PDA

View Full Version : The End of the World

Charley
Oct 27th, 2007, 11:09:57 AM
One of my absolute favorite game universes of all time is Fallout, and I've been hooked into post apocalyptic roleplaying for ten years. With other entertainment sources such as Mad Max films, the show Jericho, and even a hefty slice of the zombie survivalism craze, I have been thinking very seriously of doing a good post-apocalypse RP. I think this would be a fairly awesome and brutal sort of engagement, and a lot more accessible than my previous 2107 idea.

The premise:

We use the hypothetical SwFans convention as an excuse to gather all interested RP parties into the same location, only to pull the rug out from under them and nearly destroy the entire world that they know. We're talking complete war. Nuclear? Yes. Biological? Yes. Chemical? Yes. Enemies foreign and domestic? Absolutely!

What's different:

If you want to participate, the idea is to roleplay as yourself. Remember, it's a SwFans meet, so we are representing our respective selves in this horrific hypothetical.

Also, we are thus very acutely aware of our own capabilities and shortfalls. I myself am a crack shot, but I don't run very fast and don't have good endurance. Somebody might have an allergy that presents a problem. Somebody might know first aid.

What this begs us to do is to adapt, and to do things we may not want to do. Do we need to steal from a family home in order to have enough food to eat? Barring that, do we turn to cannibalism if we're just down on luck? Hardship may turn us as friends into enemies. I don't imagine us starting as villains, but some may end up being so. Of course, that's in addition to the other bandits, invaders, nuclear/biological zombies we might find.

Anyway, this is just a general interest thread, and I am trying to see what the soup tastes like, and if it needs anything added before serving :)

Khendon Sevon
Oct 27th, 2007, 11:14:05 AM
What's great is that most of my outdoor skills transfer well to any sort of emergency :)

Man, I'm going to have to think hard about shortcomings. I guess, I'm very compassionate. So, it'd be hard for me to abandon someone.

I also hate being alone. I like company. I like having someone to share my experiences with.

Hmm, this could require some thought.

I like it :)

Morgan Evanar
Oct 27th, 2007, 11:28:14 AM
Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I'll pass, thanks.

Charley
Oct 27th, 2007, 01:27:15 PM
If the "playing as yourself" angle isn't something you're keen on, we can set this up with created characters too. It's up to you how we proceed.

Xel-Naga
Oct 27th, 2007, 02:11:20 PM
I am so down with this.

Droo
Oct 28th, 2007, 05:09:11 AM
I roleplay to be someone other than myself. I be myself all day long so I think having created characters would be more fun. I think that may go for all people, too. No offense to you guys, but I'd rather roleplay with your characters, simply because I feel it allows us to detatch ourselves more and be more creative. After all, what's stopping you from creating a character based on yourself?

That said though, I probably won't be involved in this. To hell with accessibility: 2107 all the way! :thumbup

Peter McCoy
Oct 28th, 2007, 08:38:06 PM
http://www.freewebarcade.com/game/the-last-stand/

This is a fun flash game where you have to fend off zombies by night and search for weapons and survivors by night while repairing your barricade. Mindless zombie fun! Enjoy :)

Incidentally I might be up for this. I love survival horror. Somebody make the game in that link into a first person shooter and I'd die of happiness - but not before playing the damn thing of course :)

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 29th, 2007, 06:05:55 AM
I would probably useless in a situation like this... unless, maybe, you ran out of food and needed someone to eat!

Wyl Staedtler
Oct 30th, 2007, 01:25:48 AM
Ditto - except that I can neuter things. So there you go.

Khendon Sevon
Oct 30th, 2007, 09:33:36 AM
Hmm... sounds like some people need to spend more skill points in real life for apocalypse survival ;)

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 30th, 2007, 09:51:08 AM
I spent all of mine in, uh... cider, I guess :(