 10:45:38 AM
"It's a non-aggression treaty between the Vamps & the Garou. Don't worry about them though, that's Fiona's job."

Trevor Smokey
Nov 10th, 2007, 10:54:03 AM
"The Garou? What the hell's a Garou?" he asked, becoming more confused by the minute.

Brigid Cassidy
Nov 10th, 2007, 10:57:21 AM
"Loup Garou." she replied as she combed the tangles out of her hair. "Werewolves."

Trevor Smokey
Nov 10th, 2007, 11:02:16 AM
Once again, Trevor was taken completely off guard.

"You're enjoying this aren't you? I'll bet this is the only reason you havn't killed me yet" he said, rolling his eyes. It was a lot to digest. Immortals, vampires, and now werewolves. Where did it end?

"Anything else I should know about?"

Brigid Cassidy
Nov 10th, 2007, 11:11:50 AM
"Yeah." she pointed over his shoulder. "The laundry room is that way, Smokey."

Trevor Smokey
Nov 10th, 2007, 11:18:55 AM
"Very funny" Trevor grumbled, heading back to the shower room, collecting his things and plodding back into the hall. After making his way into the laundry room, he threw his stuff into the machine, wrapped the towel around his waist and sat on a stool across the room, a headache throbbing in his head. He was certainly getting a lot more than he bargained for.

He picked up the falcata, drawing it from the sheath and examining it. He'd be relying on this for a long time, it seemed.

Putting the blade away, he went to door, opening it and peering out at Brigid.

"I don't think you remember quite what it was like when you found out about all this. You're not being very fair" he argued with the demeanor of a child, leaning on the doorframe.

Brigid Cassidy
Nov 12th, 2007, 10:19:46 AM
:: She raised a brow ::

"Is that what you think? I was guest of honor at a Viking gang bang. My whole world got turned upside down. It's not about what's fair, it's about keeping your head."

Trevor Smokey
Nov 12th, 2007, 10:36:18 AM
Trevor was about to reply, before realising he had nothing to retort with. He simply frowned.

"I didn't mean to snap..." he sighed. "It's just quite hard to take, all this" he said, throwing his arms out and heading back into the room, leaving the door open. "It's only just sinking in. Everything's going so fast" his voice echoed out as he disappeared from view.

Brigid Cassidy
Nov 12th, 2007, 10:50:49 AM
:: She followed him, and leaned in the doorway ::

"We live in a world of darkness, but there are good days. Don't lose sight of that."

:: She offered a bottle of Guinness ::

Trevor Smokey
Nov 12th, 2007, 11:04:34 AM
Trevor took the bottle, and lifted it slightly.

"Thanks."

He lifted it to his lips, taking a long gulp of the Irish brew.

"I'll be fine. I mean, hey, I just found out I'm gonna live forever. People'd give anything for they, eh?" he said, forcing a grin on his face.

Brigid Cassidy
Nov 12th, 2007, 11:18:00 AM
"I'm gonna catch a nap. Wake me when you're dressed."

:: she turned then, and curled up on the couch ::

Trevor Smokey
Nov 12th, 2007, 11:32:48 AM
Trevor sat in the laundry room for a few hours, not moving from his seat logn after his clothes were washed and dried. The empty beer bottle stood between his feet as he sat in silent thought, head resting against his palms, taking in everything that had happened over the past 2 days.

Eventually, he pulled himself up, dressing and tossing the towel into the machine. Binning the bottle, he moved out through the hall and into the living room, where Brigid was sleeping.

"Hey hey, sleepy head. How long do ya want?" he said, leaning over the back of the sofa and looking down at her.

Brigid Cassidy
Nov 12th, 2007, 11:41:02 AM
:: Brigid opened her eyes and stretched, sitting up ::

"Let's go for a walk."

Trevor Smokey
Nov 12th, 2007, 11:47:04 AM
Trevor shrugged, quickly making his way into the study, grabbing his coat and meeting Brigid at the elevator.

"Going far?" he asked, pulling his thick coat on and stuffing the Falcata inside. He guessed he'd have to get used to carrying it around.

Brigid Cassidy
Nov 12th, 2007, 11:57:15 AM
:: Slipping on her black suede jacket, she carried her Hanzo sword in hand. When they reached the garage level, it had mysteriously disappeared ::

"Not until I get a new bike." she muttered.

Trevor Smokey
Nov 12th, 2007, 12:03:27 PM
Trevor chuckled deeply.

"You wanna hear something funny?" he asked. "I can't drive." It was somewhat off the subject, but he felt the need to share it for some reason. "I cycle everywhere" he grinned.

