PDA

View Full Version : In the City of God. (Theo)

Father Barton
Nov 8th, 2007, 04:55:00 PM
It was early morning in Vatican City the sun wasn't even fully up and already I was dreading being here. I mean my plans in London had been pretty much shot to hell by a demon named Fitch. It was all right though I guess I mean I knew I could find my target Fiona again in the City of wind. I ended up with a kid with some potential though while in London some it didn’t turn out so bad.

So here Theo and me stood outside this crypt in an over crowded graveyard in the Holy city. In the distance you could here the noise of Rome as the city was waking to a new day. I looked at the crypt noting it was the right one because of the ward on the door. The ward was to keep out demons and crypt crawling Vampires. I reached up and knocked on the Vault doors.

"This is the Society of Leopold Theo. They are a group of hunters that believe God is on there side. Really their just creepy fanatics that think they rule over all other hunters. When we enter you will be taken before their council and Judged. Don't worry it is just a test to see what type of hunter you will be. Oh yeah and what ever you do don’t.....”

The eye slit on the door slides open just then.

Jacob:" John what are you doing here and who is the Brat?"

"I'm here to bring this kid before the council to become a hunter?"

Jacob: "Ha last time your partner screwed you over in Alexandria I heard?"

"That doesn't matter he is dead. This one is Different."

Jacob: "You know you could just join us? Oh yeah and I need the password."

"I could but you would throw me to the lions just as hard. We are Gods soldiers on road of Armageddon and we will free this world from the darkness of the Devil."

I watched as the slit slammed shut and the door began to creep open. Looking inside you could see torchlight and stairs down to the main hall.

"You ready Theo?"

Theo Johnson
Nov 8th, 2007, 05:08:02 PM
Theo nodded, taking a deep gulp as they entered the stairwell. His nerves gripped him almost as bad as they had when he first saw Fitch.

"What are they going to do to me John?" he asked, looking across at the holy man with slightly scared eyes. He truly felt like a fish out of water.

Father Barton
Nov 8th, 2007, 05:24:06 PM
"Well first they are going to ask you a bunch of pointless questions. Which they call a test."

I hated the way the Leopold operated but they where about the only one's in this god forsaken world that where willing to imbue new hunters. There are a few mages but I didn't have the time to search for one of them. Those dang Mages sure did like to hide especially from me. It couldn't be because I put a gun to a few of their brainpans could it?

"I more then likely won't be allowed in the questioning room which they like to call their council chambers. After the questioning is done they determine if you should be a hunter and what magical rite they should give you based on how you answered there redundant questions."

I began to walk down the stairwell motioning Theo to follow him.

"As I was saying before try not do many Blasphemous acts in there presences like using God's name in vain. Because they go crazy over small stuff like that and they have a habit of stoning things to death for crimes against God. Anyway after they determine what you are to be they take you into a ritual room and preform the rite after that you are a true hunter. Just like me what ever you do don't accept to be a member of there order or else I might just have to kill you."

Theo Johnson
Nov 8th, 2007, 05:34:16 PM
Theo nodded again in understanding. It really wasn't as bas as he had thought. The pair moved down the stairs, coming to what seemed to be some kind of waiting room at the bottom. Jacob waited there, staring at John and Theo as they stepped down onto the floor, shadows flickering across his face from the candlelight.

"I guess this is it then. Wish me luck" he said, looking to John again.

Father Barton
Nov 8th, 2007, 05:51:04 PM
"I don't believe in luck kid. I have faith in you."

I watched, as Jacob looked Theo up and down. In the candle lit room there where five doors one straight ahead and two off to each side. I knew the middle one lead to the council room and that one door on each side lead to the sleeping quarters. The other two well those where special rooms.

Jacob: "He is kind of scrawny John do you really think he is ready."

Jacob himself was a big well-built man as where most in the society.

"Brains are more important then Muscle Jacob."

Jacob: "He is just going to get himself killed on the hunt John. At least your last one was bigger. Even though he did make a deal with the devil at least we got a little satisfaction for awhile when we knew you where in prison."

"Shut up Jacob just take the kid before those blasted council members that believe they are holy monks or what ever they believe they are these days."

Jacob: "Alright if you think it's best but I am telling you the beast are going to rip him apart in the real world. What is the puny one's name?"

