PDA

View Full Version : Why is the rum always gone?

Wyl Staedtler
Oct 6th, 2007, 11:20:29 PM
so it's girls night tonight at my house and we've had some prawns and wild rice and rum with some coke in im otit. What's weird is that my cheeks are now numb, especially when O smile.

what are you foing tonight?

Parsideon Denix
Oct 6th, 2007, 11:56:05 PM
We drank Irish carbombs and good bourbon last night, but I didn't get hammered.

Wyl Staedtler
Oct 6th, 2007, 11:58:47 PM
What's an Irish carbomb? Any IRA influence in that naem?

Also, slasa flavoured peanuts make a good snack with alcoholic beverages. Go peanuts! And chocoalte! (preferably the darker kind)

Parsideon Denix
Oct 7th, 2007, 12:09:10 AM
Yeah I can only assume its named for IRA attacks. Probably not the sort of thing you'd want to drink if you were running for political office unless it was in Boston.

It's a pint of Irish draught, with a shot glass half filled with Irish Creme and Irish Whiskey. You drop the entire thing into the glass, and chug it all.

Wyl Staedtler
Oct 7th, 2007, 12:14:02 AM
Ooh that sounds gross--like the Irish veriosn\ of an American boilermaker. Uck.

Doesn't it like cuirdle or something?

Parsideon Denix
Oct 7th, 2007, 12:27:56 AM
Not if you just go ahead and drink it. It's like a milkshake of some sort. It's not a bad taste at all.

Liridon Daeron
Oct 7th, 2007, 04:17:13 AM
I'm chilling with a pizza and trying to fix a race car misfire

JMK
Oct 9th, 2007, 07:55:37 PM
Not if you just go ahead and drink it. It's like a milkshake of some sort. It's not a bad taste at all.

It's like a Dr. Pepper, except the Irish carbomb is better. Dr. Pepper (for those who don't know) is just a regular draft beer with a shot of amaretto at the bottom. Chug-a-lug.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 10th, 2007, 01:20:24 AM
I did a Flaming Dr. Pepper once. IT WAS ON FIRE... well until I dropped the shot into the beer. :p

Zem-El Vymes
Oct 10th, 2007, 01:48:14 AM
Never done that, but I have blown 151 fireballs (think Lock Stock & Two Smoking Barrels) which is fun and dangerous on many levels.

Park Kraken
Oct 10th, 2007, 01:38:45 PM
Reading this thread has given me a cool idea. Tonight I shall invent a new alcoholic drink, then try it, then post the results in this thread (provided I am still alive and functional after I try it).

EDIT: Here is the first recipe that I will try:
1 Glass of random wine
1 Teaspoon Ranch sauce
1 Teaspoon A-1 Steak Sauce
1/4 Cup of Sugar
1 Tablespoon of Rum

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 10th, 2007, 09:15:20 PM
I did a carbomb with Guiness, Baileys and... I don't remember what else. Suffice to say, it was one of the most disgusting things I've ever tasted!

Tonight, I had some Kopparberg. Swedish cider ftw.

Zem-El Vymes
Oct 10th, 2007, 09:30:01 PM
Probably Jameson Whisky, or some other Irish Whisky.

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 10th, 2007, 09:36:42 PM
It was on Paddy's day, most likely, so you're probably right!

Zem-El Vymes
Oct 10th, 2007, 10:00:03 PM
I have no idea how you can think its disgusting, but some people I am at a loss for.

The best carbombs are made with Murphys & Bushmills instead of Guinness and Baileys, but you really should only use Jameson for your Whisky.

Cat X
Oct 10th, 2007, 11:41:38 PM
I have no idea how you can think its disgusting, but some people I am at a loss for.

Becuase some people - like me I've discovered not long ago - are highly attuned to bitter tastes and thence alcohol in general is disgusting. It's called Supertasting. You can lace it any way you want but I can taste the ethanol too easily and no amount of sugar over the top is going to make it anything less than a big effort to get it down.

So there you are, a medical reason why alcohol in general is awful to me!

Also means some items like brocolli and Brussel sprouts are impossible to stomach.

