PDA

View Full Version : More fond moments

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 17th, 2007, 02:30:22 PM
:: Brigid sat in the garage, surrounded by tools and motorcycle parts. She was working on the Bonny, which was tedious given it's age. She looked over at Nara, who was sitting on her other bike, the Honda Shadow VLX ::

"Alright, I need a break."

Nara McKenna
Sep 17th, 2007, 02:36:37 PM
Nara had come down about 15 minutes ago to see how Brigid was doing. For most of the morning, the Immortal had been cleaning and tunning up her bikes without a break.

The Garou had left some ice tea on the work bench near Brigid and hopped on the Honda, wanting to get a feel for the bike (since it was the most put together one here).

Her ears perked up. "Finally?"

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 17th, 2007, 02:39:54 PM
"Yeah, the old gray mare just ain't what she used to be."

:: she frowned ::

Nara McKenna
Sep 17th, 2007, 02:42:50 PM
"Hey, you've done good by it," she said as the Garou looked at Brigid sympathetically, "Problem is they don't make that stuff anymore and finding parts is a bitch."

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 17th, 2007, 02:47:14 PM
:: Brigid wiped the grease off her hands on a towel and thought for a moment ::

"Want to go bike shopping?"

Nara McKenna
Sep 17th, 2007, 02:49:52 PM
The Garou's brows furrowed together and pet the handle bars of the bike she was on. "What's wrong with this one?"

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 17th, 2007, 02:55:07 PM
"Nothing. It's fine. I'm just asking."

:: There was a curious smile on her face ::

Nara McKenna
Sep 17th, 2007, 02:56:33 PM
"So ... like window shopping or something?" A past time that really confused Nara. Why drool over things you can't buy?

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 17th, 2007, 02:58:46 PM
"Hell no. The spending money kind." :p

Nara McKenna
Sep 17th, 2007, 03:11:36 PM
"Oh." Nara shrugged. Brigid had the money to spend frivolously if she wanted. If she wanted another bike, then so be it.

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 17th, 2007, 03:17:55 PM
"Come on, McKenna. Tell me you're not jonesing for a second bike."

Nara McKenna
Sep 17th, 2007, 03:25:23 PM
She slid down the bike in surprise, almost racking her neck on the windshield. Nara cleared her throat and dismounted the bike, trying to regain her composure, "That is nice of you Brigid, but I won't accept a gift like that."

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 17th, 2007, 03:34:34 PM
"You can make up your mind after you test ride." ;)

:: She stepped back inside to put on some clean clothes ::

Nara McKenna
Sep 17th, 2007, 03:37:52 PM
She went to open her mouth to argue, but Brigid decided to move a bit faster before that could happen. With a scowl, Nara followed her. "I'm being serious."

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 17th, 2007, 03:41:57 PM
"So am I. We're buying a bike."

Nara McKenna
Sep 17th, 2007, 03:43:36 PM
"Eh?" She raised a brow as her scowl deepened. "Correction. You're buying a bike. I don't have the money."

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 17th, 2007, 03:50:07 PM
:: Brigid canted her head as she changed ::

"Are you sure?"

Nara McKenna
Sep 17th, 2007, 03:53:24 PM
Nara watched as Brigid changed and forgot for a moment what they were talking about. "Uh huh ..."

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 17th, 2007, 03:56:21 PM
:: Brigid noticed where Nara's attention was and grinned as she slid into some leather ::

Nara McKenna
Sep 17th, 2007, 03:59:35 PM
Nara blinked back into reality after bare skin was clothed and looked away, wondering what she was disgruntled about.

"Oh yeah," she shook a finger at Brigid. "And yes, I mean that."

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 17th, 2007, 04:02:50 PM
"Shoot yourself." she countered, pointing her finger like a gun as she walked out the door.

Nara McKenna
Sep 17th, 2007, 04:03:58 PM
Nara grimaced and followed the Immortal. "That was bad, Cassidy."

