PDA

View Full Version : A Meeting at the Fanum

Fiona Devlin
Sep 20th, 2007, 05:18:02 PM
:: It was just after lunch as Fiona drove to the Fanum. Nara was with her, and Brigid would be meeting them there. Michele was busy at school, and would be informed of the events later on ::

Nara McKenna
Sep 20th, 2007, 05:20:38 PM
She sat stoically in the passenger seat, but the Fury's stomach was about the heave the contents of lunch onto the floor of the Shelby (which would completely suck since this car was a classic). Nara was still convinced that the Elders were going to skin her alive for breaking in on one of their meetings, contrary to what Fiona had promised ...

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 20th, 2007, 05:30:35 PM
:: Brigid arrived slightly ahead of time, and was waiting outside as the Cobra pulled up into the lot. Poor Nara didn't seem to enjoy the ride at all. She walked up to great them ::

Nara McKenna
Sep 20th, 2007, 05:35:21 PM
Nara got out of the car with uncertainty, the color almost completely gone from her face. The Garou's spirits lifted a little seeing Brigid but said nothing. She stuffed her hands in her jacket so they were doing something instead of fidgeting.

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 20th, 2007, 05:46:17 PM
:: Brigid caught one of her hands before she could pocket it ::

"Hey relax. You're in good company."

Fiona Devlin
Sep 20th, 2007, 05:46:27 PM
"Aye. There's nothing for you to worry about."

:: Fiona led the way, casting a glance over her shoulder at her companions. Brigid had really warmed to the young garou. It was an unexpected but pleasant suprise. Something to talk about later ::

Nara McKenna
Sep 20th, 2007, 05:57:25 PM
She grunted an 'all right' and squeezed Brigid's hand as they followed Fiona.

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 21st, 2007, 09:01:39 AM
:: The trio entered, catching several curious looks and honored greetings. They made their way upstairs to the meeting hall and stepped inside ::

Fiona Devlin
Sep 21st, 2007, 09:13:56 AM
:: Inside, the Elders were assembled. Claudia was there, as were a few Nara was unfamiliar with. A Shadowlord and a grizzled old Ahroun of the Get were present. They took brief notice of Nara, but Fiona overshadowed whatever displeasure they had by her presence ::

Nara McKenna
Sep 21st, 2007, 09:25:20 AM
The hackles on the back of Nara's neck rose when she spied the Shadowlord, but she reserved most of her displeasure at the Get, who gave her a dirty look. It took much control to stay silent, minus the small growl starting at the back of her throat...

Fiona Devlin
Sep 21st, 2007, 09:34:10 AM
:: Fiona took a chair on the side of Claudia and the Fianna Elder. She looked cool and relaxed under the hateful gaze of the old Get ::

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 21st, 2007, 09:40:35 AM
:: Brigid also took a seat, sizing up the two young ahrouns that stood on either side of the Get Elder. They seemed to sniff in her direction, but looked away as an old Silver Fang made his entrance, taking a seat at the end of the table. Finally, the meeting would begin ::

Nara McKenna
Sep 21st, 2007, 09:56:37 AM
Nara broke away from Brigid and Fiona to take her rightful place by Claudia's side in honor of her tribe, the Black Furies.

Claudia was a Philodox and had served as Elder within Chicago since Emily was killed during the war. Her brown hair was cropped short and was showing the first signs of age, and she rivaled the Shadowlord in dress. It was hard to tell who had the more expensive suit ...

"We shall begin with gratitude towards our Uktena and Children of Gaia hosts that have honored us with allowing us access to the Fanum," began the wizened Silver Fang, Sampson. He was seventy in years, but possessed the strength and aptitude of anyone forty years younger. "As always, they are generous in our time of need.

Most of you know each other, except for some of the younger Garou present." his eyes regarded the two Get behind their Elder. "I introduce to you Fiona Devlin and Brigid Cassidy. They fought along side us against the Black Spiral Dancers during the War."

Fiona Devlin
Sep 21st, 2007, 10:19:51 AM
:: The old Get glowered ::

"I object to these .... Witches." he growled. Pointing a finger directly at Fiona, he growled. "My cousin spoke much about you, Witch. Death falls like a shadow where you tread. I do not trust you."

Fiona remained unaffected as she looked at him.

"Have a care." The Fianna chimed in. "You speak to one of our finest."

"BAH!!! She is NOT Garou!!!" the Get fired back, pounding a fist on the table.

Nara McKenna
Sep 21st, 2007, 10:24:20 AM
She balled her hands into fists and stepped forward, about to go off on how narrow mind the Get always were, but Claudia held up her hand to stay Nara.

