PDA

View Full Version : Downtime Downtown

Crowley
Nov 8th, 2007, 08:40:31 PM
The bar was not Crowley's scene. In fact, there were few places that could claim to be such. Most of them were lost in the misty depths of the 1980's, in a haze of clove-cigarette smoke and dry ice. Though the thought elicited a whimsical sigh, the moment of nostalgia was cut short as a familiar voice broke the silence. Retrieving a five-dollar bill from his wallet, Crowley perused the drinks on offer, while the bartender himself eyed something equally appetizing - a young woman, framed by a soft spotlight, singing out into the club.

“Oh, she seems wonderful now,” Crowley murmured, as he unfolded the crisp bill, smoothing it on the bar top with ringed fingers. “All curves and kisses... but you won't be swooning over her when she's coughing up hairballs onto your freshly laundered linen.”

The bartender frowned and for a moment looked at his customer perplexed, having only half heard what the man in dark glasses had said.

“Black coffee,” Kristopher Crowley said. “Four sugars.”

Keeva
Nov 9th, 2007, 08:10:52 AM
:: Keeva held the audience in thrall as she sang to them ::

<i>"Night falls
I fall
And where were you?
And where were you?

Warm skin
Wolf grin
And where were you?

I fell into the moon
And it covered you in blue
I fell into the moon
Can I make it right?
Can I spend the night?

High tide
Inside
The air is dew
And where were you?

While I
I died
And where were you?

I crawled out of the world
And you said I shouldn't stay
I crawled out of the world
Can I make it right?
Can I spend the night
Alone?"</i>

:: The song ended and she meandered over to sit by her favorite traveling companion ::

Crowley
Nov 9th, 2007, 09:00:55 AM
Crowley took a sip of his coffee, arching an eyebrow as he set the cup down onto a bar mat.

“Interesting little ditty,” he said, smiling politely. “One of your own?”

Keeva
Nov 9th, 2007, 09:20:55 AM
"I heard it on the radio and I liked it."

:: She picked a sugercube out of the jar ::

"So where were you?"

Crowley
Nov 9th, 2007, 09:25:10 AM
Crowley was bemused.

“Where was I... when, exactly?” he asked, as he procured a sugar-cube of his own and carefully added it to the still-steaming mug of coffee.

Keeva
Nov 9th, 2007, 09:44:34 AM
"This morning. You were gone all day."

Crowley
Nov 9th, 2007, 09:53:11 AM
“Fiona had me flapping around the city at the crack of dawn,” he sighed, smoothing down his wind-tousled hair.

“At the risk of sounding cliche... there's no rest for the wicked.”

Keeva
Nov 9th, 2007, 10:39:55 AM
"I'll bet. :mneh So when am I meeting this mystery woman of yours?" she teased, fishing another sugar cube out of the jar.

Crowley
Nov 9th, 2007, 04:59:13 PM
Crowley parted his hands, palms upturned, and smiled.

“Who can say? Her hands are... tied at the moment, busy with some newly discovered friends of her own. Speaking of friends, have you heard from Penelope or Nara recently?”

Keeva
Nov 10th, 2007, 08:43:44 AM
"Not since the imbroglio you got us into with Smiley."

:: as she reached for another sugarcube, the girl behind the counter pulled the jar away. "Do you mind?" she asked ::

"Very much so." replied the werecat, and she nimbly plucked another cube from the jar.

Crowley
Nov 19th, 2007, 10:59:03 AM
“Smiley,” Crowley repeated, with an almost whimsical smile of his own. He now considered the Rokea, tentatively, an ally – albeit a loosely affiliated one. Whilst he was not as versatile as Fiona or Keeva, he had perfected his existing talents and were they ever in need of someone to act as a battering ram, Smiley would be the first one Crowley called.

“I see. Everything's a little too... quiet at the moment. No one is saying anything... about anything!”

At this, Crowley frowned. To be out of the loop was agonizing for one of his species, and he could not help but feel that key details were being hidden from view.

Keeva
Nov 27th, 2007, 01:04:42 PM
"Well maybe we should pay the lady a visit. Or do a bit of investigation on our own."

Crowley
Nov 30th, 2007, 11:13:57 AM
Crowley smiled a little twinkly-eyed smile, as an old maxim about cats and curiosity sprung to mind.

“Indeed – but where to start?”

Keeva
Dec 4th, 2007, 12:41:17 PM
:: Keeva rolled her eyes ::

"How did I wind up being the sidekick in this partnership anyway?"

:: Sliding off the barstool, she tugged him by the arm ::

"Come on, birdbrain."