Brigid Cassidy
Nov 12th, 2007, 12:38:51 PM
:: She looked at the young Immortal, and shook her head as she laughed before stepping outside ::

"You hungry?"

Trevor Smokey
Nov 12th, 2007, 01:14:01 PM
"Definately" Trevor replied as he plucked a cigarette from his coat pocket, lighting up and inhaling heavily. He'd been dying for one for hours. "I'd recommend a place, but, you know, might get recognised and all that" he continued, taking the cigarette from his mouth and blowing out a grey cloud. "So suprise me. Take me somewhere new" he grinned.

Brigid Cassidy
Nov 12th, 2007, 01:34:45 PM
:: Brigid was just about to answer when she saw a familiar body walking towards them ::

"Nara!!!" :D

:: Her cheeks glowed at the sight of the stranger ::

Nara McKenna
Nov 12th, 2007, 01:36:44 PM
Nara half smirked, still not entirely used to Brigid's affections. Don't get the Garou wrong, she loved every minute of it. "Hey."

Her eyes were drawn to the stranger and a nostril waffed the air to take in his scent. "Who's this?"

Trevor Smokey
Nov 12th, 2007, 02:00:52 PM
Trevor took another deep inhale, his cheeks turning concave as his eyes wandered over the stranger. Blowing the smoke out one side of his lips (he knew some poeple detested having it anywhere near their faces), he extended a friendly right hand.

"This...would be Trevor. Or Smokey..." he said with a sideways glance at Brigid. "...depending on how ya feel."

Brigid Cassidy
Nov 12th, 2007, 02:16:12 PM
:: Brigid nodded, fighting back the urge to steal a kiss until introductions were made ::

Nara McKenna
Nov 12th, 2007, 02:23:22 PM
Even with Trevor being so kind to blow the smoke away, Nara had to stifle a cough. She hated the smell of cigarettes and being this close to someone that lit up annoyed her sensitive nose to no end.

Her eyes went from Brigid's, who offered a small nod that the guy was ok, and back to Trevor's. She did not shake his hand. "Nara. So ..." brown eyes shifted again to the familiar. "... what's up?"

Trevor Smokey
Nov 12th, 2007, 02:46:35 PM
Trevor retracted his hand and stuffed it in his pocket, returning the cigarette in his left hand to his mouth and leaving it there. He stayed quiet for now, letting the two converse without interuption.

Brigid Cassidy
Nov 12th, 2007, 02:52:54 PM
:: She paused for a kiss first, unashamed about expressing her affection in public ::

"We're gonna get food."

:: She caught the Garou's hand, indicating she was invited. There was no escape as Brigid's eyes twinkled ::

Nara McKenna
Nov 12th, 2007, 03:08:06 PM
Nara's cheeks reddened by the display but made no attempt to pull away. This relationship was a learning experience for the both of them. It was just a tad uncomfortable in front of the new guy (Whom she still had no clue who he was) "Okay. Where're we heading?"

Brigid Cassidy
Nov 12th, 2007, 03:23:47 PM
"How does Ben's Noodle House sound?"

Trevor Smokey
Nov 19th, 2007, 09:01:25 AM
"Aw noodleys!" Trevor couldn't help from butting in. "I'm up for that!"

He grinned like a child, licking his lips.

Nara McKenna
Nov 19th, 2007, 04:12:38 PM
Nara raised a brow at Trevor's noodleys and looked at Brigid as if to say 'Where did you find this moron?'

Brigid Cassidy
Nov 19th, 2007, 04:37:01 PM
:: Brigid looked equally perplexed by Trevor's vocabulary ::

"Okay ......... give us a sec, Trev."

:: She stepped aside with Nara for a private word, a look of chagrin etched on her face as she explained ::

"The guy woke up in the morgue the other night. He's Immortal."

:: She glanced at him again and smiled as he smiled, then looked at Nara again ::

"Don't ask. Maybe he suffered brain damage." she joked. "He's ok though, despite being a bit of a dork."

Nara McKenna
Nov 21st, 2007, 01:07:02 PM
'Oh. He's like you then." Nara understood Brigid's position better about being an Immortal. Trevor needs to learn the ropes. Much like a young pup of a werewolf has to learn The Litany after their first change.

The Garou turned and sniffed the air with a sour face. "That cig needs to go."

Trevor Smokey
Nov 28th, 2007, 12:39:07 PM
Trevor, mid-drag, lifted an eyebrow, eyeing the woman. Drawing the cigarette from his lips, he blew the smoke out quickly.