"Rudolph. You were here during the War and your distrust wasn't so thick when the Black Spirals were dying by their hands," she said evenly, glowering at the old Get. "And now they're back. Cassidy and McKenna were able to kill one several weeks ago, a Scout more then likely. You know what happens next. More will come."

Fiona Devlin
Sep 21st, 2007, 10:36:28 AM
"Yes." muttered the Shadow Lord. "Let the Changelings speak. I have questions of them." He eyed Fiona with more than a bit of curiosity. There was a hint of lust, ever so slight.

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 21st, 2007, 10:50:27 AM
:: The Shadow Lord turned his gaze to Brigid, the same glint in his eye as he addressed her ::

"Tell me, have you made any attempts to find the hive?"

"Every night." she replied. "No results yet."

"Yes." he nodded, stroking his short-trimmed beard. His eyes fell upon Fiona again, distracted in his thoughts.

Nara McKenna
Sep 21st, 2007, 10:57:21 AM
Between the rude Get Elder and the Shadow Lord eying her girlfriend with lustful eyes, it was a surprise that Nara had not bitten her tongue in two.

Marion, the Child of Gaia Elder, listened in quiet contemplation. She was the smallest of everyone present. At five foot nothing, the Theurge often went unnoticed during these proceedings, seeking insight within rather then flexing verbal muscles like the Get.

Corwin, the Fianna Ragabash Elder, chimed in next. "They're probably hiding outside the city somewhere. They couldn't risk building a Hive here."

Fiona Devlin
Sep 22nd, 2007, 08:38:39 AM
"I propose hunting parties ..." Fiona began.

"Yes! Oh that's good!" Corwin broke in enthusiastically. "A Wyld Hunt! I remember what it was like during the war, when we took it to them ..."

"GRRRAAAHHH!!!!" roared the old Get, shaking with rage as he stood. "I WILL NOT SIT HERE WHILE THESE WITCHES AND FIANNA FOOL ARE TAKING CHARGE !!! I CHALLENGE THIS!!!"

"WHAT????" boomed Corwin angrily.

:: Fiona's eyes narrowed at the Get ::

"And what do you propose ..."

"BE SILENT WITCH!!!! YOU CONSORT WITH CADAVERS, THAT FACT IS WELL KNOWN!!! IF YOU DO NOT LEAVE HERE, I'LL REMOVE YOU MYSELF!!!"

Nara McKenna
Sep 22nd, 2007, 08:54:48 AM
"Grrr ... ENOUGH OF THIS!!!" Nara's voiced boomed over the Get's as a fist pounded against the table. Narrowed brown eyes stared straight into the grizzled old ones of Rudolph with no fear or hesitation as she spoke, "I accept your challenge and will defend both of them myself!!!"

There was no way to get around this. Until the fool was backed into a corner, forced to accept outside aide, this meeting would go no further. He was itching for a fight since laying eyes on the Immortals. There was so much more she wanted to say, but the Fury could not risk being disrespectful in front of so many Garou. Honor demanded being humble. But she was also insane. There was no way she could win against Rudolph.

Claudia was not pleased by this action but could say nothing. What Nara did was within the rules. Corwin looked upset because he was going to accept the challenge himself. Marian actually perked up at this. Normally avoiding violence, the Child of Gaia was intrigued by the turn of events.

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 22nd, 2007, 09:11:47 AM
:: Brigid stood up as the old Get laughed derisivley ::

"I'll do it!!!" she spat.

"No. She has accepted the challenge." corrected the Shadow Lord. "You cannot interfere."

:: Rudolph looked Nara directly in the eyes ::

"Foolish little bitch. You should have held your tongue. I'm going to enjoy watching my son pound you. Prepare yourself, and come to the Caern tomorrow morning."

Nara McKenna
Sep 22nd, 2007, 09:23:33 AM
Sampson folded his hands and merely nodded. "Then so be it. Sunrise is when the challenge shall begin and our meeting will commence afterwards. Those present shall bare witness. Rudolph." He addressed the Elder directly, "Which son will represent you and the rules of this challenge?"

"Gregor," he smiled proudly and pat his boy at the shoulder upon standing. He was a strong Ahroun and a Get of third rank within his tribe. This would not be an easy battle. "And it will be a fight, weapons and all, until one lays unconscious or ..." her sneered at Nara, "... submission."

"NEVER!!! I rather die first, Get!" Nara spat back.

"Then you will get your wish, Fury!!!"

Fiona Devlin
Sep 22nd, 2007, 09:37:20 AM
:: Fiona got up, rubbing her temples as she followed Corwin out. There would be much to do before the challenge ::