"Theo and he will make a better hunter then you I assure you."

Jacob: "What ever my kill count is up to eighty two now. He won't even make it past one follow me Theo?"

"Well his kill count is at one and it was a demon not a ghoul like you prefer to kill. Follow him Theo, I'm going to see Gulgameshian."

Jacob: "You can't do that John."

"Watch me I need information."

I turned my back to Theo and Jacob giving Jacob the finger as I walked towards one of the other two doors that did not lead to the sleeping quarters.

Jacob: "I dislike that man Theo how could you ever follow a man like that. Follow me time for you to met your fate."

Theo Johnson
Nov 8th, 2007, 05:56:36 PM
Theo tried to remain calm, breathing deeply.

"He saved my life" he replied bluntly, before following Jacob into the chamber head. It was almost pitch black in the room, and Theo couldn't see anything within a few feet of him. Jacob disappeared somewhere and the doors shut. For a few moments, Theo stood alone, in silence, waiting.

Father Barton
Nov 8th, 2007, 09:18:00 PM
A candle lit up just above Theo's head bathing him in and just him in a bright light. Then about fifty smaller candles lit up behind him in dim red lights on each side of the door he had entered from. Still it was very hard to see in this room despite the new light. The red lights seemed to shimmer as if they where very far away but in actuality Theo really hadn't walked that far into the room.

Then of at the other end of the twelve torches with thirteen shadowy figures entered almost as if they where hundred yards away. The twelve torches where set in torch holders only about three feet apart from each other. Theo could just see the outline of a Judges table and the out lines of twelve figures sitting down. There was a larger spread between the two middle candles of about six feet. Just barely you could make out that there was a thirteenth figure in the middle. The figure to the Far left began to speak.

"Welcome to the Society of Leopold. Please for the record state your name, Date of Birth, and region of origin."

Theo Johnson
Nov 10th, 2007, 05:23:24 AM
Theo shuffled uneasily in the dim light, gazing at the ground.

"Theodore Johnson. Born on the 28th of November, 1988, in London, England" he replied, raising his voice to be sure they heard.

Father Barton
Nov 10th, 2007, 10:36:48 AM
I walked down a long flight of stairs that seemed to go on forever. I had done this before though Gulgameshian sure wouldn't be happy to see my face again. I finally reached the bottom of the stairs and I could here the sounds of all the tortured souls locked in their cages. I looked down the long hallway trying to remember which cell was his. The form of to the side a man probably a garou spoke to me from his cell.

Garou: "Hey dude you think you could maybe open this cage. Dam idiots up stares think I'm some kind of beast I'm just a lonely old bone gnawer."

"Nope sorry bub your crap out of luck."

I walked on down the corridor as the Garou yelled curse words at me and something about if the bars where not arcane locked with some kind of silver enchantment he would rip my head off. I doubted that and kept walking on to the cell at the end of the hallway.

---------------------------------

You could just make out the man on the far right writing what he heard down. The second man to the far left then spoke up his voice was deep and howl and seemed to boom.

"What was your first contact with the supernatural?"

Theo Johnson
Nov 10th, 2007, 10:44:24 AM
"It was with a demon. He, uh, he used to be a friend of mine. He attacked me, but, John saved me" Theo replied, looking towards the voice.

Father Barton
Nov 10th, 2007, 10:50:31 AM
The man on the right continued writing what ever it was he was writing. The second man again spoke in the same howl voice. Although this time him seemed a bit aggravated as another man slight leaned over and whispered in his ear.

"How did you feel when you where being attacked? What did Father Barton tell you after the attack?"

It seemed there was a bit of spite in his voice when he mentioned Barton but then again most of the panel didn't like the man. He was arrogant, self-righteous and a fanatic.

Theo Johnson
Nov 10th, 2007, 10:58:27 AM
"I felt, confused, at first" Theo continued, shuffling again. "Afterwards, John explained to me what had happened, and started introducing this whole new world to me. I'm still learning, but I get the idea. Then we went after Fitch - the demon, that is."

Father Barton
Nov 10th, 2007, 11:15:34 AM
I looked into the cell to see the withered and beaten wretch chained to the wall. I didn't dare enter though that would cause this beast immense pain and I was not here to torture him just yet. I will only resort to stepping the room if I thought he was lying to me.

