PDA

View Full Version : By The Klaive (Dream Sequence)

Fiona
Oct 5th, 2007, 09:18:40 AM
:: It was night in the deep forest, and Nara could feel the earth below her. The warm light of a fire flickered nearby, and she could feel a presence as she woke. Fiona sat at the fire, pausing from her meal of roast rabbit to look at the young Garou. The Immortal was clad in leather and furs, a bronze torque about her neck, and her hair was long. At her side was a short sword. She spoke with an archaic accent ::

"Come sit beside me, Nara McKenna."

Nara McKenna
Oct 5th, 2007, 09:59:44 AM
Nara looked around, thoroughly confused as to what was going on. She was disorientated, unsure as to where she should be. The Garou felt as if she were home, but something was wrong that she couldn't quite place her finger on. The girl in front of her did not startle her ,nor her attire, though for some reason Nara felt as if she should have been wearing leathers too. Besides that, Fiona seemed perfectly normal.

She took a step forward towards Fiona and noticed a spear in her left hand and a klaive weighing down her side as well. Was she out hunting? And it was chilly outside. She tightened the saffron tunic and pulled the bratt closely around her.

"Why are ye 'ere?", she asked with at thick accent as she brush a small braid away that fell into her vision.

Fiona
Oct 5th, 2007, 10:07:43 AM
"Stag sent me here, to prepare you for what is to come."

Nara McKenna
Oct 5th, 2007, 10:12:02 AM
Her face fell into a thoughtful frown, which turned into realization quickly. "Oh!"

She nodded and set aside her spear. How could she forget what had happened earlier in the morning when the Elders met. She remembered feeling proud that she could stand with them during their discussions about the Spirals invading their lands. Mages had come to lend the Garou strength in battle as they had done a decade previous. They were powerful friends and their information was just as valuable as everyone present. It was the Elder Get cur that questioned their loyalty and honor. Nara had stood up to defend them. Young in rank, she had a slim chance of winning against Rudolph's son, but death did not scare her.

"Fer th' challenge against tha' bast£n o' ah Get?"

Fiona
Oct 5th, 2007, 10:22:06 AM
<i>"Aye."</i> she replied. <i>"That is the beginning of it."</i>

Nara McKenna
Oct 5th, 2007, 10:23:47 AM
"I dun understan'... Beginnin' o'wha'?" She asked cautiously. The tone of Fiona's voice was eerie and foreboding. "We know about th' Spirals already."

Fiona
Oct 5th, 2007, 10:29:43 AM
:: Fiona nodded ::

<i>"The Wyrm Howlers bring darkness with them, Daughter of Cormac. You have a destiny, and I'm to be your guide in this."</i>

Nara McKenna
Oct 5th, 2007, 10:31:59 AM
"Dis again!" she replied gruffly. "Ah'm nae special! Ah'm jus' ah servant o'Gaia!"

Fiona
Oct 5th, 2007, 10:39:59 AM
<i>"and as you've so sworn, she calls you to become more."</i>

Nara McKenna
Oct 5th, 2007, 10:43:39 AM
Her quick tongue was quelled. She could not say anything disparagingly about Gaia. Nara waited quietly for Fiona to continue with a dark expression on her face.

Fiona
Oct 8th, 2007, 04:51:23 PM
<i>"Hatred for your opponent is not going to beat him."</i>

Nara McKenna
Oct 8th, 2007, 05:08:38 PM
"Bu' it gives ah Fury 'er strength," she replied back, thumping the palm of her hand against her heart.

Fiona
Oct 8th, 2007, 05:25:56 PM
<i>"There's a fine line between passion and warfare. It's been the undoing of many young ones."</i>

:: She rose to her feet ::

Nara McKenna
Oct 8th, 2007, 05:29:54 PM
"Ahm no Ahroun," she retorted, somewhat insulted by that remark. "Ah dun rely solely on it, bu' tis ah big part o' how Ah was taught ta fight."

Fiona
Oct 8th, 2007, 05:39:48 PM
:: Fiona nodded, her expression stoic as she tossed her fur cloak aside and drew her short sword ::

Nara McKenna
Oct 8th, 2007, 05:44:23 PM
Nara looked at Fiona warily. Yes there was a touch of anger in her voice, but the Garou meant no disrespect. "Did Ah do sumtin' ta offend yeh?"

Fiona
Oct 8th, 2007, 05:58:24 PM
<i>Offend me? Nay, only if you waste the night."</i> she winked.

Nara McKenna
Oct 8th, 2007, 06:20:04 PM
"Um ..." Nara cocked her head to the side in confusion. "Ah nay understandin' whotcha mean."

Fiona
Oct 15th, 2007, 03:00:32 PM
<i>"Your opponent is ready, while you are not."</i>

:: Fiona raised her sword in salute, and waited for Nara to draw her Klaive ::

Nara McKenna
Oct 15th, 2007, 03:08:18 PM
"He may 'ave more experience an' Rank then me, bu' tha' nay mean Ah ain't ready!" Conviction carried her words and the young Fury believed them fully.

Fiona
Oct 15th, 2007, 03:11:17 PM
:: A gentle smile played on Fiona's lips. It wasn't mocking. It was one of admiration, and she bowed to Nara before assuming a defensive stance ::

Nara McKenna
Oct 15th, 2007, 05:13:46 PM
Nara rose to her feet and returned the bow honorably. She unsheathed the klaive and crouched into a defensive stance herself. The Garou was apprehensive because Fiona was unpredictable in her magicks. None of the elders could truly figure out what powers she possessed.

Fiona
Oct 15th, 2007, 05:24:14 PM
:: The time passed, and Fiona showed Nara several techniques from eastern and western lands, adapted slightly for Klaive dueling. One in particular was Passata Soto, a low defensive thrust for use against an overly aggressive opponent ::

<i>"It can be used to wound a leg, or pierce a lung."</i> she explained.

Nara McKenna
Oct 15th, 2007, 05:29:17 PM
"Nice," she grinned. Get always fought over aggressively. This was certainly the type of move that would work well in her favor. "Do ye t'ink he'd know o'such fighting styles?"

Fiona
Oct 15th, 2007, 05:41:23 PM
<i>"The Get are all hack and hammer. The only other thing they relish is rutting. "</i>

Nara McKenna
Oct 15th, 2007, 05:59:56 PM
"Hah!!" Nara laughed heartily at the truth to those words before her eyes fell upon the klaive. Her stomach felt queasy. Pre-battle nerves of course, but something deeper had started to settle inside her. She wondered just how important this battle truly was besides the usual Fury and Get rivalry. "Gregor will fall. Ah swear it ..."

Fiona
Oct 15th, 2007, 06:12:09 PM
<i>"Be mindful, do not strike at him in malice. Uncouth and pig-headed they may be, but they are still Garou."</i>

Nara McKenna
Oct 15th, 2007, 06:13:58 PM
Nara's eyes went wide with concern. "N-no!" She cowered back, "Ah dinnae mean ta kill 'im. Ah swear! Jus' ta pu' em in 'is place is all."

Fiona
Oct 15th, 2007, 06:25:45 PM
:: Fiona nodded ::

<i>"Be at peace then, and use what you've learned. The morning light appoaches."</i>

:: She seemed to become ghost-like as the sky grew lighter ::

Nara McKenna
Oct 29th, 2007, 03:12:21 PM
"Bu ... wait!" She reached out her hand to grab Fiona's arm and caught nothing but air ...

Suddenly Nara jolted awake, sitting upright and violently lashing out to her right, still trying to catch 'Fiona' before she went away...