"You're kidding right love? I ain't had one of these since this morning" he replied, his tone notably less up-beat than it had been a moment ago.

The expression on their faces said it all, and Trevor threw his cigarette to the ground with a grunt.

"These noodles better be good."

Brigid Cassidy
Nov 28th, 2007, 01:09:22 PM
:: Brigid held Nara's hand as they walked. It was only a few blocks away ::

Nara McKenna
Nov 29th, 2007, 05:59:31 PM
It was still unnatural to be so lovey dovey in public, but Nara squeezed Brigid's hand as she was led.

Trevor Smokey
Dec 4th, 2007, 01:35:37 PM
Trevor could only really assume the two were a couple. It was almost a pity. For someone so old, Brigid was pretty cute. He followed the two quietly, half sulking over the loss of his cigarette. Before long, they'd arrived at the place, and he stepped ahead to opne the doors.

"After you, ladies."

Brigid Cassidy
Dec 4th, 2007, 01:59:36 PM
:: Brigid smiled as she walked in, the cooking smells stirring her hunger even more. She went straight to the table at the back ::

Nara McKenna
Dec 5th, 2007, 12:51:41 PM
Nara sat down quietly next to Brigid and studied the new guy discreetly while checking out the menu. Her stomach growled and the Garou hoped the waitress would show up soon.

Trevor Smokey
Dec 6th, 2007, 12:13:30 PM
Trevor scanned the menu briefly as he slipped off his coat and lay it to one side, being careful not to let the sword poke into sight. He wasn't really feeling decisive, and was in the mood for anything. Placing the menu down, he was first to speak when the waitress arrived.

"I'll have tonight's special please, love."

The girl nodded, before turning to the others for their order.

Brigid Cassidy
Dec 6th, 2007, 12:42:02 PM
:: Brigid picked the ginger chicken and pineapple fried rice, then peeked over at Nara. She was curious to see what her girlfriend would choose ::

Nara McKenna
Dec 7th, 2007, 08:16:26 AM
She frowned slightly. Nara had wanted the ginger chicken, so now scanned the menu for something else. "Um ... Spicy Basil noodles and Ben's Fried Rice." She closed the menu and handed it to the girl. "With meat. Water's fine."

Trevor Smokey
Dec 7th, 2007, 08:45:36 AM
The girl took the menus and retreated to the kitchen, leaving the three alone. There was no buzz from Nara, so she sure wasn't an immortal. He wondered if she knew about Brigid. Best not raise the subject.

"So, err, you guys been togather long?" he asked, unable to think of anything else to say.

Brigid Cassidy
Dec 7th, 2007, 09:01:07 AM
:: Brigid noticed the look in Nara's eye at that question, and she steered the subject cleverly ::

"Nara's got a band. They've been playing gigs here for a few months now."

Nara McKenna
Dec 7th, 2007, 09:05:18 AM
Nara simply nodded that Brigid was correct. With strangers, she wasn't one for small talk.

Trevor Smokey
Dec 7th, 2007, 09:11:47 AM
"Awh, that's cool. You know, I wish I could play an instrument. I just, I havn't really got the patience. I suppose I've got lots of free time now..."

Trevor cut himself short, pausing for thought befire continuing.

"I, err, got fired a few days ago" he explained to Nara. "And I'm finding it quite hard to find a new job. Ah well."

10 points to Mr Smokey for quick thinking...idiot.

Brigid Cassidy
Dec 12th, 2007, 01:57:32 PM
"Relax, Trevor. She knows."

Nara McKenna
Dec 12th, 2007, 02:13:12 PM
"More then you think I know, too," she said with a devious smirk. Nara said she'd behave, but she could still have fun with the new guy.

Trevor Smokey
Dec 12th, 2007, 02:50:01 PM
Trevor eyed the two suspiciously.

"You know? That makes things easier I guess..."

He thought for a moment.

"But you're a garden variety human right? I mean..." he looked to Brigid. "Should she really know about this stuff?"

Brigid Cassidy
Dec 13th, 2007, 05:04:21 PM
:: A crooked grin played on Brigid's lips ::

"She's Garou."

:: This time, she was guilty on all counts. She really was enjoying Trevor's reactions ::

Nara McKenna
Dec 13th, 2007, 07:15:45 PM
"Does he even know what that means?" She asked Brigid.

Trevor Smokey
Dec 14th, 2007, 01:18:32 PM
"You're a bloody werewolf!?" he spat, being careful to keep his voice down. "Well, err, that was unexpected. Any more suprises you got for me?"