"Wake up Gulgameshian the seer. I'm here for...." A dry raspy voice cut him off.

Gulgameshian: "I know why you are here John Doetry. Bring me food for strength and I will tell you what you seek."

"How about I walk in that room instead? You remember what happened last time?"

Gulgameshian: "John Doetry the poor orphan Hunter threatening me?"

"Just tell me what the hell she is you pitiful excuse for a Demon?"

Gulgameshian: "She is an antiques dealer."
-----------------
The man on the right was scribbling faster now evidentially he was the record keeper. The man on the far left spoke again finally as a few on panel whispered to one another.

"I have two questions for you one is to learn a little about you and the other is a to learn a little about what you know. First of do you believe in God and that Christ died for us on the cross? Second where you aware the man who taught you is a known murderer of innocents?"

Theo Johnson
Nov 10th, 2007, 11:23:18 AM
"I...I didn't used to. But now I believe, more than anything."

Theo winced a little at the second question.

"It depends what point of view you take, I guess. John wouldn't kill without reason. I may not have known him for all that long, but I do trust him."

Father Barton
Nov 10th, 2007, 11:34:14 AM
"It is good that you believe. Yet you have to much faith in that self proclaimed Holy man."

The second man from the far left got a dirty glare just barely visible from the man on the far left. He had spoken out of turn which was not generally allowed despite the fact that everyman at the panel all twelve of them hated John. The thirteenth was not man and he held no opinion of any one single human he only had an opinion about Humanity as a whole.

The thirteenth man the one in the very middle where there was no light then spoke. His voice was slow and mundane almost as if he did not have a personality to speak of.

"John is not why we are here. Leave your hate behind the people he murder where mortal but far from innocent. Theodore Johnson from London God does exist I can assure you of that. His future for humanity is still vague. What is your view on Humanity as a whole and the supernatural world that lays behind their veiled eyes?"

Theo Johnson
Nov 12th, 2007, 09:56:24 AM
"Humanity...?"

Theo looked around, as if searching for an answer.

"I, I don't really know. Mankind is, kinda messed up I guess. I mean, we kill each other, steal from each other" he said, scratching the back of his head. "It's not perfect. But we still survive."

He shuffled a little.

"As for the supernatural world... I don't know if I've experienced enough to voice much of an opinion on that. So far, I'd say it's dangerous and unforgiving. But I'm sure that's only one side of the story. I mean, they can't all be, evil, can they?"

Father Barton
Nov 12th, 2007, 10:31:17 AM
I open the door then and take the first step into the threshold. I watch Gulgameshian cower as far into the corner as he can being chained to the wall.

Gulgameshian: "Stay back you foul wretch."

"Then stop lying to me or you will feel the pain. All it will take is one more step."

I feint a step forward just here him scream and see pull on his chains trying to get an inch more out of them. It was great having God on my side Demons like Gulgameshian didn't stand a chance.

Gulgameshian: "I didn't lie you know that."

"But she is something more then that and you know I want to know what that something is?"

Gulgameshian: "She is like you John."

I step closer watching him twist and scream in pain from the holy Aura I projected. I let it last for about thirty seconds before I step back into the doorway.

"She is not a hunter. A hunter can not take as many bullets as I pumped into her die and then come back."

----------------------

The man that seemed to have no personality listened intently to what Theo said. As the man on the far right continued to scribble down what ever it was he was scribbling. The man in the middle spoke again.

"Humanity as a whole is flawed yes. It was a flaw we could never hope to fix fully but maybe we could lead it to the right path. The supernatural is full of its hidden agenda's some are good and some are not. The hard part and the part your teacher John cannot accomplish is in seeing that not all the supernaturals are evil. Somewhere put in place to help the whole of humanity John sees them all as one thing but that is because tragedy of the heart blinds his eyes.

Do you think you could or maybe you have already seen the good in the supernatural world or do you see as your teacher does? Also if you could would you choose to fix humanity, protect it, or try to find away to lead it on the right path so it could fix it's self?"