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 17th, 2007, 04:07:12 PM
:: She chuckled, swinging one leg over the Ninja ::

"Let's go."

Nara McKenna
Sep 17th, 2007, 04:16:11 PM
At least she would get to drive the bike. That's fun, and not like having Brigid holding onto her was a bad thing.

Nara pulled on her driving gloves and mounted her bike, kicking it into gear. "So where we goin'? It's your dollar so pick the place where you're shopping."

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 17th, 2007, 04:26:07 PM
:: Brigid slid forward and held on to Nara's hips ::

"To the Bonny dealership."

Nara McKenna
Sep 17th, 2007, 04:27:44 PM
She slid on her sunglasses and reached behind to give Brigid a quick kiss. "A'right."

Soon they were off. Luckily, Nara had done her homework since coming to Chicago and knew where all the bike places were.

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 17th, 2007, 04:38:41 PM
:: They arrived at the dealer, and Brigid wasted no time proving she knew more about motorcycles than the salesman. He also hung on her every word after she waved a huge wad of cash at him. She looked over her shoulder to see what Nara was up to ::

Nara McKenna
Sep 17th, 2007, 04:48:06 PM
It was odd to explain the attraction since Brigid and Nara were opposites when it came to personalities. The Immortal had no qualms about being verbose and flamboyant. Nara preferred to be leaning quietly against one of the show windows from afar to watch. Though her eye did wander around to admire the motorcycles. One of these days, she'd save up enough cash to get her a Harley ...

"Hmm?" Her eyes gazed upon with much adoration of a 2008 FXSTB Night Train with silver and black trim. She looked away gruffly and tried to focus on Brigid's antics.

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 17th, 2007, 04:53:49 PM
:: Brigid spied the object of Nara's interest and made her way over to it. Curling her lips, she gave it a good look ::

Nara McKenna
Sep 17th, 2007, 04:56:47 PM
Nara stiffened and she panicked. Brigid saw her fawning over that bike. The Garou swiftly made her way to the Immortal and politely excused them from the dealer, who actually looked relieved.

Dragging her outside, Nara spun her around. "I'm not stupid ya know."

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 17th, 2007, 05:00:10 PM
"No, you're not."

:: She met Nara's eyes calmly ::

"You know you want it. So why not have it?"

Nara McKenna
Sep 17th, 2007, 05:02:48 PM
"Because I like earning what I get. It took me forever to buy and build my bike to the specs I wanted. I'm proud of that fact."

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 17th, 2007, 05:06:54 PM
:: Brigid nodded ::

"Alright."

:: She gave the Garou a squeeze on the shoulder and went back inside to settle up with the dealer ::

Nara McKenna
Sep 17th, 2007, 05:08:43 PM
Good, Nara thought, happy that Brigid understood. She walked around to the front of the dealership and got the bike warmed up.

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 17th, 2007, 05:19:32 PM
:: Brigid got on, wrapping her arms around the Black Fury's waist ::

"Wanna get a bite on the way back?"

Nara McKenna
Sep 17th, 2007, 05:21:14 PM
A couple of the other dealers walked by half staring at the pair, but Nara paid them no mind. "Sure. What didja have a taste for?"

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 17th, 2007, 05:27:31 PM
:: Brigid gave a crooked grin and looked away to clear her throat ::

"Steakhouse."

Nara McKenna
Sep 17th, 2007, 05:30:36 PM
Nara chuckled, "Gibson's is close. We'll go there."

Gibson's was a nice bar and grill that wouldn't mind two leather clad ladies walking in for a good meal.

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 17th, 2007, 05:35:15 PM
:: They arrived at Gibson's and sat at a corner table. After the waiter left them to deliberate, Brigid spoke ::

"We're not that much different." she said.

Nara McKenna
Sep 17th, 2007, 05:36:41 PM
The comment took Nara by surprise. What was it with old people and knowing what you were thinking without having the telepathic ability to know what you were thinking?

Nara flattened the menu and shrugged, "What do you mean?"

