PDA

View Full Version : Halo 3

Darth Phantom
Oct 4th, 2007, 02:28:45 PM
Has anyone played it yet?

Nathanial K'cansce
Oct 4th, 2007, 03:35:21 PM
Yea. It's actually pretty neat looking. The new mines and grenades and such are a nice treat... and that hammer.... awesome.

I've only played 2 player co-op though, so I don't have much time behind it.

Morgan Evanar
Oct 4th, 2007, 05:53:34 PM
Halo 3 is full of love and fun happiness that is beating someone's head in with the butt of your rifle.

Kyle Krogen
Oct 4th, 2007, 08:58:24 PM
I've played it quite extensively since it's release. I played the Beta, so I knew what to expect going in. So far I'm about to complete the final level on legendary and have played a handful of games on Live. So far it's been a very fun experience. My only complaint is the shortness of the campaign. And yet, they make up for that by making the Legendary setting so dang hard. Seriously. I can spend three hours playing one level because I die so many times against the Legendary enemies.

I have yet to try the 4-player co-op, which makes me a sad duck.

Gravity Hammer for the win!

Aurelias Kazaar
Oct 5th, 2007, 12:28:46 AM
I have dreams of 'The Flood'.

That's bad right?

Karl Valten
Oct 5th, 2007, 08:13:01 AM
I still need to get the game. Haven't even played it yet. :(

Ezra Na'chtion
Oct 5th, 2007, 02:02:10 PM
I have dreams of 'The Flood'.

That's bad right?

Methinks someone has been playing Floodgate a few too many times. I would suggest playing a few missions without the flood to get your mind off of them. Either that or grab the gravity hammer in your dreams(Nightmares) and bash them flood to gravity-induced death.

Just as a lil tip for ya'll. At the end of the game there is an extended cinematic scene that comes after the credits. So there is a reason for watching the credits through all the way, rather then skipping them with a simple button push as I've always done. Beat it on legendary and get even more cinematic. Hu-rah!

Now if I can just find all them skulls...

Aurelias Kazaar
Oct 7th, 2007, 12:55:50 AM
I beat the game on Heroic an hour ago.

I still can't believe I've never played the first one.

Karl Valten
Oct 8th, 2007, 09:36:40 AM
I want to test my mettle against you guys, who all is on xbox live?

P.S. Halo 3 is the best of the series for playing ninjanought. Find a grav hammer or a pair of maulers and hit the loners then get the hell outa dodge.

Darth Phantom
Oct 8th, 2007, 11:29:21 AM
Whats ninjanought?

Karl Valten
Oct 8th, 2007, 11:43:14 AM
woops, misspelled it (ninjanaut). Anywho, its like a juggernaut match, except the juggernaut has nearly double the speed is permanently cloaked, and is the only person with motion sensors. The only way to get points is to kill the ninjanaut or to get kills while you are the ninjanaut. When you kill the ninjanaught, you become the next ninjanaut.

Its a fun game with a lot of backstabbing and temporary alliances.

Kyle Krogen
Oct 9th, 2007, 03:23:07 PM
I played a match of Ninjanaut, and it was crazy as hell. I won in the end, but only just barely. Every time I went for a stealth kill from behind, the other person would turn just enough so that I didn't get an instant kill, and then they would blow me away. *tear tear*

Darth Phantom
Oct 9th, 2007, 05:13:03 PM
Gotcha. That sounds hella fun. Right now I'm still trying to find all the skulls, lol.

Karl Valten
Oct 9th, 2007, 06:08:49 PM
The last one is a pain in the neck if you're going solo, but the armor it unlocks is probably the coolest thing I've seen.

Darth Phantom
Oct 9th, 2007, 06:25:58 PM
Which is the last skull?

Karl Valten
Oct 9th, 2007, 06:49:23 PM
The "I would have been you're daddy" skull.

Darth Phantom
Oct 9th, 2007, 09:35:25 PM
Oh, oh. I hate that one. I had the skull in my hand and for some reason it didn't register, so now I gotta do it again. Lame.

Darth Phantom
Oct 10th, 2007, 02:03:23 PM
Grrr. That last skull is really getting to me. For the second time I had the thing in my hand, but it doesn't show up with the rest of the skulls in the menu.

Ezra Khaine
Oct 10th, 2007, 02:43:28 PM
Try carrying the IWHBYD Skull with you when you finish the level. So jump through the rings, get the skull, and have it in hand when you jump down the chute that ends the level.

Darth Phantom
Oct 10th, 2007, 04:38:42 PM
Yup, that did it. Now I got them all. Thanks.

Karl Valten
Oct 10th, 2007, 04:56:52 PM
Anyone else having trouble with the stupid meta-game achievements? I beat the first level on heroic and got the iron skull (a x5 score multiplier or something) and still didn't the 15,000 minimum mark.

You have to finish the level while holding the skull, right?

Ezra Khaine
Oct 10th, 2007, 06:16:04 PM
The score achievements are easy as pie to get. Here is how to do it.

Go to campaign, set difficulty to normal, go to campaign options (by pressing X) and turn on team scoring and activate as many skulls as you can get away with and still beat the a level without dying too much.

Now start the campaign and play as you normally would. Stick with ranged weapons (Battle rifle) to minimize your amount of deaths as each death results in a point loss. (a little over a hundred points when playing on Normal)

Beat level, reap in points.

I play with about 5 skulls on, and I usually reap in about double the needed points. Careful, though, as some of the levels require 50,000 points rather then the usual 15,000.

Karl Valten
Oct 10th, 2007, 06:43:32 PM
Alrighty, I'll have to try that out.

Darth Phantom
Oct 17th, 2007, 12:02:51 AM
Has anyone beat the game on Legendary with all the skulls activated?