Theo Johnson
Nov 12th, 2007, 10:43:51 AM
"There was a woman, when we went to find Fitch. I don't think she'd like to admit it, but she helped us out. I'm not really sure why, but her and John seemed to know each other." Theo replied. "But she wasn't human. I, err, I shot her, by accident. But she was fine. So, you know, lead me to believe maybe they weren't all bad."

He pondered the second question for a while.

"I don't really know. I'm not sure if the whole world is ready to find out what's really going on. I'm still not sure. I'd help who I could, maybe try to spread the word of God, and protect those that needed it, I think."

Father Barton
Nov 12th, 2007, 10:51:27 AM
"Interesting."

The man in the middle said with out a single note in his voice that sounded like he was actually interested. Then spoke once more.

"Fiona is one of the good but John will never see that."

He went quite again and the man on the far left spoke up again.

"Theodore we need you tell us one last thing before we decide your fate. You will need to look deep inside yourself to find it but it is there. Tell use who you are on the inside? Tell us from your perspective how you see yourself and what you thin your future is."

Theo Johnson
Nov 12th, 2007, 11:19:07 AM
Theo was taken back for a moment as the figure said Fiona's name, but things swiftly moved on.

"Myself? Uhm, well, I've always been a bit of an outsider, to be honest. I've never really been good at anything. But I've always thought something like this existed in our world. Just a gut feeling I guess. Or did I...did I know about it, somehow? I..." he trailed off for a moment, before continuing. "I've never really seen myself as someone significant before. But in the future, I know that will change. I'll be somebody. I can't think of specifics, I don't know just what I'll be, but I'm not going back to how I lived before."

Father Barton
Nov 12th, 2007, 12:02:44 PM
Gulgameshian: "She is not a hunter but she hunts the same as you. Although she is a better Judge of character then yourself."

"Just tell me what she is enough of the run around already I'm sick of it."

I almost reached for my gun just then but stopped myself. Shooting Gulgameshian would help him more then it would me. That and I was pretty sure Raphael would kill me for unleashing his brother on the world again.

Gulgameshian: "She is something old, not as old as me or my dear brother. More closer to the creation of man. No one knows where they come from or there reason for being I believe only God knows the truth about them."

"What is she then?"

Gulgameshian: "Well an old Jeduit priest once saw one and he called the one he saw the sin eater. The man he saw wore priest clothing much as yourself and traveled around the world removing the sins or darkness from the hearts of men. The men the church refused to give final rights to due to them being to poor or for breaking laws of the church. Your precious Church is just as unclean as anything else you know."

"So she is a sin eater, that is just a myth to give bad people hope. Shall I step closer?"

Gulgameshian: "No stay back! I am not lying and they are not all sin eaters such as that one. They all have different abilities. They are immortals and they serve a purpose not sure exactly what that purpose is though. Some are good and some are bad."

"So an Immortal, she is like a vampire except she can walk in the day?"

Gulgameshian: "Nothing like a Vampire. Vampires are dead; she is living more like a mortal with a very long lifeline. Her kind are very strange to me they seem not have a specific agenda like everyone else."

"So she serve no purpose and must die?"

Gulgameshian: "I never she and her kind didn't have a purpose, I just don't know what that purpose is. As for weather she is meant to die, more then likely but not by your hand."

"How do I kill them?'

Gulgameshian: "I said you where not meant to kill her but if you must know. Removing their head will do the trick."

"Well I guess that is all I will see how my apprentice is doing."

Gulgameshian: "Oh he will make a great visionary to bad though?"

"To bad?"

Gulgameshian: "To bad you are going to die soon John. To bad he will never see your death coming."

"He will survive without me. I care little if I die all it means is my debt is paid."

Gulgameshian: "Hell for you isn't what you may think it might be John. Hell is a much worse place for you."

Gulgameshian laughed hysterically at me as he made his statement.

Gulgameshian: "My brother is waiting for you to join them in the imbuing room."

I walked out of the room slamming the cell shut behind me. It was a sad story indeed for Gulgameshian and his brother Raphael that I did not wish to dwell on. Raphael once an archangel stuck here on earth because his brother trapped him here. If the angel destroyed his brother he would be forced into hell with him. No other mortal who ever tried could send Gulgameshian back. It was later found out that he had tied himself to his brother Raphael and Raphael was the only one who could send him back. Yet if he sent him back he would dragged with Gulgameshian to the pit.