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 17th, 2007, 05:46:17 PM
"Peel away the centuries that seperate us, and we're not much different. I respect how you feel."

Nara McKenna
Sep 17th, 2007, 05:47:48 PM
"I appreciate that, Brigid. Not too many understand that outside of ..." she paused to search for the right word, "... of my family."

They were in mixed company so it was essential to speak in vagaries to protect the veil.

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 17th, 2007, 05:56:25 PM
"Family. In my case, that would be Fiona ... and most recently, Michele."

Nara McKenna
Sep 17th, 2007, 05:59:05 PM
Nara winced. "Sorry, I didn't mean to ..."

She sighed and rubbed her eyes for feeling stupid. Brigid's real family has been dead for centuries. Nara was fortunate enough to have her entire tribe and the band as hers.

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 17th, 2007, 06:08:08 PM
"It's cool." she replied. "That doesn't upset me."

:: She paused to order food, then continued ::

"I was just a girl that tended to the horses and the hearth before I became Immortal. Everything I have today is because I clawed for it."

Nara McKenna
Sep 17th, 2007, 06:12:45 PM
The Garou breathed out a sigh of relief and ordered as well. She took a nice swallow of beer, but listened intently to what Brigid was talking about.

She saw the years of struggle reflected in Brigid's eyes. Unspoken battles and losses that added up far quicker then what Nara had been through. "I know you're just trying to be nice to me, and I realize you've been through a lot..."

Nara smiled, "But it's nice to meet someone that finally gets it."

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 17th, 2007, 06:22:49 PM
"Still, that bike wasn't easy to walk away from." she laughed.

Nara McKenna
Sep 17th, 2007, 06:23:43 PM
"So ..." she said changing the subject (since it was really hard to do that!) "... you were a farm girl or sumtin?"

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 18th, 2007, 01:37:15 PM
"My humble beginnings, there's really not much to tell. I loved the horses though."

Nara McKenna
Sep 18th, 2007, 01:48:37 PM
"Well, everyone's story has a beginning. Just never pegged you for a farm girl." The Garou chuckled as she twirled her fork in her hand. "You live up to rolling around in the hay."

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 18th, 2007, 01:57:50 PM
"Cute."

:: Brigid smirked ::

"So what's yours?"

Nara McKenna
Sep 18th, 2007, 02:01:02 PM
"Navy Brat." The twirling sped up a notch. "Was actually gonna enlist to make dad happy, but things changed obviously. So focused on music. Keeps me sane."

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 18th, 2007, 02:12:43 PM
:: Brigid studied her a moment, nodding as a smile grew on her face ::

"Yeah." :)

Nara McKenna
Sep 18th, 2007, 02:16:06 PM
Nara returned the smile and set the fork down. "You kinda know the rest then. Not much else to say."

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 18th, 2007, 02:17:41 PM
:: Brigid nodded as the food arrived, and she wasted no time digging in ::

Nara McKenna
Sep 18th, 2007, 02:28:57 PM
If she didn't know any better, Nara would have thought Brigid was a Garou with how she chowed down her food. Her appetite definitely rivaled Nara's, especially when steak was involved.

Her's was cook medium rare with nothing on it. She liked the natural taste of meat with just the seasonings that the restaurant cooked with.

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 18th, 2007, 02:40:30 PM
:: The meal passed by with minimal conversation, and then the two made their way back to the penthouse to discover a jam session in full swing. Somehow, Fiona and the band had bumped into eachother, and hit it off bigtime.

Fiona was in the center of the living room, riffing on her Ibanez JEM playfully as the band grooved with her.

Brigid glanced over at Michele and traded a knowing look. Their mentor was being a wee bit of a showoff again ::

Nara McKenna
Sep 18th, 2007, 02:57:20 PM
Nara raised a brow, impressed at the woman's ability to handle a guitar. She spied Ethan sitting on one of the speakers, completely enthralled by the petite brunette, his finger and thumb twitching as if playing invisible strings. Kevin, Paul and Vicki were not paying attention to them at all.

