PDA

View Full Version : Run Away, Far Away

Nara McKenna
Sep 24th, 2007, 03:44:21 PM
It was just threatening midnight at Silvie's Lounge. Tonight was acoustic night and all of Chicago's hopeful musicians were taking center stage, trying to entertain the patrons. Some were really good, others were just above a karaoke level performance.

For one girl, the music isn't what she came for. She just wanted a nice out of the way place to relax and get her head on straight.

"Can I have another?" She asked the bartender and freshened up her beer. It was only her second one because she couldn't afford to get drunk, not that it was easy to do that anyway. Being a Garou gave you a substantial tolerance to alcohol.

Nara sighed and took a sip. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw her cellphone light up, probably the Band again. She hadn't had a chance to check in with them since yesterday. Brigid tried calling, but after the third time gave up.

She couldn't face her. Not now. Not after almost popping Fiona's head open like a grape during their training session. What was worse is that she turned on Brigid too, thinking she was an unruly Get. The rage had been so potent that it took Brigid's love to bring her down ...

So she ran. Like she always did. Embarrassment from being unable to keep the wolf at bay and wondering why the Immortal's feelings for her was so strong was just too much to deal with, especially with the challenge tomorrow ...

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 24th, 2007, 03:59:59 PM
:: Brigid had gotten sick of waiting, and after asking the band where Nara's brooding grounds were, her search led her to ... ::

"Sylvie's Lounge???" she muttered, looking at the sign over the door. She shrugged off her distaste and went inside.

Nara McKenna
Sep 24th, 2007, 04:03:50 PM
When the door opened, Nara got a whiff of air and recognized her scent immediately. She looked up and frowned, watching Brigid scan the bar for her, wondering how the hell the Immortal found her...

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 24th, 2007, 04:08:15 PM
:: Brigid eventually made eye contact and made her way over to the bar ::

"Mind if I sit?"

:: She sat down anyway ::

Nara McKenna
Sep 24th, 2007, 04:09:13 PM
She knew Brigid would make herself comfortable anyway and took another sip, a rather long sip, of beer to avoid answering.

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 24th, 2007, 04:17:40 PM
:: Brigid sighed and ordered a beer, peeking over her shoulder at the stage in slight bewilderment. They were singing 'Little Latin Lupe Lu' ::

"You know, torturing yourself like this, it's just wrong."

Nara McKenna
Sep 24th, 2007, 04:23:36 PM
The glass hit the counter with an audible 'thud', the comment not sitting well with the Garou. "Shows how little you know me that you would think that."

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 24th, 2007, 04:29:09 PM
"So you gonna let me in or not?"

Nara McKenna
Sep 24th, 2007, 04:30:42 PM
She stared down into her glass and sighed, playing with the condensation. "Ethan told you I was here. Didn't he."

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 24th, 2007, 04:33:51 PM
"Yeah. So?"

:: She took a gulp of beer ::

Nara McKenna
Sep 24th, 2007, 04:36:51 PM
"He shouldn't have," she answered plainly. "I need time to chill."

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 24th, 2007, 04:51:18 PM
:: Brigid was about to retort when the band onstage broke into another song ::

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwyc11_zx8w

:: She gazed in disbelief at the singer ::

"oh my god ..."

Nara McKenna
Sep 24th, 2007, 04:54:06 PM
She looked at the band over her shoulder and narrowed her eyes in wonder, "Been here before?"

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 24th, 2007, 04:57:19 PM
:: She winced ::

"Yeah. I'm outta here."

:: she slapped a bill on the bar and walked outside, hoping that Nara would follow ::

Nara McKenna
Sep 24th, 2007, 05:02:37 PM
"Well, at least the night wasn't completely ruined," she said, paying her tab with a grin. At least she had some amusement out of Brigid's arrival and considering that the Immortal was embarrassed, it showed how much she was willing to endure to come find her. It would be rude to not follow.

She stepped outside and found Brigid leaning against a street lamp. The Garou soon joined her, but said nothing yet.

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 24th, 2007, 05:11:47 PM
:: Brigid didn't notice Nara right away. She was too busy growling to herself ::

:grumble "... doesn't know when to quit."

Nara McKenna
Sep 24th, 2007, 05:12:54 PM
The Garou was smirking, not something she really should be doing, but this was highly amusing. "Old flame?"

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 24th, 2007, 05:16:51 PM
"Huh???"

:: She looked up into the face of the smirking garou ::

"Pffft ... in his dreams."

Nara McKenna
Sep 24th, 2007, 05:17:35 PM
"Ah." Her smirk grew into a grin. "Admirer."

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 24th, 2007, 05:19:22 PM
"Yeah, well you know how it is."

:: She stuck out her tongue ::

Nara McKenna
Sep 24th, 2007, 05:21:11 PM
"Actually, yes," she laughed. Nara used to have this stalker that followed her and the band up and down the east coast.

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 24th, 2007, 05:27:44 PM
:: Brigid kicked a small rock out onto the street ::

"So what now? You gonna stay here?"

