PDA

View Full Version : All's Faire

Fiona Devlin
Sep 25th, 2007, 03:35:42 PM
FRIDAY AFTERNOON

:: Fiona was curled up on the couch, fading in and out of sleep when she felt the buzz, rousing her to alertness as Michele came in ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 25th, 2007, 03:50:31 PM
I close door and fall against it with a big smile. "Guess what?" :D

I gotta surprise! I gotta surprise!

Fiona Devlin
Sep 25th, 2007, 03:54:41 PM
:: Fiona looked at her with large eyes ::

"Whot?"

Michele Hawkins
Sep 25th, 2007, 03:57:14 PM
I kept my hands hidden behind my back, but with a big flourish and produced two tickets triumphantly.

"I can't believe I actually won a raffle at school! And what makes it better is that it's REN FAIRE tickets!!! We can wreak havoc on your wardrobe and go!!!" :D

Fiona Devlin
Sep 25th, 2007, 04:06:56 PM
:: Fiona burst into laughter ::

"Oh, you've been waiting for this, haven't you?" :p

Michele Hawkins
Sep 25th, 2007, 04:13:09 PM
"Hell yeah!" I toss my book bag to the floor and took a seat next to Fiona on the couch. "Why is this such a bad thing? You can tell me what they're doing wrong!" :p

Fiona Devlin
Sep 25th, 2007, 04:19:09 PM
:: It was amusing to see her this excited. She had to tease ::

"What about your studies?"

Michele Hawkins
Sep 25th, 2007, 04:20:44 PM
:rolleyes "Please. You make me train all day sometimes without doing my homework. Substituting this isn't a big deal."

Fiona Devlin
Sep 25th, 2007, 04:22:55 PM
:: She laughed again, unable to keep a poker face any longer ::

"I'd love to."

Michele Hawkins
Sep 25th, 2007, 04:23:57 PM
"Knew it!" :D

Fiona's been trying to get me to have some fun, so I figure what the heck. I mean I won the bloody things, I should use them...

And when the hell did I start saying bloody???

Fiona Devlin
Sep 25th, 2007, 04:32:36 PM
:: Fiona stretched, giving an impossibly wide feline yawn before standing ::

"Let's see what we can find for you. I'm afraid most of my clothes might be a bit too tight in the chest for you, love."

Michele Hawkins
Sep 25th, 2007, 04:35:42 PM
I frown a bit but it was true. I did have a rack on me.

"Well, there still could be other stuff I could wear that you've kept around?"

Fiona Devlin
Sep 25th, 2007, 04:42:11 PM
"I think so. If all else fails, we'll get you something."

:: Enthusiasm finally got the better of Fiona, and she scampered merrily to the bedroom ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 25th, 2007, 04:45:18 PM
I'd knew she be all over this idea. I mean, seriously. Dressing up, running around people that enjoy the time period, shopping, games, and quality time with my girl? How is this bad?!

I scamper suit and plop down on the bed as Fiona ruffles through the huge, and I mean HUGE, walk in closet. Thing was the size of about three normal ones, but she'd need it for all the crap she owns.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 25th, 2007, 04:57:46 PM
:: The depths of Fiona's closet, much to Michele's delight, looked like it had been designed by Ngila Dickson. Hats, boots, tunics, dresses, cloaks of various colors and materials, and even some authentic pieces of chainmail ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 25th, 2007, 05:02:54 PM
One question went through my mind as Fiona ... threw a piece of chainmail on the ground??

Okay now two.

"Hey, Fi," I say as I get off the bed to look at this bikini piece of mail. "How hard is it to move all of this stuff when you need to move around and ..."

I hold the skimmy little thing that barely covers the palm of my hands, "... why haven't you worn this for me?!"

Fiona Devlin
Sep 25th, 2007, 05:08:37 PM
"Huh?"

:: She peeked out from underneath the brim of the floppy wizard's hat she was wearing ::

"uh oh ..."

:: she tried to bolt, knowing what was coming next ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 25th, 2007, 05:13:51 PM
I threw the mail at her before I was in hot pursuit! "How could you be holding out on me!!!???"