"My band hath forsaken me," she said, feigning hurt.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 18th, 2007, 03:09:32 PM
:: Fiona spied the pair during a sustain, and greeted them with a feline lick across the guitar strings as a finish ::

Michele Hawkins
Sep 18th, 2007, 03:11:18 PM
I snort and hide my glowing face with a hand. My girlfriend sure knows how to make an impression. "Geesh, Fi. Could you try and say hello like normal people?"

Nara McKenna
Sep 18th, 2007, 03:14:14 PM
Now both eyebrows were up and the Garou looked at Brigid with a curious look, as the other girl here scolded the brunette.

Ethan hopped up and bowed with a flourish. "Come on Nara. You know you own us for life."

"Says you," countered Kevin. "I think we found a great replacement for the Boss. Hey ow!"

A pick bounced off of the drummer's forehead. Paul, the culprit, shared an amused glance with his sister.

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 18th, 2007, 03:28:46 PM
:: Brigid laughed and made introductions ::

"Nara, meet Fiona ..."

:: She waved a hand in Michele's direction ::

"And my dear kid Sister, Michele." ;)

Fiona Devlin
Sep 18th, 2007, 03:28:59 PM
:: Fiona set the JEM on it's stand to greet Nara with a handshake ::

"It's a pleasure." she smiled.

Michele Hawkins
Sep 18th, 2007, 03:34:35 PM
"Well, at least you didn't call me Kiddo," I said, making a face at Brigid. My eyes light up at Nara tho. The band talked about her a lot and it was nice to finally meet her. "Hiyas, Nara!"

Nara McKenna
Sep 18th, 2007, 03:36:21 PM
"Yeah, nice to meet you" she said, shaking Fiona's hand. "Thanks for not getting mad that Brigid said we could crash here."

Fiona Devlin
Sep 18th, 2007, 03:47:52 PM
"Oh don't be silly. Friends are always welcome in my home."

Brigid Cassidy
Sep 18th, 2007, 03:51:59 PM
:: Brigid flopped down on the couch next to Michele, mussing her hair as she put her feet up ::

"Love you, Kiddo."

Michele Hawkins
Sep 18th, 2007, 03:55:04 PM
A nice big pillow to the face was how I decided to show my love for Brigid, before blowing the hair outta my face.

Nara McKenna
Sep 18th, 2007, 03:58:02 PM
"Thanks again," she replied rather sheepishly. Wasn't too many times that people outside the Garou circle were so hospitable. Well, it really depended on the Garou. The Furies got along with most tribes, save for the Get and Shadow Lords. The chauvinistic arrogance of the Get was an instant turn off with the Furies. Shadow Lords simply could not be trusted with their thirst for power and control.

The band was busy powering down the equipment and decided to hover around Michele and Brigid while Nara and Fiona got acquainted.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 18th, 2007, 04:39:26 PM
:: Fiona grinned as the group fell in together, leaving herself and Nara the opportunity to slip over to the bar ::

"Care for a drink?"

Nara McKenna
Sep 18th, 2007, 04:41:48 PM
"Ok," she threw the group one last glance before following Fiona to the bar. The Garou took a seat quietly as the drinks were prepared.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 18th, 2007, 04:47:02 PM
:: Fiona reached under the bar, selecting a bottle of fine Honey Mead, filling Nara's glass first, then her own ::

"I love the band. How long are you staying in town for?"

Nara McKenna
Sep 18th, 2007, 04:52:18 PM
"Um ..." She drummed her fingers against the counter and tried to think of way to answer this. Her and the band were only going to be in town for a short period of time, but that was before Brigid.

" ... awhile." The Garou cleared her throat, it had become so dry suddenly, and took a sip of the honey mead. She liked it a lot, as evident by the surprised, but pleased, look upon her face. "... Depends if we can find a steady gig."

Not a lie, but not quite the whole truth.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 18th, 2007, 05:02:43 PM
"Well, I have a few connections downtown." she winked. "I think we could manage that."