Nara McKenna
Sep 24th, 2007, 05:33:19 PM
"You mean after the Challenge?" she asked quietly.

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 24th, 2007, 05:35:53 PM
:: Brigid nodded ::

"Yeah."

Nara McKenna
Sep 24th, 2007, 05:37:02 PM
"Yeah," she muttered and looked at Brigid for the first time since she walked into the bar. "You said you loved me and it took me by surprise."

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 24th, 2007, 05:39:45 PM
:: She met Nara's gaze, unaware that her own cheeks had turned red ::

"Me too, but I meant it."

Nara McKenna
Sep 24th, 2007, 05:43:18 PM
Nara quizzically look at Brigid and reached out a hand to stroke her cheek. It was warm. "Why?"

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 24th, 2007, 05:48:52 PM
:: Brigid trembled involuntarily ::

"I don't fall in love easily." she replied, keeping eye contact in spite of herself.

Nara McKenna
Sep 24th, 2007, 05:54:40 PM
"Neither do I ..." Brigid could see Nara's eyes grow scared and she pulled away. The words left her mouth before she could stop them ...

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 24th, 2007, 06:02:43 PM
:: Brigid was speechless. She just stood there ::

Nara McKenna
Sep 24th, 2007, 06:04:25 PM
"... I ..." she lowered her head and stuffed her hands in her jacket pockets, "... I did need to chill, that was true. But ... I was trying to figure out why you were able to calm me down so fast. That's why I left in such a hurry."

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 24th, 2007, 06:07:24 PM
:: Brigid cleared her throat, then leaned in to kiss Nara ::

"Do you want to come home now?"

Nara McKenna
Sep 24th, 2007, 06:09:11 PM
She turned around and received a most soft and tender kiss. The Garou pulled away and quickly embraced Brigid, and nestled her head upon her shoulder.

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 24th, 2007, 06:16:14 PM
:: Brigid held her in silence, stroking her hair until she was ready to leave ::

Nara McKenna
Sep 24th, 2007, 06:19:45 PM
The scene was much like earlier in the training room, except there was no fear or uncertainty or hesitation. Nara enjoyed the intimacy and smile when she broke away. "I'll meet you at home?"

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 24th, 2007, 06:28:47 PM
"Alright." she said, giving her hand a squeeze before walking towards her bike. She started it up just as the guy inside came out to find her.

"BRIIIIIIIIDGET!!!" he called out as she sped away. "DON'T LEAVE ME, HONEY!!!! BRIIIIIIIDGET!!!!!!!"

Nara McKenna
Sep 24th, 2007, 06:34:08 PM
Nara cracked a smile and slipped on her helmet as the love sick human chased after Brigid. He stopped just short of running into the street. Which was good, because Nara would have had to do some evasive maneuvering so she wouldn't have hit him ... Which might not have been a bad thing really.

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 24th, 2007, 06:59:38 PM
BACK AT FIONA'S

:: Brigid sat on the couch with her bare feet on the coffee table. The gang had crashed for the night in Brigid's unit. The cat had fallen asleep in her lap, and Fiona and Michele had finally gone quiet after some frisky business behind closed doors. Did they ever get enough? She closed her eyes, setting her mind adrift til Nara got in ::

Nara McKenna
Sep 24th, 2007, 07:08:46 PM
Another twenty minutes went by and finally a jingling of keys was heard. A quick shift of the deadbolt and a turn of the handle, Nara stepped into the apartment. Things were really quiet, but she smelled Brigid and the cat in the front room. She also got a whiff of Fiona and Michele in ways that really should not be smelled ...

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 24th, 2007, 07:16:26 PM
"Hey." she murmured, not opening her eyes.

Nara McKenna
Sep 24th, 2007, 07:18:23 PM
She tossed her keys on the counter and set down her helmet. "Hey."

Kicking off her boots, Nara made her way over to the couch and sat down next to Brigid.

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 24th, 2007, 07:22:08 PM
:: She opened her eyes to look at Nara ::

"You okay?"

:: It was a dumb question, but she asked it anyway ::

Nara McKenna
Sep 24th, 2007, 07:24:41 PM
"Yeah," she placed an arm up and over Brigid's head and smiled at her. "Really."

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 24th, 2007, 07:31:07 PM
"Good."

:: she paused ::

"You know, after you whip this Get tomorrow ..."

Nara McKenna
Sep 24th, 2007, 07:34:13 PM
It's nice to have someone be confident in her. Not if, when she defeats the Get. It made her smile. "Yes, after?"

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 24th, 2007, 07:35:17 PM
"... you owe me a rematch." :mneh

Nara McKenna
Sep 24th, 2007, 07:41:03 PM
"Heh, in your dreams, Cassidy. That wouldn't be fair."

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 24th, 2007, 07:48:17 PM
:: Brigid snickered ::

"Go to sleep, McKenna. It'll be morning before you know it."

:: She kissed Nara goodnight and closed her eyes ::