Fiona Devlin
Sep 25th, 2007, 05:24:10 PM
"No I have not!!!"

:: Fiona ran into a corner and pressed herself up against it ::

"Honestly, Michele Hawkins!!! I've not worn that since I was in Pangaea!!!"

:: She noted the look of confusion ::

"It's an Umbral Realm ... long story. You don't expect me to go to Faire in that, do you???"

Michele Hawkins
Sep 25th, 2007, 05:28:58 PM
"Course not ..." I slap my hands against the wall either side of her with a smirk. "... Just for me."

Fiona Devlin
Sep 25th, 2007, 05:34:21 PM
"We're supposed to be finding you a costume ..."

:: she grinned, stealing a kiss before slipping underneath Michele's arm ::

"... not turning me into a doll again." :mneh

Michele Hawkins
Sep 25th, 2007, 05:36:34 PM
"A doll? Pfft ..." I follow her back into the bedroom. "Like you'd be wearing it for that long ..."

Fiona Devlin
Sep 25th, 2007, 05:44:13 PM
"Oh, alright."

:: she collected the pieces and stepped into the bathroom to change ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 25th, 2007, 05:47:17 PM
I start giggling. "Fiona I ...Nevermind." Sometimes innuendo was lost on her which was amazing for being so old.

I pull her back and hide the chainmail. "Just go back to finding fun stuff that I can wear."

Fiona Devlin
Sep 25th, 2007, 05:51:13 PM
"You confound me sometimes, you know that don't you?"

:: She stepped back into the closet and handed Michele some things to try on ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 25th, 2007, 05:55:07 PM
I hold up some of the clothing, a combination of shirts, dresses, pants, and skirts. "Hmm ..."

Skirts and dresses since I am taller then Fiona... hopefully some of this stuff fits ... and it don't. Crap. My arms are kind flailing around with the sleeves half on as the bottom of the dress got stuck on my hips. "Heeeeeeelp!"

Fiona Devlin
Sep 25th, 2007, 06:00:20 PM
:: Fiona helped her out of her prediciment carefully, without tearing anything ::

"Looks like we'll have to go shopping for you. I know just the place."

Michele Hawkins
Sep 25th, 2007, 06:07:54 PM
I made sure to call for help before I heard anything tear. Last thing I want to do is break something so priceless. Real antique clothing is hard to come by. "Oh, where to?"

Fiona Devlin
Sep 25th, 2007, 06:13:35 PM
"I have a friend who works for the Theatre. We can stop by after food. I'm starving."

Michele Hawkins
Sep 27th, 2007, 03:49:13 PM
"Food it is then, M'lady." I grab the keys to MY car. I'm still getting used to that. I never owned a car before because the bus, train and my feet got me to where I needed to go. "Where ya wanna go?"

Fiona Devlin
Sep 27th, 2007, 04:00:10 PM
"Hmmmmm ... how about gyros?"

Michele Hawkins
Sep 27th, 2007, 04:07:14 PM
"Sounds good to me." Cucumber sauce rocks. We pack up and go to Greektown Gyros. If Fi wans't starving, we'd head into the 'Burbs and go to The Works. They have the best gyros EVER!!!!

Fiona Devlin
Sep 27th, 2007, 04:10:43 PM
"Tzatziki!!!" she exclaimed in delight, and hopped into the passenger's seat.

Michele Hawkins
Sep 27th, 2007, 04:17:30 PM
I snag a parking spot in the back lot that was open and walk around the block to go grab us some grub. We get seated right away since the owner knows us. Course, who the hell doesn't know of Fiona in this town...

Fiona Devlin
Sep 27th, 2007, 04:35:04 PM
:: Fiona ordered two gyros and a ginger ale, and chatted away heartily between bites ::

"So, we're doing 16th century, Bristol to be exact, right?"

Michele Hawkins
Sep 27th, 2007, 04:36:50 PM
"Um, yeah," I look up trying to recall what the ticket said. "Yeah, said Bristol."