:: There was a look in her eyes that was ageless, much like Brigid's, but in Fiona's case it was faerie-like ::

Nara McKenna
Sep 18th, 2007, 05:11:03 PM
"That's nice of you, but I don't mind finding my own work." It was like Brigid and the bike all over again ...

Fiona Devlin
Sep 18th, 2007, 05:14:05 PM
"Fair enough, but I'd be greatly honored if you played a gig at my club."

Nara McKenna
Sep 18th, 2007, 05:16:33 PM
Nara's face scrunched up and looked a bit embarrassed. "Um ... we don't play jazz ..."

Fiona Devlin
Sep 18th, 2007, 05:19:31 PM
"You don't have to. I want you to play your music."

:: she sipped her mead ::

Nara McKenna
Sep 18th, 2007, 05:21:32 PM
"Are you sure?" She asked hesitantly, "I mean, I don't want to chase away your business ..."

Fiona Devlin
Sep 18th, 2007, 05:29:22 PM
"You won't. I like to do special invitations every now and then. I'll pay you of course, and the food and drink are free for the lot of you. Consider it my own little welcome to the city."

:: she raised her glass to Nara ::

Nara McKenna
Sep 18th, 2007, 05:33:43 PM
"Oh," the Garou perked up at that and especially for being paid. "That would be fair then. I know Kevin will continue to wish for my replacement now ..."

As much as they kidded with each other, it was their way of expressing a very odd friendship.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 18th, 2007, 05:42:01 PM
:: Fiona's cellphone rang and she answered it, waving for Nara to follow as she walked to the study ::

"Hello Connor." she purred as she entered the room. It was richly furnished, and the bookshelves stretched nearly to the ceiling.

Nara McKenna
Sep 18th, 2007, 05:44:46 PM
Nara took her drink and looked back at the group. Brigid and Kevin were doing most of the talking with Michele and Ethan chipping in occasionally.

She followed Fiona and wondered who Connor while sipping her mead. Upon entering the study, her eyes bugged out. The place was huge! It reminded her of one of those she'd seen in all those British movies. Pristine, orderly and museum like.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 18th, 2007, 05:53:15 PM
"Aye." she said as she sat behind the desk and picked up a sword in a laquered scabbard. "Aye, it's the genuine article. I examined it myself. A Masumara Daito."

Nara McKenna
Sep 18th, 2007, 05:56:33 PM
Connor sounds like a buyer of sorts, she thought and sat down in the chair opposite the big oak desk. She felt weird being in here and was afraid to breathe or touch anything.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 18th, 2007, 06:02:10 PM
"Aye, that would be great. I'll bring it down to you on Saturday. Take care now. Bye."

:: she set the cellphone aside and turned back to Nara ::

"Sorry about that."

Nara McKenna
Sep 18th, 2007, 06:03:38 PM
"No worries," she said, trying to find a place to put the glass. If there were coasters, they were hiding.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 18th, 2007, 06:13:15 PM
:: Fiona admired the daito a moment before setting it aside ::

"Oh."

:: She slid a notepad over to Nara ::

"Use that."

Nara McKenna
Sep 18th, 2007, 06:16:36 PM
"Thanks." She set glass down and fidgeted in the chair. "Look, not sure why I'm getting this vibe, but I feel like I'm sitting in front of my mom and waiting to get lectured."

Fiona Devlin
Sep 18th, 2007, 06:21:26 PM
"Relax, Nara. I've already spoken to Claudia. You are safe here."

Nara McKenna
Sep 18th, 2007, 06:26:09 PM
"Claudia? You know my elder? But you're not a Garou or kin." She narrowed her eyes, "Well, at least not Garou from what Brigid told me."

In some of their conversations, Brigid had informed the Fury that Immortals cannot be Garou or turned into Vampires. Their blood didn't work that way.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 18th, 2007, 06:37:08 PM
"I know all the Garou in this city."

:: She steepled her fingers together as she looked intently at Nara ::

"If I had to guess, Brigid's told you of our kind. Am I right?"