Parsideon Denix
Oct 11th, 2007, 12:02:21 AM
Well this would be understandable if she didn't drink, but she does :)

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 11th, 2007, 01:14:48 PM
I just can't stomach the more heavy, creamy drinks - and Guiness is about the heaviest drink I've tried.

It's called Supertasting.

I'd hate to be like this! Although I probably spend most of my time drinking rubbish, I can appreciate good quality drinks too. It's just as much fun sampling lots of types of drink as it is trying out new foods. :)

Liam Jinn
Oct 11th, 2007, 04:48:49 PM
I just can't stomach the more heavy, creamy drinks

Ditto. My buddies love Irish Carbombs, but I can't stand 'em. I don't like Guiness and I don't like Irish Creme, so chugging the damn thing sucks. I prefer to chug a Yager-bomb - Jagermeister and Redbull.

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 11th, 2007, 05:32:58 PM
Jagermeister - guaranteed to make me vomit :x

Karl Valten
Oct 11th, 2007, 06:14:08 PM
My roommate drinks that stuff like orange juice. I prefer vodka and monster with a touch of cran-apple juice.

Morgan Evanar
Oct 11th, 2007, 06:55:44 PM
I haven't had a carbomb yet, but since I really like both Guinness and especially Baileys I'd probably love it.

Parsideon Denix
Oct 11th, 2007, 07:29:40 PM
Jagermeister is gross in a Jagerbomb, but it's really good in a liquid cocaine. One of my favorite shots ever.

Wyl Staedtler
Oct 11th, 2007, 10:31:55 PM
Love Guiness, hate Baileys, so no carbombs in the near future.

I'm trying to down a Blue Moon right now. It's pretty terrible.

Parsideon Denix
Oct 11th, 2007, 11:51:21 PM
Good. Somebody else agrees that Blue Moon is a crappy beer.

Khendon Sevon
Oct 12th, 2007, 08:09:54 AM
Pint of yuengling and 5 strong jack & cokes. I had a good night. My climbing partner had the same plus another jack & coke and another yuengling... I don't know how the man does it, he's a champion.

Of course, all I'd eaten all day was a yogurt and an apple... so I got hit fast.

Una Rakesh
Oct 12th, 2007, 08:13:32 AM
I'm nursing a gin on the rocks right now. Hoorj for weekends!

Park Kraken
Oct 12th, 2007, 10:44:31 AM

Becuase some people - like me I've discovered not long ago - are highly attuned to bitter tastes and thence alcohol in general is disgusting. It's called Supertasting. You can lace it any way you want but I can taste the ethanol too easily and no amount of sugar over the top is going to make it anything less than a big effort to get it down.

So there you are, a medical reason why alcohol in general is awful to me!

Also means some items like brocolli and Brussel sprouts are impossible to stomach.

I wonder if this would explain why I also don't like most beers or wines (the only thing I can stomach are the really fruity drinks, like Strawberry Margaritas or Daquiris.)

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 12th, 2007, 10:49:52 AM
I'm nursing a gin on the rocks right now. Hoorj for weekends!

:(

Lucky. I have to work tonight and tomorrow night, so no sneaky gins for me.

Parsideon Denix
Oct 12th, 2007, 07:19:03 PM
Yuengling is an okay beer pretty much.

Jack Daniels isn't fit to drink. It should be used in cooking purposes only.

Kelly Perris
Oct 21st, 2007, 07:43:31 AM
No rum for me, thanks. I taste raisins when it enters my mouth and my stomach gives me a funny look for ingesting it.

I've partaken in many litres of rye and cokes over time. Rye simply causes me to misbehave. :lol I probably filled my lifetime quota for Fireball by drinking at least half a mickey in one evening. These days, I might be caught simply with a delicious martini or maybe a Pomtini, if I drink at all.

Nathanial K'cansce
Oct 22nd, 2007, 09:12:52 PM
Give me Capt Morgans and Coke and I'll be a happy snacky for the night.

I had a shot one night this summer... "surfers on acid" ... ooh that was a horrible idea.