As I walked and thought about Raphael, I stopped at the first cell with the Garou in it. He jumped at me to his cell bars growling some curse. I just reached in my coat and pulled out one of .50's and switched the clip in it. Without paying much attention to the beast spiting at me I pointed my gun in his face and pulled the trigger.

"See you in hell soon Garou." I then walked up the stairs telling Jacob at the top that a mess needed to be cleaned up in cell one.

-----------

All the torches came on just as Theo finished answering his question. The room was well lit now and the enchantment on his eye's had been lifted allowing him to see things in the right perspective of vision. The Panel with thirteen, twelve of witch where men was only a few yards away instead of long distant it seemed it was before. The man in the middle was not a man at all. His eye's where black, his hair was long and blonde. He didn't seem to be wearing any clothing and his pure ebony wings could be seen. The middleman spoke then again.

"Do not be afraid, I am an angel Theodore Johnson of London. Follow us into the next room it is time for you to become one of the protectors of the line between natural and supernatural."

The men began to shuffle out through a door behind the panel. The men where wearing robes red in color. The angel was the last and he waited at the door for Theo.

Theo Johnson
Nov 12th, 2007, 12:10:09 PM
Theo couldn't help but gasp as the middle figure's form was revealed. His eyes hurt for a few moments as he grew used to the light, before he set off, following the others.

He'd done it. He'd made it this far, and surely it would be over soon. His nerves settled, and he took a deep breath as he moved into the next room, and waited.

Father Barton
Nov 12th, 2007, 12:26:35 PM
Jacob: "Hell why did you go killing him he was going to give up the location of the major fanum in Rome?"

"Does it really matter you guys always find what you are looking for?"

Jacob: "Dam you anyhow. Here is your rob, Raphael and the others are waiting in the ritual room."

"Don't forget to clean the cell. Cleanliness is close to Godliness or so they say."

I laughed as I grabbed the robe and walked into the council chamber. The Chamber was empty and it brought back memories of when I was imbued. Although when I was imbued something strange and unplanned had happened. I put on the robe and proceeded to the next chamber. I walked in looking around at the room that was barely lit. It was sparse all there was, was a stone alter in the very center really.

Raphael: "Was it really necessary to kill him, he was innocent John?"

"I have a heart Raphael. If I didn't kill him this society would have killed more innocents at the fanum. You know that?"

Raphael: "Perhaps."

"He would have been killed either way. I just ended before anymore innocents where hurt."

Raphael: "Lie all you want I know the truth why you did it and why you went to see my brother."

"Then if you know don't ask. They took the only thing I ever loved in this world and I wouldn't care one bit if every dang one of their kind and like died."

I then nodded to Theo after my whispers with Raphael. As of the twelve men then walked up to Theo.

Twelve: "Take off your clothing and lay on the alter my son."

"Don't worry Theo it is the final stage of the imbuing process."

Theo Johnson
Nov 12th, 2007, 12:38:16 PM
Theo was much more at ease with John there, and did so without question. The stone was cold against his skin, and he shivered as he settled on the alter. It felt strange, to be accepted, a feeling he hadn't felt since early childhood really. Now was his time to shine.

Father Barton
Nov 12th, 2007, 01:15:30 PM
I stepped forward for it was the right of the one who brought the hunter before the council to tell their story. Another robed figure stepped beside the Alter and pulled out six stones from inside his robe. The Stone's glooed a Blue hew. As the other Robed figure did this I began to speak recounting my experience on the Alter.

"As I laid there on the cold slab and closed my eyes the first two stones where placed upon them. They stood for the site of a true seer, one that could see both worlds for what they where."

As I finished the Robe figure put the stones unto Theo's eyes.

"As I laid there with the stone's over my eye's I stayed silent praying in my mind. Begging God for the power to defeat the evil in the world. Then they placed a third stone upon my chest. It was to give me the heart to fight and strength of God."

I watched the robed figure then put the stone that was actually warm upon Theo's chest. I had just told a bit of a lie but I had to do it according to law. I actually had prayed to God the strength to slay the beast that took the one thing that mattered to me from me. I made a deal that I would take her place hell so she could have my spot in heaven. I would sacrifice myself and surfer for the both of us so that she may live in his kingdom.