Nara McKenna
Sep 18th, 2007, 06:39:22 PM
"Um, yeah." She shifted uncomfortably in the chair.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 18th, 2007, 06:44:36 PM
"Great! That save me the trouble, doesn't it?" she chuckled.

Nara McKenna
Sep 18th, 2007, 06:48:46 PM
She laughed out of relief more then anything else. "Yeah, I guess it does. I know I'm sworn to secrecy and all that kinda stuff. Even the band has to stay outta the loop for the most part."

Fiona Devlin
Sep 18th, 2007, 06:52:58 PM
"Aye, that would be best. They're kinfolk, right?"

Nara McKenna
Sep 18th, 2007, 06:55:27 PM
"Yep," she answered proudly. "All of them. My former pack found them for me and figured we'd be an instant hit. They were mostly right."

Her grin was almost feral, "Kevin I still wonder about."

Fiona Devlin
Sep 18th, 2007, 07:07:07 PM
:: Fiona laughed ::

"He's a good lad."

:: She got serious again ::

"How much do you know about the city so far?"

Nara McKenna
Sep 18th, 2007, 07:17:26 PM
She shrugged, "Not much to be honest. Basically the Vamps and Garou have to play nice but things are still hot after what happened during the war. Plus there was a Spiral spotted in the City. Me and Brigid took him down but there hasn't been any activity since as far as we can tell."

And they still had not figured out why the Spiral knew Nara to begin with, or her lineage. That was most disconcerting.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 18th, 2007, 07:31:34 PM
"It seems there's quite a bit of evil brewing now lately. First London, now here. I could use your help, Nara McKenna. The stakes are too high to let Chicago to fall into chaos again."

Nara McKenna
Sep 18th, 2007, 07:33:11 PM
"Hey, I ain't going anywhere, anytime soon and you know that I'd do anything to defend Gaia," she said emphatically.

Fiona Devlin
Sep 18th, 2007, 07:50:19 PM
:: Fiona smiled with the deepest warmth. It resonated in her voice when she spoke ::

"You have Eoen's eyes."

Nara McKenna
Sep 18th, 2007, 07:52:25 PM
"Why am I not surprised that you'd figure that out too," she said evenly. "Brigid recognized my lineage when the Spiral said my name and when I shifted."

Fiona Devlin
Sep 20th, 2007, 02:31:28 PM
"There's a meeting being held at the Fanum tomorrow. I'd like you to accompany me."

Nara McKenna
Sep 20th, 2007, 03:01:06 PM
"Uh ..." Nara's voiced humbled at that idea. "That meeting is really only for the leaders. I'm not high enough Rank to go there. I did already give them an account of what happened tho."

Fiona Devlin
Sep 20th, 2007, 03:25:45 PM
"You will stand by my side, Daughter of Cormac. I have need of you there."

:: There was a sense of pride in her tone, and she looked upon Nara as an equal ::

Nara McKenna
Sep 20th, 2007, 03:28:40 PM
Well, when she put it like that, with such determination and pride, how could Nara not go?

Still, she wasn't too sure about the idea. All she could picture was a severe tongue lashing and possible physical scolding for putting her snout where it didn't belong. "I'm not entirely sure how you can be over the heads of my Elders ..."

Fiona Devlin
Sep 20th, 2007, 03:37:23 PM
"I'm not. My relationship with the Elders is that of an advisor. I've done so for generations, and when needed, I've taken up my sword to fight for Gaia."

Nara McKenna
Sep 20th, 2007, 03:40:25 PM
Nara tapped against the arms of the chair and finally shrugged. "Okay, but if they don't like it, it's your head."

Fiona Devlin
Sep 20th, 2007, 03:54:55 PM
:: Fiona gave her a reassuring smile as she stood ::

"It's good to have you here. Let's go check on the others."

Nara McKenna
Sep 20th, 2007, 03:56:39 PM
"Sure," she said, standing up, "But I'll apologize ahead of time if Kevin broke something."