Fiona Devlin
Sep 27th, 2007, 04:40:30 PM
:: She gazed at Michele giddily ::

"I suspect you'll be getting far more roses than I will." :p

Michele Hawkins
Sep 27th, 2007, 04:41:52 PM
"Oh please," I say rolling my eyes. "You're are far more a hottie then me."

Fiona Devlin
Sep 27th, 2007, 04:47:59 PM
"Oh pish!" she retorted. "That bosom begs for a bodice!!!"

:: That attracted the attention of the guys in the place, and she covered her mouth quickly to keep from laughing ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 27th, 2007, 07:12:38 PM
I look around and notice that several of the guys had started looking me over. Some admiring, others undressing me with their eyes, and a couple did that eyebrow chin come hither thing that really annoys me for some reason.

With a grin, I hold up my left hand and wiggle my finger as the light hit the diamond in just the right spot to glimmer so beautifully. "Sorry, boys. Taken."

I think I heard someone groan in resignation! :lol

Fiona Devlin
Sep 27th, 2007, 07:47:26 PM
:: Fiona took Michele's hand and kissed it with affection, dashing what remained of their hopes utterly ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 27th, 2007, 07:49:08 PM
I munch on a fry, "You are so bad."

But that's one reason why I love her so.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 28th, 2007, 09:56:41 AM
:: They finished up their meal and departed to the Theatre House. Fiona scampered up onto the empty stage and with a grin, broke into prose ::

<i>"'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

Beware the jabberwock my son!!!
The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!!!
Beware the Jujub bird, and shun
The frumious Bandersnatch!!!"</i>

:: She looked about for a prop, taking up a yardstick for a sword and acting out the rest of the piece ::

<i>"He took his vorpal blade in hand
Long time the manxome foe he sought
So rested he by the Tumtum tree,
And stood awhile in thought.

And, as in uffish thought he stood,
The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame
Came whiffling through the tulgey wood,
And burbled as it came!!!</i>

:: She ran about in circles now, fighting an invisible beast with the stick"

<i>"One, Two!!! One, Two!!! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker snack!!!
He left it dead, and with it's head
He went galumphing back.

And hast though slain the jabberwock???
Come to my arms, my beamish boy!!!
O Frabjous Day!!! Callooh!!! Callay!!!"
He chortled in his joy.

'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe."</i>

Michele Hawkins
Sep 28th, 2007, 10:07:10 AM
Well, it's a good thing Fi knows the people that work here, otherwise they'd be calling the nice people with the straight jackets to come pick her up ...

Fiona Devlin
Sep 28th, 2007, 10:15:10 AM
:: Fiona bowed and spoke to the invisible audience as Michele tapped her foot ::

"And so, gentlemen, kind friends, God be with thee and fare thee well until we meet again, as we surely must ... here, or in the infinite God knoweth where!!!" :D

Michele Hawkins
Sep 28th, 2007, 10:16:15 AM
Oh lordy. I step on stage and cup her mouth before she could go on about something else. We quickly exit, stage left ...

"I don't get you sometimes, woman."

Fiona Devlin
Sep 28th, 2007, 10:20:58 AM
"That was fun."

:: She laughed, leading the way to the wardrobe shop ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 28th, 2007, 10:25:05 AM
A stage hand says hello to us as he transporting some cable to who knows where. There was so much crap around that it was hard to maneuver. Boxes, paint, wood of various sizes and shape were scattered about in an unorganized fashion. I'm certain whoever put it there knew the system but it was like one big garage sale with the mess. If I had to guess, they were between productions.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 28th, 2007, 10:35:03 AM
"Beverly!"

:: Fiona saw the head costumer and greeted her with a hug ::

"I need a favor."

"Let me guess," she replied. "Something for the Faire?"

"Aye, and here's your subject."

:: She introduced Michele as though she were the Queen of England, bowing with a flourish at the end ::

"Her most beautiful ladyship, Michele Hawkins."

Michele Hawkins
Sep 28th, 2007, 10:41:22 AM
I can feel the heat instantly rise from my neck, up my cheeks and touch the very tips of my ears up top. "Um ... nice to ... meet you."