"As I laid there with the stone upon my chest I continued to pray. This time I prayed for strength. Then they placed a stone on each of my shoulders. These stones where to help me lift myself up when ever I was to fall. They where to make sure I could endure the pain I might have to survive in order to do Gods work."

I watched the robe figure the put the stones on his shoulders. I again had lied I did not pray for strength I prayed for sign that my offer had accepted.

"As I laid there with the stones on my shoulders. This time I prayed for the insight of God. Then they placed a on my forehead completing the holy trinity."

I watched as the last stone was placed on Theo’s forehead. This where things went different for me and I was struck by a bolt of lighting that forked into all the rocks. It was an odd occurrence that only happened to a special few it was said they where imbued with True faith.

"Then the rocks warm up slowly as the aura spreads across the body. The rocks and God imbuing you with there power. The color telling everyone what kind of hunter you are at heart."

The rocks slowly warmed up and their Aura spread across Theo causing a warming sensation. I saw the many colors, which meant only one thing. The Colors shifted like a changing and adapting mind to every shape. Then the rocks died out and just became rocks. I spoke the last words.

"Arise Hunter you now have your power to defeat evil and determine the good and evil in people. For you are one of the stronger amongst the flock you are the visionary. You can see the future and change it if you must. You can find anyone you know and see that they are well. You can ward yourself from the evil in the world. Arise visionary hunter Theo."

Theo Johnson
Nov 12th, 2007, 01:44:37 PM
Theo's eyes shot open as something stirred within him. Still laying down, the coldness of the stone against his skin dissipated, and something new came around. All at once, Theo's mind raced with visions, sounds and feelings. Hooded figures, and humans in the same position he was in right now. Rushing in his mind were the experiences that every hunter ever imbued with power here had gone through in this room. He couldn't control it. He even saw the face of a younger John, and a flash of lightning.

With a cry, Theo threw himself off the alter, panting heavily.

"I saw, so much. I couldn't control it...my head hurts" he sighed, placing a skinny palm against his forehead.

Father Barton
Nov 16th, 2007, 09:20:52 AM
I watch as everyone seems to usher themselves out of the room. It was probably because most of them hated me but oh well. The only one who doesn't seem to leave is Raphael. He more then likely wants stay and try to make me feel guilt. I toss Theo's clothing on the alter beside him as Raphael steps up to Theo.

Raphael: "Don't worry the headache is only temporary and you will have control over your new abilities."

"Get dressed Theo we need to get going."

Raphael: "Don't rush the boy John. I tell you what you Theodore Johnson of London I will make you an offer. You can stay here and be a member of the society and I will personally teach the true ways of being a visionary hunter. What do you say?"

I just stood there waiting it was Theo's choice and not my place to tell him how answer the question.

Theo Johnson
Nov 16th, 2007, 03:19:58 PM
Theo looked up after pulling his clothes on, quickly gasting a glance at John before resting his gaze on Raphael.

"That's very kind of you, but...I'd like to stay with John. I don't think this is the place for me."

He gave a short bow to Raphael.

"Thank you though, for what you've done."

He turned to John.

"I'm ready to go now."

Father Barton
Nov 21st, 2007, 11:22:32 AM
I watched Raphael nod and then take his leave of the room. Unlike most he would I knew Raphael would not push the issue. I mean I didn't trust the angel but at least he was more respectable then the rest of the society. I watched him leave before I turned back to Theo.

"Alright it's getting late and we have a plane to catch Theo. We have a lot to do and it won't be easy work. We are going to make a stop in Florida and then we are of to Chicago."

Theo Johnson
Dec 4th, 2007, 01:40:09 PM
Theo had many questions, but he'd wait until the flight. He was sure they'd have time then.

"Sounds good. What're we going there for?"

Father Barton
Dec 7th, 2007, 08:10:56 AM
As me and Theo Began to walk out of the Societies vault I started to explain the plan to him.

"We are going to Miami, Florida to get information from a hunter named Chris. We may have to do a favor for him though, which will in tail hunting so monster he chooses. I just hope to hell he doesn't suggest killing the Ventrue prince in that city again. I talked him out of it last I don't if I will be able to this time."