My hand raises just enough to wiggle some fingers in hello and I flash Fiona the look of death! She only did that to get back at me for dragging her off stage!

Fiona Devlin
Sep 28th, 2007, 10:51:19 AM
:: Fiona didn't notice as she was busy giving instructions ::

"Now, we need a Bodice, because the lass was blessed by God to turn men into drooling lemmings with those assets. No Farthingale though, she'll kill me."

Michele Hawkins
Sep 28th, 2007, 10:53:33 AM
Slowly my fingers creep along my face until my hand covered it entirely. OH MY GOD!!! I AM GOING TO KILL HER!!!

Oh look! I rack of clothing I can hide behind and pretend I am looking at stuff ...

Fiona Devlin
Oct 1st, 2007, 03:15:24 PM
"So what colors would you ..."

:: Fiona turned, but Michele seemed to have disappeared. Except for her legs. She peeked arounf the rack of clothing ::

"What colors would you like?"

Michele Hawkins
Oct 2nd, 2007, 06:33:52 PM
"Huh?" I blink and pretend I was looking at the costumes. "Something green perhaps?"

Fiona Devlin
Oct 2nd, 2007, 07:07:21 PM
"Alright. Let Bev know what you want and she'll see to it."

:: Fiona scampered off to explore the props ::

Michele Hawkins
Oct 3rd, 2007, 08:52:14 PM
"Bu ... but!!!" I throw my arms up in the arm as Fiona darts around a corner. "How the hell am I to know what I want?!"

Like I lived in the middle ages!!!!

Fiona Devlin
Oct 4th, 2007, 08:26:22 AM
:: Fiona peeked back at Michele, wearing a Venetian mask ::

"Oh, I'm sorry."

:: She pranced back over to help select Michele's garb, making sure everything was of the proper fit and material ::

Michele Hawkins
Oct 29th, 2007, 03:10:10 PM
So now I'm up on this block being fitted for everything with a tape measurer. Then the dresses start coming, one after the other. I gave up on fixing my hair after the third one. Eventually she picked out this GORGEOUS green dress that had an air of royalty to it. It was off the shoulder and showed off my rack nicely (much to Fiona's liking). Everything hugged me where it needed and as I turned around to check myself out in the mirror, it was like I was a Princess or something :D

Fiona Devlin
Oct 29th, 2007, 06:08:58 PM
:: Fiona fanned herself as she admired Michele ::

"So bonnie a wench there's never been." she swooned. Beverley laughed at the two of them.

Michele Hawkins
Oct 29th, 2007, 06:47:00 PM
I lean over to Beverly, "Does that mean she likes it? I mean ... I can't tell by those rosy red cheeks."

Fiona Devlin
Oct 31st, 2007, 12:27:10 PM
"I love it, Macushla. There's just one thing missing though ..."

:: She rambled through the costumes, pondering and scrutinizing, and then she found it. Beaming, she placed an Elizabethan flat cap on her fiance's head ::

"... there!" :)

Michele Hawkins
Nov 2nd, 2007, 10:26:51 AM
Not really a big hat person and my face shows it. But when Beverly turns me around to see myself in the mirror, I flipped the hat up with a flick of the finger and grin.

I look good good :D Covers up my messy hair too ...

Fiona Devlin
Nov 2nd, 2007, 10:33:02 AM
:: Bev gave a nod of approval, and whisked off Fiona by the hand to do a fitting before she could escape ::

Michele Hawkins
Nov 6th, 2007, 01:34:55 PM
Good! About time that Fiona got to play dress up! Unfortunately, I can't get these clothes off yet until Beverly is finished pinning me up for the alterations.

Fiona Devlin
Nov 6th, 2007, 02:30:04 PM
:: An assisstant arrived to help finish with Michele. A short time later, Fiona was unveiled, dressed in a leather doublet and finely knit hose. There was a heated debate about the ruff, but Beverly insisted ::

Michele Hawkins
Nov 6th, 2007, 02:33:43 PM
I had to giggle. Fiona look absolutely cute and adorable with the ruff, but all the same silly!