I liked killing vampires but there where just some endeavors that led to immanent death. Killing a prince was one of those, unless of course you where lucky enough to get him in a back ally all alone. I didn't have that kind of luck.

"It will help hone your skills and help you get control of them in any case. Then it is off to Chicago to get back on my previous hunt for Fiona since I now know what she is."

Theo Johnson
Dec 7th, 2007, 08:19:08 AM
"Fiona? You mean that woman back in London?"

Theo's mind went over the events back home briefly.

"What is she?"

Father Barton
Dec 7th, 2007, 09:29:03 AM
"Yes that thing from London who uses the mortal name Fiona. I doubt that is its real name though."

How do I explain to him what that thing called Fiona was? It was evil a Demon that defied god maybe. Maybe it was closer a kin to the bloodsuckers cursed by god. Then again it could be from a hell pit that has always been here like the Garou. Maybe it was a tainted soul by black magic, that’s if it even had a soul. All these thoughts ran through my head.

"It is dead if I have anything to say about it. It has lived far to long for it's own good. But if you want a name for it, it is a sin eater."

I continued walking as we left the Vault. We where headed for the rental car.

Theo Johnson
Dec 7th, 2007, 09:34:16 AM
Theo slid into the passenger seat, pulling his seat belt tight.

"She looked perfectly fine to me. A sin eater? Does she like, suck on souls or something?" he asked, raising an eyebrow.

Father Barton
Dec 7th, 2007, 01:17:50 PM
"Not exactly."

I start the car and begin to take off for the airport. I start thinking on how I can explain exactly what a sin eater is.

"Well sin eaters powers vary or so I'm told. I don't know exactly how to kill one this is the first one I ever hunted. That’s why we are going to Florida; Chris has hunted almost everything on the sun or at least investigated how to kill everything.

According to legend a sin eater, eats the darkness in a man soul. Taking their sins upon themselves. This power gives them the ability to live forever pretty much. They take away the sins of those that don't deserve to be forgiven according to the church."

Theo Johnson
Dec 7th, 2007, 02:08:14 PM
"Creepy" Theo said, settling back in his seat. "And what about me? A visionary? I saw stuff, like, the history, when I was on that pedestal. I didn't really have much control of it. Is that the power I've been imbued with?"

Father Barton
Dec 8th, 2007, 10:30:36 AM
"Creepy, not really I have heard of worse."

There where allot more scary things out there that I knew of. Fiona she was just a pest and extermination is the only way to get rid of pests. If you didn't exterminate them they tend to spread and become a problem. I was going to end that before Fiona Became a problem.

"Yes, you can see the Possible Future and what has happened in the past. Mostly in glimpses from what I understand. You can also locate objects or people with a supernatural aura that you have met or seen before. Then if else fails you have a defense that allows yourself to ward yourself against supernatural abilities."

Theo Johnson
Dec 10th, 2007, 06:49:17 AM
"That could be useful" Theo replied. "Might make finding her a bit easier, once I learn to control it."

He sat in thought for a moment.

"These visions. The kind of things we're going to do, and the places we visit. These visions are going to be quite...you know...horrible, sometimes, aren't they?"

Father Barton
Dec 10th, 2007, 10:51:52 AM
"Yes, but don't rely on them to much them to much. They are only possibilities, not actual truths and sometimes they will lie to you."

I was remembering the first visionary I ever met and how he relied too much on his visions. The man had seen himself as a very powerful and influential man in supernatural affairs. That man had taken so much stock in this vision it was probably what in got him killed. I personally believed he got what he deserved he after all was the man that almost got me executed for murder.

"Mind you Theo, I'm not a visionary so you could have a multitude of possible abilities I have never seen manifested before. I'm Judge as far as hunter types go and yet I have only ever manifest one ability, that of true faith."

I knew the reason why I did and I also knew it was not a normal ability of your average hunter. In fact I knew true faith was a rare ability.

Theo Johnson
Dec 10th, 2007, 10:59:33 AM
Theo nodded.

"I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Straight to Miami then, John?"

Father Barton
Dec 10th, 2007, 11:15:32 AM
"Yup."

The airport came up quick and a long silence ensued as we boarded the plane. Then it was off to Miami and I was prepared for a little bit of Killing in the sun.